00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters

94,227 Views | 631 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-06 10:51:31

How do I make vampire teeth?

well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god

Follow me on twitter :3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-06 12:00:13

At 9/6/08 02:06 AM, Fremen wrote: Does anyone use Fireworks?

Other than Magic Wand, I want to be able to use filters the way that they can be used in Photoshop.

I feel severely limited by this program...

Heinrich was an avid user of Adobe Fireworks CS3 until switching to Photoshop CS3 Extended. He was quite adept with the program and I'm sure he'd be able to answer any questions about it.

At 9/6/08 10:51 AM, Sk8erGirl14 wrote: How do I make vampire teeth?

That is a simple matter of cut, paste and blend or just stretching and skewing. A few touch-up and what not aside, it's relatively simple. However, a slightly less blurry photo to work with would be much less of a hassle.

Since it's Saturday, I wanted to try to knock out another idea or two for this weeks movie theme before it's over.

"Look, Batman, the Fab signal!"

"Quickly Robin, to the Mazda Miata."

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-06 13:57:05

At 9/6/08 01:41 PM, Heinrich wrote:
At 9/6/08 02:06 AM, Fremen wrote: Does anyone use Fireworks?

Other than Magic Wand, I want to be able to use filters the way that they can be used in Photoshop.

I feel severely limited by this program...
I'm a former FireWorks user and yes, there is a lot of filter limitation.

However, You could buy/download extensions that have filters and can attach it to your Fireworks.

http://speckyboy.com/2008/08/28/75-power ful-adobe-fireworks-extensions-it-really -can-be-as-great-as-photoshop/

Oh wow, I never noticed you could get fireworks filters.
But, yes I have worked with fireworks for about two years until getting my tablet and recieving a free version of Photoshop Elements 5.0, which I'm using more becaues of the healing brush.

I still use fireworks for quick edits.

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-06 20:25:52

Messing around with PS, and made a sig type deal. Not very good, I think I'm gonna go watch over 9000 tutorials.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-07 00:15:36

Here is a photoshop I worked for quite a long time. It was a photoshop of Skitty, its not the best, but I tried. And again, I basically added no filters in this one, just coloring and liquifying. The three yellows balls are resized flowers, the tail a furry ball, and the tail lines are thread.

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-07 04:05:19

My attempt at a planet. I thought it turned out quite nice but criticism is up to you.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-07 04:22:42

At 9/6/08 11:56 PM, Heinrich wrote: We announced the winners. For third place, we decided that Kart-Man should win by default and two other entries could have better effort to it. It was not an easy decision

"Default," lawl.

Perhaps a gentler explanation is that as the judges of these friendly little competitions we decided that in all fairness we cannot vote for ourselves, we don't want to look like we're stacking the odds in our favor. We had an unspoken rule to remain very impartial.

However, this time around we (Heinrich and I) felt that Kart-Man had, by comparison, done an exceptional job in his entry that it deserved recognition, so we awarded him the bronze in the least for creativity and originality. Like Heinrich said, it was not an easy decision to make.

So thanks to all who participated and don't be discouraged. Better luck next time.

At 9/7/08 12:13 AM, Heinrich wrote: http://www.bspcn.com/2008/08/29/75-adobe -fireworks-extensions-it-is-better-than-
photoshop/

Above is a link to extensions for Adobe Fireworks that are available for download. The article claims that these downloads can make Fireworks just as good as Adobe Photoshop.

NEVER!!!! These claims are unfounded! I reject your heathen reality and replace it with my own.

If you want to make Photoshop approximately 1,000 time more awesome (than Elements or Fireworks will EVER be >:D ), follow the below link. It's got a ton of brushes (375!) all absolutely FREE to download, that can instantly add more zazz to any graphic design and have a million other uses. I've had the fantastic "Abstract 7" set of brushes for a while now, and I highly recommend getting them to anyone. I just found out they now have an "Abstract 8" set out and let me tell you, they are like fried gold.

These all require a certain minimum version of Photoshop, so read the software requirements before trying to install:

http://www.brownbaron.com/blog/2007/10/0 4/375-free-photoshop-brushes/

This next page is also chock full of Photoshop add-ons that are available for FREE download. Again, most require a different minimum version of Photoshop, so check the software requirements before downloading. There are some very nice Action programs, such as a Comic and Marble Text Maker (really cool). Just make sure you read up on how to use action programs first if you are unfamiliar with them. Once activated in Photoshop, they will usually guide you step-by-step:

http://www.brownbaron.com/blog/2008/01/1 6/35-free-photoshop-actions/

These add-ons download fast and easy, and are even easier to install. Just cut and paste the compressed file into the appropriate Photoshop subfolder and presto, instant free upgrades. You can't beat that shit with a stick.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-07 14:12:25

At 9/6/08 01:41 PM, Heinrich wrote: I'm a former FireWorks user and yes, there is a lot of filter limitation.

However, You could buy/download extensions that have filters and can attach it to your Fireworks.

Sweet. I looked into extensions before, but that was mostly so I could get more patterns and built-in designs that I could use.

http://speckyboy.com/2008/08/28/75-power ful-adobe-fireworks-extensions-it-really -can-be-as-great-as-photoshop/

Thanks!

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-08 08:09:30

Oh wow cool!
Silver again!
Thanks everyone!

At 9/8/08 12:43 AM, Lady-Stardust wrote: See more at my Deviantart page here

I love your style. It looks awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-08 11:40:40

At 9/7/08 04:05 AM, Officer wrote: My attempt at a planet. I thought it turned out quite nice but criticism is up to you.

That came out great. Very crisp and clear. The little intricacies on the planet surface are my favorite part. And the use of lens flare for simulated sun peaking is spot on.

At 9/8/08 12:43 AM, Lady-Stardust wrote: See more at my Deviantart page here

I was checking out her stuff, there's really some great work in that gallery. I was especially drawn to the one titled "Wonderland." It has a very dark and gothic feel to it like deranged children's story.

Lately I've just been boning up on the latest tutorials and techniques out there, and messing with a few new features I happened upon while looking for more add-ons. It had been a while (too long apparently) since I went add-on hunting and I came up with a few goodies that I'm real excited about, namely a new set of brushes that I didn't even realize had been released already. For a while now I've had a few sets of abstract art brushes that I'm crazy about, I believe I linked to where to get them in my last post here, but shortly after I came across a link for the latest set in that series, the Abstract IX Brush set.

Abstract brushes are amazing on their own but are also incredibly versatile for creating certain designs and effects without a load of hassle (unlike the Pen tool, bollocks to that thing sometimes :P)
My favorite effect with them is probably creating ice effects, but recently I've been practicing more with lighting and shine-through effects.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-08 22:23:15

So...

What's the next contest?

I'm gonna kill this one. Last time I got kinda lazy and didn't really focus on photoshopping, but just making a cool poster. This time I'll actually make more stuff, instead of copy>paste>filter.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-09 12:54:17

At 9/8/08 10:23 PM, Fremen wrote: So...

What's the next contest?

I'm gonna kill this one. Last time I got kinda lazy and didn't really focus on photoshopping, but just making a cool poster. This time I'll actually make more stuff, instead of copy>paste>filter.

No contest this week. We had one particular theme in mind, but after careful consideration we figured it would either be in bad taste or just plain not go so well. So check back this weekend for the announcement of the next competition theme. I hope you tear it up this time ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-09 18:12:32

At 9/6/08 11:56 PM, Heinrich wrote: We announced the winners.

Awesome guys, thanks for naming me the winner. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-09 19:46:21

At 9/9/08 06:12 PM, Purpin wrote:
At 9/6/08 11:56 PM, Heinrich wrote: We announced the winners.
Awesome guys, thanks for naming me the winner. :D

Wow...

I totally missed that one. It's pretty sick.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-10 15:00:22

I've been messing around with brushes, and made a background. Check it yo.

I'm getting pretty decent with them I think, maybe I'll get jamoke to send me some more brushes. :D
Hi-res

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-10 15:10:19

Just stumbled upon this thread, it seems pretty good. I have a competition suggestion, and that is Album art/CD Covers. Here's my go:

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-10 15:12:36

Sorry guise, misread the rules post. I'm an idiot, I know.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-10 16:18:33

...and for a triple post here's some shopped BBR.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-10 17:32:57

At 9/10/08 04:18 PM, Ryuzaki1 wrote: ...and for a triple post here's some shopped BBR.

I miss him, thanks for reviving my sadness.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-10 21:41:02

At 9/4/08 09:32 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote:
At 9/4/08 08:38 PM, americanidiot2f wrote: Well I took some time, and from inspiration from those pokemon photoshops, I made this.

Since I haven't really practiced at photoshop filters, I'm basically doing filters at random. The basepics were hard to get though, I had to get one for the shell, legs, tail, and the head is made out of two snake heads.
You can do better than me. I rely on filter rather than use base pictures. For you it seems the opposite. I'll have a go at real pokemon images tomorrow.

http://webtutorialsonline.com/read_tutor ial/23/
Also this is a planet tutorial I found when looking for a different way of making planets. So I use my own method of making stars plus some of the guides, THEJamoke's fantastic nebulas, and the tutorials planet I came up with this. I suspect there's some huge mistake in it somewhere as it's like 2am. I did make two nebulas but it just didn't fit in with the other.

I wish there was more you can do with space. It's a very empty place really. All you can do is make a planet, stars, nebula and maybe the odd cheeky moon. Anything else is really for show such as uncommon space...things. And I just noticed in my nebula there is a face....

That tutorial derailed my day completely. I was going to do laundry and dishes and clean up my room, but I was just browsing through here and saw your link.

4 hours later.

Oh well, it was so much fun. I know how to manipulate layers so much better now.

So, this is my way of saying thanks :)

I call it "2nd Sun" after Jupiter.

!NG Birthday List! :3 Current Count: 151 <3|||HELLO OPERATOR!|||Greatest Thread Ever!

Formerly, and still,Rahvin-the-vampire. Thanks Valjylmyr :)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-11 09:00:32

Does anyone know how to achieve this effect?
It's probably very easy but I'm not sure which filter will make it look like this.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-11 09:28:51

At 9/11/08 09:00 AM, Whirlguy wrote: Does anyone know how to achieve this effect?
It's probably very easy but I'm not sure which filter will make it look like this.

If you're in Photoshop it's Radial Blur.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-11 10:35:26

At 9/11/08 09:28 AM, Ryuzaki1 wrote:
At 9/11/08 09:00 AM, Whirlguy wrote: Does anyone know how to achieve this effect?
If you're in Photoshop it's Radial Blur.

Oh haha, I missed it just like that! I checked it out before and noticed it had some circular blur, but it has a zoomblur aswel. Thanks:P

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-12 01:02:24

I shopped this picture and thought I'd share it with you guys.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-13 19:02:56

I've putted some staff members together!

Foolish are those who fear nothing, yet claim to know everything..

Brawl FC: 0903 - 4175 - 3638

Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters because I love Photoshop =3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-14 09:11:53

I made this 'dreamy' wallpaper

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-14 11:26:48

I made some Orbs

Seriously, I love this program :o

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-14 20:22:21

At 9/13/08 07:02 PM, Nikenick wrote: I've putted some staff members together!

Whoah I love the design on this one. It could use some work on the faces though.
The other 2 photoshops look pretty cool!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-15 09:13:51

Oh snap sorry guys, been under fire with school work and stuff for the last few weeks, haven't checked around much. I'll actually participate in the ext competition.

I am gay for three men. Three Sexy, Handsome, Boneriffic young men.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-15 15:42:57

At 9/14/08 08:22 PM, Whirlguy wrote:
At 9/13/08 07:02 PM, Nikenick wrote: I've putted some staff members together!
Whoah I love the design on this one. It could use some work on the faces though.
The other 2 photoshops look pretty cool!

Yeah I could have done some more work on the faces, but it's hard to get around the glasses or Stamper and Liljim, I was afraid that I'd erase some parts.

Yet another 'dreamy' pic, I combined the orbs with the twist function and I think it looks pretty cool!

BBS Signature