00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

musti727 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

993,372 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-27 20:36:34

hi
i guess id like to join ._.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-27 23:39:53

At 7/27/12 09:49 PM, Lizzardis wrote: stuff

I think we've all felt this but where to afraid to say it. The NGPD is ACTUALLY DEAD now along with the rest of Newgrounds all together to be honest. I certainly can't help but to blame myself as it was my shitty idea of a chat and allowing certain people who weren't members in it. With the horrifying death of said chat that caused the mods b&hammers to come millimeters of our noses we all got disheartened making us lose interest and it led to our inevitable downfall.

Which is why we can't let it die. We need to come back from this stronger than ever this time. Our job was to blam and protect and as God as my witness I won't stop until we've wiped every piece of shit from this great website forever together like we said we would. We need to be ruthless about this and we need to FORCE ourselves to do so. I've done it before and as you can see I didn't push hard enough.

I'll admit before I began typing all of this, I was about to agree and let us die. But then I went to the portal and saw what is in the picture below. The sudden fast rage that filled me helped me remember that it is our job to eradicate it. So we will. We will get back on our feet. I refuse to let us die this time. Maybe we'll die some day but that day is not today. We'll finish the flash and we'll get back on our feet stronger than ever this time. And this will only happen if we work to make it happen.

And hai, Lizzy.

Newgrounds Police Dept.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-28 00:31:09

Flash's 2 Part Response Letter.

At 7/27/12 09:49 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Maybe it's about time that the NGPD was laid to rest. I mean, as it stands, it's roughly over 1,000 pages if you count the old thread (Correct me if I'm wrong) and clubs do tend to die out every now and again. I mean look at the NGDD. At one point, it was a swarming community... Now... Newer users wouldn't have even heard of it.

NGDD tried a revival, but collapsed. To little users and just not having organization is what killed it. We are unlike them since we actually have a damn clue on whats going on and whats the purpose we have here.

I've had my time in this club. I've got my fond memories, and throughout it all, Tails was a user who kept it all together and was the blatant backbone to the structure of the club, and while yes, he could be replaced... Tails has shaped and formed this club in a time where the NG BBS in itself was a thriving community. Whereas now... It isn't. It will be extremely hard to bring back this club to the level that it once was in it's past days.

Tails is going to be near impossible to replace. Very few members can even live up to the rep Tails has going. If Tails go, I really can't see this place floating for long. Can someone lead? Yeah, but not to Tails standards.

The question is... Is there any point in trying all that?

Ah but here we are Lizz, fighting to survive. Admitting defeat now is an option, swallow our pride and put it to rest. But you can't bring a good man down, not like this anyway. Some might call it in while others will sit by this places death bed.

Now I'm not trying to be a pessimist here... All I'm saying is that... This club was going to die out one day for numerous reasons, and.... The potential isn't actually there any more. There's only a handful of users who actually post here any more. A roster hasn't been made in months, and.... Well... Life goes on.

There's to many cracks on the ship. Can they be fixed? No, but they can be covered. The loss of interest or just IRL is bound to arise in any user. It makes things...natural.

It is such a shame for the club to have to die, but wouldn't you rather let an old dog die with your memories and times that once where, than trying to force it to learn new tricks in order to try and make it what it once was? Because, I'm sorry guys... But it isn't going to happen.

Everything good comes to a end. Even the NG Mafia is struggling to remain alive these days. I heard those guys were actually seriously popular, or at least productive, back in the day.

I've supported this club for years now and have even been involved in numerous key decisions, hell, I was the roster manager for a long while, so in my personal opinion... Say your goodbyes and let the thread move on. The posts will still be there, and the memories will still be here, but the chances of making new ones are very slim.

Heh, I remember those days Lizz. Making me feel a little old there. I can say good bye to this place, right now if needed in fact. If there is anyone going to try to revive it, I will tag along. At least then, we can say we died trying rather then sitting around waiting for death to grab us.

