00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Theantiflag102 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

962,184 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 07:48:20

At 12/12/11 07:44 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: I'll take the warning, but -

... oh, I've just thought of a new addition:
- Not knowing when it's in your best interests to quit and move on.

course I know, Jonny, otherwise I would have lumped you in with the day bans.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 08:08:25

At 12/12/11 07:48 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: ... oh, I've just thought of a new addition:
- Not knowing when it's in your best interests to quit and move on.
course I know, Jonny, otherwise I would have lumped you in with the day bans.

I'll accept it. Thank you for clearing things up with me.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 08:12:09

At 12/12/11 03:40 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Worst art forum thread 2011.

wow... just wow... i started to read it and just ended up skim reading parts...

i dont know what to say...

not cool :(

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 12:06:50

SO I DON'T WANT TO CREATE A NEW THREAD FOR THIS.

But, I just got photoshop cs4, and whenever I zoom in and out sometimes the stuff I previously just drew disappears and reappears briefly.. It's not a huge deal, it just sort of bothers me. Anyone know why this might be? It's a fresh install, so I haven't tinkered with any settings... Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this..

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 12:40:53

At 12/12/11 12:06 PM, Rhunyc wrote: SO I DON'T WANT TO CREATE A NEW THREAD FOR THIS.

But, I just got photoshop cs4, and whenever I zoom in and out sometimes the stuff I previously just drew disappears and reappears briefly.. It's not a huge deal, it just sort of bothers me. Anyone know why this might be? It's a fresh install, so I haven't tinkered with any settings... Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this..

This happens to me all the time (I also have CS4 by the way), but I'm so used to it that I just ignore it now. Also, it may be worth noting that I've seen this happen plenty with my school's Macs with CS5 installed on them, so it may just be a Photoshop thing? Maybe not, but it still seems pretty common in my experience.

Boop boop beep boop.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 12:54:50

At 12/12/11 12:06 PM, Rhunyc wrote: But, I just got photoshop cs4, and whenever I zoom in and out sometimes the stuff I previously just drew disappears and reappears briefly.. It's not a huge deal, it just sort of bothers me. Anyone know why this might be? It's a fresh install, so I haven't tinkered with any settings... Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this..

It could just be your computer itself, it might not be able to handle the processing power and lags out a bit, hence the image has disappeared then reappears.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 13:04:30

Idea:

New users should be directed to Stickam because the regulars tend to be nicer on stickam rather than solely critiquing and picking apart inappropriate behavior. I think that there will be less problems if there is a chance for people to get to know newer people before they set upon them like a swarm of ravenous hyenas ready to rip everything apart.

Yes, a lot of people that get torn apart are twats, but then, so are a lot of us when we're agitated. If we try and become friends before we start picking things apart, then people wouldn't get so agitated at people who they believe don't understand the way they work.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 13:14:28

At 12/12/11 12:40 PM, BananasFoster wrote: This happens to me all the time (I also have CS4 by the way), but I'm so used to it that I just ignore it now. Also, it may be worth noting that I've seen this happen plenty with my school's Macs with CS5 installed on them, so it may just be a Photoshop thing? Maybe not, but it still seems pretty common in my experience.

Interesting... Well, I'm starting to drown it out now after doodling for an hour or so.. Thanks for the response. :)

At 12/12/11 12:54 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: It could just be your computer itself, it might not be able to handle the processing power and lags out a bit, hence the image has disappeared then reappears.

Well, that very well could be.. But I can handle newerish games on high settings at full resolution (whatever it is.. 1980x1020... that ratio) with no problems. So I don't know if it's that. But then again, I don't know how much resources CS4 uses. :/ (I guess it wouldn't surprise me if it's sort of a hog, I noticed in the preferences, you can set how much ram it uses :S)

Thanks for replying though, it's appreciated. :3

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 13:58:07

At 12/12/11 01:14 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
At 12/12/11 12:54 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: It could just be your computer itself, it might not be able to handle the processing power and lags out a bit, hence the image has disappeared then reappears.
Well, that very well could be.. But I can handle newerish games on high settings at full resolution (whatever it is.. 1980x1020... that ratio) with no problems.

I wouldn't put it past the program or you comp to be a bit temperamental about certain things. My beast of a comp can run the newest games at near full capacity with no slowdown at all, and its about 4 years old. But if I draw with a huge brush or blur tool a large area in Photoshop, it chugs like a broken steam engine.

At 12/12/11 01:04 PM, Felis wrote: Idea:

New users should be directed to Stickam.....

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH....no

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 14:11:12

New users should be directed to Stickam

Wouldn't want to scare people off with our ugly mugs now, would we?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 14:39:15

I see where you are coming from, but I don't think that's a good idea. For two reasons:

1. It will make us look like snobs (once more). "If you want to be a proper user in this forum, you need to sign up here and over there and please sign here with your blood."... No thanks.

2. It should be possible to treat other users like normal human beings, no matter how long the have been using the forums. If it still turns out that someone is a douche, then so be it. One can reply if necessary and ignore said user afterwards.

The thought behind your idea is kind, but it should not be necessary in my opinion.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 16:46:24

So I hear that NZ has just imposed a bill that allows them to seize and destroy and vehicles that are being used for illegal street racing.
Guess that means you'll have to find your kicks some other way Aigis.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 16:58:08

I'd rather they discover the hidden repository of stickam on their own. More fun that way, and it really shouldn't be too hard to act maturely in the face of the young uns getting a little presumptuous or whatevs.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 17:05:25

At 12/12/11 04:58 PM, Lintire wrote: and it really shouldn't be too hard to act maturely in the face of the young uns getting a little presumptuous or whatevs.

