00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

bigrichardrick just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

963,761 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-05 19:13:10

What do you guys think of this?

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-05 19:32:51

At 7/5/10 07:13 PM, camrncrazy wrote: What do you guys think of this?

photography, not considered art on newgrounds, use the search bar to find the photography thread and post it there, maybe youll get some crits there

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-05 19:34:57

At 7/5/10 07:32 PM, Ashman wrote: use the search bar to find the photography thread

or you can go here

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-05 20:00:25

At 7/5/10 07:32 PM, Ashman wrote: photography, not considered art on newgrounds

Where does it say that? Photography isn't allowed in the Art Portal, but that doesn't mean we don't consider it art.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-05 20:06:01

At 7/5/10 08:00 PM, Captain-Ben wrote:
At 7/5/10 07:32 PM, Ashman wrote: photography, not considered art on newgrounds
Where does it say that? Photography isn't allowed in the Art Portal, but that doesn't mean we don't consider it art.

yeah i thought id worded it wrong, we dont consider it art enough for the portal but its fine for that thread

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-05 23:26:14

At 7/5/10 11:18 PM, EJR wrote: I also misspelt your name. DON'T LOOK AT ME BEEN.

Bean?

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-05 23:50:07

Dear Eamanwal,

Unfortunately since lately you've felt the need to wear sunglasses while on the internet, I just can't talk to you anymore.

:( <--- no sunglasses

B[

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-05 23:54:43

Dear Ben & EJR,

You can put your heartbreak letters in PM's you know....

just so you know. =P

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-05 23:58:15

Dear Kraig,

I wish we could cuddle under the stars like we used to.

love,
Ben

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-06 00:37:33

You guys with air conditioning... you don't know how lucky you are.

I wonder when "Some account type thingy" is going to happen..?

Art Forum Lounge

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-06 00:55:29

the frontpage has just become a whole lot more awesome

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-06 01:26:14

At 7/6/10 12:37 AM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: You guys with air conditioning... you don't know how lucky you are.

It's too cold here... my fingers are moving really slowy cos they're so cold.

I wonder when "Some account type thingy" is going to happen..?

I once thought it was where the mods tools went...

At 7/6/10 12:55 AM, Ashman wrote: the frontpage has just become a whole lot more awesome

Is that so... oh yes it is so!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-06 02:09:20

At 7/5/10 11:26 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 7/5/10 11:18 PM, EJR wrote: I also misspelt your name. DON'T LOOK AT ME BEEN.
Bean?

That show it used to be so funny , What'd happen to the character though he's been out of television and movies for a long , He's only spotted in that short animated series.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-06 05:29:06

At 7/5/10 08:06 PM, Ashman wrote: yeah i thought id worded it wrong, we dont consider it art enough for the portal but its fine for that thread

Not even that asham; Theres just too little of an entry barrier for poeple to submit shitpics; thats why its not allowed in the portal (if im correct)

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-06 08:25:14

Woah, games are now on top of movies on the front page.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-06 14:56:49

bad thread for bad people

cr0mZX: norway sucks teh penor!!!!!

-

cr0mZX: Full of win and kittens! ^_^\

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-06 15:12:31

At 7/6/10 02:56 PM, Sinitron wrote: bad thread for bad people

Complete the thought. If you're saying that this is a bad thread for bad people I'd like some elaboration. Or if you're just trolling save yourself some time and fuck off.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-06 15:21:37

At 7/6/10 03:12 PM, Occluded wrote:
At 7/6/10 02:56 PM, Sinitron wrote: bad thread for bad people
Complete the thought. If you're saying that this is a bad thread for bad people I'd like some elaboration. Or if you're just trolling save yourself some time and fuck off.

Don't bother. Sinitron has had fits in the past where she has threatened to kill everyone in the forum who doesn't say something constructive to her.
She's extremely angry, extremely mean, and as stubborn as a brick wall. She does post art, so I don't know if you'd count her as a troll or not, but it's best to just avoid conversation.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-06 17:15:46

Wow, I am so glad College Humor showed this to me

They even have a section that is like FML for gamers lol

go.
read.
laugh.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-06 21:07:45

Anyone here a member of ffffound?

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-06 22:24:00

Well, it's been quite some time since I've been on, I have been addicted to Fallout 3 and Demon's Souls.
Anybody played Demon's Souls yet?

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-06 22:32:09

At 7/6/10 10:24 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: Well, it's been quite some time since I've been on, I have been addicted to Fallout 3 and Demon's Souls.

Yeah Demon's Souls is awesome, except for the fact that I stopped playing for awhile and now when I play it I don't have the skills I used to have at it. Also; I don't rely on other people to help me out, so it's kind of difficult...

So, yeah, I pretty much suck at it. Good game though. =]

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-06 22:49:58

At 7/6/10 10:32 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:

Yeah Demon's Souls is awesome, except for the fact that I stopped playing for awhile and now when I play it I don't have the skills I used to have at it. Also; I don't rely on other people to help me out, so it's kind of difficult...

So, yeah, I pretty much suck at it. Good game though. =]

Well, I just beat the first boss and I've had it for a few days, though the last 2 days were spent beating MGS4. I have not played Demon's Souls online yet, I still have to buy a wifi box, any recommendations on a good but affordable wifi box?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-06 23:09:17

At 7/6/10 10:24 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote:

Demon's Souls is fantastic!
As Kraig said, it's incredibly difficult, but that's the catch to it. You'll get addicted, even though it hurts like hell. I've only beat about 5 bosses, though. Admittedly, the first level is about the hardest, since you're not quite in the groove of things yet, but it's a game best taken in doses, since it's so bleak. You need to play something less bleak in between to keep the darkness from eating your soul. My brother played it constantly and beat about 10 bosses without playing much else, but then he stopped and didn't go back because he found it "too depressing". Not saying you shouldn't play it frequently, but dilute it with something a tad brighter on the side, as a piece of advice.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-07 01:31:46

At 7/6/10 11:09 PM, Luxembourg wrote:

Demon's Souls is fantastic!
As Kraig said, it's incredibly difficult, but that's the catch to it. You'll get addicted, even though it hurts like hell. I've only beat about 5 bosses, though. Admittedly, the first level is about the hardest, since you're not quite in the groove of things yet, but it's a game best taken in doses, since it's so bleak. You need to play something less bleak in between to keep the darkness from eating your soul. My brother played it constantly and beat about 10 bosses without playing much else, but then he stopped and didn't go back because he found it "too depressing". Not saying you shouldn't play it frequently, but dilute it with something a tad brighter on the side, as a piece of advice.

I got it because of how difficult it is, I love games that are very challenging, I feel you get your money's worth and a sense of accomplishment when you finally beat it. But I do play other games, I just beat Fallout 3 last night, but I will probably end up just restarting it and doing side quests. Like I said before, I beat MGS 4, and I must say, that has to be one of the best gaming experiences I have ever had, I will probably replay that. I have been playing Dead Space, pretty fun. The only game that I have had somewhat of a problem with is Red Faction:Guerrilla, I feel it gets repetitive really fast because every mission is the same, destroy this destroy that, they took an awesome thing like Geo Mod 2.0 and just turned into too much of a good thing.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-07 01:56:00

At 7/7/10 01:31 AM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: I got it because of how difficult it is

There is a very fine line between difficult and frustrating, luckily Demon souls has enough innovation and interesting ideas, along with not being total bullshit, is on the difficult side. However a little past dificult is frustrating, and personally I feel if a game is frustrating it defeats the purpose of the game, a game shouldn't piss you off, it should do the opposite.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-07 02:07:04

Demon's Soul is a great game until you get to New Game+ and beyond, then the game ramps up the difficulty to somewhere around "go fuck yourself" and it just gets beyond frustrating to play.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-07 12:20:27

At 7/7/10 02:07 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: Demon's Soul is a great game until you get to New Game+ and beyond, then the game ramps up the difficulty to somewhere around "go fuck yourself" and it just gets beyond frustrating to play.

That's when I would probably have to put the game down before I would have to buy a new controller.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-07 13:51:36

At 7/7/10 01:31 AM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote:
I beat MGS 4, and I must say, that has to be one of the best gaming experiences I have ever had

Really, it is. It's a fantastic game. The last couple of scenes, where Snake is in the graveyard, are easily one of the most emotion-invoking parts of any games I've ever played. If someone were to ask me "why are video games art? Give me 5 examples", MGS4 would be one of those, for how cinematically, intriguingly, and just well told the story is, and how well-developed and realistic the characters are, despite being ridiculous.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-07 14:01:06

Alright, so everyone is talking about Demon's Souls. I've never played it, but it sounds really cool.
Question though, what kind of gameplay is it? I looked it up, but it's always best to hear about it from people who've actually played it. So what's the gameplay style, what genre is it, what games is it similar to, etc etc etc....