But hey... This is just me. Uncle Lizz popping in, once in every blue moon.

Howdy Lizzy! Where the bloody hell have you been? Also, I recall you being a Dr.House fan. Thoughts about the finale?

At 7/27/12 08:36 PM, Viper50 wrote: hi

Holy shit, a new applicant! I might not be the boss here, as you can see leadership status here is rocky, but you seem to be in order. You got the badge, the required post. Now, I will not lie that you got some silly one liners but hell it tends to happen. May I make a suggestion? Stay away from General, since most of the topics there are nonproductive. I would take you but the decision does not rest with me.

At 7/27/12 11:39 PM, ilikeblamingcrap wrote:
I think we've all felt this but where to afraid to say it. The NGPD is ACTUALLY DEAD now along with the rest of Newgrounds all together to be honest. I certainly can't help but to blame myself as it was my shitty idea of a chat and allowing certain people who weren't members in it. With the horrifying death of said chat that caused the mods b&hammers to come millimeters of our noses we all got disheartened making us lose interest and it led to our inevitable downfall.

I put my two cents in the past about this. PM'ing was slower, but safer. The chat imploding on its self I think didn't scare anyone off, I for one figured the chat would bring issues. The downfall came because administration issues were the fucking problem on the chat. Stabbing your own comrades. Then, as we remember, some of us let the issue taint this very thread. It was all in the past, just bringing this up because I feel the chat wasn't the reason for this place falling apart.

Which is why we can't let it die. We need to come back from this stronger than ever this time. Our job was to blam and protect and as God as my witness I won't stop until we've wiped every piece of shit from this great website forever together like we said we would. We need to be ruthless about this and we need to FORCE ourselves to do so. I've done it before and as you can see I didn't push hard enough.

"At least [we] are doing something to help Newgrounds, even if it is a tiny bit. We may be only taking baby steps, but at least they're baby steps in the right direction. NGPD isn't about what we're doing, or what impact we're having, it's about what we're standing for: a perfect Newgrounds. This will never be achieved. The spammers, flamers and trolls will always be one step ahead of us, just like real life. No matter what measures we take, the world will still be full of hatred, war and crime, and that's one of the facts of life. But even if we get one abusive flash deleted, we'll have done something."

- Insanimation
I can't believe the NGPD HQ site is still up. Anyway, reading you little stance reminded me of this. I remember reading this when I joined, mind you this is almost around two years ago. Keeping shit out of this site will be near impossible. We can help, but not wipe it from existence. I do not want to kill the flame you got going, I'm just being rational like Insan. We can die fighting and that is the best we can offer.

I'll admit before I began typing all of this, I was about to agree and let us die. But then I went to the portal and saw what is in the picture below. The sudden fast rage that filled me helped me remember that it is our job to eradicate it. So we will. We will get back on our feet. I refuse to let us die this time. Maybe we'll die some day but that day is not today. We'll finish the flash and we'll get back on our feet stronger than ever this time. And this will only happen if we work to make it happen.

Still hung up on that Flash huh? You know, I hope you pull it off. Why? I want to see someone break that curse of the failed Flash project. We only get as far as just brain storming.

Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-28 00:47:36

At 7/27/12 06:16 PM, Narcissy wrote:
At 7/27/12 01:55 PM, 34Deadman wrote: This might be the case, but we still need a damn Co Ops. Prower has dropped off the face of the planet. I wouldn't mind delaying finding a new commish, but there needs to be somebody who has authority for second in charge around here. Unless, he is planning a return.
History has shown and will continue to show that if a leader is faulting on their duty, then it's up to the people to elect a new leader. If the people are unwilling to act, the whole nation falls.

People are panicky and unsure. A person is cunning and calm. If we have an election, it won't go anywhere due to all active members wanting to become in charge. More along the lines, we will eat each other alive before we get anywhere.

This, of course, is nowhere near as drastic as a nation and its leader, but the principal is the same. I would request that we, the left overs of the active, act as the club's people. It may not be standard procedure around here, but this isn't a standard time. This is a desperate time.

