00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ironelmerfudd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

959,458 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-29 19:21:15

At 12/29/08 07:01 PM, Little-Eise wrote:
At 12/29/08 06:44 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?!
Umm... How about the Art Forum Neighborhood? Each person draws a house and yard that somehow connects with the yards on either side of it.

I like this idea.
The only problem is that it would get lagged and people would make multiple connections to one picture, and it would slow down, and nothing would match.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-29 19:27:22

At 12/29/08 07:21 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote:
At 12/29/08 07:01 PM, Little-Eise wrote:
At 12/29/08 06:44 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?!
Umm... How about the Art Forum Neighborhood? Each person draws a house and yard that somehow connects with the yards on either side of it.
I like this idea.
The only problem is that it would get lagged and people would make multiple connections to one picture, and it would slow down, and nothing would match.

Yeah and houses are kinda... lame. Maybe something more jazzy like... bleh. Something!

I have an idea, I don't think it's what you meant but it's something to do: Go to conceptart.org and check the CHOW's/ COW's idea threads and pick a character/ creature to draw... then draw it! How awesome?! TOTALLY AWESOME, that's how awesome!

Formerly PieLover61

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-29 19:28:48

Ok, I drew mine in both forms.

Art Forum Lounge

"Spend all night with him, youll wind up with a sore ass. Spend all night with me and youll wind up with a smart ass - Jedi's Groucho Ma impression"

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-29 19:36:29

Collab...
How about something about new years eve?

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-29 19:39:26

At 12/29/08 07:27 PM, PieLover61 wrote: I have an idea, I don't think it's what you meant but it's something to do: Go to conceptart.org and check the CHOW's/ COW's idea threads and pick a character/ creature to draw... then draw it! How awesome?! TOTALLY AWESOME, that's how awesome!

I'd be game for that.
I'm guessing their last topic for COW was "4 Seasons Glory"

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-29 19:50:39

At 12/29/08 07:39 PM, PigeonOnAStick wrote:
At 12/29/08 07:27 PM, PieLover61 wrote: I have an idea, I don't think it's what you meant but it's something to do: Go to conceptart.org and check the CHOW's/ COW's idea threads and pick a character/ creature to draw... then draw it! How awesome?! TOTALLY AWESOME, that's how awesome!
I'd be game for that.
I'm guessing their last topic for COW was "4 Seasons Glory"

I haven't been in a while but last time I checked it was "Goblin Boss" or something on CHOW and I can't remember what the COW was. A few weeks ago anyway.

At the moment I'm just drawing a desktop background in Flash 'cos I don't wanna go to bed even if it is late... lol... We could do something like that anyway? One big desktop wallpaper?

Formerly PieLover61

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-29 20:07:48

I like the new years idea ...how about... the people on the sidelines during a new years parade (looking up, bored, pick-pocketing)? ...or the floats for the parade? ...or I dunno! lol

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-29 20:27:18

At 12/29/08 07:50 PM, PieLover61 wrote: I haven't been in a while but last time I checked it was "Goblin Boss" or something on CHOW and I can't remember what the COW was. A few weeks ago anyway.

I'm psyched, so sod it, I'll attempt to reopen the COW carcass over the weekend.

New Year's collab, a series of floats sounds like a fine idea.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-29 20:47:12

At 12/29/08 08:07 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: I like the new years idea ...how about... the people on the sidelines during a new years parade (looking up, bored, pick-pocketing)? ...or the floats for the parade? ...or I dunno! lol

Sounds great but I'm going to bed in a minute :(

Formerly PieLover61

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-29 20:51:18

At 12/29/08 08:47 PM, PieLover61 wrote:
At 12/29/08 08:07 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: I like the new years idea ...how about... the people on the sidelines during a new years parade (looking up, bored, pick-pocketing)? ...or the floats for the parade? ...or I dunno! lol
Sounds great but I'm going to bed in a minute :(

...well, maybe we can spread it over the next 2 days and submit on the 1st. Still trying to work it all out! If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions, feel free to spit 'em out!

TOAS! DO IT!!!!!!! :D

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-29 20:55:37

I finished the background, it looks nice as my wallpaper...

Featuring that guy from the game I'm doing whatever his name is!

Art Forum Lounge

Formerly PieLover61

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-30 00:11:24

At 12/29/08 06:29 PM, PieLover61 wrote: Holy shit!

HOLY TURD FARMER JUGGLING ROTTEN PINEAPPLE CRACKERS.
This dude is amazing. I wish that I was that good. Shiiitttttt.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-30 02:24:10

Renaenae, what about train cars? We could have a stock animated background with landscape and rails going by, and each interested member could create a train car with people in it doing... whatever. Just a thought.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-30 03:06:33

At 12/30/08 02:24 AM, 1N5AN3 wrote: Renaenae, what about train cars? We could have a stock animated background with landscape and rails going by, and each interested member could create a train car with people in it doing... whatever. Just a thought.

Good idea, but it's already been done... not sure what ever happened to it though :(

Here's the art collab collection page if that helps with ideas.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-30 04:06:42

Damn... it's ok. The idea popped into my head due to a commercial for "Extreme Trains" on the TV behind me.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-30 08:24:46

How about newgrounds city...or something like that dunno...

