00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kingmo101 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List

545,537 Views | 5,463 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-04 21:58:51

Just noticed the update now. Good one. I'm closing in. Finally got over the 10,000 post hump, now if I can just get off my skinny, lazy butt and do some Blamming, I'll be set. *Goes off to vote 0 on everything Under Judgement* :P

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-05 00:34:32

I really put up some low numbers this week for total on the penta list... but that's alright. I have school and i'm still looking for a job to replace my shitty mcdonalds job...

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-05 07:12:44

At 4/3/05 01:31 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Web Pentalist Mark VIII is uploaded and available.

Mmmm... it's 2x10k nowadays? Darn, just as I was getting close to 10k blams. Now I'll have to wait for 10k saves to appear on the list (considering I neither post nor review much at all), which will probably take another 1,5 years or so to accomplish. x.x

Damn you, Wade.

Það er margt sem myrkrið veit / minn er hugur þungur

Oft ég svarta sandinn leit / svíða grænan engireit

Í jöklinum hljóða dauðadjúpar sprungur

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-07 02:18:12

i just got 10,000 saves i shall finally join the list at probably 17th place,tis a good day,a good day indeed ^_^

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-07 04:23:59

aww crap i just read that thing about the penta list going from single 10k ness to double 10k ness...
and i would have made it on the list by the next update or the one after, damnit!
hah, i remember posting in there when i had accumulated 10,000 points all together with all of my stats combined, i posted in here, triumphantly... to be told i needed to reach 10k in ONE stat only.
now im close to achieving that...
and now im being told i will need TWO! BAH! haha.
i dont post enough to get to 10k, and my next stat to reach that high will probably be my protections....
and that will take like, another 8 months probably! CRAP!!!
aww well...
these things happen...

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-07 04:47:25

At 4/3/05 01:39 AM, gfoxcook wrote: However, I've talked to liljim, and it's quite possible that VP will expand from xx.xx to xx.xxxx format (at least on the "thanks for voting" page), to match the new xx.xxxx score displays for how much you changed a movie's score by.

That would be cool. You could actual see your VP increasing just by depositing a few or more days in lieu of 2 weeks.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-07 05:08:09

At 4/7/05 02:18 AM, X-Naut wrote: i just got 10,000 saves i shall finally join the list at probably 17th place,tis a good day,a good day indeed ^_^

Congrats, your BP ratio is better than mine, I still need another 150 saves (or 5900 posts ;)

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-07 19:50:08

At 4/7/05 02:18 AM, X-Naut wrote: i just got 10,000 saves i shall finally join the list at probably 17th place,tis a good day,a good day indeed ^_^

Congrats X-Naut awsome to have that many, i wish i had as much, anyways congrats...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-08 01:27:38

At 4/7/05 07:50 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
Congrats X-Naut awsome to have that many, i wish i had as much, anyways congrats...

~X~

shiiiit,i wish i had as much shit as you do,in my eyes you are the closest to finishing the pentalist,the most you need is in saves which is less then 3,000,im guessing in about 4-5 months if you work hard on it you will get all 5,good luck to ya ~X~ ^_^

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-08 06:31:17

At 4/8/05 01:27 AM, X-Naut wrote: shiiiit,i wish i had as much shit as you do,in my eyes you are the closest to finishing the pentalist,the most you need is in saves which is less then 3,000,im guessing in about 4-5 months if you work hard on it you will get all 5,good luck to ya ~X~ ^_^

Heh thanks man, ya things are slow for me but at some point it may happen...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-09 17:32:57

Web Pentalist Mark IX is uploaded and available.

I'm kinda exhausted, had a dental appointment today (which is why I've just now finished the update instead of doing it 5, 6 hours ago when I was actually wide awake and posting on the BBS). So anyway, I'm not going to catch up in here, or anywhere else... right now. Hence the 8136 postcount freeze for today, hence gfoxclock posting. Hence me about to go take a nice long nap (or sleep) after I finish posting this and checking the portal one last time for the day, potentially (alas).

But first, I would like to thank everyone who helped out after I posted the following on the previous page of this topic, BTW, along with last week's update notice:

"BTW, this whole past week, the only person clicking on the NG fannet button was apparently me (7 referrals for the whole week = gfox once per day and no one else). It's not a HUGE deal, but if I get even just 3 or 4 clicks from fans of this list during the week, sometimes it's enough for the PentaList to remain on page 1 of the Fannet. Most of the time it's on page 2 (sites #51-#100) instead (and thus not as visible)."

As opposed to 7 in / 7 out (the previous week's PentaList score), this week just now coming to a close... yielded THESE results for the PentaList:

17 in / 30 out

Which was enough to keep the PentaList on page 1 of the NG fannet until around Thursday (when the inevitable slide from the top 50 to 50-60 range on page 2 happened), I believe. And that's lots of exposure for the list, so I appreciate it, and so does ol' Penty, as I like to call her.... ayup. #;-}>

BTW, only the "in" count really matters for ranking (and thus page 1 placement), and that would be the number of times during the week a unique IP (limit of once per day) has clicked from my website to NG through the teal tank logo. Going the other direction is nice, but it doesn't help the ranking.

We got off to a nice boost on Sunday, BTW. Here's a screenie I took of the HIGHEST EVER position the PentaList has ever had on the fannet from that day. If enough of you guys check out the new update today and tomorrow... and click on the NG fannet tank (but only tomorrow, today's clicks will be reset tonight), we could get another great boost. I'm posting about the list update at 5 in the evening instead of midnight, though, so I doubt we'll see quite this effect:

Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List

gfoxCLOCK // wi/ht? BLOWS // 2x10k SUCKList (whatever, tl;dr) // Baha-MAN's List!

blahblah: 60000 b/p (#2), 36000 blams (#3), 24000 saves (#1) <---lolstatwhore!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-10 11:47:49

I'll probably end up single or double listed by 2007, by my estimation.

Well, see you then.

Dead.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-10 12:49:17

At 4/9/05 05:32 PM, gfoxclock wrote: Web Pentalist Mark IX is uploaded and available.

Nice update. Still plodding away with the posting, it's clearly past the experience now and accelerating away, only about 2000 more needed.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-11 12:30:44

Well I ment to check for an update yesterday, I was out of it due to being out in the sun all day. Nice update.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-12 03:34:37

At 4/10/05 11:47 AM, Elfer wrote: I'll probably end up single or double listed by 2007, by my estimation.

For me I get 10k b-p pretty soon, EXP sometime in March 2006, Posts at my rate in 4 years.

Well, see you then.

Aye.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-15 04:37:37

At 4/12/05 03:34 AM, The_Redangleknight wrote: For me I get 10k b-p pretty soon, EXP sometime in March 2006, Posts at my rate in 4 years.

Keep in mind that you need 10K blam points or 10K save points, though, not just 10K combined points.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-15 19:46:37

I got over 10,000 blams now. Yay

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-16 09:29:12

Web Pentalist Mark X is uploaded and available.

Thanks to you pentalist fannet clickers, we've arrived at abnormally-early-morning list update time with a 16 in / 21 out score on the fannet list (compared to 17 in / 30 out last Saturday)!

Not too shabby, IOW. Though the pentalist DID fall off the top 50 around Tuesday or Wednesday, but never below #60 or so, so there's that. I think part of the problem is that I've been updating the pentalist so early on Saturday that much of the traffic (and probably much of the fannet clicking) is happening on Saturday, which is the one day of the week that fannet clicking is a wasted effort due to the click-reset at midnight. ;_;

Ah wells. I'll just have to try and wait until 10 PM to update next week. Or else anyone interested in helping me keep the pentalist up in the rankings can always click again on Sunday or Monday or Tuesday or whenever. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-16 10:20:39

PRE-PREVIOUS-UPDATE STUFF... heh:

At 4/4/05 09:36 PM, MPA wrote: Finally my spot in the top 5 has been secured. It's taken a helluva-lotta point mashing. Thanks for the update.