Drastic time? You don't say? Throwing sarcasm aside, we need to figure out a plan because we aren't going to make progress by sticking around and talking of what we will do.

From what I can see, you are waiting for your leader to act and your leader is waiting for you. This is a circle. I suggest we elect a new officer. Your decision should be held down to what you believe is right. Not most experienced, not who you like the most. Someone you believe has the true potential to take this dying club, gather its members, and bring it back to life.

Who do I think has the capability of grabbing this club and bring it to a decent form? Either Decky, Me, or Gamewiz. We will stick out a storm.

It's time to stop piddling. It's time to stop waiting for the club to hope back up, making guesses, complaining, and waiting for your reluctant leader. If you want this club to stand back up, you have to act. You have to take that initiative. It won't do it itself. Back when Soup Squad had a total of three members, if I had waited for Little-Rena to act or wait for the group to show a spark of life, I would have waited until its death-bed. Instead, I decided to make the group grow and it's at least five times its size and probably the only active flash crew on Newgrounds.

I think the hold up is that we want to see if Tails has, at least, a second in command in mind. Can we just elect our own? Sure, but I think we have grown used to the routine of Tails having a plan. The one time he doesn't have a plan is when we start losing our marbles...which is happening as we speak.

Point is, if you want this club to raise back up, you have to do it. You must decide as an individual that you want this group to grow. This group is a team, yes. But this team is full of single persons. You, as a single, must decide to bring it back to life. Even if you're all alone, treat it as if it's alive and full.

Hah, Decky and I were chatting to each other when this place was really dead. As for a individual taking over, there's about three guys offering(including myself).

I am curious Narc, who can you see leading this place? You can say yourself for all I damn care. I just want an idea from you. As for a leader, I take we should take it to the PF and....fuck it. Something like this can't be discussed in a separate forum that has few active users. I believe we will have a better response here. We don't have time to dick around guys, we got a club to save.

Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-28 00:53:45

I would think that that's the exact attitude that kills clubs. Honestly, if people do as you suggest and let this place die, then all hope of revival goes straight out the window. But if instead there was an active and concerted effort to revive the NGPD, then there's that much better of a chance to get the place back up and running. And no, its not just the same old regulars posting here, hell a new applicant asked to join basically right after you posted (ahem, Tails). My point basically is that you miss every shot you don't take, whereas you always have the chance to score, no matter how small, if you at least try.

At 7/27/12 11:39 PM, ilikeblamingcrap wrote: I'll admit before I began typing all of this, I was about to agree and let us die. But then I went to the portal and saw what is in the picture below. The sudden fast rage that filled me helped me remember that it is our job to eradicate it. So we will. We will get back on our feet. I refuse to let us die this time. Maybe we'll die some day but that day is not today. We'll finish the flash and we'll get back on our feet stronger than ever this time. And this will only happen if we work to make it happen.

Here's the only one I've seen, also since when could you put spaces in your username?
http://jlkort.newgrounds.com/reviews

http://jlkort.newgrounds.com/reviews/

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-28 01:27:12

I suppose if we put this crew into hibernation mode until the whistle system gets back online, we could save this. We can't even do what we're meant to do here without being able to flag shit.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-28 03:38:17

At 7/27/12 08:36 PM, Viper50 wrote: hi

Since Tail's was here but didn't even take to checking into your application, I'll have a quick check over for ya :)

Badge: Check!
Post Quality: I'd say below average. Though I can see that you're able to give a well thought out post they aren't quite as often as I'd like to see. Grammar isn't to perfection either, but hell. I wasn't nearly up to snuff in my early days :P

I'm willing to (unofficially) give you an OK for apprenticeship. Apprenticeship is a week long trial period where we judge your activity and contribution to us here at the NGPD. At the end of the week all active members vote to decide whether or not you should become a permanent member. I'm sure you will (would) do fine considering how pretty much any on topic activity is positive at our current state.

