00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS

54,761 Views | 221 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 13:59:32

Aw, no shirt for me.

Congrats to all the winners!

~

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 14:01:27

congratulations

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 14:03:06

Congrats to the winners. Your art was really awesome!

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 14:05:05

At 8/4/07 01:04 PM, Stamper wrote: 5th Place: $25 + Shirt + Stickers
TransforWhores | [ X - X ]

your kidding right? i think they're good but no where near as good as others i'd seen.

BBS Signature

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 14:11:18

Congrats peeps. Alot of great submissions to this contest i´m sure it was hard to judge, but the judges have the final say, so even if we say some of the runner ups deserved winner spots, we can´t change it, so oh well.

Congrats again all.

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 14:12:49

At 8/4/07 02:05 PM, TjA wrote:
At 8/4/07 01:04 PM, Stamper wrote: 5th Place: $25 + Shirt + Stickers
TransforWhores | [ X - X ]
your kidding right? i think they're good but no where near as good as others i'd seen.

*POINTS AT JEFF*

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 14:17:26

Gratz to all winners, lysgaard's Nightmare was pretty cool.

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 14:21:26

Anyone know where that first sprite of LiftYourSkinnyFists is from? Oh and Edmund's Blanka is so badass!

BBS Signature

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 14:21:56

I really liked this contest.

Pre.Crew.Club - Get help making a club or crew.

Un.fr.gv.bl

Not really around much anymore

BBS Signature

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 14:22:02

I wish I had the mouse skills to finish what I was working on. I had completely redid the Mutoid Man example I posted In the talk thread and it was looking pretty good. I just couldn't get it to be as good as I wanted it to be once it was on the computer. It wasn't going to be winning a prize good, but I think it would have been worthy of sitting next to some of the better submissions the thread saw.

Oh well, I'll be anticipating the next contest to get halfway through finishing and entry.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 14:26:19

I guess I'm really pissed cause I worked very long hours on mine and did a great job.. but I'm not angry that I did this. On the contrary, I am honored to have had my ass kicked by such great artists.

But why didn't I win?.. sniff.

Preps to everyone who won something! You guys rock!

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 14:26:44

haha. oops, i forgot to win. congrats to the winners, though.

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 14:28:58

At 8/4/07 01:56 PM, Raguel wrote: Again, I don't even get a mention :(

Any chance on some criticism of my Atma weapon on page 9 Stamper?

I only ask because I honestly thought that I was in with a chance of at least a T-shirt for that one.

These contests are made specifically for those who enjoy drawing...recreationally, professionally, whatever. Any generosity on our behalf should be overlooked completely...the goal of every contest is simply to rally artists together to have fun and draw shit. Nobody should be forcing out pictures in hopes of winning something - if you win, cool, if not, no loss! YOU LIKE DRAWING, REMEMBER?

Also, I'm in no position to criticize artwork. If you need criticism, talk to one of these other self-proclaimed talent authorities that lurk around here. I'm sure they'd gladly ruin your day with a hearty smirk...or hell, any artist's day, for that matter.

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 15:00:20

Too bad I entered late. Those Newgrounds T-Shirts put my into a severe state of arousal.

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 15:08:56

congrats to all winners!

BBS Signature

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 15:09:34

At 8/4/07 02:28 PM, Stamper wrote:
These contests are made specifically for those who enjoy drawing...recreationally, professionally, whatever. Any generosity on our behalf should be overlooked completely...the goal of every contest is simply to rally artists together to have fun and draw shit. Nobody should be forcing out pictures in hopes of winning something - if you win, cool, if not, no loss! YOU LIKE DRAWING, REMEMBER?

I didn't draw the picture specifically to win, but once I got into it I really went to town on it, and, when I had finished, I was pretty content that it held merit enough to get a mention unless it breached the rules that you had in mind.

It just gets on my tits to see that I did, in my eyes, a worthy piece, as did a few others who didn't get a mention, and I really wouldn't have minded, but then a couple of twenty minute, half decent entries do. Not to say that they're bad, just that they're not as good as some of the others.

I don't know why it annoys me because I'm not really looking for glory or the prizes, but it just does.

Also, I'm in no position to criticize artwork. If you need criticism, talk to one of these other self-proclaimed talent authorities that lurk around here. I'm sure they'd gladly ruin your day with a hearty smirk...or hell, any artist's day, for that matter.

I think you took that wrong. I just wanted to know if my picture was within the guidelines and whether or not you thought that it was shit, or good, or meh.
Hmm, after reading back on that, it looks like I have egotistical issues with a touch of arrogance. I am a little drunk.

Well done to all the winners though, I was very impressed by Liftyourskinnyfists and Edmund as well as a few others that weren't mentioned who, ironically, I won't mention.

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 15:10:36

Congrats to the winners.
There all pretty good.

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 15:13:01

At 8/4/07 01:20 PM, Wonchop wrote: A lot of the runner-ups deserved winner spots, but some good work all around.

jesus christ shut the fuck up

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 15:14:35

congratulations to the winners who deserved it and aren't BITCHING about how they're not winning shit

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 15:16:05

by the way I just found another error:

the bbs lets you double post if you hit the post button three times. i dont know if that was already found but it seems new to me

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 15:45:30

GZ to the winners!

yay, got a tee!
..are are there contests like these often?

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 15:45:52

This is such a huge shock to me! i was almost positive i was going to be another one of those guys who just won the shirt and stickers. but first place!? there were so many other good submissions that scared the shit out of me! thanks everybody! id lke to thnk ma and pa nd evrsngl 1 of u guis.

check out my Newgrounds Sketchbook

Also check out my page for animations and stuff

http://liftyourskinnyfists.newgroun ds.com/

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 15:49:39

At 8/4/07 03:45 PM, LiftYourSkinnyFists wrote: This is such a huge shock to me! i was almost positive i was going to be another one of those guys who just won the shirt and stickers. but first place!? there were so many other good submissions that scared the shit out of me! thanks everybody! id lke to thnk ma and pa nd evrsngl 1 of u guis.

LiftYourSkinnyFists, you deserve it. Yours were definitely the best.

Congratulations to everyone else who won! There were some great entries.

BBS Signature

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 15:54:41

I give bere congrsts to he winners and the to the participan of this contest.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 15:58:56

Congrats to the winners!

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 16:02:40

congrats

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 16:21:13

I'm happy to win the 5th Place!!! :3 Thx Newgrounds!!!

I'll be back for the next contest Mouhahha!!!! and this time no pain, no game!!! X3
Love competition and make some fun!!!

I'm an Art Whore...People pay me to draw...

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 16:26:31

That was a hi-quality contest :) Big gratz to the winners

BBS Signature

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 16:32:09

Gratz to all the winners,

Lots of really good entries were not chosen though which seems a little wierd.

I also thought I'd have a chance for a shirt on mine (pg 12)

BUT, this was good experience for me since it was my first time, and now I cant wait for the next contest :)

Response to HI-DEF ART CONTEST WINNERS 2007-08-04 16:33:22

My Cyclops didnt make it !!! Congrats to all Winners

Bantilan Entertainment - Its not a Company its just a name... Lolz

BBS Signature