00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CloudSavage just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Computer Construction Crew

187,032 Views | 2,279 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-19 14:26:50

ima get a fucking 720 and overcllock that shit to 5ghz

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-19 14:54:35

At 4/19/09 02:26 PM, TacoFreak wrote: ima get a fucking 720 and overcllock that shit to 5ghz

You mean a 920? You will need one hell of a aftermarket heatsink for that.

Visit my brilliant Last.fm account by clicking the breathtaking signature below. Disappointment is futile.

BBS Signature

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-19 15:40:22

At 4/19/09 02:54 PM, PolishMatt wrote:
At 4/19/09 02:26 PM, TacoFreak wrote: ima get a fucking 720 and overcllock that shit to 5ghz
You mean a 920? You will need one hell of a aftermarket heatsink for that.

no I mean a fucking 720

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-19 18:06:43

okay I ordered my fucking 720

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-19 22:11:49

Hey guys, I have a question that you might be able to help me with or point me to someone how can.

I have a Computer that i am trying to install a Version of Windows XP over the Current one. It will not let me boot the disk from the Start Screen. Do you know anyway to erase the Existing Windows and Input the XP I have on Disc.

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution

Governor of the ZSC

PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-20 00:40:17

At 4/19/09 10:11 PM, TheRipper00 wrote: Hey

Sounds like you have a problem with your computer detecting your disc at boot up. What you have to do is go into your BIOS and change the priority of the boot sequence so that that the CD-ROM drive is first and not the HDD. The key is usually responsbile for the entrance to the BIOS is one of the 'F' keys such as F12. In the bottom right corner of the boot up screen, it will say what key to press for the BIOS. After you complete this task, you need to put the disk in and say yes to booting it. When you come to the installation menu, just delete the old partition that had the OS and create a new partition in that spot for your fresh copy of XP.

Visit my brilliant Last.fm account by clicking the breathtaking signature below. Disappointment is futile.

BBS Signature

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-20 02:04:25

At 4/19/09 06:06 PM, TacoFreak wrote: okay I ordered my fucking 720

I hope your computer will suffer from the China Syndrome :3

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-20 16:12:35

My motherboard just gave me the instant FF error.

This happens to Nvidia motherboards when something is seriously wrong with the board itself. It's a telltale sign of a bricked MB. I currently have the battery out to reset cmos, if it doesn't post when I put it back in in a few minutes, I need to try and RMA.

Shit.

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-20 17:57:47

RMA.

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-20 18:00:24

At 4/20/09 05:57 PM, ThoseSneakyFrench wrote: RMA.

Sorry to hear that. The mother of one shall always be remembered.

BBS Signature

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-20 20:07:09

Okay so I'm on my stepsister's dell for a while on that new installation of Windows Matt gave me. I neglected to reinstall audio drivers, and now I'm in a bit of a pickle. Dell's support page lists 3 different onboard sound chips for this model. Device manager draws a blank and tells me I have "High definition audio device."

How do I find out which chip I have so I can install the right drivers?

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-20 21:13:33

At 4/20/09 08:07 PM, ThoseSneakyFrench wrote: How do I find out which chip I have so I can install the right drivers?

I would download them all and install each one till something positive clicked.

BBS Signature

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-20 22:12:07

Although that sucks ass, I am impressed by a motherboard that can...tell you shit.
Expensive? Or am I outdated...

Also, Newegg's "Rush Delivery" doesn't seem to do anything. Oh well, didn't expect an extra 4 bucks to make a monitor get here any faster.

RAWR.

BBS Signature

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-21 01:08:26

At 4/20/09 10:12 PM, TheWolfe wrote:
Although that sucks ass, I am impressed by a motherboard that can...tell you shit.

It's just 2 seven-segments soldered to a mobo. It's not necessarily too great for displaying information due to its simplicity, but at times its handy.

Expensive? Or am I outdated...

It's becoming much more mainstream and common at EVGA boards, I don't believe other companies do it.

Buying a separate 8" 480x800 screen and implementing it into the room for two of your bays in the front of your computer, would make for more impressive information monitor. The Voodoo Omen has it :3 it's 20k.

BBS Signature

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-21 02:01:26

At 4/21/09 01:08 AM, PolishMatt wrote: Buying a separate 8" 480x800 screen and implementing it into the room for two of your bays in the front of your computer, would make for more impressive information monitor. The Voodoo Omen has it :3 it's 20k.

Lol. That's some nice case modding. How much information does it display?

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-21 02:35:12

At 4/21/09 02:01 AM, SuperFlonic wrote: Lol. That's some nice case modding. How much information does it display?

It's a pretty hifty large screen, so anything. Hell, you could use it as a secondary and put your MSN Messenger or whatever small program, to just sit there while you game. Definitely beats that small craptastic screen that is offered on that new gaming keyboard.

BBS Signature

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-21 06:44:35

At 4/20/09 09:13 PM, PolishMatt wrote:
At 4/20/09 08:07 PM, ThoseSneakyFrench wrote: How do I find out which chip I have so I can install the right drivers?
I would download them all and install each one till something positive clicked.

That's like telling me to see what happens with Nvidia's drivers on a crossfire computer

At 4/21/09 01:08 AM, PolishMatt wrote: Buying a separate 8" 480x800 screen and implementing it into the room for two of your bays in the front of your computer, would make for more impressive information monitor. The Voodoo Omen has it :3 it's 20k.

How much does something like that cost? And as far as I'm concerned, the only practical way to hook it up is to get a USB header => USB port adapter, and hook it up to a usb video card inside the case.

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-21 07:38:11

Okay they shipped out my fucking 720.

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-21 08:29:14

At 4/21/09 06:44 AM, ThoseSneakyFrench wrote: That's like telling me to see what happens with Nvidia's drivers on a crossfire computer

It's not and I don't see anyone else with suggestions. The driver will either work or it won't, and if you don't want to take the time to find the exact driver for yourself, you'll have try them all.

How

You have much to learn.

BBS Signature

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-21 12:31:11

For a noob like me who doesn't know what all those specs means besides hard drive/RAM could you perhaps make a little "Computer Specs for Dummies" ?:P . I really want to know more about computer hardware and all that stuff, so I also can build my own computer :)

Thanks to Spartan204 for making my sig <:

BBS Signature

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-21 12:44:48

At 4/21/09 12:31 PM, Gewglz wrote: For a noob like me who doesn't know what all those specs means besides hard drive/RAM could you perhaps make a little "Computer Specs for Dummies" ?:P . I really want to know more about computer hardware and all that stuff, so I also can build my own computer :)

www.overclock.net

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-21 12:48:22

At 4/21/09 12:44 PM, TacoFreak wrote:
www.overclock.net

That isn't really a tutorial buddy <:

BBS Signature

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-21 12:50:45

At 4/21/09 12:48 PM, Gewglz wrote:
At 4/21/09 12:44 PM, TacoFreak wrote:
www.overclock.net
That isn't really a tutorial buddy <:

The point is it's 10 times better than this crew is

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-21 13:23:15

Oh well cba really signing up for a website I don't understand shit of :P

BBS Signature

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-21 16:03:09

At 4/18/09 02:07 PM, ThoseSneakyFrench wrote:
I will be aquiring a broken laptop soon to which I will have to supply my own hard drive.

Scarily enough, I was almost (might still be) in that position, my uncle found a old laptop (at least 4 years) in one of his cupboards, I'm trying to get it off him, but he might be getting it repaired and so I'd have to buy it off him.

Then I'd have to upgrade it, but can you upgrade laptops? I've heard that RAM is fine, but could you replace graphics cards?

(Back from the dead!)

Thanks to TheWolfe for letting me steal his sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-21 17:08:01

At 4/21/09 04:03 PM, sirbobsalot2 wrote: Then I'd have to upgrade it, but can you upgrade laptops? I've heard that RAM is fine, but could you replace graphics cards?

No. You can upgrade the RAM, HHD and Wireless card. A hand full of laptops out there have their CPUs capable of being upgraded as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-21 18:14:23

Well Shit.
Once again, I've spent a ton of money, only to be fucked up the arse.
I bought the monitor last thursday night...waited, and waited...until FINALLY it came today.
I brought it inside, opened it up, glorious 23 inches, layed it out, and turned it on.
One...small...dot.
I had a single, red, dead pixel.
Immediatley I googled any remedies, and after running a few tests, playing a few flashing videos, and "rubbing the screen", I knew I was fucked.
The Newegg RMA policy for monitors is there has to be at LEAST 8 dead pixels. However I called customer service and was given an exception.
Printed out the rma, taped it on the box, rewrapped the monitor, drove my ass down to UPS, and mailed it off to CALIFORNIA. They mailed this damn thing from NASHVILLE, TENNESSE.
It'll get there by NEXT MONDAY, and who knows how long until I get another one sent back to me, which may have 0 dead pixels, or 7. Oh, and the shipping and handling cost 27 bucks, so that "great deal" is pretty much blown out of the water.
I wasn't even that impressed. It was a big ass screen, connected through DVI, the resolution was nice, nice details, but it wasn't "OMG HD CLARITY I CAN SEE FREAKING RAINDROPS ON RAINFOREST LEAVES". It was worth about 200 bucks, and I got what I paid for.
I know it was only 1 small red dot, but it bugs the shit out of me. I spent my own money, took the time to find a deal, put my faith into newegg, again, and then got this shit? I can't put up with it.
Hopefully, 2 weeks from now, this'll all be solved.

RAWR.

BBS Signature

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-21 23:40:41

At 4/21/09 06:14 PM, TheWolfe wrote: but it wasn't "OMG HD CLARITY I CAN SEE FREAKING RAINDROPS ON RAINFOREST LEAVES". It was worth about 200 bucks, and I got what I paid for.

It's an Acer,that's probably why.

Anyways.

Tried installing XP, some how it tried it got rid of my small sun 100mb partition for W7 and now I had to reinstall W7 but after it finished unpacking the files, it rebooted and now its stuck at the boot screen with Asus's name and all.

I'm screwed.

BBS Signature

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-22 02:31:35

Update.

It appears that I can finally get into the BIOS and do an installation of an OS when my primary 250GB HDD is physically disconnected from my computer. Tomorrow (Today technically - 2:14AM) I'm going to attempt to get to a few stores and hopefully find a 1TB WD 7200RPM 32MB HDD because even though I can order it online, I have a lot of school projects to be completed this week along with personal needs that need to be fulfilled and ordering can take 3~14 days to arrive which is inconvenient right about now.

My procrastination and inability to choose effectively, has finally hit me hard. I fucking hope to god that my Files won't be gone, I have some EXTREMELY sensitive data on there for projects and information that have taken me so far years to collect and produce. Along side a incomplete file that has 2000$ written all over it and that is not even saved on another source of storage.

I hate hard drives, they are such a old dying technology that its embarrassing to think that our race has still not come up with a more affordable and efficient method of data storage (SSDs do not coun;t as paying 900$ for 256GB is not exactly convenient or even physically possible for majority of computer users.)

Here's a picture to visually express my anger and hate for HHDs.

BBS Signature

Response to Computer Construction Crew 2009-04-22 03:42:56

my 720 and mx-2 comes in and I

jizz in my pants