00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters

94,213 Views | 631 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-24 21:42:52

I was invited here, and thought I'd post a photoshop or two-hundred here.

This one was made a while ago, but I still think it's funny.

Me at: FA | Telegram

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-24 21:48:47

At 8/24/08 09:34 PM, Sk8erGirl14 wrote:
At 8/24/08 08:31 PM, THEJamoke wrote:
At 8/24/08 04:13 PM, Sk8erGirl14 wrote: Oh hey look I made lightning.. (sort of) .. not bad for the first day of using paint.net.

Any point outs on how i can make it look more realistic?
I'm not all that familiar with Paint.net, but I do have some experience with lightning effects in PS. With PS it's quite simple to adjust the image. In case there are any similarities between the two methods, or if anyone with Photoshop is also curious, I'll post what I know anyway.

- (In PS) go to Image > Adjustments > Levels (Ctrl + L) and play with the lighting to sharpen or blur the color tones of the lightning to the disired effect. This will make the white of the lightning stand out and make it more realistic.
- You can also Change the colors with Image > Adjustments > Color Balance (Ctrl + B)
or
- Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation (Ctrl + U)
Oh awesome. I got the lightning to look more realistic...
...but I couldn't quite understand Marsupial's method to darken the background... sorry, but remember I'm very new to this and it doesn't help that you use a different program :/

Anyway, pic:

well yeah thats basically what i meant, more black around the outsides, it looks better now but i recommend you at least get a trial of photoshop, i can assure you will get better results than with paint.net lmao.

and TheJamoke, i guess its ok to have another thread but remember the one in the art forum had an advantage cos we could post bigger pictures ;)
but whatever you probably put more effort into this than i did in mine so im gonna keep posting here.

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-24 22:10:57

At 8/24/08 09:48 PM, Marsupial wrote:
At 8/24/08 09:34 PM, Sk8erGirl14 wrote:
At 8/24/08 08:31 PM, THEJamoke wrote:
At 8/24/08 04:13 PM, Sk8erGirl14 wrote: Oh hey look I made lightning.. (sort of) .. not bad for the first day of using paint.net.

Any point outs on how i can make it look more realistic?
I'm not all that familiar with Paint.net, but I do have some experience with lightning effects in PS. With PS it's quite simple to adjust the image. In case there are any similarities between the two methods, or if anyone with Photoshop is also curious, I'll post what I know anyway.

- (In PS) go to Image > Adjustments > Levels (Ctrl + L) and play with the lighting to sharpen or blur the color tones of the lightning to the disired effect. This will make the white of the lightning stand out and make it more realistic.
- You can also Change the colors with Image > Adjustments > Color Balance (Ctrl + B)
or
- Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation (Ctrl + U)
Oh awesome. I got the lightning to look more realistic...
...but I couldn't quite understand Marsupial's method to darken the background... sorry, but remember I'm very new to this and it doesn't help that you use a different program :/

Anyway, pic:
well yeah thats basically what i meant, more black around the outsides, it looks better now but i recommend you at least get a trial of photoshop, i can assure you will get better results than with paint.net lmao.

Cool, I'll get the trial once I come home from school tomorrow.
...It's 30 days if I'm not mistaken, right?
Well hmmm.. I'll mess with it for those 30 days and then see if some of the things you can do some things using PS with paint.net as well..

Lucky college people, get discounts from everything :P

well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god

Follow me on twitter :3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-24 22:16:15

Wow can't believe no-one had this idea until now, I'm reasonably new to photoshop and just mess around making banners and user page layouts for people. My favourite piece I've done so far is a banner for Lilcheeselad. It was definitely the oddest request ever.

"Flying cats, rainbows and sparkles."

I'm trying to get to grips with drawing in photoshop mainly drawing in flash, because you can get much more detail and texture in photoshop.

I am gay for three men. Three Sexy, Handsome, Boneriffic young men.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-24 22:34:46

At 8/24/08 09:34 PM, Sk8erGirl14 wrote: Oh awesome. I got the lightning to look more realistic...

Anyway, pic:

Looks like it worked. I see improvement.

At 8/24/08 09:42 PM, Sunglasses wrote: I was invited here, and thought I'd post a photoshop or two-hundred here.