Moving on

Guys, look at us. As we're speaking we're slowly bringing this place back. We've even attracted a new applicant! This is all very good news. Like Deadman said, the 3 people I'd say who are most fit to lead the group (Aside from our beloved, but unfortunately retiring, Tails </3) I'd say are Decky, Deadman, and myself. But unless we change the rules around... Decky is over qualified due to badge ranking. Any input for a decision from whoever reads this is greatly appreciated.

We need to keep the conversation and I guess voting here on Newgrounds. I don't even 100% know how to even log into the new PF, plus it's dead there anyway. The fact that we at least have SOME people here is reason enough to not move any part of the conversation to another forum. We can't fuck around, these are desperate times, and we're finally making some forward progress.

ILBC- PM me if you need ANY help with that Flash. I have some animation skills, and I'm totally willing to lend my voice. Let's get this thing off the ground and break that curse.

At 7/28/12 01:27 AM, TailsPrower wrote: I suppose if we put this crew into hibernation mode until the whistle system gets back online, we could save this. We can't even do what we're meant to do here without being able to flag shit.

Tails, putting this place into hibernation right now, will only kill it. Things are tough now. But we're the Newgrounds MOTHERFUCKING police department. We must persevere. Everyone, just keep a tab open with a blank PM to Wade while patrolling the portal. In the event that we (inevitably) come across an abusive submission, we can just simply copy the link and type up a reason there.

There's a time for everything good to die. But for the NGPD, that time isn't now. Let's get to work men.

Blammin' and Shit Postin'

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-28 05:41:22

At 7/28/12 12:47 AM, 34Deadman wrote: I am curious Narc, who can you see leading this place?

As for a personal opinion, I can't really have one. That's not because I'm unwilling to decide, but I came in last minute. Many of the users here seem capable, but I don't know the group's past, who did what, ect. But if someone has ideas and has basic website understanding -- controlling and administration, they may be good. But they also need something about them where when they talk people listen. Perhaps for a voice of reason from them, or they have such a huge reputation.

You can say yourself for all I damn care.

Ha, no. I don't mind helping out this group, because I like what it stands for. Or what it used to, anyway. I don't mind setting up nice little tools for the users to use on the site, and fetching ideas, but I don't think I'm someone you want running it.

I also feel that, going by what I seen, going to Private disqualified that official title. And I haven't exactly been around that long. Plus, I'd have a bias in the flash portal being the leader of a flash crew. Like a jury, there needs to be no conflict of interests.

However, I would make a hypocrite of myself to not vote for someone whilst encouraging a vote from others. I'll do some homework on users if needed and make a choice there. People who previously held a rank may be a good choice though. Are you wanting to not claim members as the leading officer due to them not having a police-level graphic planted on their profile? Or can members of the EGB run this outfit?

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-28 09:03:25

Well this place sure did get a lot of post since I was last online, even if they were about how inactive it usually is. Anyway, I don't think that we should let this place die and as for the leader situation I don't think that at the moment one is strictly needed. If we get new applicants (which I see my newspost got us at least one) we can just have a joint decision on here or via PMs.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-28 12:17:40

At 7/28/12 03:38 AM, Gamewiz wrote: Since Tail's was here but didn't even take to checking into your application, I'll have a quick check over for ya :)

Badge: Check!
Post Quality: I'd say below average. Though I can see that you're able to give a well thought out post they aren't quite as often as I'd like to see. Grammar isn't to perfection either, but hell. I wasn't nearly up to snuff in my early days :P

Yeah i know my grammar and post quality aren't as great as I would like them to be...

I'm willing to (unofficially) give you an OK for apprenticeship. Apprenticeship is a week long trial period where we judge your activity and contribution to us here at the NGPD. At the end of the week all active members vote to decide whether or not you should become a permanent member. I'm sure you will (would) do fine considering how pretty much any on topic activity is positive at our current state.

