00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PuffyBussie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The 3 Second Collab!

59,233 Views | 1,476 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-06 17:19:27

Could someone send me a PM when it's posted?

Thanks

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-06 17:58:45

At 12/6/08 05:19 PM, jpoctavarium wrote: Could someone send me a PM when it's posted?

Thanks

i will try to get the news around somehow if i am online at the time, but there are a few last minute problems with sound sync, but hopefully DS will have it sorted, only minor and could release it soon!

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-06 19:17:03

Cool, it's about time this thing was released.
How many months did it take?

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-06 22:19:22

Alrighty! i just got home from 12 hours of crazy! anay news??? tommorow i should be back at around 7 ish or 8ish i hope this came out today i just somehow missed it and if not i hope it is released tommorow! Sound syncing problems?? i cant do sound other wise i would offer to help

ban me please

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-06 23:36:02

At 12/6/08 10:19 PM, ARAE wrote: Alrighty! i just got home from 12 hours of crazy! anay news??? tommorow i should be back at around 7 ish or 8ish i hope this came out today i just somehow missed it and if not i hope it is released tommorow! Sound syncing problems?? i cant do sound other wise i would offer to help

It should be submitted tomorrow. I don't think it's fair to submit it without giving you guys a day of notice from what time it's going to be released. The sound sync was fixed but it was a costly move to have it fixed. The quality of the sound went down a bit but it's not much of a difference. You probably won't notice it unless you have the original copy of the sound.

Today was also my sisters birthday so i wasn't sure if today would be the day to submit it.

I also have Monday off so I'll be Private Messaging you guys a day before i submit it! I'll also post here in case you don't get a PM.

At 12/6/08 07:17 PM, jpoctavarium wrote:
Cool, it's about time this thing was released.
How many months did it take?

About 9 BUT i think it was worth the wait. I don't know how the collab would have looked if i had submitted it earlier.

Also, some last minute things were done. 1 Part from the collab was lost. Well, it wasn't lost but i had an older version of the part that was no good and the download link to the new one was expired and i did PM the author of the part but i think it's too much of a short notice. Also, 1 part was taken off from the collab because I just didn't like what the part was about. So yeah.

A progress report:
Credits - Done
Icon - Done
Authors Comment - Done. Also, i was able to fit everything i needed to write for the collab. I wanted to write "Sincerely, DarkSoldier & The Collab Members" but Newgrounds wouldn't let me write more. Thankfully, i was able to fit in "Enjoy The Collab!" before i ran out of space.
Sounds- Almost Done. Just need to edit 1 song
Menu - Done
Collab Being Put Together - Done

Collab Overall - 95% Complete

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-07 02:08:43

At 12/6/08 11:36 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: Collab Overall - 95% Complete

freaking awesome ds ill try and be on as much as i can, i swear!

im not breaking that swear, i promise
and im not breaking that promise, trust me
my trustingness is true, ok? ok. :D

Stuff I Like

-----------------------------------

Boobies, Flash, and CRACK!

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-07 09:23:52

sweet! I'll also have to keep track of whats going on. I can't wait to see it!

Collabs: 3 Second Collab

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-07 11:14:17

To save me from checking everyone's profile which I'll have to do anyways.

Does anyone know if we have any Australian users part of this collab? It would make it much easier to know when to submit this collab because Australia's time is 3 AM now and England's time is 4 PM and US & Canada's time is 11 AM.

BBS Signature

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-07 12:14:04

Also, i noticed some of you still wear the old 3 second collab signature. So i made a new one.

I'm currently wearing it. Just right-click the picture and click save-as and then go to you NG's account and then forum signature and upload the signature :)

BBS Signature

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-07 12:37:58

At 12/7/08 12:14 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: Also, i noticed some of you still wear the old 3 second collab signature. So i made a new one.

some are old skool! whey!

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-07 14:10:55

dude these are really cool!

Stuff I Like

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-07 18:54:46

lol does anyone else here "The final countdown" song playing right now?

maybe i'll here the dawson's creek theme song when its submitted :D

PM me if you want a siggy done for you. lol ;]

BBS Signature

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-07 19:00:25

HEY! Awesome! Again just got back from pool, im tired wont be on much and i dont have tommorow off! I live in CANADA ( i think you wanted us to tell u so u wouldnt go through profiles) ! Its great it is almost done! i can't wait!

i dont think eclamation points were over used.

ban me please

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-07 19:10:39

At 12/7/08 07:00 PM, ARAE wrote: HEY! Awesome! Again just got back from pool, im tired wont be on much and i dont have tommorow off! I live in CANADA ( i think you wanted us to tell u so u wouldnt go through profiles) ! Its great it is almost done! i can't wait!

I live in Canada too. I live in Quebec though and tomorrow it's the Quebec Elections. So that's why i have a day off. I really just want to know if there's any Australian users because if there isn't then i will just submit the collab without worrying about everyone having to see it. If i submit it at 4 PM (Canada and U.S) then it would be like 8 PM for England or maybe later. I don't know if any of you England citizens are allowed to stay up all the way up to 11 PM England Time?

i dont think eclamation points were over used.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

BBS Signature

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-07 19:26:49

At 12/7/08 07:10 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: submit it at 4 PM

THATS PERFECT!!!!

thats when i get home from school!

Stuff I Like

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-07 19:56:52

4PM for you means 10PM for me (austria). that's okay. let's do this! :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-07 20:09:19

Hopefully I'll be home by 4:00

in process of buying 360

Dark? our parts are not side by side in the flash are they? they are spread between eachother right? idk why but for some reason i'm just really curious on how you layed it all out.

PM me if you want a siggy done for you. lol ;]

BBS Signature

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-07 20:40:59

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MUST READ POST~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think I'm going to send those PM's now. I think I'll be submitting it tomorrow.

For Canada and U.S it will be at 4 PM, for England it will be at 9 PM and for Australia it will be at 8 AM.

Most of you live in Europe and so it will be around 10 PM for you guys. None of you live in Australia though. So... if you guys want I could submit it next weekend but I don't know if you guys want that? It might be easier for those of you who live in Canada, US and England because either it's late at night or you're just coming home from school. Alright, if the portal isn't crappy tomorrow it should be submitted. I haven't heard any bad news concerning a spam day for tomorrow so things are looking brighter :)

I'll be sending the PM's now. So this is what I've posted in them in case you don't get one:

VERY IMPORTANT NEWS!

Tomorrow, Monday December 8th, 2008, I plan on releasing the 3 second collab!

Listen to this very carefully as this has to do with timezones:

My time is Eastern Time/ GMT -5 (NG's Time). To check what time it is for me click here! No, I don't live in New York but I do share the same timezone with them.

The Collab is expected to be submitted at 4 PM my time. So... using the link i provided always check what time it is for me and when it's 4 PM for me you'll know that I will be submitting the collab UNLESS it is a spam day or something very important. I will not be sending Private Messages again saying that the collab is delayed or something like that. You must check the collab thread on a daily basis: The 3 Second Collab! Thread

So yeah, hope you get to see the collab! Enjoy!

Sincerely, John~

BBS Signature

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-07 20:44:17

got it. thanks for the 3 sec collab thread link. i wouldn't have found it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-07 20:46:02

EXCELLENT!

Wicked! i generally get home at 3 but i might be busy we will see! ill deffinately check it out sometime between 4 and 7!!!!

ban me please

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-07 20:46:21

At 12/7/08 08:40 PM, DarkSoldier wrote:
The Collab is expected to be submitted at 4 PM my time. So... using the link i provided always check what time it is for me and when it's 4 PM for me you'll know that I will be submitting the collab UNLESS it is a spam day or something very important. I will not be sending Private Messages again saying that the collab is delayed or something like that. You must check the collab thread on a daily basis: The 3 Second Collab! Thread

Actually, scratch what I said about checking the collab thread on a daily basis. Check it every time you get the chance to go on Newgrounds!

At 12/7/08 08:09 PM, 5a7aN wrote:
Hopefully I'll be home by 4:00

in process of buying 360

I got one :)

Dark? our parts are not side by side in the flash are they? they are spread between eachother right? idk why but for some reason i'm just really curious on how you layed it all out.

What do you mean side by side? The parts that follow a story like yours don't all play 1 after the other. They are separated by at least 20 parts each. None of the parts submitted by authors play 1 after the other. They're all separated by other parts.

BBS Signature

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-07 22:31:20

I've already got 2 of you who are going to miss the release. If you guys want me to release it another day then speak up.

Don't forget though, once i release the collab it will probably have a good hour and a half in the Under Judgment section. So... that should give you guys some time to check it out while it's Under Judgment.

I'll submit it between 4-5 PM my time. So if you don't see it at 4 PM on the dot don't be like "OMG WTF". It doesn't take 5 minutes to upload the flash onto Newgrounds :\

BBS Signature

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-07 22:37:36

Sorry for the triple-post but also:

You guys got all the way up to 12 PM Newgrounds time to watch it and vote on it if you wish to.
Once i submit the collab it will go through Under Judgment and that will decide whether it's accepted onto Newgrounds or blamed. I doubt it will be blammed since i know our collab is awesome! Once it passes Under Judgment (UJ) you guys got all day to vote on it. Don't worry if you won't be there for the release hour. it doesn't matter.

BBS Signature

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-08 08:35:14

finally

BBS Signature

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-08 14:40:51

1 hour and 20 min left! :D

about

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-08 14:53:26

Coo...

Collabs: 3 Second Collab

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-08 14:58:42

hey looks good ill prolly be round for the release time

ban me please

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-08 15:22:10

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-08 15:24:17

read the very very first post of this thread!! this is made as like a second 3 second collab

ban me please

Response to The 3 Second Collab! 2008-12-08 15:26:22

At 12/8/08 03:24 PM, ARAE wrote: read the very very first post of this thread!! this is made as like a second 3 second collab

yes but what will the name of the submission be if this one has been taken?