00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ctsg Collab

101,798 Views | 2,149 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-24 01:24:15

At 3/24/08 01:15 AM, Quarl wrote:
At 3/24/08 12:34 AM, Night-Mare wrote: Seems as if people only respond to updates..
OKAY THEN HAVE IT YOUR WAY >:C

HERES A FUCKING UPDATE
Do you want a crit or something? What type of response are you looking for?

He wants Toxic to give him the ground or something.
Night-Mare, just calm down and wait for him to respond...maybe you could send him a PM :P

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-24 09:21:37

At 3/24/08 12:13 AM, Night-Mare wrote: I CANNOT MAKE MY ENDING WITHOUT KNOWING HOW I AM MAKING THE TRANSITION >:C

I would seriously just rather making him go into the "Heaven" portal and making it fade to white.

http://www.swfup.com/file/127187
Theres his flash. Now make up a transition.
Not satisfied? Here's a download link:
http://www.swfup.com/uploads/swf-127187.
swf

Import it in flash if you will.
It's not that hard..

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-24 09:30:07

Didn't help..

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-24 11:27:27

At 3/24/08 09:30 AM, Night-Mare wrote: Didn't help..

Why not? Could you be more specific?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-24 11:31:59

At 3/24/08 11:27 AM, Whirlguy wrote:
Why not? Could you be more specific?

Well, how would the ground rise from the way he started his animation?

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-24 13:10:30

At 3/24/08 09:21 AM, Whirlguy wrote:
http://www.swfup.com/file/127187
Theres his flash. Now make up a transition.
Not satisfied? Here's a download link:
http://www.swfup.com/uploads/swf-127187.
swf
Import it in flash if you will.
It's not that hard..

ok, so thats the guy thats before me... well...hmmm...

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-24 18:36:30

Also, I'm sorry if this feels like a hard bit of feedback. Understand that I'm a university art student, and that critiques are a part of all my assignments and projects. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, I'm just trying to help :)

Nah dude. It's kool. I'm fairly new too flash and I need some critique on my work. Even I think it's dull. I need the right help to make myself better and from what you said really helps me. I gotta practice more on my proportion and work on my perspectives. Thanks man. I'll try and see if I can "clean up" my mess. =]

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-24 19:55:03

After reading bits of this topic I've learned that Britishmoose won't reveal his part to anybody. Therefore transition is not possible.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-24 20:03:35

At 3/24/08 07:55 PM, Catoblepas wrote: After reading bits of this topic I've learned that Britishmoose won't reveal his part to anybody. Therefore transition is not possible.

I'll ask/force him. Don't worry, lol

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-24 20:41:31

Eyeah... that's been bugging me... deadlines tomorrow. I know he'll have his part done (or at least that's what Rig's reassured me) but I'm still a bit skeptical. In the song, Rig's part was the big explosion of awesomeness. I can only pray that brit pulls out a huge home run...

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-24 21:37:49

At 3/24/08 08:41 PM, Quarl wrote: Eyeah... that's been bugging me... deadlines tomorrow. I know he'll have his part done (or at least that's what Rig's reassured me) but I'm still a bit skeptical. In the song, Rig's part was the big explosion of awesomeness. I can only pray that brit pulls out a huge home run...

Thought there was no deadline now?

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-24 21:50:54

At 3/24/08 09:37 PM, BlazingGamer wrote:

what?

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-24 23:18:36

At 3/24/08 09:50 PM, Quarl wrote:
what?

Um, I kinda scrapped the deadline. Once I get updates from everyone, I'll set a new one.
Sorry, I thought you knew. :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-24 23:44:47

At 3/24/08 11:18 PM, Rig wrote:
At 3/24/08 09:50 PM, Quarl wrote:
what?
Um, I kinda scrapped the deadline. Once I get updates from everyone, I'll set a new one.
Sorry, I thought you knew. :P

Lolz. Yep. And I kinda figured out what you wanted Quarl. I redid the background with the walls and crap and added a better graffiti symbol. I also did a little transition with two black walls crossing and then undoing to another scene.

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-25 04:09:16

Whoa, sorry guys. I was getting REALLY worried, because i thought the deadline was today.
Anyway, here's the pretty much finished version.
CTSG: almost done.
Just need to do the transition, and maybe i might have the robot at the end. Also Night-mare, its pretty easy to do the ground up transition, it will just take time.
Rig, i need to know when the deadline is, so i don't panic. I'll be in China in two weeks time. And Quarl, originally i had disco lights, 'coz i though thats what yours started with, but now its just a black fade.

My Art Thread! || Flash Reg Lounge! || CTSG Collab! :'( //

"And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun, for the people who are still alive..."

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-25 04:23:57

Whoa, sorry guys. I was getting REALLY worried, because i thought the deadline was today.
Anyway, here's the pretty much finished version.
CTSG: almost done.
Just need to do the transition, and maybe i might have the robot at the end. Also Night-mare, its pretty easy to do the ground up transition, it will just take time.
Rig, i need to know when the deadline is, so i don't panic. I'll be in China in two weeks time. And Quarl, originally i had disco lights, 'coz i though thats what yours started with, but now its just a black fade.

"And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun, for the people who are still alive..."

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-25 04:32:39

Okay, so toxic, we will choose a ground colour, and all you have to do is make that ground go down on the screen or something k? we won't have the little things in the ground, too hard.

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-25 06:57:39

At 3/24/08 12:13 AM, Night-Mare wrote: I CANNOT MAKE MY ENDING WITHOUT KNOWING HOW I AM MAKING THE TRANSITION >:C
I would seriously just rather making him go into the "Heaven" portal and making it fade to white.

So did or didnt you finish your part? I mean.. Are you worried about your ending or his beginning?

At 3/24/08 11:31 AM, Night-Mare wrote: Well, how would the ground rise from the way he started his animation?

Not sure.
Is this part of your animation or his? If you think the cooporation sucks so much, you can always look for alternative ideas. Here are some ideas for you:
- Ask Toxic to animate an angel falling from the sky in the background. Best would be to start his animation zooming out from it.
- Import his swf in flash or take a screenshot of his first frame(I'd do that). Make a vertically long brown rectangle with a width of 550. This will be dirt. At the bothom of this rectangle draw some stalectites, in the middle of it draw some skulls or twigs, worms, bones, stones.. Whatever has gotten stuck there. At the top of this tectangle you will put the first frame of toxic's scene(Only you will have to draw the bothom yourself. No sweat). Now motiontween this rectangle all the way to the top.

Stuff like that. Hope its helpfull^-^

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-25 13:17:57

Come to think of it, you could also combine those ideas!

Angel suddenly turns out to be in hell and falls through the clouds, crashing down.
Camera goes up, it seems they were underground afteral.
Theres a boy walking around, and an angel crashes down in the background.

Creates a confusing effect about whats up and whats down, I kinda like that myself:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-25 18:10:59

At 3/25/08 04:23 AM, xTOXICxEMPIRE wrote:

umm, just letting you know, you can only go about one second past your animations song before it really starts to hager my animation. If you want to, hit me on aim. My sn is TributaryOtis. We can talk about this further there...

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-25 21:06:12

Hey, tell me if this is any better or not?

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-26 15:39:01

At 3/25/08 09:06 PM, BlazingGamer wrote: Hey, tell me if this is any better or not?

It improved greatly! O_O
Unfortunately there are still some things that bother me.

- POW! Its a powerfull word, but in the flash it doesnt look powerfull enough. It needs to smack you in the face. First of, it needs a background. Red would do well, maybe put in some orange stars. Second off, it will look powerfull if the background flashes the moment POW! is in the screen. To accentuate a sort of blast of power from the word POW! You could add lines shooting from behind the middle of the word, out to several directions.. Just not too many, the watcher's focus has to go to the power of the word. By the way, yellow doesnt stand out with a white background.
- The blue stream thats dropping out of the beat up character's head. Im not sure what it is, but it looks out of place.
- The hit looks quite powerfull, but the other guy doesnt react to the hit. Right after the POW! The guy looks up. Why lol? I suggest you reverse that part of the animation, he should bow his back and have his head down. Then draw him with a bown back from the side. And when the guy hits him, his body reacts to it, taking the blow. Be sure to give him an expression once he gets hit. It will look really powerfull.
- The black white part where he opens his eyes. I hope it's a sketch and you will finish it. If not, add a background, spend more time on details in the face, give the white colored guy some shading, and use finer lines, that will make it look less scribbly.

Hope this helps you out a little:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-26 17:41:43

Hope this helps you out a little:3

Yeah, okay. I can managed with that. I'll try and improve it even more now. Thanks for the help.

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-26 22:48:13

At 3/25/08 09:06 PM, BlazingGamer wrote: Hey, tell me if this is any better or not?

Seems pretty good... although the leg movement bothers me, 'coz legs don't move like that. ^^; It can be solved with a simple motion tweening of the leg from the knee down, and maybe a slight bounce on the extreme poses...

Also, the loveblimp creeps me out. O__O;

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-26 22:53:51

it's coming along, and I'd take whirl guys advice, but keep in mind that it has to synch with my piece... so I'd very much like it if you disregarded this...

"- POW! Its a powerfull word, but in the flash it doesnt look powerfull enough. It needs to smack you in the face. First of, it needs a background. Red would do well, maybe put in some orange stars. Second off, it will look powerfull if the background flashes the moment POW! is in the screen. To accentuate a sort of blast of power from the word POW! You could add lines shooting from behind the middle of the word, out to several directions.. Just not too many, the watcher's focus has to go to the power of the word. By the way, yellow doesnt stand out with a white background."

What I would do is turn pow into a shape or symbol (if it isn't all ready) and I'd tween it up from a very small object into a large one at a quick rate with some animated whiplash. I'll make an example tomorrow if I have time. Also, if you did take whirl guy
s advice at making a background, I'd turn that into a symbol and fade it in from white so that it still works as a transition from my piece.... sorry if this is a complicated request :P

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-27 02:14:04

.. Whirlguy please do your critisism against mine please <3

You give very detailed and accurate critisism and it seems very helpful and I think I could do with some.

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-27 03:59:50

At 3/25/08 06:57 AM, Whirlguy wrote: Not sure.
Is this part of your animation or his? If you think the cooporation sucks so much, you can always look for alternative ideas. Here are some ideas for you:
- Ask Toxic to animate an angel falling from the sky in the background. Best would be to start his animation zooming out from it.
- Import his swf in flash or take a screenshot of his first frame(I'd do that). Make a vertically long brown rectangle with a width of 550. This will be dirt. At the bothom of this rectangle draw some stalectites, in the middle of it draw some skulls or twigs, worms, bones, stones.. Whatever has gotten stuck there. At the top of this tectangle you will put the first frame of toxic's scene(Only you will have to draw the bothom yourself. No sweat). Now motiontween this rectangle all the way to the top.

Stuff like that. Hope its helpfull^-^

Uh, thanks dude, but i made the transition ages ago, when me and Night-Mare first discussed it, with all the layers of dirt, and skeletons and stuff. I just had it in a seperate flash, so people would see my part of the collab, and not an out of place transition. So here, i just uploaded it.
Transition: Night-Mare

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-27 05:58:16

At 3/27/08 03:59 AM, xTOXICxEMPIRE wrote: Uh, thanks dude, but i made the transition ages ago, when me and Night-Mare first discussed it, with all the layers of dirt, and skeletons and stuff. I just had it in a seperate flash, so people would see my part of the collab, and not an out of place transition. So here, i just uploaded it.

Hahaha awesome! Thats exactly what I just described! XD
Very nice, Im sure Nightmare's pleased:3
Something concerns me though. You do use 24fps in your actual project right? ^-^

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-27 06:13:36

Night-Mare here, I am sorry for using an alt, I corrected somebodys punctuation in a spam thread and got 2 day ban.. >.<
My bad really.
Well, I am very pleased at the transition and could you PM Night-Mare the .fla and I'll fit in into my part so you don't have to add any start transition onto your current project?

So you keep how yours is and I'll use the transition all in mine.

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-27 06:24:23

At 3/27/08 05:58 AM, Whirlguy wrote:
At 3/27/08 03:59 AM, xTOXICxEMPIRE wrote: Uh, thanks dude, but i made the transition ages ago, when me and Night-Mare first discussed it, with all the layers of dirt, and skeletons and stuff. I just had it in a seperate flash, so people would see my part of the collab, and not an out of place transition. So here, i just uploaded it.
Hahaha awesome! Thats exactly what I just described! XD
Very nice, Im sure Nightmare's pleased:3
Something concerns me though. You do use 24fps in your actual project right? ^-^

Yeah, thanks! great minds think alike, eh? lol.
Anywayz, its just a tween, so i can speed it up or slow it down, and see what looks best when i put it in the CTSG original flash.

BBS Signature