00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vie64 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Command & Conquer thread

10,553 Views | 118 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-06-23 01:51:47

At 3/20/08 10:40 PM, squidly wrote:
Red Alert: Hello comrade! In this world the Allied pigs have eliminated Hitler from history, so World War 2 never happened, and letting Stalin go on without oposition, made the Mother Land the ultimate power! And so the Cold War takes a new path in this 1970 battle royal between the Soviets, and the Allies.

omg dude.....I can remember playing "Command & Conquer: Red Alert: Retaliation" as a little kid.....

pretty good at it too =)

thanks for the sig Phobotech

BBS Signature

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-06-29 01:15:00

Personally I always loved Red Alert and Tiberian Sun. THose games wrote the book to my childhood (that and Diablo)

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-06-29 01:16:22

At 4/5/08 04:36 PM, Ledgey wrote: Need to play Red Alert with someone sometime, best C&C game ever.

Ill play you... only problem is that I dont understand the whole thing with the connection... am i retarded?

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-07-12 19:03:11

At 6/29/08 01:16 AM, Spikrodd wrote:
At 4/5/08 04:36 PM, Ledgey wrote: Need to play Red Alert with someone sometime, best C&C game ever.
Ill play you... only problem is that I dont understand the whole thing with the connection... am i retarded?

Hadn't all the servers shut down after Westwood closed down?
Or is EA still keeping them up?

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-07-12 19:47:49

At 3/20/08 10:56 PM, liquidfire666 wrote: tiberium wars was so lame beacuse NOD sucked so much it was way to unbalened it was like GDI had all the good vehicals and ground units and Scin had the greatest aircrafts but NOD had nothing dont you agree

yeah maybe you just cant play them for shit, your not suposed to go head on like with GDI, your supposed to weaken them with stealth then move in with High Tier units.

"Your job is not do die for your country, your job is to see to it that the other son of a bitch dies for HIS country" -General George S. Patton

BBS Signature

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-07-13 14:22:28

I play the original and Red Alert 1 the most.
Every now and then I play Tiberian Sun or Yuri's Revenge

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-07-13 14:52:12

I played Renegade for awhile on GameSpot but there seemed to be one guy there who had a monopoly on the servers. Naturally I was a good sniper so they accused me of cheating a lot and I was often spending my time appealing bans on his little forum.

The game is dead now, I don't think anybody really uses it but it was an awesome game. If you ask me, the demo was the best online play, the other levels sort of sucked.

{It is not ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests}

BBS Signature

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-07-13 17:27:53

quick question...on c&c kane wrath..some of the units have larger circles round them..what do they mean? I kno you have the unit selected circle, but then theres a larger one. hope you know what I mean

Gamertag: Akradon

BBS Signature

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-07-13 17:41:37

i think generals is the best the tiberium one is too futurey but i do like jet packs
( .)_( )
( O.O )
( . )
''''''''''''''''

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-07-13 18:40:45

C&C was awesome when Westwood still owned it. But I still love them. Got a trial code from Kane's Wrath when I bought it for Red Alert, should really register with it soon =P. Looking forward to it.

BBS Signature

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-07-13 22:34:55

At 7/13/08 05:27 PM, Akradon wrote: quick question...on c&c kane wrath..some of the units have larger circles round them..what do they mean? I kno you have the unit selected circle, but then theres a larger one. hope you know what I mean

Area of influence or range of effect.
Units like the purifier give a inspirational boost to infantry around them.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-07-14 01:05:12

At 3/20/08 11:04 PM, Heinrich wrote: I bought a collection of command and conquer games from EB Games for $10.

I got:
-Red Alert 2
-Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge

God i wish i could play Red Alert again. It only works on windows 98 though, and i have an xp, soon to be vista

is there no way around this???

RAWR.

BBS Signature

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-07-14 01:20:45

At 7/14/08 01:05 AM, TheWolfe wrote: God i wish i could play Red Alert again. It only works on windows 98 though, and i have an xp, soon to be vista

is there no way around this???

I heard that you can:
Right click.
Run as Administrator.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-07-14 22:38:01

I heard that you can:
Right click.
Run as Administrator.

I own my own laptop, therefore i AM the admin...i dont see how that solves the problem of the game only running on windows 98 and i have XP

RAWR.

BBS Signature

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-07-14 23:01:02

Tiberium Sun would have to be the game out of the series with the most hours put in from me, most of which were online back in the days when it was active. Some of those mod maps with extreme amounts of money and base walls took forever. NOD with their stealth and artilleray had a clear advantage if they weren't stomped quickly.

I've been playing C&C since the first release though. Never eneded up buying the original Red Alert but I borrowed it from the video store that many times and played it at a mates house. I did however get RA: Retaliation which was pretty sweet. I also have all of the other titles, but not their expansions except for Firestorm.

Looking forward to RA3, the bears look like an addition awesome considering that Stalin experimented with a lot of that sort of stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-07-15 00:03:58

At 7/14/08 10:38 PM, TheWolfe wrote:
I heard that you can:
Right click.
Run as Administrator.
I own my own laptop, therefore i AM the admin...i dont see how that solves the problem of the game only running on windows 98 and i have XP

You have to run it as the administrator.
It's forcing the program to run, it's saying "I AM THE OWNER OF THIS COMPUTER, YOU WILL DO AS I COMMAND, NO MATTER WHAT MY COMPUTER IS!"

Or you can get the Ps1 port, I think there is somebody working on PSP port too.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-07-15 00:14:44

ive got...
Red Alert 1
Red Alert 2
Yuri's Revenge
Genreals
Tiberian sun
Firestorm
but i am sorta bored with the C&C series....
im into COD4 at the moment....

Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you are still a retard.

BBS Signature

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-07-16 04:40:32

At 7/15/08 12:14 AM, jimmythehedgehog wrote: ive got...
Red Alert 1
Red Alert 2
Yuri's Revenge
Genreals
Tiberian sun
Firestorm
but i am sorta bored with the C&C series....
im into COD4 at the moment....

You should try Command and Conquer it's the best one out of the series.

On the quest to rid this world from World of Warcraft

My Newgrounds account ---- Command and Conquer Crew ---- Computer Construction Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-07-19 00:52:01

i love the C&C games, red alert 3 looks kick ass :)

but i hated how EALA broke kane's wrath. the patch is awsome...untill the economy change of it came into play witch killed the game. harvesters = to easilly killed by anything with rockets. they better come out with 1 more patch to fix the costs of refineries and harvesters

but other then that red alert is the best universe in the seris. RA1 is my personal favorite and have a mod for renegade called A Path Beyond witch is a FPS take on RA1 (extreamly fun :D)

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-07-19 03:50:53

At 7/19/08 12:52 AM, madrox8 wrote: i love the C&C games, red alert 3 looks kick ass :)

Without Prisms, Gaps, mind control, or nukes.

but i hated how EALA broke kane's wrath. the patch is awsome...untill the economy change of it came into play witch killed the game. harvesters = to easilly killed by anything with rockets. they better come out with 1 more patch to fix the costs of refineries and harvesters

Economy sucks now, 3000 FOR A REFINERY, 2000 FOR A HARVESTOR, WHAT THE FUCK?

but other then that red alert is the best universe in the seris. RA1 is my personal favorite and have a mod for renegade called A Path Beyond witch is a FPS take on RA1 (extreamly fun :D)

You mean the game that I have been advertising for the last 4 pages?
What's your APB name?
Mine is squidly.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-07-19 03:55:35

ive seen a trailer for ra3, n im not too sure about it. I used to play RA2 and yuris revenge all the time, but now I love the look of CnC3 and kanes wrath. Maybe im not used to the different look in graphics, but its not reali making me interested as it used to.

Gamertag: Akradon

BBS Signature

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-07-20 17:10:18

I liked YR a lot because there were new units,teams,selectable start points,more maps and a new race/team.. YURI! Renegade was addicting until I couldn't beat one of the levels. Generals: Zero Hour was good. The easiest way to win skirmish was to be China Infantry, get Black Lotus and hack everything from buildings, to buildings :D

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-07-29 20:30:42

At 7/20/08 05:10 PM, TheJungleBunny wrote: I liked YR a lot because there were new units,teams,selectable start points,more maps and a new race/team.. YURI! Renegade was addicting until I couldn't beat one of the levels. Generals: Zero Hour was good. The easiest way to win skirmish was to be China Infantry, get Black Lotus and hack everything from buildings, to buildings :D

You're the first person I have met (aside from me) that says Yuri's revenge was good.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-08-18 17:26:18

The only thing i didnt like about Yuri's Revenge was the Yuri Clone voices. So i changed them back to the original RA2 yuri's.
I liked all of the C&C games, i still play C&C Tiberian Dawn. And i did like Renegade, except that i seemed to have a lot of trouble getting online.
I am willing to play anyone in any of them except for C&C 3as i lost that game
Oh, speaking of C&C 3, i am quite pissed that they never made the halo mod for C&C 3 on the PC.

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-08-18 19:50:01

note: if you buy the first decade you get command and conquer, C&C red alert, Red alert 2, yuri's revenge, renagade, tiberian sun,TS:firestorm and generals;gen.zero hour.
yah C&C and red alert never gets boring cuz theres always stuff to do in it.

I thought i was your only vato

BBS Signature

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-09-29 23:32:34

At 8/18/08 07:50 PM, somedude294 wrote: note: if you buy the first decade you get command and conquer, C&C red alert, Red alert 2, yuri's revenge, renagade, tiberian sun,TS:firestorm and generals;gen.zero hour.
yah C&C and red alert never gets boring cuz theres always stuff to do in it.

You can never stop experamenting with the possiblities in Red Alert 2, there's always something new to try, and with that comes a whole new strategy!

Ever tried using psychic on a random pedestrian and exploring with him?
What about a mind controlling a school bus, filling it up with troops, and unloading it in the nearest building to the enemies base?
Or forcing your enemy to commit suicide by robbing all his money with a spy, and then killing all his ore trucks?
Or making a whole entire spy army, then moving it into your enemies base? You could even make a whole entire base with spies!

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-09-30 00:17:07

Teleporting 5 crazy ivan IFVs with tnt attached into an enemy base > nuke.

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-09-30 11:15:16

Can you get online with Renegade anymore? I havent been able to myself for basicly a year : (

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-09-30 11:38:15

My fav would be tiberium sun + hydra missions. I loved Red alert 2 but youri's revenge was really crappy I didn't like it at all...

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-09-30 11:43:51

Only played Red alert 2, C and C 3 and Kane's wrath.

Red alert was really fun to play, although the game runs super fast on my comp which can be slightly annoying.

Kane's wrath was fun to play however depsite having 9 playable races, they were basically 3 races and the other 6 were clones of the original 3.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature