00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wettle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rhunyc's arts?

155,869 Views | 1,235 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-05-04 18:09:15

At 5/4/14 02:09 PM, loudwallpaper69 wrote:
At 4/28/14 08:37 PM, Rhunyc wrote: In case anyone was interested, I finished that paint-over.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/rhunyc/disney-paint-over-kida
It looks amazing. This is my favorite of all the Disney paint over's I've seen thus far.

Much thanks! :)

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-05-06 23:19:16

So then I was all like, yeah I'll paint Samus again. It's been a few years.

Rhunyc's arts?

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-05-07 21:35:45

At 5/6/14 11:19 PM, Rhunyc wrote: So then I was all like, yeah I'll paint Samus again. It's been a few years.

Some color

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-05-12 22:11:30

Put samus on hiatus again. Started up a commission for a musician on this site.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-05-13 20:15:13

At 5/12/14 10:11 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Put samus on hiatus again. Started up a commission for a musician on this site.

Hold on there commission and samus, i'mma stop you for just one second..

R.I.P. Giger

My tribute is in progress:

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-05-13 21:07:00

At 5/13/14 08:15 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
At 5/12/14 10:11 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Put samus on hiatus again. Started up a commission for a musician on this site.
Hold on there commission and samus, i'mma stop you for just one second..

R.I.P. Giger

My tribute is in progress:

Finished this guy.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-05-14 21:51:18

It turned out awesome. I can't wait to see the final on Samus.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-05-14 23:26:10

At 5/14/14 09:51 PM, loudwallpaper69 wrote: It turned out awesome. I can't wait to see the final on Samus.

Thanks man! I'm excited for that as well. :> Right now though I'm trying to work on this commission I got going on, it'll probably be another day or so before I finish this guy.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-05-17 10:48:17

I lied, still working on it. Past two days were kind of unexpected.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-05-18 00:37:44

Here's a quick painting utilizing some concept art methods I picked up recently.

Basically I heard the lyric "Diving off the tongues of crippled giants" and thought that would make a neat idea for a painting. I figured it would make a good opportunity to try out this new method to see how quick I could get the idea out. This is about an hour into it.

Also, I would've kept going but my wacom tablet driver decided to not be found at the end of the progress I have so far. I thought this would be a good point to post what I got so far, I'm gonna go and keep working on it though after I reinstall my driver or whatever.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-05-18 02:11:27

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-05-22 19:13:01

Working more on Samus

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-05-22 23:36:34

At 5/22/14 07:13 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Working more on Samus

GOING TO BED.

Last update for the night. I wanna do banana things to this, detail wise. :>

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-05-24 00:05:15

At 5/22/14 11:36 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
GOING TO BED.

More on samoose

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-05-25 23:06:35

At 5/24/14 12:05 AM, Rhunyc wrote:
At 5/22/14 11:36 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
GOING TO BED.

More on samoose

Taking a break on Samus to re-paint my batman picture I did like last year

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-05-27 23:48:37

Oh hey batman...

Doing more work on him, here's a crop of a part of the painting :>

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-05-28 23:02:35

Your recent pictures have been a joy to look at as they portray moments in what feels like a great adventure. The movement and energy as well as atmospheric colouring work very well given both the subject matter and the mood you wish to create. There are only small critiques that I would offer, mostly to improve your use of differentiating local values and preventing more detailed parts from sinking into the background. I feel that in the picture with the reaper-character, the lighting is a little difficult to understand. It seems to come from in front of the character, but the highlights on the skulls are behind his back. Also, I think changing the proportions of the picture slightly, making it wider than it is tall, would make the landscape appear more encompassing and vast. I greatly enjoy the textures on the hills and cloth, but feel that the stitching in the latter is a little sloppy due to how straight it sits on the hood itself. My favourite parts of this picture are probably the round side of the scythe and the bright, grassy hill. They are so different from the rest of the textures and really draw in the eye.

I attached a screenshot to show how I would cut the picture to make the feel more large.

Thanks for posting so many interesting pieces.

Rhunyc's arts?

*beesnaw*

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-05-29 00:04:58

Wow, thank you so much for the kind post, it's very humbling to read. :)

I also enjoy your constructive criticism. Thank you! I always thought something was a bit off with that piece, and your comments shed some light on why I think I thought it was off, so thank you for that. :) I've actually been wanting to go back and do more to that image, and these things would be a great place to touch up on, definitely.

But again, thank you for taking the time to review my art and let me know about how I can improve!

