00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cinema Club

433,492 Views | 5,739 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-07 11:18:39

I went to see the rerelease of Back to the Future today, and caught the trailer for The Social Network.

Looks a hell of a lot more interesting than I imagined. Might go see that at some point.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-07 13:56:56

I saw the Simpsons Movie once. That was enough for me. I love the show up until about 2000, 2001, or so, but now, eeeeh...

At 10/5/10 04:30 AM, Jolly wrote: Movies I've recently added too Netflix Queue:
Slumdog Millionaire

good

The Truman Show

good

Batman Begins

awesome, though the Dark Knight is even better

Click

some parts made me laugh. It got sad near the end, though.

At 10/3/10 10:50 AM, Mijb wrote: Hello!

Here are a few of my favorite films
Trainspotting

favorite of mine

This is England

been sitting on my dvr. still haven't watched.

Blazing Saddles
Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance

I enjoyed these, also

Oldboy

another favorite of mine, though I hated the ending

The Host
Borat
Pulp Fiction

liked all of these, too

Lost in Translation

didn't care for it

Donnie Darko

good movie

Gummo

only saw part of it. didn't keep my attention, though I heard it has some music by Sleep in it, which is an awesome band.

Battle Royale
American Psycho

loved both of these

No Country for Old Men

another favorite of mine

The Story of Ricky

lol oh man

Matchstick Men

wa alright

Kung Fu Hustle

love this movie very much

Shaolin Soccer

been meaning to see

Saving Private Ryan

one of my favorite war movies

High Tension

thought it was dumb, but still fun to watch

In Bruges

also good

Gran Torino

liked this too

A Clockwork Orange
Leon: The Professional
Goodfellas

loooooove these movies to death

Memories of Murder

was alright

Full Metal Jacket

another one of my favorite war movies

eXistenZ

that one was interesting

Moon
The Usual Suspects

been meaning to watch these

Dead Man's Shoes

not bad

Good Will Hunting

also been meaning to see

One Hour Photo

meh

Låt den rätte komma in

very good movie

Lucky Number Slevin

was alright

I think you have quite a good taste in movies.

At 10/3/10 05:53 PM, Auz wrote: I just watched Finding Nemo.

I've seen that a lot. great for a kid's movie.

At 10/3/10 06:45 PM, klik wrote: Bill and ted
back to future
and this is spinal tap

hell yeah

At 10/3/10 09:12 PM, Mijb wrote: About a year or two ago I found myself exploring Korean cinema

If you haven't seen them, I think you should check out a Tale of Two Sisters, Tae Guk Gi, Baramui Fighter (Fighter in the Wind) and Musa the Warrior. And Park Chan Wook's latest movie, Thirst, was alright, though I expected better. Joint Security Area wasn't bad, either.

At 10/4/10 06:18 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Also saw Y Tu Mama Tambien the other day, loved it. Great fun, plenty of nipple shots, some hilarious dialogue, blah blah. Loved the brutally honest ending.

Maribel Verdu was oddly attractive in this movie, even though I thought she looked like a zombie in Pan's Labyrinth.

At 10/4/10 11:15 PM, EKublai wrote: *1. A Prophet (French, the best prison movie I've ever seen. Period.)

been sitting on my queue

*2. Toy Story 3 (Story structure is superb. The range of emotions it plays on is astounding)

still haven't gotten to see it

*9. Inception (Redundant cross-cutting aside, the film is a great action movie that wants to make you wonder what it is. And succeeds.)

one of the best movies this year, no doubt

*10. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (A refreshing Swedish thriller.)

I really need to sit down and watch this already. I think the second one is coming out soon, or it already did.

*12. Shutter Island (You'll believe that you could be a composer once you've heard Hans Zimmer's score for this. BUM BUM BUM! Otherwise it's a good, if overlong thriller/horror movie with a goods symbolic turn at the end.)

haha the music playing when you first see the building is very out of place. Anyway, it was a great movie.

