00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

privateC2004 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

960,198 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 11:36:36

Post 1

At 12/12/11 12:57 AM, jeeshwa123 wrote: MASSSSIVVVVE TL;DR, so excuse me if what I say has already been settled.

gun guy, shut up. they're bringing up valid points as to why the integrity of the gun is compromised. it's very impractical, and we're helping you branch on your design. If you don't want critiques and you just want us to shower you with praise, then you shouldn't have your own thread.

Personally, I think all previous statements about the gun are right, the recoil would fucking slice you open. I also feel that such a large gun should have a larger barrel. i think it's kinda silly looking that this tiny pea shooter has Kratos blades on it.

Post 2

At 12/12/11 01:02 AM, jeeshwa123 wrote:
At 12/12/11 01:00 AM, KidWickedx33 wrote: I think it's kinda silly that you fail to see that this thread has absolutly nothing to do with that gun. I ONLY posted it because I thought I had to. The old rules stated that a picture had to be submitted with a thread and I had no reason to believe, that the rules were changed in anyway.
i think it's kinda silly that you posted something that apparently has nothing to do with the thread.

Post 3

At 12/12/11 01:07 AM, jeeshwa123 wrote:
At 12/12/11 01:05 AM, KidWickedx33 wrote: It's a thread about Otherworlds weapons. I posted a picture of one I had, what would make a better picture to post oh wise one? Because, like I said; I thought I had to post a picture to follow the rules. My bad bro, had I known I didn't have too then I wouldn't have.
*facepalm* why are you here.
i'm not even going to waste my finger strength trying to explain why that was a really dumb paragraph. g'night.

- These aren't helpful posts.
- They're not criticism (and the guy made it quite clear he wasn't looking for criticism anyway).
- You are being INCREDIBLY rude.

Yes, I stick up for the newbie, since I want fresh blood for the forum.
I found the mobbing up behaviour of the forum disgusting.
If you knew my posting habits well enough, I'm less supportive of people who really shouldn't stick around.

Your ban message gave a link to this lounge page, since I'm not going to write a wall of text in a ban message.

I have no idea what gives you the impression that I know Jonny more than any of the other people I banned in that thread. He wasn't banned since a) his posts are at the start of the thread, and short, b) his worst offence was "hey man it's my opinion", and c) you wouldn't even notice if I never gave him a warning.

I'd accuse myself of favouring Felis, but only because I was too incompetent to leave his name in the post.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 11:41:45

At 12/13/11 11:17 AM, jeeshwa123 wrote:
At 12/13/11 11:13 AM, Kuoke wrote: Why would you even bother posting in a thread that you state is so horrible in the first place? I imagine the situation to be similar to if you saw a dead body on the streets and decided to poke at it with sticks - you shouldn't be doing it in the first place because the cops would be ones to deal with it and if they find you poking the body, what do you expect to happen?
did i state at any point in my whole rant that I hate the art forum? Eh, you probably didn't read it anyways, nor will any one. It's a few paragraphs long, so you'll all assume it's negative and that I'm wrong. When in actuality all of that was fact. I left out personal opinions as much as possible.

I didn't say that you did and you're saying that I'm the one that didn't read paragraphs. You say you're leaving your personal opinions out of your posts, but you're filling your them with paranoid assumptions, acting as if you're the victim here.
Honestly, your opinion would be more preferable in a forum environment rather than this pathetic attitude you seem to be showcasing.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 11:46:32

Wow. That is the only word I have for this. Just wow.
It's like you people aren't even humans.
I hate myself for devoting this much of my time to this website.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 11:54:56

Whoa... what's done is done, can we just calm the hell down and get back to doodling while drinking cups of tea?...

Milk, no sugar... Nae says I'm sweet enough :3

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 11:57:50

At 12/13/11 11:54 AM, LegolaSS wrote: Whoa... what's done is done, can we just calm the hell down and get back to doodling while drinking cups of tea?...

You definitely need the sugar, you gotta bulk up son.
A man can't get through life weighing less than a pre-pubescent girl.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 12:29:18

Didn't you guys hear about the bill NG passed so the mods can ban us for douchery?
Should have protested.

On a Unrelated note, what are your Christmas wishes n stuff?

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 13:09:12

So yeah, I feel like a bit of a tool for being carried away in that thread. I was unnecessarily douchey, as were the other regs, and that provoked the OP to be unnecessarily douchey in response, and I get it. What's done is done, and we can all just forget about it and let it be known as a mistake that exemplifies why people generally hate the art forum.

Now peeps can learn from said mistake, and not be tools anymore! LOVE AND COMPASSION FOR ALL!

Also, Tre, I know what it's like to feel stuck in a rut of a narrow art style, just try drawing more, I guess :/ There's really nothing you can do except push yourself out of it by doing other things. Although J-qb is right, at least you have an identity that people will remember!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 16:09:32

At 12/13/11 01:09 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote: So yeah, I feel like a bit of a tool for being carried away in that thread. I was unnecessarily douchey, as were the other regs, and that provoked the OP to be unnecessarily douchey in response, and I get it. What's done is done, and we can all just forget about it and let it be known as a mistake that exemplifies why people generally hate the art forum.

Now peeps can learn from said mistake, and not be tools anymore! LOVE AND COMPASSION FOR ALL!

Yeah Man, I agree. We should get over it.
I mean it was a ban, woo, not my first, definitely not going to be my last...
So... Yeah. Moving hon...

Also, Tre, I know what it's like to feel stuck in a rut of a narrow art style, just try drawing more, I guess :/ There's really nothing you can do except push yourself out of it by doing other things. Although J-qb is right, at least you have an identity that people will remember!

Oh hey look at this, another topic already. Sweet!
Yeah man, you have a style that I won't easily forget... Although that may be because I have drawn some of your vexons, but I'm pretty sure that it is because it was pretty interesting.
If you want to bridge out, just draw different stuff. Lots of different stuff.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 17:24:19

At 12/13/11 11:46 AM, jeeshwa123 wrote: Wow. That is the only word I have for this. Just wow.
It's like you people aren't even humans.
I hate myself for devoting this much of my time to this website.

The NG BBS is probably one of the most human forums out there that I've had the privilege of pissing on. If you really feel the need for things to be done exactly by the book, there are plenty of second rate forums out there where you can be a total douchebag to everyone so long as you mind your language.

At 12/13/11 12:29 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote: Didn't you guys hear about the bill NG passed so the mods can ban us for douchery?
Should have protested.

It's done a hell of a lot more good then harm.

On a Unrelated note, what are your Christmas wishes n stuff?

GAAAARRCHHDJFABSDFHJABSD MOTHERFUCKING FUCK-TABLET FHAKJSDFASDUFYHAOSD

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 18:10:48

Do you know the best site for making prints of your work :)

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 18:13:32

At 12/13/11 06:10 PM, jeremynative wrote: Do you know the best site for making prints of your work :)

nope.

At 12/13/11 01:09 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote: ... J-qb is right ... !

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 19:50:29

Whatever happened, I don't know any of these people.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 21:41:57

Lol why is everyone acting like oversensitive douches?

==
On an unrelated note, what kinda artsy stuffs should I get for Xmas? I'm thinking art markers. But what brand is best in the price:quality ratio? I can't really set a price range, so I leave my art fate in your hands, Forum.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 21:45:56

At 12/13/11 09:41 PM, Kashi wrote:
On an unrelated note, what kinda artsy stuffs should I get for Xmas? I'm thinking art markers. But what brand is best in the price:quality ratio? I can't really set a price range, so I leave my art fate in your hands, Forum.

Lol i tried bringing the same thing up there in the midst of my spamming frenzy.
You should get a wacom inkling. shit's awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 21:53:06

At 12/13/11 09:45 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote:
At 12/13/11 09:41 PM, Kashi wrote:

Get Copic markers, they're awesome for colouring.

Lol i tried bringing the same thing up there in the midst of my spamming frenzy.
You should get a wacom inkling. shit's awesome.

If they were available anywhere, it's impossible to find anyone selling it :C

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 22:32:07

At 12/13/11 06:10 PM, jeremynative wrote: Do you know the best site for making prints of your work :)

You can try a fedex kinko's if you live in an area where they are but I don't think they do large prints.
I found this site a while ago, but I have no Idea if it is reliable, but I plan on using it soon to get a few prints.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 23:03:48

At 12/13/11 09:41 PM, Kashi wrote: what kinda artsy stuffs should I get for Xmas? I'm thinking art markers. But what brand is best in the price:quality ratio? I can't really set a price range, so I leave my art fate in your hands, Forum.

Copics are nice, but a tad more expensive. although not quite a ding to the wallet as some.
I would suggest PrismaColor. Although they don't have the convenience of being refillable like some, they are about half the price of Copics. They are also easier to find at general hobby stores such as Michaels and Hobby Lobby

Although my own local hobby lobby has started carrying Copics

I know you said you were looking in to Markers, but a good, cool, durable and decently pencil case is always good, if you don't already have one. This is the same one that I own and use. I bought it about 3 years ago from the Arizona Art Supply, have have never regretted it.

It has Newgrounds stickers all over it :3

So Yeah... >.>.... I'll stop product pitching now :P

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-14 00:01:32

Happy birthday Twisted!

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-14 00:04:11

WAIT WAIT WAIT.... NG people are admitting to the Doucheries??? What the fuck has happened since I left? I mean it's been a bit but has everyone really mellowed out that much since I've been gone? LOL

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-14 00:05:59

At 12/13/11 11:03 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Copics are nice, but a tad more expensive. although not quite a ding to the wallet as some.
I would suggest PrismaColor. Although they don't have the convenience of being refillable like some, they are about half the price of Copics. They are also easier to find at general hobby stores such as Michaels and Hobby Lobby

I guess it really depends on preference and availability. I have never seen a large brush tipped PrismaColor marker, but they have Copic brand brush markers at the "fancy" art store downtown, and I love them! They're probably about 6 bucks a pop, so yeah, its a bit spendy, but they last quite a while and make for some sexy shading on your drawings.

I know you said you were looking in to Markers, but a good, cool, durable and decently pencil case is always good, if you don't already have one. This is the same one that I own and use. I bought it about 3 years ago from the Arizona Art Supply, have have never regretted it.

That looks like a pretty nice one. Four years ago, I picked up a High School Musical metal pencil box for a dollar (to be funny), and to my surprise, I've actually used it regularly ever since I bought it. It's covered in paint/stickers/tape/etc, and I've had to actually tear everything off and restart because it was getting too covered in stuff. Here's some pictures of it (I've been meaning to document its existence for a while now since I take it everywhere with me and people automatically know it's mine and all that, so this is the perfect excuse to finally do it). Seriously, I love this thing and would actually be really sad if I lost it. We've been through so much together :3

I know this is kind of irrelevant and I don't know why I went to the trouble of making this, but yeah. Here's my awesome pencil box.

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-14 02:10:45

At 12/14/11 12:05 AM, Spaghetti14 wrote: I know this is kind of irrelevant and I don't know why I went to the trouble of making this, but yeah. Here's my awesome pencil box.

Meh, Why not. Why can't our pencil cases be as creative as the rest of our lives?
The case I have isn't thick enough to hold any of my mechanical pencils and I have a couple Microns, but I haven't used them in a while, so they stay in my actual art box.
As for a hobby knife, again the case isn't thick enough to hold any of mine with their caps on. I have ran one of those in to my arm before, so I don't even buy them unless they have a safety cap with them. I keep my pocket knife very sharp, so I can substitute it for most craft needs.

Now I'm interested in seeing everyone else's pencil cases and travel kits.
Post them up guys and gals. :3

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-14 02:12:03

At 12/14/11 02:10 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: ^^^ this guy is an idiot

Oops forgot the pic.

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-14 04:45:22

Ohh.. That's neat.. I just use a black plastic bag..

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-14 05:59:56

At 12/14/11 12:04 AM, silversunned wrote: WAIT WAIT WAIT.... NG people are admitting to the Doucheries??? What the fuck has happened since I left? I mean it's been a bit but has everyone really mellowed out that much since I've been gone? LOL

That discernment comes and goes like the tides. Sometimes it is also not even necessary, since the douchery is almost dead at times.

Either way, welcome back.

On the topic about art stuff. I am pretty sure I will get myself some more air drying modelling clay, to experiment with. I found a much cheaper source at some kind of "cheap johnny" shop (I hope my dictionary taught me that term correct lol) and they also sell the acrylics I need for it, as well as some more art stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-14 10:34:15

At 12/14/11 05:59 AM, Luwano wrote: On the topic about art stuff.

what you planning on making with it?... i am most interested

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-14 11:00:36

At 12/14/11 12:01 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Happy birthday Twisted!

I wish you happy birthday Twisted,
by reading over Jonny's post I almost miss'd it.

cwutididthar
At 12/14/11 10:34 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
At 12/14/11 05:59 AM, Luwano wrote: On the topic about art stuff.
what you planning on making with it?... i am most interested

Not sure yet. It's probably too late for me to start christmas stuff. I'd like to do another clock anytime in the future. Not sure about the design either.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-14 13:02:31

At 12/14/11 05:23 AM, Larkatosa wrote:
At 12/14/11 02:12 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 12/14/11 02:10 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: ^^^ this guy is an idiot
Oops forgot the pic.
Wooah!
Your's so much cooler than mine!
Like, a lot ...

F-That man, you got a Star Wars one!

although it is clone wars....

But still you got Star Wars...
My inner nerd is showing just a little...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-14 14:20:45

At 12/14/11 01:02 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: F-That man, you got a Star Wars one!

Yeah, I would make a comment about it being Clone Wars, BUT.....
It's from the Clone Wars TV Show, the original one not the 3D one, and that TV show KICKED ASS!!!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-14 22:42:05

At 12/14/11 02:20 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/14/11 01:02 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: F-That man, you got a Star Wars one!
Yeah, I would make a comment about it being Clone Wars, BUT.....
It's from the Clone Wars TV Show, the original one not the 3D one, and that TV show KICKED ASS!!!

Only reason i respect that series is because there was a episode about my fav Jedi, Kit Fisto.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-14 23:51:03