00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

maybenotriver just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Flash Pro?? 2008-04-15 06:39:23

Whats a good free flash program that I can use other then flash mx? Cause I dont like the 30 day thing an dont use it all the time.

Response to Flash Pro?? 2008-04-15 07:11:03

At 4/15/08 06:39 AM, Squall-01 wrote: a good free flash program.

That doesn't exist. You need to buy Flash.

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Pro?? 2008-04-15 07:38:09

Most of the flash artists, here on Newgrounds and professionally, use Adobe Flash. You can get the free trial there or buy the full thing. However, Flash is pretty expensive so you might be interested in some alternatives. First off is the student version of flash(NB: You have to be student in the USA or Canada for this and you can not make profit off your works). You can also buy older or used versions of flash for alot cheaper than the huge $700. You might be able to find some of these by searching: Macromedia Flash Or Adobe Flash.

There are not only adobe programs. There are also some cheaper, but not as good, versions out there. Heres a list:

SWiSH Max - $100 (Free Trial)
ToonBoom - $399 (Free Trial)
LiveSWF - Free
KoolMoves - $59 (Free Trial)
SoThink - $85 (Free Trial)
Anime Studio - $49(Pro - $179) (Free Trial)

Once you've got yourself a program head over to the flash tutorial section and start learning flash. Other learning resources for flash include:

Animation basics
NG Flash Tutorials Section
Kirupa
FlashWiki
actionscript.org
gotoAndLearn
AS dictionary
AS: Main
Tutorial Collab '06
Tutorial Collab '08
RaidenX Tutorials

Response to Flash Pro?? 2008-04-15 08:24:51

At 4/15/08 07:38 AM, UnknownFury wrote: (NB: You have to be student in the USA or Canada for this and you can not make profit off your works)

Just going to pick at that one. It's not 'can not make profit'. It's 'can not be used for commercial purposes'. There's a difference.

"Don't worry Adobe. My business breaks even every month because the difference goes into my paycheque... I can legally use your student edition to make money since I don't turn profit. Zoinks"

BBS Signature