00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

966,141 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-02 20:39:12

At 6/1/09 05:15 PM, idiot-monarch wrote: What happened to reanimator?
I am frightened and confused. Plus I look a bit rapey.
Stalker!

That was obviously an alt, otherwise, there goes my faith in humanity down the toilet.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-02 22:44:12

reanimator was probably the greatest alt of all time..

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-03 02:40:39

Does photoshop have something like the area picker tool in iscribble? man I love that thing. I draw way better on a simple online app than on a $500+ adobe program

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-05 06:38:32

At 6/3/09 02:40 AM, Fleshlight wrote: Does photoshop have something like the area picker tool in iscribble? man I love that thing. I draw way better on a simple online app than on a $500+ adobe program

Same here, although due to GaiaOnline users, I go there less and less. Also lack of proper rooms, I'm sick of people that make rooms for "draw a wolf". Three thirds of the rooms are "draw a wolf" and the other thread is "draw anime".

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-08 02:48:38

Hi guys,
I really like flashing and drawing, and I'm gonna buy a tablet in about 3 weeks. (Bamboo Fun)
But my probs are:
1. Most times i draw, i draw faces, but the human body is hard to draw i think...
Do you guys have some websites or tuts to learn drawing on paper, so I can draw with the tablet easier?
2. My second prob is: Improvisation..
I have a lot of Fantasy, but when i need it to draw something, I haven't.
How do you guys, get ideas and that stuff?
3. And ehm, what drawing technics do you use? Do you scan in drawings and edit them with PS/Flash?
Do you first draw a maquette? Do you draw in Flash/PS directly?

I hope I can learn a lot about drawing from you..

Thanks, thesmallbigone.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-09 17:52:43

1. Most times i draw, i draw faces, but the human body is hard to draw i think...
Do you guys have some websites or tuts to learn drawing on paper, so I can draw with the tablet easier?

Drawing on paper is diffrint from a tablet. In my experience both require a diffrint aproach. So you can go ahead and start drawing on the tablet first. You could just google.com and type in "how to draw" you'll find a bunch of websites with tuts!

2. My second prob is: Improvisation..
I have a lot of Fantasy, but when i need it to draw something, I haven't.
How do you guys, get ideas and that stuff?

Ideas come and go. To get inspiration for a story you should start reading alot and i mean alot of webcomics or books to get ideas. To avoide doing the same as evrybody.
Since alot of things has been already thaught out.

3. And ehm, what drawing technics do you use? Do you scan in drawings and edit them with PS/Flash?
Do you first draw a maquette? Do you draw in Flash/PS directly?

In my case i draw straight from the tablet if your interested you could check my webcomic website www.yourix.webs.com
Igonre the bad English since its not my native language i might have done some grammar mistakes.

I hope I can learn a lot about drawing from you..
Thanks, thesmallbigone.

Well i hope you did bud. I hope you did...

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-09 18:18:59

At 6/8/09 02:48 AM, thesmallbigone wrote: 1. Most times i draw, i draw faces, but the human body is hard to draw i think...

Posemaniacs is good for practicing human anatomy.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-10 12:03:03

oi guys if you haven't already heard, kongregate is having an art contest. giving away 100 bucks every week and a few grand prizes over the summer.

i entered. why not?

Sig made by me

Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor

Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-10 12:16:55

At 1/29/08 03:11 PM, BitchWeed wrote: I suppose this would finally be an appropriate place for people to ask their dumb questions regarding how to make flash movies with MS paint as well. Fantastic.

Wouldn't these questions go to the "Where is?/How to?" forums?

My Artworks | DVF Arms Developing | Red Triad Dynasty (RTD)

Join the NGPD today! Simply PM TailsPrower! To Blam & Protect!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-10 14:35:05

At 6/10/09 12:03 PM, fluffkomix wrote: oi guys if you haven't already heard, kongregate is having an art contest. giving away 100 bucks every week and a few grand prizes over the summer.

i entered. why not?

Cool, but... we don't need 50 posts with 'vote 5 please' ...make a thread or something :P

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-12 21:32:53

A bunch of content has been added in the last few days in my account. Here's the list of what we have so far and what we're planning on adding in the near future.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-12 21:43:04

At 6/12/09 09:32 PM, Art101 wrote: A bunch of content has been added in the last few days in my account. Here's the list of what we have so far and what we're planning on adding in the near future.

