00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ctsg Collab

101,801 Views | 2,149 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-18 09:48:52

At 3/17/08 07:56 PM, Rig wrote: Britishmoose has gone silent and I still haven't found anyone to take over from Lambinvoker. As of now, I'm scrapping the deadline. If you wanna keep working on your part, go ahead. Make it awesome.

When someone comes along to replace Lambinvoker, I'll set another deadline. :P
Could you guys post updates/demos as to where your part is at?

This looks like an awesome collab, and it looks like you guys need extra animators? Where do I sign?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-18 09:59:51

At 3/18/08 09:48 AM, Catoblepas wrote: This looks like an awesome collab, and it looks like you guys need extra animators? Where do I sign?

I hope they let you in this collab. Your animating skills are insane!

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-18 11:51:18

At 3/18/08 09:48 AM, Catoblepas wrote: This looks like an awesome collab, and it looks like you guys need extra animators? Where do I sign?

Right at the bottom of this paper, in your blood.
So you want to join? :D! If you do, you'll be taking 1:30-1:45 - Father-Of-Death. Here's what Lambinvoker came up with before he dropped out.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-18 12:07:43

At 3/18/08 11:51 AM, Rig wrote:
Right at the bottom of this paper, in your blood.
So you want to join? :D! If you do, you'll be taking 1:30-1:45 - Father-Of-Death. Here's what Lambinvoker came up with before he dropped out.

All right! That piece of music is already giving me inspiration! I'll start working on this right away!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-19 05:25:52

I glad you guys were able to replace me without too much trouble. I wish you all luck.

I'm no artist. I'm a talentless hack who loves to doodle/animate from time to time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-19 13:33:52

All right! That piece of music is already giving me inspiration! I'll start working on this right away!

Thanks and welcomez Catoblepas for taking Lambinvoker piece in our time of need. =]

I glad you guys were able to replace me without too much trouble. I wish you all luck.
Oh no! We went through too much trouble.

Agreed.

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-19 15:57:39

At 3/19/08 05:25 AM, Lambinvoker wrote: I wish you all luck.

I read that quickly and thought you had just wished us all "fuck" D:
Thanks for the fuck, I'll need it. Best of fuck to you to.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-19 17:04:22

At 3/19/08 03:57 PM, Rig wrote:
At 3/19/08 05:25 AM, Lambinvoker wrote: I wish you all luck.
I read that quickly and thought you had just wished us all "fuck" D:
Thanks for the fuck, I'll need it. Best of fuck to you to.

hehehe, I can totally see that becoming rule 11 or something x3
Im glad we've gotten ourselves a new animator! <3

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-20 04:32:40

How many parts are done?

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-20 18:17:05

I'm starting to like this collab. Here's my piece. What do y'all think?

First time I've ever done lip synching.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-20 19:06:08

At 3/20/08 06:17 PM, Catoblepas wrote: I'm starting to like this collab. Here's my piece. What do y'all think?

Pretty sweet stuff! I like it! :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-20 21:34:23

At 3/20/08 06:17 PM, Catoblepas wrote: I'm starting to like this collab. Here's my piece. What do y'all think?

Looks cool! I don't know if you've heard about this, but we're really trying to tie all the pieces together with cool transitions that blend together, like rising up through the ground from hell to street level and running through an explosion and all that. Talk to the people on either side of you so you can discuss some creative methods :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-20 21:40:22

At 3/20/08 07:06 PM, adman1993 wrote:

Pretty sweet stuff! I like it! :P

yeah, it's cool. Who's got the parts before/after you, for transitions?

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-21 06:24:10

At 3/20/08 09:40 PM, WritersBlock wrote: yeah, it's cool. Who's got the parts before/after you, for transitions?

Let's see. BritishMoose before me and Shortmonkey after.

Does anybody know what's BritishMoose's part like? And Shortmonkey, what kind of transition should I make in the end of my part?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-21 14:17:08

I'm doing a really good job procrastinating the last half second of my toon! I still have yet to touch it since my last post. Regardless, I'll have it done by tonight :P

Also, I believe whirl guy is transitioning from my part for the end? Just letting you know, I plan on doing a white fade out, so you can have yours fade in from white... as for who ever is before me, I plan on fading in from black, but if you have an idea that will transition better just let me know.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-21 16:57:02

Yeah, Im done too.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-21 17:10:55

At 3/21/08 02:17 PM, Quarl wrote: I'm doing a really good job procrastinating the last half second of my toon! I still have yet to touch it since my last post. Regardless, I'll have it done by tonight :P

Also, I believe whirl guy is transitioning from my part for the end? Just letting you know, I plan on doing a white fade out, so you can have yours fade in from white... as for who ever is before me, I plan on fading in from black, but if you have an idea that will transition better just let me know.

hehe, dont get confused. Im the ender in the song, the starter in the animation. You should talk to BlazingGamer to discuss your ending:3

Wow guys, looks like we're getting close to finishing this! =D
Im getting impatient, I wanna get to work again! >_<

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-21 22:47:47

At 3/21/08 05:10 PM, Whirlguy wrote:
At 3/21/08 02:17 PM, Quarl wrote: I'm doing a really good job procrastinating the last half second of my toon! I still have yet to touch it since my last post. Regardless, I'll have it done by tonight :P

hehe, dont get confused. Im the ender in the song, the starter in the animation. You should talk to BlazingGamer to discuss your ending:3

Wow guys, looks like we're getting close to finishing this! =D
Im getting impatient, I wanna get to work again! >_<

Hey Quarl, I started my piece with a kick. If you want, look at my part and see if you can work with that. If not, I can change the beginning of my part to just the POW part hanging. Is that kool with you?

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-21 22:51:54

ATTN: TOXIC >:C

Have you done the ground? if so can I see it :3

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-23 18:08:00

Finished sort of.

There's still a few things I want to clean up, but it's done for the most part. Who's ever in front of/ before me, note the transitions. The intro is a black fade in and the outro is a white fade out. It's simple, but very effective. So I'm guessing brit moose is gonna want the fla. eventually?

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-23 19:15:22

At 3/23/08 06:08 PM, Quarl wrote: Finished sort of.

There's still a few things I want to clean up, but it's done for the most part. Who's ever in front of/ before me, note the transitions. The intro is a black fade in and the outro is a white fade out. It's simple, but very effective. So I'm guessing brit moose is gonna want the fla. eventually?

Hey thats an awesome job man! =D

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-23 22:53:27

At 3/23/08 07:15 PM, Whirlguy wrote:
At 3/23/08 06:08 PM, Quarl wrote: Finished sort of.

Hey thats an awesome job man! =D

Yeah, nice dude. And here, I think this would fit to the transition of your video to mine.

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-23 23:11:00

At 3/23/08 10:53 PM, BlazingGamer wrote:
Yeah, nice dude. And here, I think this would fit to the transition of your video to mine.

turn that pow into a shape or a symbol and have it zoom in from a really small magnification at a really quick rate. for added sexyness, tween it larger and smaller as if recoiling from the whiplash of an instant stop... of course it doesn't have to do that, but it would make me happy :)

Also, you might hate me for saying this, but you might want to clean your portion of the toon up a little bit. Sometimes simplicity is more important than detail. Over complicating things tends to lead the viewer confused. An example of that would be the blimp at the end. I had trouble reading it because it was moving a bit too much. You should save your fla as a new title now and experiment with some of your details a little. If you don't like the changes, you can always just use the original file.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-23 23:35:20

At 3/23/08 11:11 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 3/23/08 10:53 PM, BlazingGamer wrote:
turn that pow into a shape or a symbol and have it zoom in from a really small magnification at a really quick rate. for added sexyness, tween it larger and smaller as if recoiling from the whiplash of an instant stop... of course it doesn't have to do that, but it would make me happy :)

Also, you might hate me for saying this, but you might want to clean your portion of the toon up a little bit. Sometimes simplicity is more important than detail. Over complicating things tends to lead the viewer confused. An example of that would be the blimp at the end. I had trouble reading it because it was moving a bit too much. You should save your fla as a new title now and experiment with some of your details a little. If you don't like the changes, you can always just use the original file.

It's kool. I could do that. And yeah, I thought the blimp thing would be a little hard to read and such. But, if I laid it still, it would look... well... normal. And I was aiming for something unique. Let's see what I can manage up.

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-23 23:39:18

*Sits in corner chewing gum until I am noticed again.*

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-24 00:00:14

At 3/23/08 11:39 PM, Night-Mare wrote: *Sits in corner chewing gum until I am noticed again.*

Peek a BOO!!! I notice YOU!!! =]

And here is what I came up with Quarl, what da ya think? I kinda don't get what you mean when you said "clean your portion of the toon up a little bit."

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-24 00:13:41

I CANNOT MAKE MY ENDING WITHOUT KNOWING HOW I AM MAKING THE TRANSITION >:C

I would seriously just rather making him go into the "Heaven" portal and making it fade to white.

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-24 00:28:42

At 3/24/08 12:00 AM, BlazingGamer wrote:
At 3/23/08 11:39 PM, Night-Mare wrote: *Sits in corner chewing gum until I am noticed again.*
Peek a BOO!!! I notice YOU!!! =]

And here is what I came up with Quarl, what da ya think? I kinda don't get what you mean when you said "clean your portion of the toon up a little bit."

starting to look better. You might not get what I mean when I say "clean up" because you might see your segment as perfect, but from where I'm looking, it looks a little dirty... I think you're aiming for a vinnie veritas vibe, which is by all means a dirty gritty style, but in some instances, the perspectives are off and the proportions are messy.

That one shot where the guy is in that block room and there's the "ctsg" collab graffiti on the wall is exactly what I'm talking about. Try eliminating the background's vanishing point and have just a wall instead of a three wall +ground and ceiling perspective. You can keep the graffiti on the wall if you think it's necessary, but I'd mush rather see some cracks in the wall then sub par graffiti. If you keep the ctsg graffiti, elaborate it a bit and make it look like real good graffiti. I have a huge respect for good graffiti artists and seeing graffiti that bad makes me feel a little sick. No offense, just commenting.

Also, in the shot almost right after where he does that colorful little power blast thing... take the circular lines off the walls. I'm not sure what you're doing with those, but they don't help the perspective out. For all the frame by frame lines... touch those up and make them solid or something. Being able to see the brushstrokes isn't a good thing... unless your going for a pseudo impressionist flash style.

That fade with the red circular gradient is another thing that doesn't look right to me. you might want to make a frame by frame transition... or just a cleaner looking shape to tween. Dunno... do you know how to fade shapes and symbols? Because fading to a white screen then fading out into that black and white facial shot might be effective. A general rule of thumb that tends to work for me is to fade in and out, all the time, lol.

Also, I'm sorry if this feels like a hard bit of feedback. Understand that I'm a university art student, and that critiques are a part of all my assignments and projects. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, I'm just trying to help :)

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-24 00:34:50

Seems as if people only respond to updates..
OKAY THEN HAVE IT YOUR WAY >:C

HERES A FUCKING UPDATE

The Ctsg Collab

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-24 01:15:17

At 3/24/08 12:34 AM, Night-Mare wrote: Seems as if people only respond to updates..
OKAY THEN HAVE IT YOUR WAY >:C

HERES A FUCKING UPDATE

Do you want a crit or something? What type of response are you looking for? Is this good enough for you? I'm sorry, but I missed the last page and I'm too lethargic to press the page button at the top of the screen to read up on what you were looking for... seriously though. That would require so much work on my behalf...

Link me to the previous page/ scratch my balls for me?

quarl BandCamp