Top 5? Hell, you'll be in the top 1 come 2006. #;-}>

At 4/4/05 09:58 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Just noticed the update now. Good one. I'm closing in. Finally got over the 10,000 post hump, now if I can just get off my skinny, lazy butt and do some Blamming, I'll be set. *Goes off to vote 0 on everything Under Judgement* :P

Thanks for teh Mark VIII replyage, man. No probs. As for yer 2x10k potential... I haven't started mentioning you in the comments yet (because I don't tend to think of someone as "close" until they're around 9500 or so in their second stat), but I noticed you had over 8700 blams, so... get moving, dagnabit! #;-}>

At 4/4/05 10:47 PM, BonusStage wrote: I saw gfox had #31 on the fan net, AWESOME, and i see i'm still a long ways away from being on since i never realyl review, saves are like hitting oil (to a small extant :P) and i post much less these days, but trust me I SHALL SUCCEDD :D

#31? Sure. But early on the 3rd the pentalist had #11. Mostly due to the fact that between midnight and 4:45 AM (or thereabouts) on Sunday morning, if you get a shitload of referal clicks you can get your site really high up on the listing, even if it has no chance of staying there for the rest of the week. This is why I should be aiming to announce updates to the list just before midnight Sat/Sun, not so early in the day like today. Bleh I say! o_o

Saves = much more valuable than mere oil!

At 4/5/05 12:34 AM, YoinK_VineS wrote: I really put up some low numbers this week for total on the penta list... but that's alright. I have school and i'm still looking for a job to replace my shitty mcdonalds job...

I put up some damned low numbers this week as well. If I was posting and reviewing more than I am, I'd still be okay overall with my low b/p numbers, but sadly b/p is making up 70% of my low totals, exp is 25%, and posting is like the other 5%. ;_;

At 4/5/05 07:12 AM, schneelocke wrote: Mmmm... it's 2x10k nowadays? Darn, just as I was getting close to 10k blams. Now I'll have to wait for 10k saves to appear on the list (considering I neither post nor review much at all), which will probably take another 1,5 years or so to accomplish. x.x

It's been 2x10k for about a month now, yes. 5 updates, in fact. So yeah, a month. Sorry about your closeness to 10k blams, but I hope it will at least give you motivation to get those saves up as well. And hell, you can always wait for 10k exp if you can't post or review or save much, right?

You were right on the money with your 17th spot prediction, X-Naut. Wayyyy toooo goooo! Sadly, you've now been dumped down to #18 by Denvish entering the list at #12.

But... at least you're not #37! #;-}>

At 4/7/05 04:23 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: aww crap i just read that thing about the penta list going from single 10k ness to double 10k ness...
and i would have made it on the list by the next update or the one after, damnit!

You would have just made it today, yep. The one after from the day you were posting the above. Sorry, man. ;_;

hah, i remember posting in there when i had accumulated 10,000 points all together with all of my stats combined, i posted in here, triumphantly... to be told i needed to reach 10k in ONE stat only.
now im close to achieving that...
and now im being told i will need TWO! BAH! haha.

TEH IRONY! %_%

i dont post enough to get to 10k, and my next stat to reach that high will probably be my protections....
and that will take like, another 8 months probably! CRAP!!!

Your chances of getting onto the 2x10k version of the list are much higher than most 1x10kers, so at least you can rest assured of that. Plus, with your exp over half the way and your saves, posts, AND reviews all nearly half the way, you're a real threat to be a pentalisted member one day. Not as quickly as XwaynecoltX, of course, but STILL. Pentalisting is QUITE the eventual goal to have, and you don't really have to change ANYthing about your NG habits to achieve it.

At 4/7/05 04:47 AM, The_Redangleknight wrote: That would be cool. You could actual see your VP increasing just by depositing a few or more days in lieu of 2 weeks.

Exactly. Though I think that perhaps xx.xx VP would still look better in the profile (unless the profiles get a radically change, in which case the xx.xxxx looks fine... then that's better). But on the thanksforvoting page, the new changes to movie score displays makes me want to see VP in that same format. :::nods:::

At 4/7/05 05:08 AM, Denvish wrote: Congrats, your BP ratio is better than mine, I still need another 150 saves (or 5900 posts ;)

You dirty blamwhore! #;-}> Anyway, now we can just speculate on when that triplelisting is going to occur. You HAVE been posting quite a lot lately, so... maybe 2006?

At 4/7/05 07:50 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Congrats X-Naut awsome to have that many, i wish i had as much, anyways congrats...

You wish you had 10k saves? Well, of course you do. You'd be triplelisted then. But would you really trade, say... your 10k reviews... for his 10k saves?

I didn't think so. #;-}>

At 4/8/05 01:27 AM, X-Naut wrote: shiiiit,i wish i had as much shit as you do,in my eyes you are the closest to finishing the pentalist,the most you need is in saves which is less then 3,000,im guessing in about 4-5 months if you work hard on it you will get all 5,good luck to ya ~X~ ^_^

Exactly! He's got a stat on the pentalist NO ONE ELSE is on the list for, so... he's got no room to complain at all. Once he gets his blams and posts and saves over 10k, he'll be the KING OF TEH PENTALIST, no matter who's above him on the list.

He'll have mastered the essence of the list's purpose.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-16 10:21:58

PRE-THIS-UPDATE STUFF:

At 4/10/05 11:47 AM, Elfer wrote: I'll probably end up single or double listed by 2007, by my estimation.

Well, see you then.

You can still post in this topic without being on the list, you silly (and deliciously offensive) bastard. #;-}>

At 4/10/05 12:49 PM, jonthomson wrote: Nice update. Still plodding away with the posting, it's clearly past the experience now and accelerating away, only about 2000 more needed.

Thanks for teh Mark IX replyage, my man. And indeed, your posting has outpaced your exp and you're in the clear for an EARLY doublelistage.

On the flip side, my posting is failing to outpace my exp and thus I'm pretty much guaranteed to have the SLOW triplelistage alternative (when I hit 10,000 exp on July 15th). My posting will eventually hit 5 digits, but that'll be at least two months later, I hereby predict.

Maybe not, but we'll see. Second half of 2006, though. That's (almost) for certain.

At 4/11/05 12:30 PM, ramagi wrote: Well I ment to check for an update yesterday, I was out of it due to being out in the sun all day. Nice update.

FEAR TEH CANCER! ;_; Thanks!

At 4/12/05 03:34 AM, The_Redangleknight wrote: For me I get 10k b-p pretty soon, EXP sometime in March 2006, Posts at my rate in 4 years.

Well, assuming you'll hit 10,000 BLAMS as well as 10,000 b/p combined before your exp hits 10k in 3/2006, it looks like you'll be on the list in less than a year. That's not too shabby. I hereby predict... that there will be no more than 60 people on the list by then. (GASP)

At 4/15/05 07:46 PM, AnzRage wrote: I got over 10,000 blams now. Yay

Congrats, Anz. And thank you VERY much for posting about it in here, BTW, because I didn't have you in my excel spreadsheed prior to today, and... well, now I do! And I was able to congratulate you on your 10k blamness in the update as a bonus. ENJOY. #;-}>

Let this be a lesson to everyone: if you're a darkhorse who hasn't had very high stats for more than a few months, I might not know you're speeding along in blams (or posts or whatever else, but blams/posts are generally the speediest stats)... and while I doubt I'll never find out about you prior to you getting 10k in not one but TWO stats, especially if the new NG lists are put into effect... it NEVER HURTS to post about hitting your first 10k in this topic as it ensures I know about you. So please do so in the future! And if you've hit your first 10k and the following update doesn't mention you in the "just got to 10k in one stat" section... you'll know for SURE that I don't have you in my file, so SPEAK OUT even if you're a lurker, okay? Okay.

Anyway, enjoy the updateness, all!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-16 10:36:15

At 4/16/05 10:20 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 4/7/05 05:08 AM, Denvish wrote: Congrats, your BP ratio is better than mine, I still need another 150 saves (or 5900 posts ;)
You dirty blamwhore! #;-}> Anyway, now we can just speculate on when that triplelisting is going to occur. You HAVE been posting quite a lot lately, so... maybe 2006?

Hmmm, I run hot & cold with posting, depends which forum(s) I feel like being active in, if any. Nice to re-enter at #12 though, with only 5000 or so to #10. Overtook D0GMA for #8 BP yesterday, too, so all in my stats world is running along nicely... thanks for the update, I'll be looking forward to the next one. The penta is THE list to be on... just wish I was a couple of levels higher exp-wise.

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-16 10:43:08

BEH! I can't resist. :::Deleting old post, posting new reply + old reply together:::

I knew I should have checked before hitting post it. #;-}>

At 4/16/05 10:36 AM, Denvish wrote: Hmmm, I run hot & cold with posting, depends which forum(s) I feel like being active in, if any. Nice to re-enter at #12 though, with only 5000 or so to #10. Overtook D0GMA for #8 BP yesterday, too, so all in my stats world is running along nicely... thanks for the update, I'll be looking forward to the next one. The penta is THE list to be on... just wish I was a couple of levels higher exp-wise.

#12 is X's old spot. Congrats in claiming it. You have teh SUPER HIGH TOTAL to be entering the list with, that's for sure. Higher than jon's is going to be (but that's because of your obscene blamcount, I suppose #;-}>).

I wouldn't call it "overtaking" when Dogma is sitting at 36509. More like "BLOWING RIGHT BY A PARKED CAR IN MY FERRARI." #;-}>

And finally, you're welcome. Glad to hear that all is well in Denvish statland. Fear not, ye shall be 10k exp'ed eventually, so... what's the problem, eh? Let's not cry over spilled exp. We all have tales to tell re: that, don't we... ahhh yes.

At 4/16/05 10:26 AM, BonusStage wrote:
At 4/16/05 10:20 AM, gfoxcook wrote: #31? Sure. But early on the 3rd the pentalist had #11. Mostly due to the fact that between midnight and 4:45 AM (or thereabouts) on Sunday morning, if you get a shitload of referal clicks you can get your site really high up on the listing, even if it has no chance of staying there for the rest of the week. This is why I should be aiming to announce updates to the list just before midnight Sat/Sun, not so early in the day like today. Bleh I say! o_o
... this IS the pre previous :P, you had how many more days to climb even higher you silly goose :P

this is the pre previous? What the hell have you been smoking, man? #;-}>

I was replying to something you said a couple days after the 14-day-ago update, and I believe that was the weekend on which I hit #11 on the fannet.... so I was just pointing out that settling for #31 isn't necessary, this baby could break the top 10 if enough listfans clicked the tank between midnight and 4 AM on Sunday mornings.

How many more days to climb higher? 7. Like I SAID already, the fannet stats reset each and every Saturday-to-Sunday midnight, man. By the end of the week, people like David Firth have like 1500 in clicks. People like me have 20 at most. :::shrugs:::

Saves = much more valuable than mere oil!
I'm getting more of those then posts while my main computer is away, but yeah i still believe i'm hitting posts first for sure ;)

Ah wells. That'll just delay the better stat for triplelisting time, so it's all good!

Thanks for droppin' by. Did you check out the update? Please to comment (not just you, of course, ANYONE!) on the new look of the list notes section. I decided to make the different segments stand out more by titling all of them and underlining/boldfacing the titles.

Yar!

And now I nap. Because I slept all evening yesterday (missing out on tons and tons of b/p, of course), and now I can grab some sleep prior to noon and try to fix my sleep schedule. Plus, it's the first SNL tonight that I've been interested in seeing since... well, 2004, I guess.... Tom Brady hosting, Beck musical guesting. FASCINATING COMBO!

So... yeah. Please to be enjoying list update, peoples. My topic catching up will have to wait for a later day, as my BBS energy cells are depleted and require charging...

Good day and good weekend to all, I shall return... (eventually).

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-16 12:02:41

At 4/16/05 10:43 AM, gfoxcook wrote: BEH! I can't resist. :::Deleting old post, posting new reply + old reply together:::: And !

So... yeah. Please to be enjoying list update, peoples. My topic catching up will have to wait for a later day, as my BBS energy cells are depleted and require charging...

Good day and good weekend to all, I shall return... (eventually).

Resistance is futile.
I did enjoy the update.
I hope you enjoyed your nap.
I chilled out for a while yesterday.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-16 12:44:29

At 4/5/05 07:12 AM, schneelocke wrote: Mmmm... it's 2x10k nowadays? Darn, just as I was getting close to 10k blams. Now I'll have to wait for 10k saves to appear on the list (considering I neither post nor review much at all), which will probably take another 1,5 years or so to accomplish. x.x
It's been 2x10k for about a month now, yes. 5 updates, in fact. So yeah, a month. Sorry about your closeness to 10k blams, but I hope it will at least give you motivation to get those saves up as well. And hell, you can always wait for 10k exp if you can't post or review or save much, right?

