00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

966,130 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-17 23:52:29

you know how you can show a flash submission by just placing the url in the post..
lets try that with art submissions shall we?

hope this works

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/x-fac tor11/bzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-17 23:53:32

At 6/17/09 11:52 PM, x-factor11 wrote: you know how you can show a flash submission by just placing the url in the post..
lets try that with a art submissions shall we?

hope this works

nope, it didnt, A SHAME I SAY!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-18 00:00:02

At 6/17/09 11:53 PM, x-factor11 wrote:
At 6/17/09 11:52 PM, x-factor11 wrote: you know how you can show a flash submission by just placing the url in the post..
lets try that with a art submissions shall we?

hope this works

nope, it didnt, A SHAME I SAY!

staff will probably get on that eventually

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-19 16:45:33

I think I know what you guys mean, yeah, I hope they do the same thing with art as it happens with flash and audio.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-20 23:28:47

At 6/19/09 04:45 PM, Zyphonee wrote: I think I know what you guys mean, yeah, I hope they do the same thing with art as it happens with flash and audio.

Agreed. I'm actually a little ticked off that they didn't give art portal options at the same time. I guess it would be stupid not beta it first, but still it seems very piece-meal so far. Seriously, what if I need an ego booster and want to see who has me as a favorite artist seriously.

oh yea thanks for scouting me

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-20 23:45:38

Oh yea Are we supposed to report stolen, photo, etc. art is it's unscouted because... like half of them are?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-20 23:58:01

At 6/20/09 11:45 PM, EKublai wrote: Oh yea Are we supposed to report stolen, photo, etc. art is it's unscouted because... like half of them are?

Yes... it's like a 17 year old trying to get into a bar using his older brother's ID... and you're the bouncer!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-21 00:14:48

At 6/20/09 11:58 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 6/20/09 11:45 PM, EKublai wrote: Oh yea Are we supposed to report stolen, photo, etc. art is it's unscouted because... like half of them are?
Yes... it's like a 17 year old trying to get into a bar using his older brother's ID... and you're the bouncer!

so if I catch the older brother stealing beer, I report him?

lolwut

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-21 00:20:44

You know, since now people can just submit artwork on this site, could this mean that New Grounds will be giving some competition against Deviant Art somehow? |:7

Just how exactly does "getting laid" solve any mental problems? Hmm? /:7

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-21 00:28:36

At 6/21/09 12:14 AM, Fleshlight wrote: so if I catch the older brother stealing beer, I report him?

yes ...any theft ...art, flash, audio... beer ...should be reported!
You don't even have to be a bouncer for that!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-21 00:37:08

At 6/21/09 12:20 AM, AtillaTheLion wrote: You know, since now people can just submit artwork on this site, could this mean that New Grounds will be giving some competition against Deviant Art somehow? |:7

as a place to show art work, newgrounds isn't going to come close as far as quality and quantity, but newgrounds as a whole, kicks every other website's ass.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-21 00:40:59

Then again, I'm reluctant to report an scouted artist because it seems like TimFrommeyer scouted all of them. And you know what happened the last time that happened...

mommy... I miss Daddy....

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-21 00:49:05

So...uhmm...
Anyone here thinks there should be a front page for the art portal too???

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-21 01:13:30

At 6/21/09 12:40 AM, EKublai wrote: Then again, I'm reluctant to report an scouted artist because it seems like TimFrommeyer scouted all of them. And you know what happened the last time that happened...

mommy... I miss Daddy....

it's fun tracing back the fan artists to the popular artists who chain-scouted them

it seems brycemilburn scouted one dude who has scouted like 12 crapfests

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-21 02:33:50

How do you check who scouted who?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-21 17:47:12

At 6/21/09 02:33 AM, sakerfalcon wrote: How do you check who scouted who?

in their art section in the upper right corner it says 'Scouted by: __username__'

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-21 18:26:48

I think we should stop telling/letting all the no talent ms painters to post in the ms paint thread. I mean where are the standards?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-21 18:31:29

At 6/21/09 06:26 PM, Fleshlight wrote: I think we should stop telling/letting all the no talent ms painters to post in the ms paint thread. I mean where are the standards?

How do you suggest that should be done. Deleting their posts? I am sort of "glad" that they are posteing it in there. I think it helps keeping all the whineing and the "WTF IS MAH THREAD CLOSED?!?!" posts to a minimum.

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-21 18:33:58

At 6/21/09 06:31 PM, Lundsfryd wrote:
At 6/21/09 06:26 PM, Fleshlight wrote: I think we should stop telling/letting all the no talent ms painters to post in the ms paint thread. I mean where are the standards?
How do you suggest that should be done. Deleting their posts? I am sort of "glad" that they are posteing it in there. I think it helps keeping all the whineing and the "WTF IS MAH THREAD CLOSED?!?!" posts to a minimum.

Just hurts to see people who actually work hard on their drawings like McJesus and ngmastah whose work gets lost in all the crap that's filled in that thread

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-21 18:37:19

In my opinion, that might be going a bit too far. If someone told me (And thank God no one does since my art is actually liked by most who see it) to stop posting because of my art's quality, i'd feel offended.

Maybe I'm going a bit too soft, but I think that everyone should be allowed to post their art here (Or at least on the MS thread, since most of the bad art here is made in MS), no matter how horrible it is. Plus, with a little criticism and effort, I believe that anyone can become a good artist, at least to some level.

As long as we don't get people spamming absolute crap with no effort put in, I don't see any problem. But again, this is just my opinion since I don't want others to feel bad about their art.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-21 18:43:05

At 6/21/09 06:26 PM, Fleshlight wrote:
Just hurts to see people who actually work hard on their drawings like McJesus and ngmastah whose work gets lost in all the crap that's filled in that thread

I agree. But call it damage control then. Anyways is the artist is good enough then he/she (equal awarenes, just for you Nae) can just post their stuff in a personal art thread. It if is really good then Im am sure the mods would not mind.

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-21 18:47:02

I don't know what you guys think, but to me, the art portal is already dead. I apologize. Now seriously, how the hell is it that this guy steals art, and then the art gets deleted but he doesn't get unscouted?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-21 18:49:10

Well Lunds, you're right. I've scouted a lot of people, more than probably anyone else. But I vouch for who I scouted because I believe they deserved it. There's a bit of a better explanation in my response to your comment on my news post.

Also, I must have reported at least 40 images since the art portal has been up.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-21 18:50:00

Zyphonee, it's not a perfect system. It's only been up and running for a few days cut them some slack and let them work out the kinks and refine the system.

Rome wasn't built in a day

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-21 19:03:34

At 6/21/09 06:49 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Well Lunds, you're right. I've scouted a lot of people, more than probably anyone else. But I vouch for who I scouted because I believe they deserved it. There's a bit of a better explanation in my response to your comment on my news post.
Also, I must have reported at least 40 images since the art portal has been up.

Well.. It was not my intention to make this a public debate. But since you are bringing it up :)

1: 40 scouts is alot, Im sure that you took your time on checking up on people, but Im sure you don't know all those people and you don't know what all those people might choose to do.

2: You are too "trigger happy" in my opinion. There are a quite few of your scouts that I think are undeserving of getting scouted. They should use the art forum and get some critiqe instead or not "go public" with their artwork, because they just need more practice. I think that the art forum should be a little more elite (in lack of a better term).

I apologize for all my typeos spelling mistakes. I got vacation and I am a wee bit tipsy at the moment.

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-21 19:10:34

At 6/21/09 07:03 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: Well.. It was not my intention to make this a public debate. But since you are bringing it up :)
1: 40 scouts is alot, Im sure that you took your time on checking up on people, but Im sure you don't know all those people and you don't know what all those people might choose to do.
2: You are too "trigger happy" in my opinion. There are a quite few of your scouts that I think are undeserving of getting scouted. They should use the art forum and get some critiqe instead or not "go public" with their artwork, because they just need more practice. I think that the art forum should be a little more elite (in lack of a better term).
I apologize for all my typeos spelling mistakes. I got vacation and I am a wee bit tipsy at the moment.

Yeah, I didn't mean to make it a public debate, but I figured you'd check this thread before you checked my userpage.
Yeah, I know 40 scouts is quite a lot, and you might be right that I am too trigger happy. But I think maybe it's more like I'm too generous. It's just that I try to give everyone that I believe deserves it a chance, but maybe you're right and I should have them brush up on their skill a bit. Then again, is it any different for me to have 40 scouts, or for me to have fewer scouts and them to get scouted by others? Maybe si, maybe no.
But taking what you've said, I guess I will "cool down" with the scouting for now. But I will continue to search pieces for authenticity and keep up with my reports.

TinEye is such a useful tool in the art forum and now art portal. I suggest you all get it, or get the plug-in for your web browser. The plug-in allows me to right click an image and search it, without having to go through the site. If you're interested, this is the site - http://tineye.com/

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-21 19:20:05

At 6/21/09 06:50 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Zyphonee, it's not a perfect system. It's only been up and running for a few days cut them some slack and let them work out the kinks and refine the system.

Rome wasn't built in a day

I agree.
But we should be aware, that when Rome wasn't built in a day...
... it was burned down in just one.

Be cautious ^^

Sure, we all share one thing. We will all die sooner or later. Thank god.

My art thread, starting from pg 18

See all my crap in larger, smexier images! (DeviantArt)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-21 19:45:19

Rome could've been built in a day if those damn Romans weren't so lazy and the aliens that were helping the Egyptians build the pyramids helped out a little...

just sayin

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-21 19:53:04

At 6/21/09 07:45 PM, Fleshlight wrote: Rome could've been built in a day if those damn Romans weren't so lazy and the aliens that were helping the Egyptians build the pyramids helped out a little...
just sayin

It is not heir fault. It is pretty tricky to build anything when you constantly have to use one of your hands to keep your toga in place, and the other one to stab people.

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-21 20:10:26

At 6/21/09 07:53 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: It is not heir fault. It is pretty tricky to build anything when you constantly have to use one of your hands to keep your toga in place, and the other one to stab people.

It's also not easy to build something when you've had lots of wine to drink.

Trust me, you get all cheery and happy and start singing songs, but in no way would you build stuff.