Thanks Art101!! YOU'RE THE BEST!!!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-13 05:37:43

At 6/12/09 09:43 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 6/12/09 09:32 PM, Art101 wrote: A bunch of content has been added in the last few days in my account. Here's the list of what we have so far and what we're planning on adding in the near future.
Thanks Art101!! YOU'RE THE BEST!!!

OMG ART101! You are my HERO..

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-13 11:49:31

Quick Question, do [img] tags work here? Or do I have to use the picture uploader?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-13 12:28:09

At 6/13/09 11:49 AM, Vandorin wrote: Quick Question, do [img] tags work here? Or do I have to use the picture uploader?

They don't. Only the image loader works :)

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-14 11:37:49

HEY GUISE I HAVE A FOR SERIOUS QUESTION KAY?

I see all these awesome work being so cool and detailed and I think, 'HEY I CAN BE JUST AS GOOD!', but I try and never can make it look like it. They cannot be using flash because flash doesn't offer that many kewl n' awesum toolz. So what I'm asking is, what the hell are they using for good shading and details?

FOR SERIOUS

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-14 11:40:04

this is a story i also entered in storybook collab. if i could get some feedback on it, i'd appreciate it.

Link

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-14 12:25:00

FOR SERIOUS

Try Photoshop CS3... works for me.

Sure, we all share one thing. We will all die sooner or later. Thank god.

My art thread, starting from pg 18

See all my crap in larger, smexier images! (DeviantArt)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-14 14:31:31

At 6/13/09 11:49 AM, Vandorin wrote: Quick Question, do [img] tags work here?

Start your own thread and find out

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-14 14:54:24

At 6/14/09 02:31 PM, Captain-Ben wrote:
At 6/13/09 11:49 AM, Vandorin wrote: Quick Question, do [img] tags work here?
Start your own thread and find out

Wha--- wha--? Stop that.

No, [IMG] tags are for n00bs. You don't want to be a n00b. K?

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-14 16:47:21

At 6/14/09 12:25 PM, Fatchaos wrote:
FOR SERIOUS
Try Photoshop CS3... works for me.

There's other, cheaper alternatives. but yes, the majority of users here use either Photoshop or GIMP. Something raster is what you're thinking about.

though there's a short 'hack' for Flash, use the brush with "draw to symbol" enabled. Use low opacity, and shade away!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-15 11:55:57

I, for some reason, always wanted to try Corel Painter out, I got the trial version a couple of months ago, it was great, but I can't afford it right now so I guess I'll grab onto Photoshop. Maybe someday, I'll go ArtRage, I've heard it's really good.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-17 05:58:18

lol, wtf's this shit?

Art Forum Lounge

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-17 06:12:17

Yeah man, I totally agree!, Wicked Screenname!

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-17 08:20:39

At 6/17/09 05:58 AM, Fleshlight wrote: lol, wtf's this shit?

LOL! XD

For awhile I was thinking "why am I reading this stupid spam PM?" But in the end it was gold. =]

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-17 19:25:20

Yay! Art portal! It's looking really promising. But do you think that this will mean the death of the personal art threads? Because that is kindda sad.

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-17 19:36:10

At 6/17/09 07:25 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: Yay! Art portal! It's looking really promising. But do you think that this will mean the death of the personal art threads? Because that is kindda sad.

'fraid so. I'm guessing that as the news spread, many people will move their stuff there.
However, unless the mods start eagerly deleting threads ( >:( ), there will be quite a few alive. Probably those folks that like to have more discussions with other artists in their threads.

I just hope that the rest of the forum (COWs, several specific art threads a'la 3D art, the Lounge) survive the hit.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-17 19:40:20

I seriously doubt personal art threads will disappear. They're great for showing WIPs and getting critiques without limiting the commenters with one reply that he/she can't justify later.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-17 19:42:42

Well I know my thread will not diminish. I'm going to upload all of my work to my thread, and only my good stuff will be hitting the portal.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-06-17 22:06:45

am i doing wrong posting art in the art portal?

BBS Signature