Heh, yeah, but 10K XP is going to take ages - I need more than two years until I'll get there. Considering I currently have 2110 XP but 2981 saves, I'd say it's more likely that I'll get double-listed for saves first (an ad hoc extrapolation says it'll take around 490 days for me to achieve 10K saves, but that number should be taken with a grain of salt at least).

Thanks to you pentalist fannet clickers, we've arrived at abnormally-early-morning list update time with a 16 in / 21 out score on the fannet list (compared to 17 in / 30 out last Saturday)!

Does the fannet count more than one click if it comes from the same IP? I.e., if (for example) I check the list, click, and then come back six hours later to check it again (for whatever reason) and click again, do you get two clicks counted?

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-17 23:31:44

At 4/16/05 12:02 PM, ramagi wrote: Resistance is futile.
I did enjoy the update.

That was quite poetic!
I thank you for your kind words.
My nap was indeed nice.
How went your chilling out?

At 4/16/05 12:44 PM, schneelocke wrote: Heh, yeah, but 10K XP is going to take ages - I need more than two years until I'll get there. Considering I currently have 2110 XP but 2981 saves, I'd say it's more likely that I'll get double-listed for saves first (an ad hoc extrapolation says it'll take around 490 days for me to achieve 10K saves, but that number should be taken with a grain of salt at least).

10k exp takes the same amount of days for everyone (unlike reaching certain exp levels, which keep getting further and further apart), so... the only reason to complain is if you're missing deposits. Sure, it'll take more than two years, but is that really that long a time? Seems like just yesterday that I had 950 exp (back in December of 2002, when I finally started depositing every day and then b/ping in January 2003).

Anyway, your estimation for 10k saves does indeed sound sooner... so just hope that the portal ends up having more saves than usual during the times you're b/ping... and you should be set! #;-}>

Does the fannet count more than one click if it comes from the same IP? I.e., if (for example) I check the list, click, and then come back six hours later to check it again (for whatever reason) and click again, do you get two clicks counted?

Once per day. So your six-hours-apart clicks would BOTH count if the first one was at 9 PM ET and the second one was at 3 AM ET, but only one would count if the first one was at noon and the second one was at 6 PM ET. #;-}>

IOW, 7 clicks per IP per week. Which is why, up until I finally decided to request some help in this topic two weeks ago, I was ending up with 7 in / 7 out scores due to my own self being the only fannet voter for the pentalist. That is no longer the case, and I shall continue to thank my patrons for their support. :::nods vigorously:::

At 4/16/05 12:58 PM, BonusStage wrote: A skin flute ... i mean nothing as usual :)

... So... which tunes do you know how to play? o_O

( well that was the placing i saw it at when i clicked on it the like 3 times i do every time an update comes up silly goose :P

If you're clicking three times on the same NG day from the same IP, you're wasting the 2nd and 3rd ones (see above reply to schneelocke). ;_; And like I also said, clicking on Saturdays is pretty much a waste, so wait until Sunday or so to click. I'll try to help that out more by updating the list in the evenings more often.

( for the amount of time i've spent on NG i still know not a lot haha, i never knew how the fannet worked, bad bonus *omg cries*

Heh. If the fannet didn't reset every week, some people would have 100,000+ fannet clicks. It would be the most popular statlist on NG, much moreso than exp or b/p. #;-}>

As it is, it's already kinda the fill-in for the top 50 popularity list that died 1.5 years ago.

HAHA yeah and then i could go and make horribly short reviews like ~X~ and get to 10,000 reviews XD or just wait a LONG LONG time to get to 10,000 XP

Long time maybe... but far less pain and effort than 10,000 reviews (even short ones) would take.

Of course i did, don't believe i was mentioned since posts and saves are in 8000's and 7000's respectively but once one breaks 9000 MAKE SURE TO ADD ME to those "close, but no you're not cool enough yet" mentions you make ;D MUAHAHA

Yes yes, you will be mentioned once you're getting close, silly. I only mention people who are above 9500 or are above say 9000 and moving upwards fast in a stat like blams or saves, though. So... yeah. Get moving quickly and you'll be mentioned sooner (and make the list sooner, too!). #;-}>

Also... you said "once one breaks 9000." Do you really think that your lower savecount is going to catch and pass your postcount anytime soon (as in... before your postcount hits 10,000)? Or even has a CHANCE to? O_o

I noticed how small the notes are :(, and did the previous update ... thing at the bottom look like that last time, because it was rather spiffy :o

Others... perhaps Denvish, SK, jonthomson, Dogma... one or more of them, I can't remember exactly... once complained that some of the text on my page was too small with their settings (back in January when the web pentalist was brand new). I made a couple of changes to how I did the fontsizes and so forth and I think it improved the readability for whoever had the problem. I'm sorry to hear it's still too small for you, but it's big on my display (I use a default of fontsize+1) already, and if I don't "-1" the size of the list notes text.... it'll be ugly as hell for me and any other people viewing it as large as I do.

