00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RIOTxANON06 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms!

73,010 Views | 512 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:45:02

At 12/13/07 01:05 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/13/07 01:03 PM, ConcorX wrote: I want to nominate Micheal swain for this one! I think he deserves it!
PS i think these should be called 'the Blammys!"
Was thinking that but it sounds negative... Like stuff that should be blammed.

The protecties?

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:50:05

At 12/13/07 01:15 PM, Princess-Laucherella wrote:
At 12/13/07 01:13 PM, Coaly wrote: Do you know why most people will disagree? Because daily toons are consistently bad, pointless, and really just a waste of time.
Hey faggot do you have any idea how much blood sweat and tears we all put into dt400? Especially f00d. After all that work it gets basicly ignored because of stupid pricks like you.

Hey angry girl, no, I don't know how much "blood sweat and tears" were put into dt400, and I wasn't bashing it either. I don't like dailytoons, and I usually don't argue about it because really, people can make whatever they want and make as much of it as they want, and I'm not going to try to stop them. My opinion is most dailytoons are bad, pointless, and a waste of time. Any good ones there are, are tainted, IMO, by all of the many bad ones. Whatever, the end.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:52:05

I believe no one is more deserving of the leadership award than f0d.

F00d is the only reason there is a dt400. Even though most of you brainless mutants probably haven't even watched dt400, but probably voted 0 because we're the Star Syndicate (which explains it's score, which didn't even break a 4), F00d has really done something incredible.

My first post in the dt400 thread was "wow this is fucking hopeless". F00d took one of our numerous lofty, artistic ideas that will probably never see the light of day and made it happen. He brought the group together for one of those rare instances where we actually finish something big. It's arguably one of the coolest thing we've ever made. None of it would have happened without f00d.

The submission of part 1 was met with staggering disinterest. At this point I don't even know if he plans on submitting part 2, I haven't been keeping up with the topics, but I know it was a demoralizing experience for all of us, F00d especially.

Unlimited poop or salad

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:54:07

Here few more:

Collab. of the Year

Flash of the Year

Series of the Year

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:55:43

Seems as i have a new Life-objective.. get me one of those Tankies :) It looks very neat.

Fuck the corporate world!

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:56:39

At 12/13/07 12:32 PM, TomFulp wrote: Also in the spirit of giving, we will be giving Wacom Intuos 3 tablets to a select group of artists.

Good thing I already have one :)

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 14:07:18

Do we get to have big dramatic 3 hour speeches thanking every man and his dog whilst putting on fake water works, if we win?

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 14:11:20

1) What should we call the trophy? The Tankies? The Shermans? Be creative...

The Orange Shermy goes to... GORDON FREEMAN!

2) Should the song of the year be required to be featured in a game or movie (like the Oscars)? This would encourage more collaboration on big projects.

Well... it doesn't really make any diffrence, since all the potential audio winners pieces always gets incorporated into at least 10 games/movies.

3) What nominations would you like to make for each of the above categories? These will all be taken under advisement.

Best movie: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/37 7529
Yep, the sprite movie to kick every other movie in the balls. I did actully like this better than Deus Ex.

Best game art: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/37 5622
Zombies rocks! End of last sentence!

Best game programing: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/40 4866
Everyone else can go have random sexual intercourse with themself, THIS.IS.GOOOD!

Best audio: I pass on this one.

Best leadership: Clockcrew, look at the freakinly huge community? Over 1700 movies on a single day because of one person (Bla bla bla if you disagree).

Finally, here's a picture of the trophy!!!

Pffftt.... way to little lens flare...

MUCH better \/

Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms!

Okay, okay... something funny... something funny.... hmmm.... which quote am I most likely to get away with as my own?... I KNOW!!! "I eat my own shit!" - The local homeless

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 14:13:32

At 12/13/07 12:41 PM, Ejit wrote:
At 12/13/07 12:39 PM, skreetch wrote:
At 12/13/07 12:33 PM, Ledgey wrote: Beautiful :O
I wants one.
Me too
I don't like it too much, too tanklike.