Nope, it wouldn't be hard, because you'll just hand out bans on stickam because they have an ugly haircut or what not :P

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 17:36:46

At 12/12/11 04:46 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: So I hear that NZ has just imposed a bill that allows them to seize and destroy and vehicles that are being used for illegal street racing.

Being a lawyery person isn't his only source of adrenaline?!
I'm in shock.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 18:45:39

At 12/12/11 05:36 PM, test-object wrote: Being a lawyery person isn't his only source of adrenaline?!
I'm in shock.

OBJECTION!

/caps

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 18:49:12

At 12/12/11 06:45 PM, Kashi wrote:
At 12/12/11 05:36 PM, test-object wrote: Being a lawyery person isn't his only source of adrenaline?!
I'm in shock.
OBJECTION!
/caps

Aren't they currently filming a Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney movie in Japan?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 19:03:48

At 12/12/11 04:46 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: So I hear that NZ has just imposed a bill that allows them to seize and destroy and vehicles that are being used for illegal street racing.

Aigis?
Hahahahahahahaahahahaha
you just made my day!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 21:12:44

Hey guys, look, I'm not banned.. :J

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 21:31:31

At 12/12/11 09:12 PM, CloudEater wrote: Hey guys, look, I'm not banned.. :J

/ban

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 01:22:37

Anyway.... I saw THIS on my wall today, thought I would share it. Photoshop usually has decent posts if you "like" them on Facebook.

"To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true."

Flickr | My "Art"

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 03:54:50

Today i read a comment on my DA of someone linking me to chiptune saying it forced them to be reminded of me.
And i was like "Am i the pixel guy now? Well i dont wanna be the pixel guy i want to be the pencil guy!"

And i tried drawing with a pencil and it sucked.
=/

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 06:52:28

At 12/13/11 03:54 AM, Captain-Carrion wrote: And i tried drawing with a pencil and it sucked.
=/

If you do pixel art, people aren't exactly going to go and associate you will pencil art now, are they?
If you wanna be the pencil guy, you've gots to do the drugs necessary to produce said pencils.

Besides, ain't nothing wrong with being the pixel guy.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 06:54:36

At 12/13/11 03:54 AM, Captain-Carrion wrote: Today i read a comment on my DA of someone linking me to chiptune saying it forced them to be reminded of me.
And i was like "Am i the pixel guy now? Well i dont wanna be the pixel guy i want to be the pencil guy!"

It's been nine months since you've uploaded anything other than pixel art... and besides, you should be glad poeple think of you as "the ~guy" regardless of what the ~ is

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 07:25:12

At 12/13/11 06:54 AM, J-qb wrote: you should be glad poeple think of you as "the ~guy" regardless of what the ~ is

im the creepy guy...

i need to post more art and stop playing minecraft with ornery... he wont mind... >.>... <.<...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 10:40:47

At 12/13/11 01:22 AM, SoConfused wrote: Anyway.... I saw THIS on my wall today, thought I would share it. Photoshop usually has decent posts if you "like" them on Facebook.

That's pretty snazzy, added to the tutorials folder.
Also, is that a dog's head in the dude's bag????

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 11:01:15

After everyone's ban lasting only a day, It's kinda hard to be pissed about this. But I felt like I should point out some things about that thread. After I received my ban, it directed me to the bbs rules. After noting that none of us had broken any of them, I clicked on the art forum specific rules to try to dig for more. Then things got a little more interesting.

What you're looking at right now is a screenshot of the art forum rules. Underlined/bracketed in red is all the rules that the original poster broke. His thread was neither for the purpose of "critique, or serious artistic discussion". As he was rather quick to point out. He also broke the rule of posting directly to the forum. Seeing as how he claimed that the only image he posted had absolutely nothing to do with anything, the thread was just an advertisement for his website. He was also being a dick, so "negativity" is also underlined. He was not banned for any given amount of time.

Underlined in purple is what most of us gave. No one came in there specifically flaming. Underlined in blue is the one and only official rule that I could find that any of us broke. Which honestly, is broken by half the bbs daily, so whatever. We were all banned for 24 hours.

Among the blue and purple, was Big Johnny. he did not receive a ban though, because Turkey knows him better than the rest of us. Carrion was also banned for 24 hours, though I cannot find anything he did to be wrong.

So yeah, just felt like pointing all that out. I'm not trying to spark a fight or anything, but I just want to lay that out and show you why that was all pretty week. Lesson learned, be real nice to da mean peoples, you don't wanna hurt dare feewings. Even though my band reason was "being a douche." Doesn't make a lot of sense in retrospect, huh? :P

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 11:13:20

At 12/13/11 11:01 AM, jeeshwa123 wrote: tycyvuvbi

Why would you even bother posting in a thread that you state is so horrible in the first place? I imagine the situation to be similar to if you saw a dead body on the streets and decided to poke at it with sticks - you shouldn't be doing it in the first place because the cops would be ones to deal with it and if they find you poking the body, what do you expect to happen?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 11:17:00

At 12/13/11 11:13 AM, Kuoke wrote: Why would you even bother posting in a thread that you state is so horrible in the first place? I imagine the situation to be similar to if you saw a dead body on the streets and decided to poke at it with sticks - you shouldn't be doing it in the first place because the cops would be ones to deal with it and if they find you poking the body, what do you expect to happen?

did i state at any point in my whole rant that I hate the art forum? Eh, you probably didn't read it anyways, nor will any one. It's a few paragraphs long, so you'll all assume it's negative and that I'm wrong. When in actuality all of that was fact. I left out personal opinions as much as possible.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 11:17:54

I like how you compared a thread to a dead body...

BBS Signature