To get the site in the glorious sizes that its creator intended, you should up your fontsize by one notch temporarily just to view the site (ctrl-mousewheel or find the option in the browser menu).

Did the previous update thing at the bottom? You mean the table with all of the previous updates? That's called the Archives section, man. Heh. #;-}> And yes, it's looked like that since Mark I. It's just growing bigger and bigger with each update, and it does indeed look quite nifty nowadays.

Yar!
kthxbai

[AOL]Goodbye![/AOL]

:::shuts down for a few days at teh 8181 postcount:::

OUTIE FIFTY-THOUSAND, BABYCAKE MOFOS!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-17 23:40:38

At 4/17/05 11:31 PM, gfoxcook wrote: That was quite poetic!
My nap was indeed nice.

Your verse I must protest,
It isn't quite the best.
Just take a little time,
And try to make it rhyme.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-18 05:38:39

Nice list updates on the website GFOX, im glad its still going and glad you still make us one thanks...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-18 10:22:45

(thanks for the thanks and you're quite welcome, X... but you don't have to JUST thank me for continuing to update the pentalist each and every weekend, man! Why not comment some on what's going on with your spot on the list, how the points are coming in, things like that? Or talk about what you think about any new members (X-Naut last week, Denvish this week), or so forth? Or help me out with the fannet clicking and say how the list is doing on it?... Just trying to give you some ideas for starting up conversations in here so you don't feel like you just have to come in and say "thanks for the lists, gfox!" every single week. When you just drop by to do that, it looks like I'm paying you to thank me each and every week or something. That it's some chore. And you say it on RG as well! #;-}>)

At 4/17/05 11:40 PM, ShittyKitty wrote:
At 4/17/05 11:31 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 4/16/05 12:02 PM, ramagi wrote: Resistance is futile.
I did enjoy the update.
That was quite poetic!
My nap was indeed nice.
Your verse I must protest,
It isn't quite the best.
Just take a little time,
And try to make it rhyme.

I was responding in kind...
To ramagi's lack of rhyme!
You silly-silly shitty kitty:
Poems need not rhyme to be pretty!

Take for example the Haiku:
The best form known to me or you.
It needs not one rhyming line
And you know it does just fine.

(happy now, mofo?)

... Bah, screw making you happy, you non-EnglishLit major! What knows you of poesy?!? 5-7-5 HAIKU BLAST!!!!! (boom)

Teh Shat Kat complains
That a poem did not rhyme
I say to him: SO?

(more non-rhyming poetry! TAKE THAT! #;-}>)

gfoxCLOCK // wi/ht? BLOWS // 2x10k SUCKList (whatever, tl;dr) // Baha-MAN's List!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-18 10:36:12

At 4/18/05 10:22 AM, gfoxclock wrote: ... Bah, screw making you happy, you non-EnglishLit major! What knows you of poesy?!? 5-7-5 HAIKU BLAST!!!!! (boom)

Teh Shat Kat complains

(more non-rhyming poetry! TAKE THAT! #;-}>)

Umm....aren't haikus supposed to be nature-based? :-P

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-04-18 10:56:39

damnit, stop baiting me to reply to your hilarity on a non-gfoxcook-posting day! I BE GONE AFTER THIS ONE, YO! #;-}>

At 4/18/05 10:36 AM, ShittyKitty wrote:
At 4/18/05 10:22 AM, gfoxclock wrote: Teh Shat Kat complains
Umm....aren't haikus supposed to be nature-based? :-P

!!!

That haiku contained mentions of a cat AND of shit. Both of which are found in nature.

EAT IT!

.... THE TRUTH, that is. o_o

BBS Signature