I dont think you'll have to worry about it too much.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 14:13:58

At 12/13/07 12:32 PM, TomFulp wrote: 1) What should we call the trophy? The Tankies? The Shermans? Be creative...

If you really want to name the trophy after a tank, then why not choose the the greatest tank of world war II? This tank is arguably the single most important piece of equipment of that war and is directly responsible for defeating those terrible Nazi's. The Sherman tank, although not a bad tank in itself, pales in comparison to the great achievments of the mighty T-34!

2) Should the song of the year be required to be featured in a game or movie (like the Oscars)? This would encourage more collaboration on big projects.

Maybe. I guess the real question here is: is NG a community for flash or a community for all sorts of artists? If the former, then the Oscar route is more correct. If the latter, then no such restrictions are necessary. I'd say not to make this a requirement really, as there maybe talented musicians out there with great music not in a flash and it'd be better if the judgement of what music is good or not dosen't depend on a visual aspect.

3) What nominations would you like to make for each of the above categories? These will all be taken under advisement.

1. Movie of the Year
Waterlollies or Dad's at Work. The first is simply outstanding, whilest the other is massively funny. But since both are going to be nominated any way, Objectionable Apparatus 2 (an amazingly creepy and visually designed movie) or Rienland (very unusual, great animation) could also be candidates.

2. Game of the Year - Programming
Well this one is no contest really. Portal is the movie to beat. But > - RhythmBlaster V2 also has pretty impressive programing behind it.

3. Game of the Year - Art
Detective Grimoire, hands down. By far the best visuals. Can't think of anything else.

4. Song of the Year (from Audio Portal)
Hmmm... Can't think of any right now.

5. Leadership Award
HeRetiK. For his highly inovative "The Red Line" project. Again, no one else comes to mind.

But the question that must be asked: who will vote on the winners?

Fun: THAT IS THE BENEFIT OF DIPLOMATIC IMUNITY!

To think about the world, click cat.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 14:20:20

HOW MANY WILL GET A WACOM?
CIRCA?

.M.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 14:22:50

At 12/13/07 01:05 PM, squidly wrote: I vote for panzers.

Forgot about those... Ok that's a top candidate. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 14:24:16

At 12/13/07 01:19 PM, Sterance wrote: It should be called the "Golden Cock Joke" award. I feel like this encompasses all of Newgrounds.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think the Song of the Year award should be independent of the Flash Portal, simply because there are many great full-length songs that aren't used in any flash.

UNITE THE CLANS | space cheese | RG podcasts | also cocks

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 14:28:10

At 12/13/07 01:28 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Category that should be considered:

Rookie flash artist of the year

Eligibility: At least 3 flah movies and/or games and won at least 1 trophy ( excluding TOD )

I've been considering a rookie award... We need to assemble a good list of nominees before moving forward with it... also considering a Best Series award.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 14:28:22

At 12/13/07 02:22 PM, TomFulp wrote:

you just know people are gonna be outraged if we name em after a JEW KILLING TANK

i like the name though

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 14:29:39

i like that one, too.

Jedermann sein eigner truthahn abendessen.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 14:31:12

Those are soooo cool! I want one! Anyway, my vote goes to Adam Phillips. This dude roxorz my soxorz!

And giving away his $250 like that?!?! He's like mutha fuck'n Jesus!

If Jesus were a gun, I'd fill you with his love!

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 14:31:32

I think you should give an award called the person nearest 30,000 posts at the end of the year.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 14:32:29

Best Sprite Movie?

lol

Those trophies look kickass though, and the fact you're giving out Wacoms again. That why I love this website, it never forgets it's users and is constantly giving back to them.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 14:35:18

At 12/13/07 02:28 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote:
you just know people are gonna be outraged if we name em after a JEW KILLING TANK

i like the name though

Why bother with those inferior line of tanks? If you're going after a german tank, you should stick with the"Panther", a much better tank overall and that, incidently, sounds better.

But, again, since the T-34 was the greatest tank of WW II (and it sounds a lot better than "panzer" or "sherman"), it should be the name of the trophy!

Fun: THAT IS THE BENEFIT OF DIPLOMATIC IMUNITY!

To think about the world, click cat.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 14:35:19

At 12/13/07 01:38 PM, MaestroRage wrote: If you view the portal like I do, a place for full length tracks and audio artists to reach further every day, then it becomes a much more difficult task to undergo. How to find the one song that deserves such an award? There is no monthly voting system based for songs, and there are now over 10,000 songs submitted just this year, easily.

Without having monthly voting to let users nominate songs they feel are deserving, i'm afraid you can never really make a system most people would be satisfied with.

All good points... My thought with tying music to Flash for awards was that we could see more "epic" collaborations, like the way Waterlollies had an original musical score that was made just for Waterlollies (although it wasn't an AP submission, so that wouldn't count). I like to encourage that sort of thing, but I suppose we shouldn't dictate it by how the awards are handed out... So the best song should simply be the best song from the AP. And yeah, we do need a better way to figure out what song that is. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 14:37:09

I'd like them to be called something cool and simple like "The Tankers" or maybe just the "Tanks" ya know?

the song of the year should definitely have a great artist volunteer to make a perfect animation to it and the artist should get a little direction in it considering they would know what they wanted it to look like.

I don't know about the others but Movie of the Year has to be

WATERLOLLIES. None better

Mystic's 08 Voice Demo

Listen to my Demo and PM me if you want me to voice act for you, I'd be happy to help.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 14:39:34

I gotta show me the fuck off in the forums so I can at least get some votes for that "best song of the year" thing, lol

:P

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 14:45:31

For audio submissions... do they have to be original compositions? Or can they be takes off of video games?

For example, ZombiePosessor does some spectacular work, but a lot of the good stuff is based purely off of video games.

Whereas other artists like Khuskan put out some really great originals that seem to be their best songs.

It's just something to think about, that's all.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 14:48:20

I think it'd be pretty funny to make the award show in Flash. You know, the works...a celebrity host, some more celebrity presenters (whether it be NG celebrities or parodies of real ones...or even real ones :O ), and acceptance speeches.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 14:49:14

1. Movie of the Year
That is whether rtil's Metropolis Circuit or Waterlollies.

2. Game of the Year - Programming
If Battlegrounds3 (made by Joelasticot) comes out soon, then it will most probably be that.

3. Game of the Year - Art
I am not really sure about that. I barely play any games on Newgrounds.

4. Song of the Year (from Audio Portal)
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/9 7241 This, definitely.

5. Leadership Award
This award belongs to F0d for SURE. If not to f0d, then to the Star Syndicate in General. The SS has changed the views of so fucking many newgrounders in a lot of ways. Think back to rtil's Comedy Extravagance. All the TooF parodies. Foamy shit. All this stuff. Another 100 successful submissions, called the 4th season of DailyToons with a lot of great parts.

I believe F0d should be the receiver of this award though. If you want to know why, read Princess-Laucherella's post. He has pretty much pointed everything noteable out.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 14:50:41

$500 for a trophy! my god!
next year why not get them made out of Waterford crystal and pure gold.
that's insane.

i want one.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 14:52:48

At 12/13/07 02:48 PM, WoogieNoogie wrote: I think it'd be pretty funny to make the award show in Flash. You know, the works...a celebrity host, some more celebrity presenters (whether it be NG celebrities or parodies of real ones...or even real ones :O ), and acceptance speeches.

I wonder if Adam Sandler would be available?

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:04:45

At 12/13/07 01:52 PM, Princess-Laucherella wrote: I believe no one is more deserving of the leadership award than f0d.

I completely agree. I'm in no way a part of the SS, but they are a huge part of newgrounds and f00d makes it all happen.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 15:05:41

Seriously Tom, nominate f0d, he's earned it more than anyone. No screwing around.