00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MssLibitina just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms!

73,153 Views | 511 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:05:59

At 12/13/07 01:52 PM, Princess-Laucherella wrote: F00d is the only reason there is a dt400. Even though most of you brainless mutants probably haven't even watched dt400, but probably voted 0 because we're the Star Syndicate (which explains it's score, which didn't even break a 4), F00d has really done something incredible.

The submission of part 1 was met with staggering disinterest. At this point I don't even know if he plans on submitting part 2, I haven't been keeping up with the topics, but I know it was a demoralizing experience for all of us, F00d especially.

What's interesting is how you guys judge the users for not paying attention to dt400, without taking any personal accountability for WHY no one paid attention. The SS has put forth a great deal of effort to simply piss off users and spam the portal, so it should be assumed that most people won't watch your movies, no matter HOW good they are.

And I say this with the utmost sympathy and understanding, because Newgrounds itself is plagued with many of the same problems. We created the first "automated submission system", practically gave birth to the Flash gaming scene (all humility aside) and have done a ton of great shit that predates all the YouTubes and other Flash sites on the web. But it seems like we'll never shake the stigma of being "that offensive, immature site" or "that hentai site." We all reap what we sow.

The SS has done some really original stuff with collabs. dt400 is a good example of the future of NG; someone writes a story, someone records an audio track, and someone (or many people) animate it. I've said it around the office - there's no reason someone should make a shitty Flash that shows off their one talent, when they could team up with other people on NG and make an amazing Flash. The site has been moving that way ever since the multi-author system and the Audio Portal launched, we just get too caught up in administrative bullshit to ever move it forward as fast as we want to.

And we need to work as a team, because Flash as an art form is still struggling. A 15 year old girl on YouTube can get more views than Waterlollies. Maybe that will never change, but as a collective I like to think we can become "a force in entertainment" that rivals all this video blog bullshit the web has become plagued with.

And while I'm at it, Flash needs the next Sonic or Mario more than it needs another defense game... Although I'll admit I've wasted plenty of time playing great defense games.

Despite any breakthroughs the SS makes, most people will ignore it, because you guys built a stigma that is hard to shake. And I'm not blaming you for it because I've done the same thing to NG on countless occasions, I'm just saying that's how it is and we all gotta live with it. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:06:10

I think that they should be called: Tankies/ Great Relics of Newgrounds

For the audio song winner, I dont think it should have to be in a movie r game, but should have a certian number of votes, favs, etc. And should ultimatley be voted by popular demand...

My Music | Me | F-777 | Kr1z | Audio Portal | For teh lulz ^^

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:14:04

I would request one, but I'm pretty sure I'll be gettin' one for x-mas.

at least I hope I do.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:15:35

I think the tank trophy winners should get some sort of digital recognition too. Maybe a bronze aura?

1) What should we call the trophy? The Tankies? The Shermans? Be creative...

"The Tankies", definitely.

2) Should the song of the year be required to be featured in a game or movie (like the Oscars)? This would encourage more collaboration on big projects.

I don't think so, because that would exclude a large number of music artists whose work doesn't get selected by random Flash artists. This could also drum up some interest in the Audio portal.

3) What nominations would you like to make for each of the above categories? These will all be taken under advisement.

*shrugs*

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:17:42

Oh shit.
Look what Wade did...

Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms!

ABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:18:28

At 12/13/07 03:15 PM, bicostp wrote: I think the tank trophy winners should get some sort of digital recognition too. Maybe a bronze aura?

Hopefully a list of winners.

Here are the suggested " Big 3 "

Artist of the Year

Flash of the Year

Rookie of the Year

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:19:07

Godlike! Don't think I'd be getting one in a hurry!

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:27:59

Awesome stuff Tom!

The trophies look fucking great!

|| AK || Play TF2 @ AK's ||

NG Archive - The Problems of the Past, Today!

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:32:46

For the trophy I'd say, name it "GuyWithHisCompsies"
Awesome!

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:33:01

Dear god I just got 16 boners.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:36:36

lmao hey you SS faggots i already have a tablet PC and a wacom i dont need this

give the intuos to zekey, tom. he has been wanting one forever and is a far better artist than i. dont listen to these people bitching about 400, ive made it a point not to say shit about it. i didnt actually want part 1 frontpaged since it aint even finished. but thanks for doin it anyways!

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:36:43

too bad i can't get a free wacom, i don't even know if it would work with a mac. and i haven't submitted anything good. But whatever. sounds cool.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:37:00

You should NOT call them panzers. Am I the only one that thinks of "panzies" when I hear that? That's not good.

Seriously, Grounds Gold Awards.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:37:22

Lights so Blinding! that tank'll have someone's eye out.

How's this for a name -
The Portals

Just the thing is that the portal is the one thing that all submissions share - they've all got to pass the first hurdle in order to win an award. Any thoughts?