And lastly, you're welcome. I'm just glad people find them interesting! I try to make my paintings/pictures tell stories in how I do them.. I try to stray from boring/static ideas, although I don't always manage to pull that off so easily. I'm learning to push myself even further in that area. :)

At 5/28/14 11:02 PM, Beepony wrote: Your recent pictures have been a joy to look at as they portray moments in what feels like a great adventure. The movement and energy as well as atmospheric colouring work very well given both the subject matter and the mood you wish to create. There are only small critiques that I would offer, mostly to improve your use of differentiating local values and preventing more detailed parts from sinking into the background. I feel that in the picture with the reaper-character, the lighting is a little difficult to understand. It seems to come from in front of the character, but the highlights on the skulls are behind his back. Also, I think changing the proportions of the picture slightly, making it wider than it is tall, would make the landscape appear more encompassing and vast. I greatly enjoy the textures on the hills and cloth, but feel that the stitching in the latter is a little sloppy due to how straight it sits on the hood itself. My favourite parts of this picture are probably the round side of the scythe and the bright, grassy hill. They are so different from the rest of the textures and really draw in the eye.

I attached a screenshot to show how I would cut the picture to make the feel more large.

Thanks for posting so many interesting pieces.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-05-29 14:41:04

At 5/29/14 12:04 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Wow, thank you so much for the kind post, it's very humbling to read. :)

I also enjoy your constructive criticism. Thank you! I always thought something was a bit off with that piece, and your comments shed some light on why I think I thought it was off, so thank you for that. :) I've actually been wanting to go back and do more to that image, and these things would be a great place to touch up on, definitely.

But again, thank you for taking the time to review my art and let me know about how I can improve!

And lastly, you're welcome. I'm just glad people find them interesting! I try to make my paintings/pictures tell stories in how I do them.. I try to stray from boring/static ideas, although I don't always manage to pull that off so easily. I'm learning to push myself even further in that area. :)

I'm glad you enjoyed my post and crit. I do feel that you try to stray from static ideas and I greatly appreciate that. Now only if I could do so in my own work.

Keep pushing yourself! I'm sure you will improve wonderfully.

*beesnaw*

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-05-31 00:48:53

Guyz, I finished my batmoon

Here's a crop from the full thing:

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-05-31 09:21:25

At 5/31/14 12:48 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Guyz, I finished my batmoon
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/rhunyc/batman-on-fire
Here's a crop from the full thing:

How did you approach the smoke? It's very convincing (I wrote "conving" in my review lol).

Awesome work, if I wasn't your fan already, you would have gained a new one today.

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-05-31 11:51:56

At 5/31/14 09:21 AM, Luwano wrote: How did you approach the smoke? It's very convincing (I wrote "conving" in my review lol).

Awesome work, if I wasn't your fan already, you would have gained a new one today.

Thank you! And for my smoke in this one, I figured it would be the best route to find some smoke brushes and use those as a base and paint over them. The brush-pack I downloaded is here. ^^

The brushes I normally use for that sort of effect, make smoke cloudy and in Dan Luvisi's painting, his is more singy/stringy. Thought I would attempt a different way of doing it. :)

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-06-02 23:14:21

Doing a new process for how I paint. Also if any of yous guys are curious, I put up a painting tutorial on my deviantart, link to it is in my journal... OR RIGHT HERE BABY.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-06-06 23:07:44

At 6/2/14 11:14 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Doing a new process for how I paint. Also if any of yous guys are curious, I put up a painting tutorial on my deviantart, link to it is in my journal... OR RIGHT HERE BABY.

Finiiiished it

it's really original, shut up

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-06-22 03:58:14

Boop.

Been re-working stupid-man... Er, supper-guy... I mean sack-potatoes.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-06-22 15:27:33

At 6/22/14 03:58 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Boop.

Been re-working stupid-man... Er, supper-guy... I mean sack-potatoes.

Potatoes: complete.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-08-25 21:07:27

Doin some lineart... because lineart.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-08-25 23:51:40

At 8/25/14 09:07 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Doin some lineart... because lineart.

His name is Adelrik, the Fearless.

:D Gonna detail paint him soon! In color! This was a quick b+w paint to set the mood sort of.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-08-26 02:07:29

At 8/25/14 11:51 PM, Rhunyc wrote:

D Gonna detail paint him soon! In color! This was a quick b+w paint to set the mood sort of.

yeah!! detail paint detail paint. this looks bad ass. But a level of grungy detail would make this even more badass

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-08-30 16:16:47

At 8/26/14 02:07 AM, Spac3case916 wrote:
At 8/25/14 11:51 PM, Rhunyc wrote:

D Gonna detail paint him soon! In color! This was a quick b+w paint to set the mood sort of.
yeah!! detail paint detail paint. this looks bad ass. But a level of grungy detail would make this even more badass

Ohhh.. grungy detail is coming. :>

Here's a little sneaky peek of what I got going on.

Rhunyc's arts?