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-30 14:31:57

Hey ReNaeNae,

Not sure if you are just looking for a good idea for a collab, or a specific theme or not, but I had a pretty sweet idea. Although I would suck at putting together a collab, I think this idea would turn out well if we got enough people.

The Walk Cycle Collab!

So I was figuring it could work out in two ways, either each person does an entire walk cycle for a character similar to the proportions in the pic I am posting with this, OR each part of the walk cycle is done by a different person, so you can have the character changing with every movement! Then there can be a number of people doing each step, so it adds up to a long crazy changing animation! We can think of a funny background to put the characters in afterwards, keeping the background blank and adding it in flash later on. Let me know what you guys think!

searched for it in the search bar, nothing came up, so I hope it hasn't been done before :p

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-30 14:58:44

At 12/30/08 02:31 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: The Walk Cycle Collab!

I like this idea....everyone does his own character
But that would be more of an flash forum thing dont u think?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-30 15:00:13

At 12/30/08 02:56 PM, ArthurGhostly wrote:
At 12/30/08 02:31 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: The Walk Cycle Collab!
Each frame a new drawing would be awesome if we got enough quality entries.

Wouldn't that fly by too quick? You wouldn't be able to see anything. It's a cool idea ...no clue how to pull it off though! lol

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-30 15:10:35

At 12/30/08 03:00 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
Wouldn't that fly by too quick? You wouldn't be able to see anything. It's a cool idea ...no clue how to pull it off though! lol

Hmm true, unless we try lowering the frame rate? That might be too choppy though :/ I mean its only a simple one pose thing, I'm sure people can do more than one if not a whole cycle.. Ill see if I can find a way to meander around the issue, haha

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-30 15:17:41

what about some game themed art collab?
nah....

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-30 15:51:16

I'm going to need to start on my art homework over Christmas break soon so I need some help. I just need someone to give me an idea to use for my art homework and I'll be fine. If your idea involves working on a sheet of paper than the requirements are at least 12 by 18. If you have another idea that doesn't involve paper like making a clay model of something, well then that's just fine.

Criminal.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-30 17:16:26

At 12/30/08 03:51 PM, Tugoro wrote: I'm going to need to start on my art homework over Christmas break soon

Gyahh... i've got the same problem. 7 more by new-years.
Even worse, my teacher says no digital. Something about it being part of "graphic design" when... i'm actually painting, not designing.

-My suggestion, take (or download) some reference photos, and start drawing stuff based off of them.
-There's a large selection of people on http://www.exactitudes.com/
Warning, a couple of the collections are not school safe...
-And of course, there's always posemaniacs to practice poses.
- find fruit to draw? can't beat the classics.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-30 17:38:58

At 12/30/08 03:29 PM, ArthurGhostly wrote:

There could always be an option to pause and skip ahead a frame and what not.

Great idea! Spurred something in my brain too... If someone was particularly flash savvy, they could maybe make it so you click and drag a time-bar that can go at your own speed scrolling through the different pictures, so you can go back and forward etc. at your own pace. Anyone know if that is possible at all?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-30 22:23:25

At 12/30/08 05:38 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: If someone was particularly flash savvy, they could maybe make it so you click and drag a time-bar that can go at your own speed scrolling through the different pictures, so you can go back and forward etc. at your own pace. Anyone know if that is possible at all?

easily! there's plenty of timeline controls.

gotoAndStop((distanceDragged/totalDistan ce)*walkAnimatonFrames);

pseudocode, of course.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-01-04 10:12:58

I'm using a Wacom Intuos3 and, due to lack of space on my desk, I use the mouse it came with. While playing a game yesterday sometimes the left click wouldn't work. And the problem still happens. Left click only works half the time. I was just wondering if anyone else has/ had the bug and knows how to fix it? I tried google but it's like looking for a bottle in a sea full of answers.

Formerly PieLover61

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-01-17 14:13:16

Hey what do you guys think?

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-01-17 14:21:49

At 1/17/09 02:13 PM, Peglay wrote: Hey what do you guys think?

I think it doesn't belong in the lounge :P

What does everyone think of the Art Portal? Any features you're hoping to see (or not see)? I'm anxious for it, but at the same time... scared! Not sure what to expect! Could be a nightmare! lol

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-01-17 15:16:41

At 1/17/09 02:21 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Not sure what to expect! Could be a nightmare! lol

Im just worried its going to be spammed to hell with ms-paint sticks. There has to be some kind of filtering system, maybe like the flash portal but nowhere near as harsh..

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-01-17 18:13:52

At 1/17/09 03:16 PM, Shadow-1409 wrote:
At 1/17/09 02:21 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Not sure what to expect! Could be a nightmare! lol
Im just worried its going to be spammed to hell with ms-paint sticks. There has to be some kind of filtering system, maybe like the flash portal but nowhere near as harsh..

Yeah, exactly. I hope they have the "under judgement" system on it, and only decent pictures can get through. Not so sound harsh but sketches, practices etc shouldn't be allowed. That's what the Art Forum is for.

Formerly PieLover61