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:41:59

At 12/13/07 03:36 PM, f0d wrote: lmao hey you SS faggots i already have a tablet PC and a wacom i dont need this

lmao you dope! We're nominating you for a trophy, not a wacom.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:42:05

oooh... shiny trophy! tons of ad tank puns are going around in my head right now...

and thumbs up to chulaid, not only making one of the best flashes here, but giving his money away! didn't he used to work for disney?

I reject your reality and substitute my own!- Adam Savage, Mythbusters

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:42:26

At 12/13/07 03:36 PM, f0d wrote: lmao hey you SS faggots i already have a tablet PC and a wacom i dont need this

give the intuos to zekey, tom. he has been wanting one forever and is a far better artist than i. dont listen to these people bitching about 400, ive made it a point not to say shit about it. i didnt actually want part 1 frontpaged since it aint even finished. but thanks for doin it anyways!

Fuck you, Dan. I still think you deserve the damn award, even if you're being a humble faggot about it.

Unlimited poop or salad

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:45:34

At 12/13/07 03:41 PM, Zerostar wrote:
lmao you dope! We're nominating you for a trophy, not a wacom.

o well im too lazy to read tha whole post

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:48:35

At 12/13/07 12:32 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Finally, here's a picture of the trophy!!!

YAY!

//Newgrounds Anti Spam Petition//Brawl Friend Code: 1934 2126 9747/ Wii Number: 4796 8198 3995 9066

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:50:05

wow.... that awesome...
the tank pic is great...

and looks like you really want to call it Sherman

maybe... The SHERMY TROPHY is a good name...

Should the song of the year be required to be featured in a game or movie (like the Oscars)?

maybe... yes... is kind of unfair... but... maybe yes

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:50:13

At 12/13/07 03:05 PM, TomFulp wrote: Reap what you sow

I had to overcome the place NG had in my mind as a just another dirty site, but I'm glad I did. The SS hasn't overcome the place in my mind as a wacked out pointless club yet, though I know there are some people with talent in it like zekey. Maybe one day.

Also, penicorn plushies anyone?

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:50:31

I nominate myself in every category. Also, the songs shouldn't have to belong to a flash. If it's good enough, it will be in a flash anyway. Call the tank trophy the Ozcar.

Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men, for the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work for the benefit of us all.- JM Keynes

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:53:07

You should call the awards the "Dude Your like sweet at flash and shit like that award"

This beautiful sig courtesy of my good friend Scuzzfest

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:53:21

*sigh* i hate it when a Nice gesture like an award gets twisted by obsessives into a bitch-fest over who will and won't win. Why can't we just be happy for who wins.

as an aside will someone tell the dragon guarding Princess-laucherella to eat her. her whining annoys me.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:54:45

Can you make plastic novelties that we can buy in the store?

Visiting Newgrounds Since 2003

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:58:39

At 12/13/07 12:32 PM, TomFulp wrote:

the tankies, or the tommies, but not the shermans. groundies? (for newgrounds, groundies)

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 16:03:26

I think that The Tankies is a good nickname, but you know, nicknames sort of form themselves over time through what users call them. Nobody at the Academy Awards decided in the beginning to call their gold eunuch Oscar. I saw you just call it the Xth Annual Newgrounds Awards and let the people dub the trophy what they will.

Also, I think the criteria for Movie/Game of the Year should be out of the 12 Movie/Game of the Months. That way it would be like a best of the best award.

Also again, if someone like Adam Phillips has the opportunity to be nominated for Movie of the Year through two flash, you should give them the choice of which of their own to eliminate off the bat, because voters would just be split between the two, and the most deserving guy might not win just because his votes were cut down the middle.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 16:11:44

At 12/13/07 12:32 PM, TomFulp wrote: Quick note: Check out this My Newgrounds thread!

Adam Phillips has donated his Best of November winnings to the other four winners in the movie category!

Clap...clap...clap...

The Cavalry Regiments or The Calvaries

2) Should the song of the year be required to be featured in a game or movie (like the Oscars)? This would encourage more collaboration on big projects.

No, I don't that's very fair to the artists, some musicians on this site have spent a lot of time making a great mixture but not a lot of artists will use it for one way or another.

3) What nominations would you like to make for each of the above categories? These will all be taken under advisement.

I'll have to browse through most submissions. For movie of the year I would probably go with waterlollies.

Finally, here's a picture of the trophy!!!

SHINY

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 16:13:30

At 12/13/07 03:53 PM, lolfactorie wrote:]

as an aside will someone tell the dragon guarding Princess-laucherella to eat her. her whining annoys me.

lmfao

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 16:20:39

Zekey got a tablet laptop recently, GAWL DAN. You're not up to date on anything, not even the post you were replying to!

Although I must admit that you did do an excellent job organizing those lazy spacks on DailyToon 400. If only more collab organizers were as dedicated as you. 400 turned out great, and I still can't wait to see the second half :) You've done a great job being a leader for the past couple of seasons... now if only you were to stick around :/

Also after putting some thought into the name I decided I liked 'itzer' ending. Something silly like the "Golden Tankitzer Price Of Excellence" but that might be a little... too silly ;P

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature