00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mochiifur just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

961,116 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-02 05:31:22

It's horrible, I mean the "Biff "picture.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-02 08:15:37

At 7/2/10 05:31 AM, annetang wrote: It's horrible, I mean the "Biff "picture.

You should really learn to use "reply & quote"

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-02 08:43:26

I went to Ben's profile and read his news post where he plugs Mabelma's blog where Mabelma interviewed Ben and in the interview when Mebelma asked Ben who inspired him one of the two people he mentioned was Alex Pardee so I searched Alex Pardee on google and found his website and I am currently looking at Alex's art and you can see the similarities between Ben's art and his and Alex's art is really awesome and it's cool how he gets paid to make magazine and album covers as well as posters and I would really enjoy doing stuff like that. This is EyeSuckInc

tHoughTs?

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-02 09:32:17

Say if it was possible to somehow create or barrow a certain trait after one look through your favorite art section and you wanted to incorporate into your own style ... How would you possibly be able to describe the looks of it exactly over the time of development?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-02 09:41:41

At 7/2/10 09:32 AM, argile wrote: Say if it was possible to somehow create or barrow a certain trait af.......

I'm not understanding at all what your question is.... o_0

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-02 09:51:59

I just got back.

There is no better way to hate the state of Georgia than to sleep outside in all its merciless summer heat.

Seriously, I've been to Egypt, in the middle of the fucking desert, and Georgia feels hotter.

Mostly due to the 201% humidity that makes it feel like you're being smothered by an invisible scrotum.

And the nights aren't any better.

I'm so happy I'm at home now, in case you couldn't tell.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-02 09:59:41

At 7/1/10 11:55 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 7/1/10 11:46 PM, M-Vero wrote: I have a rapeface spongbob hat, a lightsaber, and last but not least, I got a fucking vuvusela, like 5 of us did.
We were so hated, you could feel the hate emanating from the crowd, towards us and others with them.
Fucking vuvusela. Just wanna ram them down the throats of the people blowing them.
Hmmm, that last sentence was very suggestive.

funny that, someone at the world cup got injured by one, youd expect something like what you said, but no, they blew it so hard their windpipe basically exploded

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-02 10:16:14

At 7/2/10 08:43 AM, CloudEater wrote: Alex Pardee stuff.

I've known about Pardee for a couple years now. He's got one hell of an imagination. He did the album artwork for several of The Used's albums, and he invented a character named Chadam whom appears on one of their album covers and has a whole story about him, written by Pardee. Being a fan of the band, I discovered him through them.
Not only that, he's done several collab works with my #1 favorite artist, Greg Simkins.
I can't say he's influenced my own style at all, but he's certainly influenced my taste in art. He's a fantastic artist.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-02 14:47:00

Alex pardee is pretty awesome.
I had found out about him through a little webcomic he did for about a month.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-02 16:57:41

At 7/2/10 09:51 AM, Felis wrote: I just got back.

Yeah, pretty much what you said about humidity is the cause.
Egypt is really hot, but its a dry heat so its comfortable. It's humidity that makes heat unbearable.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-02 17:04:16

Egypt is hot.
Dry skin is not.

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-02 19:13:23

Went on a site
Went to register
Got to the security code thing
Lol'd

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-02 19:19:58

At 7/2/10 07:13 PM, M-Vero wrote: Lol'd

Oh god, I would never go to Ashman City. Everyone would be half asleep and monotone and boring.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-02 19:20:28

At 7/2/10 07:13 PM, M-Vero wrote: Went on a site
Went to register
Got to the security code thing
Lol'd

EXCELLENT my influence is spreading

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-02 19:28:50

At 7/2/10 10:16 AM, Luxembourg wrote: Greg Simkins.

I'm fairly certain that I mentioned Craola in that interview as well, him and Pardee are great. If you dig their work you might like Pat Perry, very similar stuff only some of his larger pieces have an absurd amount of detail.

