00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Halloween 2008 Results

48,531 Views | 233 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 01:47:49

At 11/6/08 04:27 PM, ngpico7 wrote: I seriously think that This_is_Halloween by DerajN really deserved to be on at least that top 15 list.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/46 7377

Seconded. I mean, points for the song alone.

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 01:55:03

Thought the art and graphics arnt the best, you can really see the effort the animator put into this piece, also, personally I found the atmosphere that was created chilling, and this flash actually did scare me, without really having to result to the "Monster jumps out" scare tactics. I think it deserves a mention.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 04:10:27

At 11/6/08 04:09 PM, TomFulp wrote: 1. $1000 - Jerry and the Closet

Well, we all kind of knew that this one was going to take the honours

2. $1000 - EW: Matt Sucks
3. $1000 - The Dangers of Halloween
4. $500 - Flecko's Halloween

Well, I'd better check to see these three movies, as I know for a fact that ...

5. $500 - Rockoons 2

...this was absolutely fantastic.

Congratulations to all the winners, we hope to see you back with some more material for the Xmas competitions!

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 04:12:31

I knew that Little Jerry and The Closet was going to win.

[New Servers on the Way!] [Twitter] [My Site] [My NGLog]

Click on the image!

Sig by bangyouredead

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 05:09:34

congrats to RcoketCrotch Halloween or whatever its called, it was really good

any way I think the most over looked submission has got to be this one right here
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/46 5668

incredible animation, incredibly stylish, a unique art style, awesome color scheme and brilliant art, hilariously funny (in a "you feel bad for laughing sort of way") and just a wonderful flash movie overall

this thing got a very brief stint on the front page before being quickly taken off and the reason I think for its fade into obscurity is its highly offensive content. Its defiantely worth a look regardless because, c'mon! MY flash almost has more views than it!

basically I think that this should win because despite its contoversial content I still think we ought to give credit where credit is due, this was one of the best submissions.

Enter your signature below as you would like it to appear under your Forum posts. You are permitted a maximum of 175 characters (350 including HTML tags)

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 06:02:07

In my opinion Noctornus could have been on higher place. But I always knew that the Jerry one would win the grand first price in the end.

Also glad to see Edd Egg made it that far,

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 10:28:49

fffff

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 10:38:16

This is the halloween gem I'm submitting:

Overbite

It was submitted on an account I made myself, but there was no rule mentioned against doing this. It was barely noticed because of the bad animation, but there were a few people who appeared to love it - one of them being TheBoogley, who gave it a ten out of ten score in his review and organised the now well known 'One Big Morphing Orgasm', saying it was a classic. It ends inspiringly despite being dark and violent in atmosphere.

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 11:04:46

At 11/7/08 05:09 AM, Yoshio wrote: congrats to RcoketCrotch Halloween or whatever its called, it was really good

any way I think the most over looked submission has got to be this one right here
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/46 5668

incredible animation, incredibly stylish, a unique art style, awesome color scheme and brilliant art, hilariously funny (in a "you feel bad for laughing sort of way") and just a wonderful flash movie overall

this thing got a very brief stint on the front page before being quickly taken off and the reason I think for its fade into obscurity is its highly offensive content. Its defiantely worth a look regardless because, c'mon! MY flash almost has more views than it!

basically I think that this should win because despite its contoversial content I still think we ought to give credit where credit is due, this was one of the best submissions.

Thanks man for the support. Also this:

Watch it your you hold your parents dear!

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 11:13:07

I believe this should win as it's always funny to see Spongebob masturbating. Also, they really sound like the characters. That should count for something...maybe...

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 11:20:48

I wanted the Edmund CD as soon as I saw it with no purchases yesterday, but unfortunately I couldn't get my mum to enter her credit card details. If there are still signed copies left, I'll try to do it today. Although, I might wait for a calendar if I don't get Weebl's.

Visiting Newgrounds Since 2003

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 11:21:07

Thomas D. Fulp, I in no way agree with this!
Catoblepas' submission and Joey's Halloween Movie (tm) should have won ALL THE FUCKING MONEY WITHIN WOTAN'S KINGDOM

also:

At 11/6/08 06:27 PM, Andrew-Kauervane wrote: Gotta say, I'm a little pissed about the judgement. But whatever.

HAHAHA YOU ONLY WON 500 DOLLARS
YOU'RE SUCH A FUCKING NOOB

OWNEDDDDDDddddddddd

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 11:23:57

I'd also vote for

only submission that actually tried to be scary. Also seems like he put more thought into than most of the submisions.

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 11:32:33

At 11/7/08 11:14 AM, doberman7 wrote: Haha, I dont think so.

Quiet, you non-neutral n****r.

At 11/7/08 11:20 AM, maxvm wrote: I wanted the Edmund CD as soon as I saw it with no purchases yesterday, but unfortunately I couldn't get my mum to enter her credit card details.

Son, you need to learn how to steal her card details.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 11:36:56

Happy Birthday Tom!

None

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 12:56:28

Ya know... I expanded the rankings because there were so many great submissions, but when I did, Three's Horrible just sorta slipped off the radar of the additional submissions but SHOULD have been there. You're getting a $250 WHOOPS PRIZE.

Everyone should go watch.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/46 6524

I've always wanted to win a "whoops prize" haha! Seriously I'm grateful for the attention and glad that people responded the way they did to my first short here. I'm working on a Christmas short now... will there be a Christmas prize giveaway too! Wanna see if I can keep the magic rolling! (=

RubberOnion = flexible and multilayered

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 13:07:53

At 11/7/08 11:36 AM, Luis wrote: Happy Birthday Tom!

^^^^^
also, I am very pleased with the contest results, I think its awesome that nocturnus beat andrew kauvernane because that guy is a jerk! Congrats to everyone but him and thank you to the judges!

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 13:36:43

I thought this flash was pretty undiscoverd seeing as it only has three coments

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 14:02:32

I want some $$$.

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 14:34:26

This is probably my favorite haloween flash this year. the author is obviously not as experienced as

many others around but he put a lot of effort into this small video. I think the idea is quite original and

the execution in general is great. truly a small jet shiny gem this haloween.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 14:48:58

Damn... I never stood a chance! Better luck next year!

Originality Is your best weapon against the unoriginals.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 15:10:55

This flashgame is like a lighter version of the exmortis series. It's not actually as scary as Exmortis, but it certainly was capable of creeping me out and the graphics are amazing. In my opinion this should have gotten frontpaged.

This flash is so much underrated, it's ridiculous. It's one of the most sadistic flashes I've ever seen on Newgrounds and it ticks me off to have seen so many people complain about it being on frontpage. It's awesome and I think it deserves a second chance.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 15:31:37

OH my god . "fucking kids" by catoblepas how could I have forgot that????

if you havent seen it. do it. and tom should give the cash to catoblepas

by the way, tom when are you gonna announce the montly winners?

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 15:46:52

At 11/7/08 03:31 PM, Emanhattan wrote: OH my god . "fucking kids" by catoblepas how could I have forgot that????

if you havent seen it. do it. and tom should give the cash to catoblepas

by the way, tom when are you gonna announce the montly winners?

That was a good one, very origional

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 15:52:30

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 16:31:39

Why it is an overlooked gem: Well first of all, it somehow hasn't been mentioned by anyone in this thread thus far in addition to not getting mentioned in the first post. It takes a creative spin on the whole "horror-Halloween" you see all the time. It starts off the same as one might expect for a Halloween themed flash, however it stays true to the flash's own style that the author often employs. Also, instead of taking blatant stabs at cliche's, it simply pokes fun at them without the same and old tired jokes. Highly original and very well made.

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 17:16:46

i cant believe it !!

lazzymuffin 3rd?!?1

OMFGGG

his a fcking nooooooooobb

he doesnt deseves the moNEY!!!

fckiing NOOBS!!

raccon should have WON the 1000$

lazzymuffin i hope a kasam will fcking fall on ur stupid head u stupid NOOB.

IM HERE RELAX.

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 17:21:11

Ok.. this one is the winner. I think I already posted in here.. but I can't remember if I did or not dangit. >:(

If I did, just remove my last submission lol.

I think this shows some nice egoraptor fan art. It has some pretty original jokes in it to. Hand drawn, lots of effort put into it. Everything in the awesome collection is.. well.. AWESOME. So therefore, this flash is awesome, and should win the extra money. ;)

AND I SHOULD GET THAT CALENDAR CAUSE IM TO POOR TO OFFORD ONE. :|

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 17:23:27

Response to Halloween 2008 Results 2008-11-07 17:34:25

At 11/7/08 04:31 PM, NeMeSiSM66 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/45 7215
Why it is an overlooked gem: Well first of all, it somehow hasn't been mentioned by anyone in this thread thus far in addition to not getting mentioned in the first post. It takes a creative spin on the whole "horror-Halloween" you see all the time. It starts off the same as one might expect for a Halloween themed flash, however it stays true to the flash's own style that the author often employs. Also, instead of taking blatant stabs at cliche's, it simply pokes fun at them without the same and old tired jokes. Highly original and very well made.

Oh i'm happy I decided to look at this, even though I did mention I refused to post.
I'm going to save some trouble here.
1. I did not edit it to include this sites halloween pre-loader. Which should not count it towards a prize.
2. Not to get into the details, but assuming I did add that, there are just too many things to go through to split prizes evenly among things.
3. I referred into asking Tom to add it to the collection, and he kindly agreed. If i didn't do that it wouldn't be in there.

Just thought i would clear that up.