You certainly were. We're more than happy to have the legend that is Sunglasses back.

This one was made a while ago, but I still think it's funny.

Ha, I recognize a BBR base pic when I see it. Nice.

At 8/24/08 09:48 PM, Marsupial wrote: and TheJamoke, i guess its ok to have another thread but remember the one in the art forum had an advantage cos we could post bigger pictures ;)
but whatever you probably put more effort into this than i did in mine so im gonna keep posting here.

We were advised to put this in the C&C forum. It seems a more fitting place anyway. AF also has the rule stating a thread must start with a pic or it dies instantly.

As for the smaller file size limitation, we can deal with that. We've been making shops to go in General for a long time and the 150k limit never became an issue. We should be able to get by just fine.

At 8/24/08 10:16 PM, Scuzzfest wrote: "Flying cats, rainbows and sparkles."

I'm trying to get to grips with drawing in photoshop mainly drawing in flash, because you can get much more detail and texture in photoshop.

Yes, and it's very detailed. One comment though, you should try spacing the cats out a little further, it just looks a bit crowded with them clustered together like that. Try to space your subjects so that the details of each one are distinguishable and accent those of the next at the same time.

The electricity in my house just flickered off and on and restarted my computer (*shakes fist towards the heavens, cursing*) I was literally 2 minutes away from completing my shop for the contest. I have to start all over again. I'll be posting it soon.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-24 22:36:07

Thanks for the feedback, I'll submit at least one photoshopped image a day to keep improving.
Here is one I did a long time ago, there was a thread and I thought the guy looked similar to Heinrich, so I made this.

Done in fireworks, just a quick photoshop.

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-24 22:37:16

At 8/24/08 10:34 PM, THEJamoke wrote: Yes, and it's very detailed. One comment though, you should try spacing the cats out a little further, it just looks a bit crowded with them clustered together like that. Try to space your subjects so that the details of each one are distinguishable and accent those of the next at the same time.

Yeah I would of done that but I wasn't going for a whole image originally, it was just meant for a header so it would look like this.

Budda bing budda boom.

Sleep now it's 3am in the UK.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-24 23:38:01

At 8/24/08 02:44 PM, Heinrich wrote: Here we are at the first Photoshop Competition. This week's theme is Revolution.

Ill get in on the next one.

- Sig provided by ME of the NGSM

- If you try to stay high, your bound to stay low. -

- If I make you a sig, please credit me here -

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-24 23:39:02

At 8/24/08 10:36 PM, americanidiot2f wrote: Thanks for the feedback, I'll submit at least one photoshopped image a day to keep improving.
Here is one I did a long time ago, there was a thread and I thought the guy looked similar to Heinrich, so I made this.

Done in fireworks, just a quick photoshop.

Heinrich's Plumbing photoshop thread is probably one of the best there is. Mucho talent in that one, mostly from Hein himself.

One quick tip though, whenever importing a new layer, always try removing the rough edges by going to Layer> Matting > Defringe. It can smooth out the image greatly and make it blend better without using the eraser to get rid of those annoying pixels.

At 8/24/08 10:37 PM, Scuzzfest wrote: Yeah I would of done that but I wasn't going for a whole image originally, it was just meant for a header so it would look like this.

Even though it's the same image, now that it's cropped it looks much better. Getting rid of all the negative space really makes it work (that is, if you like kitty sigs :P) Now that I see finished product, I retract my previous statement. It's fine as is.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-24 23:53:08

Photoshop Competition: Revolution

"...and so, it begins. None shall be spared."

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-25 01:55:52

At 8/24/08 01:17 AM, americanidiot2f wrote: Oh and, anyone is welcomed to PM me if they need help operating Fireworks, since thats the program I use, specifically Fireworks 8.

I use Fireworks 8, and you are the only other person I've ever seen on NG who also uses it.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-25 08:38:04

Haha I know where to find my images Jamoke, but thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-25 14:04:33

How many images is one person allowed to enter in this contest?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-25 14:59:35

At 8/25/08 02:31 PM, Heinrich wrote: I revised the rules a bit and placed it on this picture.

BEHOLD: The five competition commandments!

Aww Damn, I started before you posted the rules. Oh well I'm gonna post it anyway because I spent quite a bit of time on it.

Forget revolution. Candeh!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-25 15:14:48

At 8/25/08 02:59 PM, Scuzzfest wrote: Aww Damn, I started before you posted the rules. Oh well I'm gonna post it anyway because I spent quite a bit of time on it.

Forget revolution. Candeh!

Aww Damn, I started before you posted your image. Oh well I'm gonna post it anyway because I spent quite a bit of time on it.

Forget Che guevara. Whirlguy!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-25 15:57:52

At 8/25/08 03:14 PM, Whirlguy wrote: Aww Damn, I started before you posted your image. Oh well I'm gonna post it anyway because I spent quite a bit of time on it.

Forget Che guevara. Whirlguy

Nice. We should probably post WIP: insert idea first then start work. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-25 16:13:11

hahaha, I'm really liking the competition entries so far. I like how we all seem to agree that nothing says "Revolution" quite like red backgrounds and/or black-and-white layer-filtered faces. Truly propaganda that conveys a state of fear. Thanks to everyone who's entered thus far, and to Heinrich for creating the "Official Rules Plaque," it fits nicely.

Scuzzfest, even though I hate memes with a violent passion, especially the dead horse that is Bedn, I have to be honest and say that you gave it a very creative spin. I assure you it will be judged fairly alongside the rest despite it being contrary to the given guidelines. I understand that you began working on it while being bereft of the "rules" (and I use the term loosely. I never liked the word "rules," it always seem a bit too foreboding.) I especially like the Che Guevara motif.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-25 16:42:02

nice enries so far. I like Scuzzfests the most i think. ill do mine when my main computer is fixed.

ive been transferring a simple tutorial i made once into flash and i was wondering if anyone would be interested in making a broader tutorial based around photoshop with. this is open everyone with som amouunts ok experience. and it could be more than one person of course.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-25 16:43:55

nice entries so far. I like Scuzzfests the most i think. ill do mine when my main computer is fixed.

Ive been transferring a simple tutorial i made once into flash and i was wondering if anyone would be interested in making a broader tutorial based around photoshop with me. this is open to everyone with some amounts of experience. and it could be more than one person of course.

sorry, there were a lot of typos there so i had to fix them

i hate this laptop

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-25 17:30:24

Revolution Contest Entry:

It took a little time to get the brothers just right, but here's one of my favorite quotes from the Boondock Saints.

I chose the part of the courtroom speech that I thought exemplified the revolution going on at the end of the movie the best.

I also did the same fading border effect that I have on my sig. I like the way that looks.

All in all this took me like 20 minutes.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-25 18:13:22

At 8/25/08 03:57 PM, Scuzzfest wrote: Nice. We should probably post WIP: insert idea first then start work. :D

Heheh, nah. I don't think that's needed :P
Nice photoshop btw man.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-25 20:45:48

At 8/25/08 06:13 PM, Whirlguy wrote:
At 8/25/08 03:57 PM, Scuzzfest wrote: Nice. We should probably post WIP: insert idea first then start work. :D
Heheh, nah. I don't think that's needed :P
Nice photoshop btw man.

Thanks yours to, I always liked how I've seen you twist the base pic completely, Like in that "mspaint to save his life" thread, You twisted it so they were ice skaters. That was awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-25 23:02:12

Made another revolutionary picture with I.M. Pei because I was bored.

Might post a tutorial on how to do this very soon.

postcount +=1;

Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters || Don't use MS Paint! Use Aviary!

SING US A SING YOU'RE THE PIANO MAN

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-26 03:03:06

At 8/25/08 11:02 PM, Kart-Man wrote: Made another revolutionary picture with I.M. Pei because I was bored.

Don't you just take his profile, turn the contrast up all the way and make it black and white? Then you replace the white with red, right?

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-26 08:06:27

At 8/25/08 08:45 PM, Scuzzfest wrote: Thanks yours to, I always liked how I've seen you twist the base pic completely, Like in that "mspaint to save his life" thread, You twisted it so they were ice skaters. That was awesome.

Thanks alot man, I appreciate it =D

At 8/26/08 03:03 AM, Fremen wrote: Don't you just take his profile, turn the contrast up all the way and make it black and white? Then you replace the white with red, right?

I myself used a brush and added a little black and white to the original to make it a more solid contrast. I used the threshold after that.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-26 08:47:17

At 8/26/08 08:06 AM, Whirlguy wrote: I myself used a brush and added a little black and white to the original to make it a more solid contrast. I used the threshold after that.

Oh and yeah, I've been using the contrast aswell now that I think about it. First I put up the contrast, then adjust with brushes. Then Threshold.

And I've decided to clean up my image after that. So here it is again.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-26 20:41:26

At 8/26/08 03:03 AM, Fremen wrote:
At 8/25/08 11:02 PM, Kart-Man wrote: Made another revolutionary picture with I.M. Pei because I was bored.
Don't you just take his profile, turn the contrast up all the way and make it black and white? Then you replace the white with red, right?

If you want it to be non-pixelated and smooth, then it takes more than that! ;P

posting tut in minute

postcount +=1;

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-26 20:43:27

TUTORIAL: How to make a monochrome pic a la Che Guevara
You know the timeless portrait of Che Guevara, the famous guerrilla leader and revolutionary? Well, I guess it's time we superimposed someone over top of him.

You can either take the already-stylized picture of Che off the Internet (like this one), or do it yourself with the original black-and-white photo. I'll start off with the original picture for the sake of this tutorial.

USE THIS PICTURE AND FOLLOW ALONG:

1) Paste the black-and-white photo of Che into a new Photoshop document. You might want to duplicate the layer it's on (Ctrl + J) and work with the duplicate in case you make a mistake.

2) Go to Filter > Artistic > Cutout. There, adjust the settings to below:
Number of Levels: 2
Edge Simplicity: 3
Edge Fidelity: 3

3) Go to Enhance > Adjust LIghting > Levels (or press Ctrl + L). The Levels dialog box should pop up. In the Input Levels box, drag the black and white slider to the middle. This gets rid of all of the gray so that the image will be fully rendered in black-and-white.

4) Go to Filter > Artistic > Paint Daubs, and, depending on your image, choose something similar to these settings:
Brush Size: 8
Sharpness: 0
Brush Type: Simple

6) To smooth the edges further, go to Filter > Artistic > Palette Knife, and choose something similar to these settings:
Stroke Size: 5
Stroke Detail: 3;
Softness: 5

We now have our very own Che Guevara monochrome from scratch! Now, time to pick a suitable face.

7) Go onto Google and search for the face that you want to go over top of Che's. Make sure that he/she is facing the camera as directly as possible. Go and paste this into the current document you have of Che.

8) Use whatever tools necessary to cut out the face -- the Magic Wand, Eraser, and Magic Eraser tools all are options. When finished, press Ctrl + Shift + U to desaturate the image.

Now repeat steps 1-6 again, but with the face this time.

If you find that the image is too dark, use the Dodge Tool (O) to brighten up dark spots. Ideal areas to use the dodge tool are the cheeks, lips, the tip of the nose, and the forehead. If it is still too dark, use Levels and enhance the lights of the image somewhat by dragging the white slider a bit to the left.

9) Make a new layer by pressing the 'New Layer' button or by hitting Ctrl + Shift + N. Make the entire layer red by using the Paint Bucket tool (K). Drag this red layer down to the very bottom of the Layers panel (if you don't have it open, go to Window and check 'Layers'.

10) On the 'Che' Layer, erase the eyes, nose, and mouth of Che Guevara. Keep any shadows on the face.

11) Change the blending modes of the face and Che to "Multiply".

12) FINISH!

added pic to highlight steps. Hope I didn't leave out anything! :)

postcount +=1;

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-26 21:47:33

At 8/26/08 08:43 PM, Kart-Man wrote: TUTORIAL: How to make a monochrome pic a la Che Guevara
You know the timeless portrait of Che Guevara, the famous guerrilla leader and revolutionary? Well, I guess it's time we superimposed someone over top of him.

Ok, that's pretty cool.

I usually don't do a lot of intense stuff like that since Fireworks is a bit less powerful than Photoshop.

The one advantage that Fireworks does have though, is that it works inside of Dreamweaver and Flash.

If anyone wants to know more about how that works, ask me, cuz I used it a lot for my website.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-08-27 05:54:57

That's a great tutorial Kart-Man!

BBS Signature