Art Forum Lounge

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-02 22:38:25

Ugh.... doesn't anyone appreciate REAL art anymore? Everything is digital today, no one knows what it's like to hold a paintbrush and do what the masters did.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-02 22:55:40

At 7/2/10 10:38 PM, EmbalmedCorpse wrote: Ugh.... doesn't anyone appreciate REAL art anymore? Everything is digital today, no one knows what it's like to hold a paintbrush and do what the masters did.

Because, you know, you can't express yourself through a tablet.
It doesn't take skill to use a tablet.
You can't put emotion into digital work.

Yes, a lot of us do know how to draw using real mediums. I do most of my work in pencil. Several people use paint. Digital art is just easier to post on the internet, so you see more of it. Not only that, you can do a lot more with it. And as for appreciation, if you actually paid any damned attention, you'd see we've actually been talking about artists like Alex Pardee and Greg Simkins, both of which are painters. The best art is made through real media, yes, but that doesn't mean digital art is without merit.

Get over yourself, for fucks sake. Digital art is art, and saying otherwise doesn't make you seem more knowledgeable.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-02 22:55:51

At 7/2/10 10:38 PM, EmbalmedCorpse wrote: Ugh.... doesn't anyone appreciate REAL art anymore? Everything is digital today, no one knows what it's like to hold a paintbrush and do what the masters did.

Do you really want me to answer that? Really?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-02 23:05:06

At 7/2/10 07:28 PM, Captain-Ben wrote:
At 7/2/10 10:16 AM, Luxembourg wrote: Greg Simkins.
I'm fairly certain that I mentioned Craola in that interview as well, him and Pardee are great. If you dig their work you might like Pat Perry, very similar stuff only some of his larger pieces have an absurd amount of detail.

Oh, wow, I just took a look through his stuff, and I'm really impressed. His style is very reminiscent of Pardee's, but far more detailed and oftentimes lacking the dirty, ugly factor Pardee has. I love it.
I had to wade through a lot of photography to see the works though. Some of his photography is kind of cool, but it's not quite as intriguing as the pieces are.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-03 00:21:56

ben is a shitty artist, he just copies the style of this guy.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-03 10:55:49

At 7/3/10 12:21 AM, TehSlapHappy wrote: ben is a shitty artist, he just copies the style of this guy.

I totally agree. Ben is always drawing weird looking mice.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-04 03:51:39

heh, pure coincidence, but the icon on the right looks like it's intruding the one on the left.

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-04 04:18:59

At 7/4/10 03:51 AM, x-factor11 wrote: heh, pure coincidence, but the icon on the right looks like it's intruding the one on the left.

Slightly, not that well though. That gave me a really awesome idea though... NO ONE STEAL IT... K!?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-05 16:45:57

And now, continuing with the Omnomnomanimals...
Look what I found yesterday. Yes, it's an arachnid; nope, it's not a "spider", it's a solifugae...
This one is a Gluvia Dorsalis, to be more precise.
Commonly known as the infamous "camel spider", I could witness how ferocious this creature was (in the photo is eating a winged ant, and once it finished it off, it tried to charge at me...). I never seen a creature like this before... So you could say I got lucky.

Maybe this one would be better called "Camel toe spider"... Uh-Oh, CRAZY IDEA IN DEVELOPMENT.

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-05 18:40:52

[code]
just wondering whether or not this works
[/code]

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-05 18:48:38

At 7/5/10 06:40 PM, J-qb wrote: [code]
just wondering whether or not this works
[/code]

We've all known for ages that HTML code doesn't work, but wouldn't you need to specify the code anyways?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-05 18:50:31

At 7/5/10 06:48 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: We've all known for ages that HTML code doesn't work, but wouldn't you need to specify the code anyways?

oh you;; it works in the flash forum!
just get in the stickam and you`d understand.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-05 18:53:15

<code>Just proving that this works</code>

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-05 18:54:46

oh well, seems changing the tag things didn't work ...
it's stupid though, although we won't use it here, it wasn't necessary to liable it ..

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-05 19:12:44

At 7/5/10 06:53 PM, Havegum wrote: <code>Just proving that this works</code>

I just tried that the other day and it worked.
<code>
oddly odd
</code>

Balderdash and PoppyClock

BBS Signature