00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ctsg Collab

101,792 Views | 2,149 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-27 06:43:05

At 3/27/08 02:14 AM, Night-Mare wrote: .. Whirlguy please do your critisism against mine please <3

You give very detailed and accurate critisism and it seems very helpful and I think I could do with some.

No problem.
Let's see, this was your last update..

The beginning looks very nice, where he slides, picks up the halo. No problems there, in fact it's very nice. I like the cloudy backgrounds. And how you took the time drawing new ones in every new scene.

- The animation starts bothering me at the part where he just picked up the halo, and you see him from the front, where he has wings. It seems like you were not really motivated to put effort into this part, or rushed it. Too many things bother me at that point, but I will start at my main anoyance. The lines. I suggest creating a new layer, and trace your old drawing with smoother lines. Also mess around with your brush properties, it looks like you set it way too low. I use 75 myself.
His hair looks very flat. Its way too much around the skull, Hair should move it's own way.
And I know this disapoints you a little, since I know you put effort into it, the wings. You should draw them again. You didnt do them that bad, but its way easier when you stick to a drawing order. First draw the part of the wing that you drew in a grey color. You drew it in the right position of his body, and poiting out in the right angle. But what about drawing it like a straight line, then bowing it down in the middle? Once you have 2 of those, you can draw the first set of feathers down to it. Once you are done, draw the next set under there. So on. That way the wings get a nice shape, with very nice positioned feathers! =D
- The last part that bothers me is the ending. I think you werent really sure what to do at that part. The portal looks fine, so does the running guy. But the clouds he's running on look too simple, and different from the previous ones you drew. Also there are no clouds in the background no more.
The transition to hell looks really out of place. It happens too sudden. How about this? There are happy clouds in the background, heartshaped and bunnies blabla. And as the guy closes in on heaven. They slowly change into evil black creatures, and the background slowly turns dark red.
The heaven portal lights on fire. Very unusual colors for a fire. And a very unusual 2frame movement aswel. Atleast use 4 frames with a width of 2 frames, that looks way more natural. Fire has peaks with a round bothom. A big fire like yours has a big bothom with peaks coming out everywhere and multile top peaks.. How about you draw red outlines of the fire first? Then draw a next frame with the onionskin on, and have the peaks moved. Thats 2 frames done, now all you have to draw is draw the transitions between these movements. Fill each frames's fire insides with a yellow color to have a simplistic looking fire. Fill it with black to create a dark fire.

That's about it for now. I hope I have been helpfull^-^

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-27 15:04:36

lol.. talk about critisism :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-27 20:18:07

At 3/27/08 03:04 PM, Keveta2 wrote: lol.. talk about critisism :P

Hey, I thought it was a good criticism. But I must say, his animation wasn't that bad.

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-27 22:41:22

*Stares at wall of text*

... okay.. now to start my animation again..

From Night-Mare

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-28 04:44:44

At 3/27/08 06:13 AM, iHippo wrote: Night-Mare here, I am sorry for using an alt, I corrected somebodys punctuation in a spam thread and got 2 day ban.. >.<
My bad really.
Well, I am very pleased at the transition and could you PM Night-Mare the .fla and I'll fit in into my part so you don't have to add any start transition onto your current project?

So you keep how yours is and I'll use the transition all in mine.

No probs. Just one problem: The movieclip of the clouds. The cloud movieclip in your transition .fla will end on about the 78th frame, while mine will start on first frame!

Not good.

My Art Thread! || Flash Reg Lounge! || CTSG Collab! :'( //

"And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun, for the people who are still alive..."

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-28 14:07:23

I feel kind of awkward having put up a wall of text with critism, and the guy who asked wont react^-^;
I hope I wasnt harsh or anything?

Oh and Ive got news about my laptop.
It wasnt my harddisk, it was my frikin motherboard.
And on top of that those sons of a bitches want me to pay for repairations! O_O
D:<

I expect it back soon, but Im not too sure.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-29 03:05:15

At 3/28/08 02:07 PM, Whirlguy wrote: I feel kind of awkward having put up a wall of text with critism, and the guy who asked wont react^-^;

He did, he posted with iHippo. His other account got temporarily banned, remember?

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-29 06:23:09

At 3/29/08 03:05 AM, Rig wrote:
At 3/28/08 02:07 PM, Whirlguy wrote: I feel kind of awkward having put up a wall of text with critism, and the guy who asked wont react^-^;
He did, he posted with iHippo. His other account got temporarily banned, remember?

oh yeah, silly me^-^;

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-29 13:01:17

I'm a little confused on how to transition the beginning of my part to a white background, to a red background. How would I do this?

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-30 01:59:47

please... somebody send me a PM when this hits the portal. thanks.

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-30 06:32:28

SHIT! guys i totally forgot about this im gonna work on it like all today! Sorry guys!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-30 15:09:37

At 3/30/08 01:59 AM, YoinK wrote: please... somebody send me a PM when this hits the portal. thanks.

Fo shizzle. If this thing doesn't get completed in April, I'll shoot myself.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-30 21:26:55

At 3/29/08 01:01 PM, BlazingGamer wrote: I'm a little confused on how to transition the beginning of my part to a white background, to a red background. How would I do this?

Well there are two ways you can do this. The first way (which I would not recomend) is a frame by frame animation... fuck that.

What you want to know is haw to change the color of an object/symbol through the magic of tweening. If your using the newest version of flash, just click on the keyframe of the object you want to change (after it's tween) then click on the object. On the menu at the bottom you'll notice the pull down menu that says color. Click "advanced" then to "settings" and go nuts.

Take note that moving all the colors sliders to one extreme or the other will set the object as either black or white, and that alpha effects the transparency of an object. This is how you create fade outs and fade ins. Just fuck with the alpha of an all black object.

If your using an older version of flash, you need to change the object to a symbol by right clicking it and setting it as such before you create your tween.

Curious, about how far along are we? With the deadline dashed it's going to be really hard to get a final product produced in reasonable time. I have a feeling this collab is going to collapse. Also, Rig, about that show. I'll have more information about it tomorrow. Sorry about not getting back to you about it, but I honestly don't know that much about it either. I've just been told that the students activity board needs a replacement for hot dog day. The main act we were having decided to drop out.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-30 23:27:32

At 3/30/08 09:26 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 3/29/08 01:01 PM, BlazingGamer wrote: I'm a little confused on how to transition the beginning of my part to a white background, to a red background. How would I do this?
Well there are two ways you can do this. The first way (which I would not recomend) is a frame by frame animation... fuck that.

What you want to know is haw to change the color of an object/symbol through the magic of tweening. If your using the newest version of flash, just click on the keyframe of the object you want to change (after it's tween) then click on the object. On the menu at the bottom you'll notice the pull down menu that says color. Click "advanced" then to "settings" and go nuts.

Take note that moving all the colors sliders to one extreme or the other will set the object as either black or white, and that alpha effects the transparency of an object. This is how you create fade outs and fade ins. Just fuck with the alpha of an all black object.

If your using an older version of flash, you need to change the object to a symbol by right clicking it and setting it as such before you create your tween.

Kool. But I don't know if I have the old version or new one. I have Flash 8, but I'll check right now and see if I do. Thanks for helping me. I was going to do FBF too but I felt it would have taken a long time to do. So you saved me much time. Okay, it's pretty late so I guess I'll do this tomorrow. Later.

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-31 01:33:09

I've forgotten how much work goes into quality frame-by-frame. Bleah.

Currently cleaning up lineart, and I've still got more lineart cleanup and coloring to go yet, so it might be a while for me to get done...

:Don't shoot yourself, Rig... ;___;

The Ctsg Collab

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-31 02:55:30

At 3/31/08 01:33 AM, silly-stungun-millie wrote: I've forgotten how much work goes into quality frame-by-frame. Bleah.

Currently cleaning up lineart, and I've still got more lineart cleanup and coloring to go yet, so it might be a while for me to get done...

Don't shoot yourself, Rig... ;___;

Whoa, freaking sweet Milly! Love the clouds, and sunshine. Nice.

"And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun, for the people who are still alive..."

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-31 05:42:55

@ Quarl: Let's not hope this collab is going to collapse. I have a feeling it wont. Weve got many animators that are still very inspired and put hard work into this. Theyre frequently checking this thread, and post their updates every now and then. They wont leave, Im sure. We might get trouble with a few animations, but instead of waiting people to come on by and join, we can actually contact animators if were getting in trouble^-^

@ Rig: April is my aim aswell. If it looks like were not making it by then, Ill do my best to get some new animators overhere. Anything to save your ass heh.

@ Milly: I think it looks great:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-31 07:33:11

At 3/30/08 03:09 PM, Rig wrote:
At 3/30/08 01:59 AM, YoinK wrote: please... somebody send me a PM when this hits the portal. thanks.
Fo shizzle. If this thing doesn't get completed in April, I'll shoot myself.

hehe.. and the first deadline wuz like... March sumwhere

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-31 18:26:01

At 3/31/08 01:33 AM, silly-stungun-millie wrote: I've forgotten how much work goes into quality frame-by-frame. Bleah.

Don't shoot yourself, Rig... ;___;

That looks wicked awesome Milly. One day I'll become good at this and it will look like this. But that day isn't today. I need to work more and practice more. But yeah, can't wait to see your piece of the pie!! =]

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-01 00:27:03

:O nice screencap britmoose C:

I am unbanned now. :3

And thanks for the wall of text of critism.
AND I think I shall go over my character again.

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-01 18:14:46

Never gunna give you up..

The Ctsg Collab

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-01 19:00:57

At 4/1/08 06:14 PM, Night-Mare wrote: Never gunna give you up..

Never gunna let you down..

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-01 19:14:03

At 4/1/08 07:00 PM, Rig wrote:
At 4/1/08 06:14 PM, Night-Mare wrote: Never gunna give you up..
Never gunna let you down..

OMG PEOPLE!! You guys crack me up with these Rig stuff. Hilarious because I was on youtube like 5 minutes ago and clicked the bananna eating bunny video and was sent to the video "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley. Lolz, funny how Youtube could prank me like that!!

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-02 13:54:38

Bump...updates, anyone?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-02 13:58:18

At 4/2/08 01:54 PM, Rig wrote: Bump...updates, anyone?

None for me. yet.

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-02 18:08:08

I haven't updated my part from last time. I still need to get those tips Quarl and Whirl gave me.

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-02 21:57:50

I'm done. I've been done. Maybe tomorrow if I have some free time, I'll work on my piece some more, and that will make me further done.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-03 04:51:18

I think this is somewhat finished. Critiques anyone?

The transition is a fade to white like Shortmonkey asked.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-03 06:21:23

At 4/3/08 04:51 AM, Catoblepas wrote:
I think this is somewhat finished. Critiques anyone?

Dude, thats fucking awesome, love the crazy colours used.

Guys, i'm really sorry.
I'm going to China from the 5th of April to the 21st of April.
So, i'm going to have to give you the flash now, because i have no more time to work on it. I have to pack, i still have to go to school on Friday, and i have to wake up at 5:00am on Saturday.

So heres the flash: [CTSG-xTOXICxEMPIRE flash]

It's a bummer i won't be able to see if it got first page :( oh well. Good luck guys!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-03 09:23:09

At 4/2/08 06:08 PM, BlazingGamer wrote: I haven't updated my part from last time. I still need to get those tips Quarl and Whirl gave me.

You mean youre gonna look through them?

The usual. Still waiting.

DING!
New idea!
Rig Roll Credits! XD

BBS Signature