19. The Crazies (Great remake, the beginning is terrifying.)

meh

21. Kick-Ass (The best part of this movie is Nicolas Cage, otherwise it's a pretty good time. The last bit is pretty bad.)

was alright

*23. Avatar (A visual spectacle, an important film for years to come, but all in all wasn't that great.)

yeah, good, not great

28. Iron Man 2 (Mickey Rourke is good as a Russian, but that's about it. Get a roof!)

awesome movie that needed just a little bit of boring parts cut out

Perhaps I will look up those other movies you mentioned.

At 10/5/10 12:50 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: Session 9 was a very impressive suspense, thriller

yeah? It's been on my queue, but I've been reluctant to watch it.

At 10/5/10 03:49 PM, Ptero wrote:
At 10/5/10 04:30 AM, Jolly wrote: Slumdog Millionaire

I saw all 5 best picture nominees that year in one day at the theater (there were one or two intermissions) and my pick was between Slumdog Millionaire and Benjamin Button. Milk, the Reader, and Frost/Nixon were good, too, though.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-07 17:18:17

At 10/7/10 01:56 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 10/5/10 12:50 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: Session 9 was a very impressive suspense, thriller
yeah? It's been on my queue, but I've been reluctant to watch it.

I think it's actually very easy to watch, even for someone like me who shies away from horror because I don't like the 'jump out of your seat' mentality. It's a very suspenseful film and it does it in a way that is more engrossing than anything else.

Plus the ending is pretty cool

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-07 18:25:47

At 10/7/10 05:18 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: I think it's actually very easy to watch, even for someone like me who shies away from horror because I don't like the 'jump out of your seat' mentality.

To me, there's no such thing as a scary movie. I meant because of the 1-2 star reviews on Netflix. But I'll rent it some time.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-07 18:52:09

At 10/6/10 05:32 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 10/6/10 05:10 PM, Auz wrote: I think Sean Connery and Harrison Ford formed a good father and son duo.
You are now aware Sean Connery is only 12 years older than Harrison Ford.

No I wasn't, but I was wondering if Sean Connery was perhaps born an old man since he already looked old 20 years ago :p

I still don't think it reached the level of Raiders of the Lost Ark though, the first one is definitely the best in the series, but in itself it was a very good film.
I like Last Crusade best, but Raiders is very close. Sean Connery tips it for me, he's one of my favourite actors.

I have always loved his voice.

At 10/7/10 02:06 AM, EclecticEnnui wrote:
At 10/5/10 04:14 PM, Auz wrote: Well you could see it coming that Lotso would turn their back on them as soon as he got out and that the toys would get saved again. It's those kind of things that I find rather predictable. You can see the film is eventually gonna work towards a point where the toys are brought to the attic or some place where they can still live happily, because it will have a happy ending and it can't be Andy suddenly wanting to take his toys with him to college cause that would be silly and unrealistic.
*Spoilers remain*
That the ending would be upbeat I did find kind of predictable, but given how touching it is, predictability isn't a big issue. Lotso turning his back on them at the landfill is only kind of predictable as he's near the turbine or whatever that machine is. I actually wasn't 100% sure what he'd do since he might have at least a bit of a change in heart and save them. I mean they saved him from dying.

*Spoilers*
I think a change of heart would have been good. Now it ended with 'he's just evil', while you can argue about how bad he really was at that day care. Sure he looked like a dictator, but the system he made was actually fair when you think about it. It would've added more depth to his character if he had saved Woody and co and became nicer to the toys.

Also, the film does follow the fairly standard pattern of 'ups and downs' most stories have, so from that you can sort of tell whether a scene is gonna end good or not.
Having ups and downs is, as you say, a traditional way of storytelling. This film obviously can't have all downs since it's for kids and if it had all ups, it probably wouldn't be interesting to adults and maybe kids, too. A combination of both is just fine. I think we're on the same level in that some scenes are, indeed, kind of or a little cliched, but a cliche is not necessarily a downright bad thing if it's fitted in the story right. I think this film doesn't bombard you with cliches and they're not very noticeable.

That is true. There are some cliche scenes here and there, but they're quite subtle indeed.

I'm mostly talking about the 'happy ending' that came afterwards. Where Lotso 'got what he deserved' and the toys went back to Andy and yada yada. These scenes went on for quite long and when Andy started playing with Bonnie and the toys again I was like ... meh... just let the credits role already.
Lotso does have a similar outcome to Pete in Toy Story 2, but I didn't see that coming. Again, the ending is emotional and fits in perfectly. If the film stood alone, I might've agreed that it would be too long, but since there are two previous films with the same toy characters and the owner they cherish, the ending has a nice way of Andy figuratively passing the torch to another child. The torch obviously being the toys. Andy also reasonably brings out the child in him one last time and it seems like who wouldn't be touched by that? Then he has that brilliant line, "Thanks, guys." Thanks for the good times. I hate to come across as pretentious, but that ending is how I interpret it as. You didn't apparently see it in at least a similar way, which I don't know why, but I still respect how you've described it.

I understand what you mean.

Perhaps I didn't see it the way you did because it was at least 10 years ago since I last watched Toy Story 1. I can hardly remember anything from it and Toy Story has simply never interested me much when I was a kid. The ending might have touched me more if I had both the other films in my childhood memories or had remembered more of the first one.

Also, now that I think about it, this was the end of a trilogy of course and that asks for a more extensive ending. Otherwise it's a little lame, so perhaps I'm being a bit too negative about it. Giving the first Toy Story a rewatch might make me appreciate the third one's ending more.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-08 08:07:54

I watched Ponyo on a Cliff by the Sea last night. The most recent (2008) animation film by Hayao Miyazaki, loosely inspired by The Little Mermaid.

*Might contain spoilers*
Compared to other Miyazaki films, this film is closer to Totoro than Spirited Away. It's more aimed at younger audiences. The characters are cute and the story doesn't really contain any serious themes or anything about good and evil. The back of the DVD spoke about catastrophic events and imbalance of nature that would endanger the entire planet, but there's really not that much drama involved. It's all kept very lighthearted.

I think the film did not take so much time to build up the ending. After 80 minutes I had a feeling we were still halfway, but there's actually only 15 minutes left at that point which surprised me. I felt the same when watching Totoro. Maybe it's not normal in Japanese animation films to build up to a big climax, like they so often do in western films. I'm personally fine with that, but I can imagine that for some people the film will feel underwhelming at the end.

Anyway, I liked this film. After seeing some trailers I didn't expect much, but I found it quite charming and enjoyable and it even had some very funny moments. It won't be disappointing for those who liked Totoro.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-09 14:07:59

Got some movies to watch.

Following
Insomnia
Jennifer's Body
Pulp Fiction
The Human Centipede

Should be a good week. I've also got every season of Dexter, and the first 3 episodes of Boardwalk Empire.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-09 14:39:34

At 10/9/10 02:07 PM, Makeshift wrote: the first 3 episodes of Boardwalk Empire.

Slow start, but the fantastic characters are enough to carry it so far. Looking forward to it picking up a bit in later episodes.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-09 17:19:59

At 10/9/10 02:39 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 10/9/10 02:07 PM, Makeshift wrote: the first 3 episodes of Boardwalk Empire.
Slow start, but the fantastic characters are enough to carry it so far. Looking forward to it picking up a bit in later episodes.

This reminds me of the show I watched last night. It was called No Ordinary Family. I saw the first episode, and it was basically the opposite of what you've said. Incredibly fast start, and absolutely no character development or interesting things about the family to be found. It's just like: Here's mom, there's dad, teenage girl texts all the time, teenage boy plays video games all the time.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-09 17:57:33

At 10/9/10 02:07 PM, Makeshift wrote: The Human Centipede

Why would anybody want to watch this?

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-09 18:46:59

At 10/9/10 05:57 PM, Jolly wrote:

I NEED TO.

Watching Iron Man 2 right now.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-09 23:06:09

At 10/9/10 08:08 PM, EclecticEnnui wrote:
At 10/9/10 05:57 PM, Jolly wrote:
I imagine curiosity for its content being the main reason.

Yeah, it's a very very different concept... something my mind could not even cup up with.

Anyways, Iron Man 2 was alright, but the first one was far better. It's the same way I feel about Spider-Man 1 > Spider-Man 2. I also ended up watching Get Him To The Greek... well about half of it. I got bored and left the room. It was too slow and just plain unfunny. Disappointed because Forgetting Sarah Marshall is one of my favourite comedies. I guess it's nothing without Jason Segel.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-10 02:19:47

At 10/9/10 11:06 PM, Makeshift wrote: Anyways, Iron Man 2 was alright, but the first one was far better. It's the same way I feel about Spider-Man 1 > Spider-Man 2.

I disagree, Spider-Man 2 was my favorite. Doc was a much better villain than the Green Goblin.
SM2 > SM1 > SM3

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-10 12:47:08

At 10/9/10 01:06 AM, EclecticEnnui wrote: Fair points regarding Toy Story 3, Auz, although whether fairness applies to Lotso running the day care centre is something I don't know about. I mean the toys weren't allowed to leave, among other things.

I thought that system where new toys, starting at the bottom of the ladder, will have to go to the careless kids first while older toys can go to the nicer kids was fair. But yeah, there were a few things that were obviously wrong with it.

Anyway, there aren't any plans for another sequel, but if Andy appears in it, it will likely be a cameo. Same with the upcoming short film.

I think another sequel would not be a good idea. I doubt they could recapture the magic of the first three films in an unnecessary sequel.

At 10/9/10 11:06 PM, Makeshift wrote: I also ended up watching Get Him To The Greek... well about half of it. I got bored and left the room. It was too slow and just plain unfunny. Disappointed because Forgetting Sarah Marshall is one of my favourite comedies. I guess it's nothing without Jason Segel.

A friend of mine said he wanted to go to that, but after seeing the trailer I didn't feel like going. The trailer was unfunny already, so I didn't think the film would be any good.

At 10/10/10 02:19 AM, Ptero wrote:
At 10/9/10 11:06 PM, Makeshift wrote: Anyways, Iron Man 2 was alright, but the first one was far better. It's the same way I feel about Spider-Man 1 > Spider-Man 2.
I disagree, Spider-Man 2 was my favorite. Doc was a much better villain than the Green Goblin.
SM2 > SM1 > SM3

I would go for that order as well, but I don't think it was such a good series in general.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-10 14:28:14

At 10/10/10 12:47 PM, Auz wrote:
At 10/10/10 02:19 AM, Ptero wrote:
SM2 > SM1 > SM3
I would go for that order as well, but I don't think it was such a good series in general.

I enjoyed the first movie more because I found it interesting to see Peter Parker discover his powers. I suppose it was the same with Iron Man. I'm really excited for the Spider-Man reboot now, though. Now that I've seen Andrew Garfield in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, and in (trailers of) The Social Network, he seems like a decent actor. He'll make a good Spider-Man.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-10 17:35:59

Oh yeah, I saw Diary of a Wimpy Kid last night. I know it's a kids' movie, but it was just utter shit. I cannot believe IMDb has a 6/10 rating for it. It is seriously one of the worst kids' movies I've ever seen in my life. Just so... fucking... terrible...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-10 17:42:38

Oh my God...

You guys are aware that IMDB is going through some changes right? I just looked at the top 250 and they are replacing English titles of films (the REAL titles) for Dutch ones. The Shawshank Redemption is now called 'de ontsnapping' which is literally The Escape. Silence of the Lambs becomes 'the scream of the lamb', Old Boy is Oldeuboi which isn't even Dutch... When I do searches, it'll show the Dutch title first and then say AKA (the real title) below it.

Are there any other non-Americans, -Australians and -UK'ers here that see titles changing to their native language? This looks so stupid, plus I now have to guess or see the pictures on the title pages to find out which film it is.

At 10/10/10 02:28 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 10/10/10 12:47 PM, Auz wrote: I would go for that order as well, but I don't think it was such a good series in general.
I enjoyed the first movie more because I found it interesting to see Peter Parker discover his powers.

I can't remember them that well. It's been a while since I last watched them and again, I don't care much for the series. I'm interested in the reboot though.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-11 06:51:55

At 10/10/10 06:09 PM, EclecticEnnui wrote:
At 10/10/10 05:42 PM, Auz wrote: Are there any other non-Americans, -Australians and -UK'ers here that see titles changing to their native language? This looks so stupid, plus I now have to guess or see the pictures on the title pages to find out which film it is.
If you have an account, you should be able to choose what you want in Site Preferences for "Title display country" and "Title display language". You can also get the previous site format by checking the box for "Show previous title and name page design (reference view)".

Ah thanks :)

I suppose this feature might be handy for countries where films are always dubbed and known for their altered titles, but here they're known for their English titles so it's only confusing and annoying for us.

I also switched back to the previous lay-out.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-13 04:39:28

At 10/11/10 06:51 AM, Auz wrote: I suppose this feature might be handy for countries where films are always dubbed and known for their altered titles, but here they're known for their English titles so it's only confusing and annoying for us.

If you're an english moviegoer it makes a lot more sense as nearly all foreign films are retitled when they come over here to something that is just as (if not more) recognised, looking at teh top 250 the obvious one is Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo becoming The Good, The Bad And The Ugly, but also Amelie, Seven Samurai, City of God, Spirited Away, The Lives of Others, etc. If you don't know their original names (which I don't for example), then having their english names is a pretty sensible option.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-13 04:47:13

At 10/10/10 05:42 PM, Auz wrote: Oh my God...

It's the same for me.

Cinema Club

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-13 04:50:26

At 10/13/10 04:47 AM, Jolly wrote:
At 10/10/10 05:42 PM, Auz wrote: Oh my God...
It's the same for me.

Sorry, I mean the same as it always has been.

At 10/10/10 05:35 PM, Makeshift wrote: Oh yeah, I saw Diary of a Wimpy Kid last night. I know it's a kids' movie, but it was just utter shit. I cannot believe IMDb has a 6/10 rating for it. It is seriously one of the worst kids' movies I've ever seen in my life. Just so... fucking... terrible...

It's not THAT bad. My least favourite movie is Where the wild things are, it was terrible in my opinion.
I'm not the only one that thinks that kid is gay, am I?

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-13 06:39:56

At 10/13/10 01:33 AM, korg53 wrote:
At 10/11/10 06:51 AM, Auz wrote:
I suppose this feature might be handy for countries where films are always dubbed and known for their altered titles, but here they're known for their English titles so it's only confusing and annoying for us.
Just try to find how is "Hellboy" called in Malaysia

Super Sapiens? Lol, sounds like a B-movie.

At 10/13/10 04:39 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 10/11/10 06:51 AM, Auz wrote: I suppose this feature might be handy for countries where films are always dubbed and known for their altered titles, but here they're known for their English titles so it's only confusing and annoying for us.
If you're an english moviegoer it makes a lot more sense as nearly all foreign films are retitled when they come over here to something that is just as (if not more) recognised, looking at teh top 250 the obvious one is Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo becoming The Good, The Bad And The Ugly, but also Amelie, Seven Samurai, City of God, Spirited Away, The Lives of Others, etc. If you don't know their original names (which I don't for example), then having their english names is a pretty sensible option.

Ah yes, I see they change the original titles to English for foreign films. I guess that is handy and I'm personally okay with that, but I'd still rather stick to the original titles to be honest.

----

Here's a pic to show what the top 12 looks like in Dutch. Note how The Godfather II has been renamed, but The Godfather I hasn't. Some titles can hardly be recognized and I think it looks very silly.

Cinema Club

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-13 07:06:07

Netflix doesn't have Episode 1, 2, or 3 for the Original star wars. How is this possible?

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-13 15:54:42

At 10/13/10 07:06 AM, Jolly wrote: Netflix doesn't have Episode 1, 2, or 3 for the Original star wars. How is this possible?

I see all six. Do you live in America?

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-13 17:10:47

At 10/13/10 03:54 PM, Ptero wrote:
At 10/13/10 07:06 AM, Jolly wrote: Netflix doesn't have Episode 1, 2, or 3 for the Original star wars. How is this possible?

I'm pretty sure Netflix is only in America right now.

And you probably see the new Star Wars.

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-13 17:30:58

At 10/13/10 05:10 PM, Jolly wrote:
At 10/13/10 03:54 PM, Ptero wrote:
I'm pretty sure Netflix is only in America right now.

And you probably see the new Star Wars.

I own all of the star wars films. My family isn't really even a big fan of star wars but yet we still some how get the films as a gift or something.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-13 19:17:32

I watched a pretty badass western style Korean action movie called the Good, the Bad, the Weird. The villain was gay as hell, but the movie was still cool. I finally watched This is England, which I thought was okay, but not that good, and I saw the Boss of It All, which was interesting and amusing, though oddly edited.

At 10/8/10 08:07 AM, Auz wrote: I watched Ponyo on a Cliff by the Sea last night

I thought that movie was great and the artwork was fantastic, though the way the characters act seems a bit illogical at times. For example, the mother sees a talking fish sitting in her car and doesn't flip out or pass out from shock. Something along the lines of "what the fuck?! fuck me!" sounds about right.

At 10/9/10 02:07 PM, Makeshift wrote: Following

pretty good

Insomnia

original or remake with Pacino and Robin Williams? They're both good, but they change quite a bit in the remake and make the main character basically a better person than in the original.

Pulp Fiction

classic. awesome, of course.

The Human Centipede

I've heard about this movie. It sounds pretty messed up.

Boardwalk Empire.

I'm gonna have to wait for it to be on DVD. I've been interested since I saw the commercials, but I don't have whatever channel it's on.

At 10/9/10 03:28 PM, korg53 wrote: I'm quite delighted right now because I have in my hands the two versions of "Get Carter"
Caine appears in the two movies, a little diminished in the remake but he's still badass

The original was alright, but I didn't like the one with Stallone.

At 10/13/10 05:10 PM, Jolly wrote: And you probably see the new Star Wars.

Last time I looked, they had both the original versions and the awkward newer versions with the out of place extra effects.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-13 19:23:02

At 10/13/10 07:17 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
Insomnia
original or remake with Pacino and Robin Williams? They're both good, but they change quite a bit in the remake and make the main character basically a better person than in the original.

It's the remake with Pacino and Williams.

Boardwalk Empire.
I'm gonna have to wait for it to be on DVD. I've been interested since I saw the commercials, but I don't have whatever channel it's on.

This reminds me... I haven't watched any movies because I've been watching the show "Breaking Bad"... if you haven't heard of it, you need to do some research, because it's the only TV show I've seen recently that I've enjoyed.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-13 19:33:22

Wait, the first Star Wars is called Star Wars IV? Okay, that's slightly confusing.

Response to Cinema Club 2010-10-13 20:49:21

At 10/13/10 07:23 PM, Makeshift wrote: This reminds me... I haven't watched any movies because I've been watching the show "Breaking Bad"... if you haven't heard of it, you need to do some research, because it's the only TV show I've seen recently that I've enjoyed.

I've seen lots of ads and heard nothing but praise, but I never caught it on or remembered to dvr it. If it's on DVD, I'll rent it sometime. I still find it weird seeing Hal from Malcolm in the Middle like that. The next show for me is season 2 and 3 of Deadwood, though.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature