00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

liazx just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms!

72,960 Views | 512 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 02:24:39

Oh great Adam Phillips wins with his pile of crap, Waterlollies.
Big woop about graphics i care about humour and for that reason i would like Tankmen 2 or Halomen / Halomen 2.

I am sick and tired of people worshiping Adam Philips just because he is a very good animator. Im not taking that away from him as he does deserve to be in the top 5 flashes on Newgrounds but graphics aren't everything.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 02:31:01

I shall call it :O the suburban sherman xD

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 02:49:46

trophy names i could think of:

Newgroundy/Newgroundies

ok that's the only one i can think of

[PHP: Main]-[AVGN Club]

"You know a dame is classy when she got some jiggle in her assy." - Unknown

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 02:51:42

At 12/14/07 01:50 AM, Psi43 wrote: ps. Tom, please let every person just win one award. Otherwise Luis would get one every year for the leadershit thing. Seeing as everyone likes him so much.

I won't even entertain you with a logical response...

A Girl in A Room Halloween Collaboration II -Join Now!-

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 03:04:49

Best Movie: Hands down, Waterlollies
Best Game:
Graphics: Dark Cut 2 because it's VERY realistic, considering it's done only in Photoshop, or so the
author says, I think.
Programming: Yeah, I'm not sure... Momentum Missile Mayhem has some nice physics, and Portal:
The Flash Version is very smooth yet has little glitches.
Best Audio: Yeah, this is gonna be hard. Maybe have different awards for different categories?
Leadership: Not sure, might as well say Luis

Suggested Name: The Newgrounds? The Grounds Gold? Not very creative...

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 03:45:45

At 12/13/07 03:05 PM, TomFulp wrote:

But it seems like we'll never shake the stigma of being "that offensive, immature site" or "that hentai site." We all reap what we sow.

That is true Tom. When you frontpage an animation called Pussy Hairs (I laughed at it), you know that reputation isn't going anywhere.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 03:54:28

Not content with chucking money at people every month, now it's heavy brass trophies. Hah, you guys are awesome.

Frankly, I think "the Tankies" is a good name. Not a great name, but a good default name if you can't think of anything more creative.

For nominations, well, i'll have to check the year's best before I can nominate any. Also, good job on giving Tablets to people.

You just give and give and give :)

I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 03:55:02

At 12/14/07 01:33 AM, Vengeance wrote: If the leadership award were to go to f0d, then we're giving the leadership award to someone who promotes spam, if we have a leader who promotes spam, this site will go down. Now honestly, anyone saying "Don't judge the SS on their spam shit, judge them on the good" go fuck yourself. You's set up your reputation, don't complain when it bites you in the ass. If f0d was a good leader, he'd be discouraging spam and mass voting rather than promoting it.

yea dont judge me by how i act on these forums, i used to be a BBS faggot so i make up for it by writing "you're all faggots" on here once a week.

that doesnt mean i promote spam though. i honestly put a lot of hard work into making dailytoons pretty good quality this season, and purposely differentiating them from the usual dogshit that crews like the KK and their spinoffs spew out. the goal was to use as little avitar animation as possible, and this gave artists a lot more freedom. some great underappreciated avant garde type animators like newshape and notorious contributed this season.

but none of you would give em a chance except tom, you usually just generalized them as spam. i dont know how you can accuse us of mass voting, i mean think about it... after the time limit voting system got scrapped, stat whores (who are now the only people who vote on under judgment shit) could vote 5 on dailytoons every day without watching them. as a result, every dailytoon passed with around a 3.2, which pissed off people like you if you felt the flash was bad and pissed off people like us if we felt the flash was good (like in the case of 400).

each dailytoon ended up with around 400 views, 250 of which weren't so much views as they were page hits from stat whores. this is demoralizing if you're an animator trying to make a name for yourself. the current judgment system is pretty much a lose-lose situation for both casual viewers and up and coming artists. the only winner is the obsessive stat whore loser, making their worthless userpages prettier with shiny badges and showing it off to their Wi/Ht forum friends.

anyways yeah im not gonna knock luis he's a better animator than i and probly would have more use for that trophy.

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 04:54:07

Call them the Shermans.

It just sounds nice.

Also I dont nominate Luis or F0d.

I vote using advanced science we combine them into a single person. A mexican jew.

We shall call him Lu0d.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 05:08:45

Even if they sound too negative: I vote the name Blammies!
Or you can just call them Stevies, named after the Tankman sitting on it.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 06:37:32

At 12/14/07 05:08 AM, test-object wrote: Or you can just call them Stevies, named after the Tankman sitting on it.

That'd be kinda cool...

I wish i could get flash and start making vids D:

Oh well, maybe next year. :)

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 06:55:50

Adam Phillips has donated his Best of November winnings to the other four winners in the movie category!
3) What nominations would you like to make for each of the above categories? These will all be taken under advisement.

Well, Duh. Adam Phillips would deserve it even if he didn't make a movie.

I nominate him and Waterlollies Movie of the Year, and Portal: flash version game of the year.

you are probably not funny

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 07:25:08

At 12/13/07 12:32 PM, TomFulp wrote: There is one more gift on the way for an even smaller group of people who made noteable contributions to NG this year: Our FIRST ANNUAL TANK TROPHIES!

Woohoo, they're here!

Our cost alone was over $500 per trophy! The base will include an engraved plaque so everyone knows who the winner was.

Pretty expensive, huh? But it will be worth.

These trophies are so heavy you can kill someone with them.

Are you serious?

1) What should we call the trophy? The Tankies? The Shermans? Be creative...

I have no good ideas right now, but The Shermans would be creative and very original, I didn't knew what is a Sherman untill today.

2) Should the song of the year be required to be featured in a game or movie (like the Oscars)? This would encourage more collaboration on big projects.

Usually good songs are featured in games/movies, so yes.

3) What nominations would you like to make for each of the above categories? These will all be taken under advisement.

I'll answer this later, there's a lot to think.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 07:49:41

At 12/14/07 01:11 AM, Psi43 wrote: this argument is getting pretty gay. I could write a huge post, too now. But that wouldn't change the opinion of anyone, just like your or other posts don't change my opinion.

haha the master of contradictions.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 08:07:56

At 12/13/07 12:32 PM, TomFulp wrote: Adam Phillips has donated his Best of November winnings to the other four winners in the movie category!

What a babe.

1) What should we call the trophy? The Tankies? The Shermans? Be creative...

Tankies sound nice. Then again, I have the creativity of a walrus... whether their creative or not.

2) Should the song of the year be required to be featured in a game or movie (like the Oscars)? This would encourage more collaboration on big projects.

Hell no. So much quality work slips past due to the extreme abandonment of the audio portal. Sure it has a large user base, but nothing in comparison to the flash works.

1. Movie of the Year

I needn't say more... Waterlollies. Adam has once again killed all hopes of all small time animators in comparison to his work. Besides Waterlollies my other votes are:

- Dad's at Work
- The Composer
- Aladin 3150
- What Is Love

2. Game of the Year - Programming

My Votes:

- NegativeOne/Newgrounds Rumble
- Hen7/Portal: The Flash Version

3. Game of the Year - Art

My Votes:

- Jmbt02: Dark Cut
- SuperFlashBrothers: Detective Grimiore

4. Song of the Year (from Audio Portal)

Well, I haven't been to into the audio portal this year to admit it. Though I'd like to see DJ-Nate take something out. His music is like orgasms to the ears.

5. Leadership Award

Toughie. There's been so much contribution. But really in the end I can't see anyone bar Luis winning it. Collaberation after collaberation, countless help and wonderful contributions to the portal. He's done alot for the community, not only on the website, but real life practices.

These awards are going to be big. They'll differ the best of the best. I do have some little suggestions for them though.

It would be nice for a small award to go next to the winning submissions. Each year 52 people can brag about getting weekly first... but in the end only 3 can brag about having the Best Game Art, Best Game Programming and/or Best Movie Award. A nice little plaque on each submissions page would be great and would further lengthen the E-Penors of the winners.

Also, the awards should be awarded with style. A short animation, film clip etc would definately beat a news post. Personally I don't know how it woud work... but if it could, damn that would be good.

I'm really looking forward to watching how this unfolds. Making these awards are a real reach into Newgrounds future, it allows us to honor the best work to grace this site.

And I sound like a total faggot.

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 08:19:41

Nice trophy!

Dont Steal Music or Movie

Proud User of : Firefox 3 : Mac OS X : Flash 9 : AS2

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 08:32:30

cool !!!mini tanks ...
^^

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 09:42:56

any names i can pull out of my but for the awards:

the pwnies
the grounders
the tanx
the annual thick long shaft for ammunition expulsion awards
the L337ies
the blasties
the panzers
the newgies
the portal pulp awards

and yeah, i basically have no real good idead. just brning time and making a post cos these trophies are sick

follow me: TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 11:41:43

At 12/14/07 09:42 AM, JAZZA wrote: any names i can pull out of my but for the awards:

the newgies
and yeah, i basically have no real good idead. just brning time and making a post cos these trophies are sick

Yeah! I'm a trophie

the newgies

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

@!@

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 11:41:43

At 12/14/07 01:50 AM, Psi43 wrote: ps. Tom, please let every person just win one award. Otherwise Luis would get one every year for the leadershit thing. Seeing as everyone likes him so much.

I disagree, if an artist wins one every year, it's because he/she did something right and if someone lose, tough but try again next year.

f0d might win it for this year.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 11:49:57

The Leman Russes! Sorry it was irresistable, you've probably heard that one a million time o.O.... The Baneblades :P?

Zenaki!

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 11:53:29

I think the name for the awards should be "The Yearlies". It goes with the current system of awards on Newgrounds, with Daily's, weekly's, and monthly's.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 12:14:56

At 12/14/07 07:01 AM, Gavin wrote:
At 12/13/07 10:39 PM, MindChamber wrote:
hey Owen wilson, why dont you finish the job.
damn looks like i just got pwned by a spic everyone!!!! teh teh

ya pretty much,. kinda sad on your part, being owned by a spic and all.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 12:24:15

At 12/14/07 08:06 AM, Sekhem wrote:
At 12/14/07 07:49 AM, MindChamber wrote:
At 12/14/07 01:11 AM, Psi43 wrote: this argument is getting pretty gay. I could write a huge post, too now. But that wouldn't change the opinion of anyone, just like your or other posts don't change my opinion.
haha the master of contradictions.
God what an incredible counter argument, I bet you did fuckin' awesome on the debate team junior.

I didn't need to counter his argument, he contradicted himself, hence the point of my post.

you need to learn how to read.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 12:29:52

Has "The Fulpies" been suggested yet?

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 12:41:13

At 12/13/07 01:10 PM, YoungAndWise wrote: The Grounders?

How about GroundBreaker :O D:

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 12:53:17

i want one... btw im new anyone got any tips

may your fishes be golden,

almighty GoldenFish

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 13:17:12

aww mindchamber what ever happened to "sure, i'll make a dailytoon for you guys!"

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 13:25:15

Psi, buddy, calm down. I respect your opinion, and as someone who was (somewhat) following this daily toon season, understand. f0d can't be blamed that all these random submitters made shitty entries, he was busting his ass off trying to make this the best season yet, and not LOOK HERE'S AN INTRO WITH THE SAME MOVIE 200 TIMES like the KK, hell, there was even a skip button on the intros ;) But you have to understand the reputation the SS has on NG. I understand that in the past the SS was quite notorious for spam, but with f0d running the daily toons at least, he tried to take those to a new direction, and he was completely ignored. I remember him changing the name of the movie and stuff for the first day, to like, a 'real title'; made it real obvious that no one was watching and were only stat whoring :/ Dailytoons gave new artists a chance to get their (yes, often poor) work out there, although most of the NG community ignored them. #400 was quite epic, and I saw such dedication in that boy as he was trying to finish that up, and asked me to be an emergency fill in. He was working so hard I just had to help him out, even though I haven't even had contact with most of the SS for ages now. Luis knows I love him, and he's done really great things for the site, and I feel he at least deserves a trophy for all his hard work, but he should get like an 'overall bad ass' trophy :) Luis has been a huge help to this site for years and years, and has done more than most people can fathom... he should practically be a staff member at this point :P I mean... who the fuck doesn't love Luis? f0d has shown a lot of hard work with his d4ilytoons series, but with the previous reputation of the SS, most people won't even give him a chance, you'll have to accept that.

The point of that large wall of text was not to try to convince you (you being anyone except Psi43... yes, you) to vote for f0d, I was just expressing some thoughts and ideas, and trying to tell Psi how it is ;P

At 12/14/07 01:48 AM, JAZZA wrote: i wonder hoe they will be picked?....

what did you just call tom?

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-14 13:26:03

I WANT ONE :(