00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

1Her0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the orange box collab

51,307 Views | 1,415 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-03 21:52:15

Ye. It's fine

: Nothing

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-03 21:58:33

What is the background music going to be for the collab?

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-03 22:01:50

At 4/3/08 09:58 PM, ThePrototype wrote: What is the background music going to be for the collab?

I don't think we have determined what the backgroung music is going to be. Any suggestions would be nice. The music that we would be looking for is something quiet and calm so that other sounds can be heard in peoples videos.

[As Main][The Zelda Collab]

I suffer from CRS (Can't Remember Shit)

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-03 22:30:35

and the updated list yet again

-nothin shown
*updates shown

parts given

portal:
1.chuky chesse*
2.thegreen fantasy-
3.dr34mer-

4.assasin rabbit
5.dumassstudios
6.Jay-Jay34

7.jimmick*
8. Noxx11-
9.Oouch-
10.hooplah (maybe?)-
11.robert2812-

12.morningdeath

half life
1.Jay-Jay34-
2.hooplah (maybe?)-

3. assasin rabbit

4.Greensinge-
5.willobeen-
6.Oouch-
7.sirtom93-
8.theafroguy (maybe?)-

TF2
1.the green fantasy-
2.Noxx11-
3.bobby444-

4.flashbound18

5.PBM-

6.GCacti

7. ThePrototype-

menu/preloader
mechanixnut*

do note that the finished parts are highlighted so I know that they are done, please post updates so I know u are still n the collab

keep those parts coming ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-03 22:44:34

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/030408/8 1772_ThePrototypePart.php

My part so far..
I'm kinda confused at where I should go at it from there though...

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-03 22:51:19

At 4/3/08 10:44 PM, ThePrototype wrote: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/030408/8 1772_ThePrototypePart.php

My part so far..

It's not bad, I can't really help you with ideas only becasue I have never played the game or any of them for that matter. It is still a good opener though

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-04 01:37:33

At 4/3/08 10:44 PM, ThePrototype wrote: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/030408/8 1772_ThePrototypePart.php

My part so far..

Make a heavy as well, and the scout's all like, oh get fucked and the heavy is like yeah I'm going to kill you. Then the scout disappears and the heavy is like WTF SAME TEAM DISGUISE WHO THE HELL DOES THAT and yeah then he backstabs him

[I Has A Hat]

And it's on my head, your source for stupid comics and everything hats (No hats)

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-04 02:17:58

doin good doin good :D who should I send my parts to? il just upload em here and you guys do whatever ya wanna do with em. for portal I was thinking maybe still alive instrumental version, very very quietly. for team fortress the team fortress intro song, again quietly and for HL there is a shitload of music we could use.
I encounctered a lil problem... my god damn mouse broke lol, should have bought more, the usb thingy just pretty much ripped, and all I got is my "draw but look at the screen" tablet, its chelenging to use it to get through to... to get to anything really.
Also in a mere 7 hours I shall be at the cheap-ass-islamabad-international-airpor t...-cheap-ass, waitin for my flight to sri lanka nd and spendin all my time there till the 12th, so yall takin charge of deh collab (mechanix, jim and chunky) dont turn anyone down, dont submit, dont be dicks, dont get into any flams lol. so yeah il upload my parts in a few mins... or hours...
still not sure if il be able to talk to yall while im in srilanka

JOIN THE GTA COLLAB, A TON OF FREE SPACES!!!

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-04 02:31:27

Some of u need to learn how to mask. Especially in the portal parts
\
I can tell u.
U make another layer above the layer u want to mask. U must have the guy on his own layer. Then u right click the layer and select mask. This weill make that layer get like a green square infront of it. Then drag a layer under it and that layer will also get a green thing in front of it. They will be locked so unlock it. Then click on the top one. The top one is the one u draw where u want the guy to be seen. So draw the area in between the portals and also the parts of the portals u want him to be seen in. Then u go to the layer below and animate the guy however u like. Maybe even make him a mc and then add a directional blur. It doesn't matter if he goes out of the mask area. It just means u don't see him. Then lock both layers and then watch it and u will see the mask taking place.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-04 02:55:40

At 4/4/08 02:17 AM, assasinrabbit wrote: who should I send my parts to? il just upload em here and you guys do whatever ya wanna do with em.

ya just upload them, I already ahve parts from Morningdeath and Gcacti so I guess I will put things together in your absence

so yall takin charge of deh collab (mechanix, jim and chunky) dont turn anyone down, dont submit, dont be dicks, dont get into any flams lol. so yeah il upload my parts in a few mins... or hours...

ya jimmick and chunky havent realy been on that often and I have so I have basically been doing all of the leading

still not sure if il be able to talk to yall while im in srilanka

that is going to suck if you cant but if you even got on msn for like 2 mins i could give you a quick update

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-04 03:11:25

righty-o il upload all the stuff soon, I just gotta pack up first lol

JOIN THE GTA COLLAB, A TON OF FREE SPACES!!!

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-04 07:57:06

Ok sweet

The more parts the better :P

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-04 08:20:30

Hey, I've totally been on lots, I just... Don't... Ummmm
My portal part it almost done does ANYONE HAVE THE CGF SCAPE DIRECTORY for the PORTAL SOUNDS
That would be nice.
Oh and mechanix do you want me to do you some portal art? I could draw a portal background for us, I'll make it a looping mc so it you know, makes ambience.
Of course if you have other plans that's alright
Also guys let's not cut each other out because we all want to be co-ed, working together is the only way we'll make a fab collaboration

[I Has A Hat]

And it's on my head, your source for stupid comics and everything hats (No hats)

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-04 08:21:57

Oh and also I'm making a TF2 part

[I Has A Hat]

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-04 09:23:09

At 4/4/08 08:20 AM, jimmick wrote: Hey, I've totally been on lots, I just... Don't... Ummmm
My portal part it almost done does ANYONE HAVE THE CGF SCAPE DIRECTORY for the PORTAL SOUNDS
That would be nice.
Oh and mechanix do you want me to do you some portal art? I could draw a portal background for us, I'll make it a looping mc so it you know, makes ambience.
Also guys let's not cut each other out because we all want to be co-ed, working together is the only way we'll make a fab collaboration

Ummm...welll the portal directory is in youur program filed/steam/steamapps/USERNAME/ then look for the directory called portal english. That will give u glados and the other directory called portal game will give u portal opening and closing sounds.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-04 09:27:33

At 4/4/08 09:02 AM, chief-hungry-bear wrote: Any chance you could squeeze my into portals?

Yeah sure dude, as long as you don't do sticks dying by making two portals on top of each other and falling for ages. EVERYONE does that. Something original and you're in for sure!

and morningdeath I was looking for the SPECIFIC folder but I'll have a snoop
*snooping
YES!
I have all the portal sounds
Oh wait... shit there's a billion
Well, I'll be here for a while
hoboapprentice@gmail.com
add me I'm bored

[I Has A Hat]

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-04 10:42:49

At 4/4/08 08:20 AM, jimmick wrote:

I do have an idea for the menu, but it is slowly falling apart cause the thing I am trying to do is very hard to draw/ animate. If you want to draw something up feel free to do so, whether it will get used or not is not a guaruntee.

Oh and chief-hungry-bear i guess you can join cause jimmick has already said so, but just do anything that he has said or that has already been done a billion times before.

Well, I'll be here for a while

hoboapprentice@gmail.com
add me I'm bored

I don't really want to add you even though I am really bored myself, I don't see any benefit as to adding you to my contact list.

I'm just fucking with ya I'll add you if I have time in the next couple of hours

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-04 21:23:01

I'm like back....Kinda... I was not really gone but I just didn't feel like like posting.. Anyways, checked back and saw I had 6 pages to read. Wouch! After some reading, a Blue Screen of Death, and more reading I had read it all.

anyways.
To the "Stick are for noobs" poeple: LOL! MWAHAAA! :3 I'll start with saying that many stick movies have made it to the top 50. How noobish is that? I mean, top 50, pffftt. That sucks. Right? <- Sarcasm if you didn't notice.

Stick animating and FB animating is totally different. For stick movies you need to know how to make it look smooth, good and a lot of shit and stuff. And more.. Uh.

For FB animating, you have to be good at drawing (Most people lack this), know how the program works and shitz. Don't have time to write all, it's 03:18 and I gotta watch Cloverfiel before bed >:[

My points are.
1. Both FB and Stick animating is -HARD-. None is more "noobish", if you are going to make a good either stick or FB movie, you gotta be good at making that kind of movie.

2. To the "FB is better than stick" people. BWAHA :3 We don't have master artists here (just some :3), I would rather go with a good, funny and intense stick movie instead of a boring, not to well animated or drawn full body movie.

Meh, am I being like a jerk or an asshole? Or do I just don't make any sense? Well I dunno cuz I've been writing for 7mins, haven't read through the text, it's 03:23 and I'm reeeeally tired :3

Btw, I should send my .fla to Mechasumthing-sumthing, right?
I've seen some people are against stick movies. Can they be co'd? If not, I'm outta here >:[ Stick animating is hard, and I don't like people who thinks it's noobish and don't deserve good stuffz.. Think of the people who can't draw very well. Or try to do a kickass stick movie yourself. It's even hard to come up with the moves in a stick fight. Bleh, Cloverfield, HERE I COME.

Btw, look out for the big wall of text (Is it big? Didn't read through it) up there, it might crush you o.o

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-05 00:20:57

Just checking in with an update of what I'm workin on for TF2: Will of Fire

Engy Dinner

The "Will of Fire" needs an ending and Engy Dinner will have hand movements during the conversation.

"A good pun is its own reword." My DeviantArt

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-05 01:06:12

At 4/5/08 12:20 AM, GCacti wrote: Just checking in with an update of what I'm workin on for TF2: Will of Fire

Engy Dinner

The "Will of Fire" needs an ending and Engy Dinner will have hand movements during the conversation.

Oh man that is SOOOOOO GOOD
also how the hell do you draw pyros I swear to god it's impossible

oh and Oouch, it's just that stick animating is like FB minus the drawing.
And being a proficient pivot user in my time (ages ago) I can certainly say that both require an equal amount of skill.
It's just when faced with developing plot and atmosphere, sticks have their limitations

Oh and Mechanix I'll draw us a nice portal bg and I have an AWESOME IDEA FOR A TF2 part
ORIGINS

[I Has A Hat]

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-05 01:32:27

At 4/5/08 12:20 AM, GCacti wrote: Just checking in with an update of what I'm workin on for TF2: Will of Fire

Engy Dinner

That is looking really sweet. Can't wait to see the finished version.

And for Oouch I don't really know what to say to that. I have already made my point on FBF and sticks and I'm way too lazy to do it again.

And Jimmick that would be awesome if you made a kickass background for the menu, I am having trouble making one for that section. My ideas for that keep falling apart. And as for the TF2 I am glad to see more people have been interested in making parts for it. It's probably only because we are lacking in that section for videos, but I don't really care I am just happy to see more for it.

Ok I have one really picky thing I want everone to do before you send me your parts. I want you to label your symbols with your username. All the parts I have recieved I have had to go and rename all of the symbols, and I think it took me about 2 hours to do them and that was only for the 3 videos I have gotten thus far. So PLEASE label your symbols, it will make it a fuck load easier for me to put the videos together. If you don' know what I am asking for here is an example;

If you have a symbol named "Heavy's head" just rename it to look like this "mechanixnut Heavy's head"

That is all I ask for, and I hope to see more parts either as a sample for people to see or the file sent to me so I can check your name off on the finished list. ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-05 02:30:55

I've renamed all my MC's
so now I'm doing my TF2 part AND my portal part at the same time
This portal part is shaping up to be really good, I just need a few sfx if you guys happen to know where to get them

- The background music from that episode of south park where they light their kindergarten teacher on fire (and they blame that other kid who goes to prison blade bladee blaa stan's mom's tits)

- TF2 fire sound (the ignitey noise)
- The sound you get when you're burning someone as pyro (it's like crispy crinkley kind of thing)
- That shwing noise that xgenstudios use (you know the guys that made stick rpg and defend your castle)
- The GCFscape directory to the various tf2 character's sound bytes (You know I COULD look but cbf someone just tell me the name of the folder)
- That skittering noise they use when dexter walks in the old dexter's lab cartoon (because I really can't be fucked doing walking cycles)

Also mechanix I am starting to work on our background, I need a favour, could you find a nice ambient sound loop, like a echoey computer room type thing, just with like wind and a beep boop every once in a while, if you can't that's find otherwise it'd be a HUGE help

Yeah I HATE sfx

[I Has A Hat]

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-05 02:31:51

Oh Oouch I forgot to mention that yes you do send the Fla. to me and also it isnt a guaruntee that you will get co-authored and that goes for everyone else including me. If your part is really good than you have a good chance of being co-authored. I'm sure we will do a vote based on the videos submitted as to who will get co-authored.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-05 02:36:11

At 4/5/08 02:30 AM, jimmick wrote: Also mechanix I am starting to work on our background, I need a favour, could you find a nice ambient sound loop, like a echoey computer room type thing, just with like wind and a beep boop every once in a while, if you can't that's find otherwise it'd be a HUGE help

Sorry jimmick I can't do any sounds, my sound card is fucked so I can't hear anything in anyones part. This really sux for me. That means you guys are going to have to make sure that your sounds are in perfect sync to what you need because I won't be able to fix them.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-05 05:56:01

Ok. Great. My sound is good and yes. I am also finding the TF2 part hard. Drawing is hard even though I have the game. But if I can pull it off it will be good. Not as good as the Engy dinner though. Good job man.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-05 06:11:00

At 4/5/08 05:56 AM, Morningdeath wrote: Ok. Great. My sound is good and yes. I am also finding the TF2 part hard. Drawing is hard even though I have the game. But if I can pull it off it will be good. Not as good as the Engy dinner though. Good job man.

Ok sweet for the sound thingy. I think that is the one particular reason that the TF2 parts have been very slowly filled. I hope to see you get a part done for there. Your stuff is good so keep it up.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-05 11:22:02

Here is my TF2 idea: (it is an advert for the spy mask)

Shows the product
Voice: U can be your very own spy with the spy disguise kit. Shock friends and family as you turn yourself into diffarent people. Renact bullies and get them into trouble. This kit will do all that for you.

Kid: Hey watch this!
(kid draws a stick head on the mask and puts it on) (he turns into a stick figure in front of his friend who is shocked)

Voice: Only 19.99 and if you buy 13 you will get the 14th free!

Really fast voice: There is no guarantee this product will work.

//
//
Thats it. NOw I need you guys to make the script perfect. cause i wrote this at like 3 am and i am tired so i need your help. Also give me feedback.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-05 15:04:55

At 4/5/08 11:22 AM, Morningdeath wrote: Here is my TF2 idea: (it is an advert for the spy mask)

Shows the product
Voice: U can be your very own spy with the spy disguise kit. Shock friends and family as you turn yourself into diffarent people. Renact bullies and get them into trouble. This kit will do all that for you.

Kid: Hey watch this!
(kid draws a stick head on the mask and puts it on) (he turns into a stick figure in front of his friend who is shocked)

Voice: Only 19.99 and if you buy 13 you will get the 14th free!

Really fast voice: There is no guarantee this product will work.

//
//
Thats it. NOw I need you guys to make the script perfect. cause i wrote this at like 3 am and i am tired so i need your help. Also give me feedback.

That's cool, and funny. Only thing: with the fast voice at the end, you should have it say, like, "Side effects may include..." and have like some terrible things listed, then "Consult your doctor before use" or somethin like that. It just makes it seem a little more like an add.

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-05 15:24:34

Nice script!

I LIEK EESTAH - Easter Collab '09

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-05 22:48:10

Thabks and i'll take your advice. Animation has begun on it and hopefuly I can pull it off.

BBS Signature