Well i'll see if i can be more active than i have been lately. Granted I AM on here pretty much all day everyday, but I still don't post anything or comment anywhere all that often...

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-28 13:59:23

At 7/28/12 03:38 AM, Gamewiz wrote: Tails, putting this place into hibernation right now, will only kill it. Things are tough now. But we're the Newgrounds MOTHERFUCKING police department. We must persevere. Everyone, just keep a tab open with a blank PM to Wade while patrolling the portal. In the event that we (inevitably) come across an abusive submission, we can just simply copy the link and type up a reason there.

There's a time for everything good to die. But for the NGPD, that time isn't now. Let's get to work men.

You haven't explained why this course of action would effectively kill the crew. Last I checked, nobody was b/p'ing so that really leaves reporting abusive submissions as our remaining venue of operations - which nobody is doing either since the whistle system is currently down. What are we left with? Idle banter? Nostalgia talks like what the Mafia's doing? I'd rather let this place go into slumber than force-feeding it empty calories. It might kill the NGPD, it might not.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-28 15:31:27

At 7/28/12 08:13 AM, Lizzardis wrote: It would be absurd to even suggest that a member of the EGB run the NGPD. The whole point of the NGPD is that everyone is the same

Perhaps. Though, many look at the NGPD as a baby group to the EGB. Kinda like a training grounds. There are professional wrestling companies that create training grounds under a different name. But the runners are contracted under the promotion. Wouldn't be too different from that.

Besides, many of posters here are EGB members. I, myself, though have never posted on the EGB, am a private.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-28 15:37:55

At 7/28/12 01:59 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 7/28/12 03:38 AM, Gamewiz wrote: Tails, putting this place into hibernation right now, will only kill it. Things are tough now. But we're the Newgrounds MOTHERFUCKING police department. We must persevere. Everyone, just keep a tab open with a blank PM to Wade while patrolling the portal. In the event that we (inevitably) come across an abusive submission, we can just simply copy the link and type up a reason there.

You haven't explained why this course of action would effectively kill the crew. Last I checked, nobody was b/p'ing so that really leaves reporting abusive submissions as our remaining venue of operations - which nobody is doing either since the whistle system is currently down. What are we left with? Idle banter? Nostalgia talks like what the Mafia's doing? I'd rather let this place go into slumber than force-feeding it empty calories. It might kill the NGPD, it might not.

The real question is how it wouldn't let it die. Lets face it, if we just abandon ship until the whistle system comes back, many will just simply forget about this place. Not to mention how we'll have to start off of these current conversations right back from square one. Take a head count...Again, ect ect.

Maybe hibernation wouldn't kill us, but it would sure set back what we've started, and make it quite difficult to try to revive. As far as I personally see it, saying that we're going into a hibernation state is essentially saying that we're going into a coma, only we may never bring it back to life. Essentially putting it's death bed temporarily on hold.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-29 17:18:37

34Deadman wrote: Stuff

Well, in all honesty, every commissioner and Unit OPs weve had has done their job with accuracy. Tails has the record for the longest active membership, as far as i know. Ive been Commissioner here before, its not a hard job if you know how to herd when you need to, lead when you need to, and give freedom and leniency if you need to.

If i may, i nominate Narcissy as a candidate for stand in Commissioner if Tails really is absent.

Closing the place isnt exactly the best idea, as the EGB would need to be reworked, which would basically make them a clone NGDD. So, for EGB and NGDD to be seperate, the NGPD needs to continue to be the place for the Police Ranks.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-30 17:43:09

I made a newspost the other day, if I need to add or change anything to it just let me know. Otherwise, feel free to show it around or make your own :3

Also, Angel, unfortunately narc is already at private rank (or higher?) and is over qualified for the job of Commish.. Plus, and I don't want to seem like I'm putting him down like he can't do it but.. He's already got his hands full keeping the Soup Squad in line ;P.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-08-02 21:36:31

This sounds great, I would love to be in this group.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-08-02 21:50:10

At 8/2/12 09:36 PM, razem wrote: This sounds great, I would love to be in this group.

You clearly haven't read what is required to apply to this club. Firstly you need to have between a combined save and blams total of 400 - 2499, which you don't have. Also you need at least 50 forum posts, which you just about have and also need a decent post quality, which you simply don't have. All of your post are no longer then a single line long. So basically it's a no.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-08-07 00:32:39

At 8/2/12 06:23 PM, MrCrawford wrote: I am now dictator perpetuo. Suck it.

Senatus Populusque Terranovus

Do you have any idea what happened to the last guy who tried that?

hint: he was lynched.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-08-07 13:53:50

At 8/7/12 12:32 AM, Spretznaz wrote: hint: he was lynched.

Though this is true it was a long time coming. I had to retreat to an attic as groups of death squads roamed the streets looking for pockets of resistance. Luckily I found solace in writing a journal of the events, a kind of diary if you will. I would whittle away the early hours franticly filling this book with the more trivial, light-hearted aspects of a day in a confined space.

Sadly they came to get me one day and I was hurried away to a secluded area where I was made to work for the Clock Crew, making crappy flashes under the name FrankClock.

I was released a few years later but let us never forget the horrors of those events and the pure evil that is SpiffyMasta. May we never see him again.

I joke of course.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-08-07 18:22:18

At 8/7/12 05:41 PM, dragoswrath wrote: Can I be on the force?

I see you've shown up with a police badge, and you've got the post count, but I already knew what my answer was before I checked your post history. Sorry, this crew doesn't need spammers.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-08-07 19:43:05

At 8/7/12 06:52 PM, dragoswrath wrote: But if this is because of my thing against bronies, I totally understand.

No, it's not. I'm pretty open of my stance against bronies. People just feel that we don't need users who can't take the BBS seriously. I'm not the best poster, but I have shown that I can post very well. Take some time, look at topics, and show you can put thought into your posts.

After that, come back, and you may be accepted. Not my place to say so, though.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-08-07 20:11:46

At 8/7/12 06:52 PM, dragoswrath wrote: I've only spammed once (I was intensely bored) . But if this is because of my thing against bronies, I totally understand.

No, I'm not so petty to deny you or anyone a fair and honest assessment simply because we don't see eye to eye on irrelevant matters (how you go about disagreeing, on the otherhand, does suggest aspects of your personality that I do consider). If I need to explain further to make my case, so be it. The NGPD only accepts those who have met all of the preliminary criteria as follows: b/p badge between security guard and police captain, at least 50 bbs posts, and a favorable verdict of the applicant's post quality by the head of the NGPD, currently yours truly.

The post quality is what barred you from becoming a successful recruit. You have a habit of not putting much thought into your posts and tend to slap on lots of pointless or spammy images, leading to pages of +1 ups and, by our standards, spam. There are quite a few posts that consisted of no more than a few words - if not just a single word. So there's little to suggest that you'd make a positive addition to the crew. I wanted to just stop after going through the first page of your recent posts but to be sure, I followed through with the standard 3 and that only solidified my initial thoughts. If you're serious about joining the NGPD, you'll need to make significant improvements in the way you go about yourself in the forums and prove to us that you can be a mature, thoughtful, and levelheaded member of the force.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-08-21 17:09:58

Portal moderators have been introduced recently, so I feel this will allow a more direct control of the portal. I honestly do not want to see this group die, as I have both had fun times with it, and the people in it. I feel that if we were able to get back into the swing of things, and return to the cause of the group, we would be able to being recruitment once more. If anyone has any questions about submissions that you are unsure of, please send them to me or one of the other portal mods so we can look it over to see if it is worthy of our judgement.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-08-22 01:17:46

At 8/21/12 05:09 PM, Sectus wrote: Portal moderators have been introduced recently, so I feel this will allow a more direct control of the portal.

How does this new system work? Are the whistles going to return soon? The way I see it, and do correct me if I'm mistaken, flagged submissions are viewed by portal mods who then call whether or not it should be deleted. I'm glad Portal mods are finally becoming a reality, but is there a source where we can learn more about this new system?

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-08-22 01:29:42

At 8/22/12 01:17 AM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 8/21/12 05:09 PM, Sectus wrote: Portal moderators have been introduced recently, so I feel this will allow a more direct control of the portal.
How does this new system work? Are the whistles going to return soon? The way I see it, and do correct me if I'm mistaken, flagged submissions are viewed by portal mods who then call whether or not it should be deleted. I'm glad Portal mods are finally becoming a reality, but is there a source where we can learn more about this new system?

As it stands, the flagging system is currently not added and nonfunctional as usual. For the moment we are able to remove portal submissions that are deemed abusive once agreed upon by the rest of the team. I sent Tom a message asking if flagging has been scrapped or not, and am currently awaiting his response, however.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-08-22 02:12:25

At 8/22/12 01:29 AM, Sectus wrote: As it stands, the flagging system is currently not added and nonfunctional as usual. For the moment we are able to remove portal submissions that are deemed abusive once agreed upon by the rest of the team. I sent Tom a message asking if flagging has been scrapped or not, and am currently awaiting his response, however.

It's better than nothing, that's for sure. I'm trying to work out how the NGPD thread can help. I think one way we can help pertains to suspected stolen submissions; if you guys come across a submission that you think is stolen, post it here and we'll try to dig up something that could amount to concrete proof which will help portal mods make the right decisions.
For flashes that are unsuitable, I'd normally say PM'ing a portal mod is ideal if you're not sure whether or not a submission is abusive. However it's unreasonable to expect them to be constantly available to confirm anything. Here we have some experienced operatives, yours truly included, who can help verify the abusiveness of suspicious submissions before you take it up to a mod - even then I'd probably encourage you to run it through the Pmods to be sure.

I don't want this thread to tilt the scales for any Portal Mods though. But I trust that each of them can think independently enough to take our input objectively and make the best decisions based on whatever we can deliver.

It seems this is how we're going to operate for the time being until the whistle system is reimplemented... if it ever is.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-08-22 02:19:10

At 8/22/12 02:12 AM, TailsPrower wrote: It seems this is how we're going to operate for the time being until the whistle system is reimplemented... if it ever is.

I honestly hope that they do add on the whistle system. It would make things way easier for us when it comes to finding flashes that aren't suitable. For now, I encourage all of you to simply report flashes that seem to be against the rules to myself, or some of the other portal moderators via the PM system. If an easier way to do this is developed, we will switch to that.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-08-22 02:23:52

At 8/22/12 01:29 AM, Sectus wrote:

I sent Tom a message asking if flagging has been scrapped or not, and am currently awaiting his response, however.

I know he said something about it recently, I'll be back...
10 minutes later...Found it!

At 8/2/12 02:15 PM, Screwit wrote:

:: Thomas my boy,are you gonna bring back the "flag" feature on the movie portal cause that seemed to have been dropped.
:: But the art portal has flag though?

The Art Portal system is gonna be adapted for movies, games and audio. It's just been held up in the queue.

Also, does this mean the NGPD's back in business? I would think that more people would look for/post abuse here if they knew that it's being dealt with far more effectively.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-08-22 02:34:33

At 8/22/12 02:23 AM, Spretznaz wrote:

'Scuse me while I go bang my head against a wall for not using the preview button I took the time to add.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-08-22 09:09:33

At 8/22/12 02:34 AM, Spretznaz wrote: 'Scuse me while I go bang my head against a wall for not using the preview button I took the time to add.

Preview button? What preview button? I have no idea what is going on anymore! Hahaha anyway I'm glad to see that we have new mods to help fight the crap that gets put up here on a daily basis. Congrats to Sectus for being one of the lucky few to get these new golden auras. Hopefully more of us will get the chance :).

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature