00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Our Place (bbs Story)

11,015 Views | 92 Replies

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-08 12:28:58

At 7/8/07 12:02 PM, Rague wrote: Is it just me or is this "Jade" thing becoming a pattern?

Jade is a mod that likes stories. Just like I used to be a mod that likes stories. I always find it a pleasure to write for someone who enjoys being written for.

In addition there aren't many strong females on the BBS interested in writing. Jade has written some great things and it's my honour to feature her as a lead character again. If you're interested in reading the last thing I put her in, please go check it out
HERE

:)

I like being in stories as well. I find myself in some I don't even know I am in sometimes :p

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-08 12:35:49

Heh, I could see Maus changing her name to Maus in the real world.

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-08 12:55:12

At 7/8/07 12:27 PM, MrFinland wrote: Excellent chapter. I liked it. But I started wondering one thing. You see, I usually don't read stories like this. But some way this is quite enjoyable. So I may only wonder what will happen next.

What would you like to happen :) PM me. Hah. No but seriously, I am glad you enjoy it. My style is not for everyone, I dialogue a lot before any serious action. But when action comes, I promise you'll enjoy it :) Hope you can stay with it till then.

At 7/8/07 12:28 PM, xthesnarfx wrote: Good story, how long did it take you to write it?

It takes me a day to plan every five chapters. Then if I want I can write those five chapters in another day. However I am more likely in the normal course of things to do the planning in one day then a chapter a day. It's a weekly cycle. Today was unusual :p

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-08 13:20:12

Nice story. Quite well written and very interesting wish I had caught it earlier.

You see the wine bottle? It WAS full!

Spore Club- The best game in production. Join.

I am the Hydra cut off my head two come back. That's a lot of bad teeth.

BBS Signature

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-08 13:39:02

Chapter 6: Discovery and a disaster

JFK Airport

There had been no in-flight entertainment on the Easyjet flight to JFK so it was a very bored Mick and Steve that disembarked and went through the complicated arrivals route. They’d cleared customs and were now waiting for pass-port control.

“They look a bit brain dead…” Steve glanced around at the airport workers… “This program is screwed up… look what it’s doing to people”

“Since when did any airport worker look filled with the joy of life? Program or no program, this is just like Glasgow” Mick fiddled with his passport wallet and slipped out a fifty dollar note. “Just in-case”

“Mick for the love of God, you don’t bribe your way into the States. This isn’t Vietnam or somewhere. You’ll be in jail so long you won’t know what hit you.”

“Fine. You pay them then.”

They shuffled forwards.

Behind see-through glass that encircled one wall of the passport-control area some men in suits as well as some police officers watched the arrivals.

“Are those two any relation?” one of the suits asked.

“No, not as far as we know.” An officer replied.

“Right, I want that Steve in here for questioning now. Refuse entry to the other one.”

“Yes Sir”, three of the police officers left the room.

“Uh oh.. Here comes trouble… What do we do?” Mick had seen the police pushing over, “Think quick”

“It’s fine, we’ll just talk our way through..”

“Sir, would you mind stepping this way?” a large burly officer spoke to Steve, “and you Sir could you go join aisle 15 on the far right of the room.”

Mick looked at Steve who shrugged, “Sure officer, what’s the trouble?”

“There’s no trouble if you don’t make any.” Two of the officers led Steve away to the control room while the other watched as Mick made his way to the shorter line 15. Once Mick was near the front of the queue the officer went back to join his comrades.

Now what should I do? Shit… No Steve, no Jade, no directions. Mick flashed a smile at the immigration officer while thinking fast.

“Purpose of travel.” It was a statement not a question.

“I’m seeing a friend”

“Address of friend”

“Uhh, he’s just up in there at the moment with some of your colleagues.”

“Alternative address.”

“Uhh look mate, I know uhh things are tough round here, can I interest you in this?” Mick slid his airline tickets across the desk with two hundred dollars (almost half his money) tucked inside. There was a stony look from the official who had however pocketed the notes and pushed the tickets back.

“I don’t need your airline tickets. Your address is a hostel on 8th and West. Welcome to the United States 30 day entry. NEXT”

Not wanting to give anyone time to change their mind Mick scooted through to the baggage pickup area where he grabbed his bag and left the airport. Steve hadn’t known everything about the States… But now there was no Steve in sight and Mick didn’t know much else of what to do.

Meanwhile on Hawaii’s far side

“It’s so spooky here…” Jade was walking down the over-grown hi-way in double-file with Zen next to her and Monocrom and Fin in front. “How many really died?”

“Not that many actually”, Monocrom said over his shoulder, “The Government bless them got most of them out.”

“But how many?”

“I don’t know, a few hundred thousand?”

“A FEW HUNDRED THOUSAND?!”

“Compared to the past disasters, that isn’t that bad…”

“And terrorists did it?”

“That’s what they say” Monocrom replied.
“Bullshit, it was the Government, clearing out places that didn’t do much heavy industry.” Zen said with a feeling, “It’s always the same from this lot”

“Could’ve been, but I wouldn’t think so. The evacuation and limited compensation damn near broke Uncle Sam’s purse-strings.” Monocrom shrugged, “Lets change the subject and let ghosts rest.”

“Damn right. After my glorious rock-fest earlier lets keep the mood up and the spirits high… Or at least my glass of spirits full..” Fin smiled.

Zen rolled his eyes, “We’re not on the stage anymore Fin!”

“We’re not on the stage anymore Fin” Fin aped Zen’s serious tone. “Lighten up my man, we’re tasting freedom now and freedom is meant for jokes”

“At least until the hard-work kicks in…” Mind had caught up with them and interrupted. “Speaking of hard-work, how do you three strapping young men fancy going hunting over at yonder 7-11 while myself and the Lady keep each other company.”

“What the heck do we want from an old smelly 7-11?” Fin said, “I like the ladies company right here!”

“Oh nothing except whiskey, spirits and tobacco. Ever wondered if fifteen year old malt tastes good after another ten years on the shelf?” Mind smiled, “We don’t make alcohol at the town yet because we know it can cause trouble and we don’t want that. But we do bring the odd haul back… See what you can fine, get a bottle for everyone and see if there’s a cart or something we can use.”

“Hey, booze, smokes, ladies… Count me in” Fin grabbed the Zen and Monocrom in each arm and walked with them to the 7-11 in the distance. “See you in half-an-hour!”

“Yeah we’ll make a rest-stop here”

The rest of the group sat on the warm asphalt and took on fluids. Some of the more adventurous explored the ground floors of the nearby abandoned buildings but all were too scared to peer and explore too deeply in the ghostly city.

Meanwhile at Mind’s new town

Rague drove the truck carefully between the piles of masonry that were concealed markers showing the boundary of the new town. If one paid attention the buildings near here were a little less shabby than previous small towns and some of the piles of bricks and detritus had a distinctly barricade feeling about them on the perimeter roads. As Rague continued down the street the houses actually had a lived in look. There were flowers on some of the windowsills and a few buildings had layers of new paints. Out back he could catch sight of little allotments, gardens and orchids behind the houses.
He stopped the truck in the centre-square that was clean and well-swept.

‘Where is everyone?’, looking around there was no movement at all, he heard the sound of a TV in one of the houses and knocked on the door. He heard footsteps inside and the door opened.

“Well hello chump” said the military man and Rague found himself looking down the barrel of a gun.

“Who..” he didn’t finish because another man behind him had used a truncheon and knocked him out with a blow to the head.

“We better get back to base and report this… It probably means another load of settlers..”

“What do we do with him? The bike doesn’t have room…”

The two soldiers left the town on their fast motorbikes leaving. The truck was left parked neatly on the square, but if the new settlers made it to the town and tried to get water from the well, they’d find that a new kind of poison had entered the water... blood and with it… a body.

End chapter 6

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-08 15:17:06

At 7/8/07 02:01 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I like it! :-)

You can NEVER have too much Jade either.

Thank you for your kind comment :)

Yes, lots of Jade is good. Jade without Fyndir is like Strawberrys without cream or ice-cream but we will see what we can do heya.

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-08 15:57:36

I like what you have done with this story. It shows potential. Make sure that you add to this later on. I hope this work for youand for god sake make sure yuo have longer posts. Really good plot but need more to it.

Brake my walls down. Trump 2036 outside of the Mexican border.

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-08 15:59:01

Shit, the title made me get the song "Our House" stuck in ma head!!

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-08 16:55:12

At 7/8/07 03:57 PM, hypern wrote: I like what you have done with this story. It shows potential. Make sure that you add to this later on. I hope this work for youand for god sake make sure yuo have longer posts. Really good plot but need more to it.

Longer posts? I hit the character limit with every single chapter except one :)

Needs more to it? Like what dear? We've had six chapters of back-story, I think it needs some action :)

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-08 17:18:03

More Jade?

:/

lol. Anyways, Sarai, it's looking good, lovie. I shall make this a daily check-back. ^-^

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}

A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-08 17:31:41

At 7/8/07 06:23 AM, Sarai wrote:
At 7/8/07 06:22 AM, Monocrom wrote: I think you forgot to send a certain someone a certain PM, telling him about a certain thread.
I think you forgot to send a certain someone a certain PM, telling her what is going on with your story :p

)

I never forget about my fans. The last update in my short story thread still stands. Need a bit more time to organize the final pieces of my next story.

I have to be off to work soon, found your thread last night before going to bed; thanks to CD6 making a post. Will give comments regarding your story, tomorrow.

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-09 03:55:26

Shiny, another story for my sig, and I must say its about time you got around to writing another story Sarai, you have a heck of a lot of writing talent and its good to see it grace the Forums of Newgrounds once again.

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-09 15:49:13

Sorry Sarai, but work was exhausting. Too tired today. Will read through your thread tomorrow. Hope you're a forgiving person.

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-09 16:59:15

Chapter 7

Monocrom, Fin and Zen were walking through the overgrown streets towards the 7-11. Around them were all the edifices of human life and achievements. There were the now ill-defined front and back gardens, overgrown with brambles, thick gorse bushes and other fauna. There were the different building shapes, constructed of different materials. The ones made from wood were the most dilapidated often with roofs missing, in contrast the constructions made from concrete or breezeblocks just had a dirty look. Some of the buildings were boarded up, while others had had their glass put through.
Even with all this decay however it didn’t take much imagination to think about crowds of people living their lives here, enjoying their work, their family time and dreaming of a better future; a future taken away by terrorism.

“It’s a playground in a way isn’t it” Fin kicked a rusty can down the street.

“In a way, but it’s very macabre. I hope in time everything here can be made better.” Zen glared at the surrounding as if he had the power to change them with a look.

“Hmmm”

“What’s up Monocrom?” Fin punched his shoulder.

“Ever wonder why Mind didn’t just get on the air-waves and announce his cure to the water-infection? I mean, even though the Government is awful and all that I don’t see that they’d use a cure in a malignant way.”

“I’m sure he’s got his reasons. He’s smarter than us here. We’re just the muscle and the rock n’roll for his dreams”, Fin strummed his air-guitar, “Anyway it takes time to make heaven”

“Hmmm”

“I’m inclined to agree with Fin”, Zen looked around, “The Government can’t be trusted with his science. I am sure he will reveal all to them when it’s right. If he did it now, all this would be lost to him, the program would still exist and everything would be for nothing.”

The group reached the 7-11. It smelt, the years had decomposed any exposed food. All that was left were canned supplies, (generally those that people hadn’t wanted to take with them such as SPAM…) bottled beverages, and household goods. It was dusty and gloomy inside. There were spider-webs on the shelves and leaves and debris across the aisles.

“What a party… What a party!”

“Let’s just get what we can and head back out. The air here’s too close and there’s no line of site”, Monocrom was ever the police officer.

“Okay, I’ve got the meat and the booze…” Fin headed towards the back of the store.

“Meat? It’s all gone bad Fin…”

“Not between my legs it hasn’t… Everyone wants a slice of that action.”

“Unbelievable”

“Yeah, I can see why Mind wanted us to take care of him” Zen laughed, “But we better make it seem that he’s taking care of us… Don’t want him to space out on us!”

The group began the ransacking of the store, there was still a fair amount of stuff for them.

Meanwhile in Boston

“So, you’re like from Engerland?” the blond drawled at Mick.

“No, ‘m from Scotterland,” Mick slurred back.

“Gee, that’s neat. I’ve always wanted to meet a Scotter then, say,” she paused, “How about you and me get to know each other a bit better?”

“Oh yeah… that I’d like very much…”

“It’s my pleasure, it’s my job afterall.”

“Wait… What?!”

“What did I say?”

“Your job? You’re a hooker?”

“Not any old hooker… Only for tourists”

“Right…”

Ten minutes later Mick stalked down the darkening street. ‘Jesus Christ, this place is screwed up. Do I go all action-here and free Steve or do I go find Jade… The girl or the meatsack… Not a hard choice.’

“Now I just need to sober up” he said aloud before turning in for the night at the hostel.

Research Lab

“Sir, we’ve got the final group approaching the site”, the two guards were standing to attention in CD’s office.

“Excellent work, any idea of the numbers?”

“We had a look in the truck sir, maybe 20 to 30… Smaller than before isn’t it?”

“That’s not important, the process is working and soon we’ll all be out of here.” CD smiled broadly from behind his expansive metal desk, “Anything else?”

“Uhh… We had to get rid of one of them… No room on the bike for the ride back…”

“That’s not important either, you hid the body well?”

“Yes sir”

“Good. Now go find that auditor and bring her here, we’ve got things to finalize.”

“Right away”

Sarai was just finishing her report. She checked over the summary section,

Report on Researcher Cellardoor

CD’s research into the effective control of unruly subjects has finally progressed beyond the theory stage. However this auditors’ work has questioned the truth, fairness and accuracy of results that have previously been reported to us. In addition although this auditor realizes it is not her place to raise these concerns, I never-the-less feel compelled to question the ethical implications of this research. Please see Appendix E for further discussion.

In summary CD’s research allows him to for want of a better word imprint a desired behavior into a subject. In addition besides from making a subject compliant to desired morals the subject can be given a role, a job if you like, and will perform this to the best of their ability; these abilities augmented by psychological training and implanted behavior.

From a program point of view, this allows us to ensure that our industries and people work together, ‘all for one’ in real life. Our productivity is sure to rise. However this comes at a cost of decreased creative cognitive functions and an innate desire to accept orders. Although CD assures me that such desires do not conflict with basic morals as I noted above such morals are almost programmed into the subject.

From a clinical point of view I would suggest that subjects would make excellent soldiers if supported by un-‘tampered’ with leaders. There are other obvious possibilities, this auditor for example thinks that book-keeping will no longer be a problem for the Finance Department.

As a summary to this introduction it can be seen that CD’s research has obvious uses. However we must be aware that the cost to our humanity is great. No where has this been more greatly emphasized than in the deaths of so far more than five hundred subjects in this lab. Their bodies lying in the morgue deep beneath this facility.

End report

There was a knock at her door and then the door opened.

“CD wants to see you”

“More ‘results’?”

“No idea.”

“Fine coming.” Sarai got up and followed one of the guys. But not before she’d locked her report into her briefcase and protected it with the finger-print scanner.

End chapter

Comments welcome... Sorry that action is taking a bit of time to come :P I am building up a story and dropping hints here and there to future plans and plots. Yes, I've mapped out the next five chapters (of which this is one). But I don't have time now to write it all, this took me an hour or so.

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-10 06:31:02

Scotterland... I lol'ed. Great chapter.

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-10 13:37:53

Well, from what I see, it's an ambiscious piece of work to be sure. But, I know you're up to the task. Any story with hookers in it is sure to be gold! ;)

I definitely like what I've read so far. Sorry, but I honestly can't do better than, "Me likey! More!"

That might change. But for now, you're doing great. Please keep PMing me when new chapters are ready. I'll try to give more detailed responses to the chapters, in the future.

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-10 14:07:51

Very nice story Sarai took me awhile to read all of it but it was worth it. I keeping thinking when you say CellerDoor6 as CD I keep imagining a music CD thing talking, lol

Drop Ya Pants and Grind, with M to the C

The Greatest Story Ever Told

BBS Signature

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-10 16:20:14

I'm glad the comments so far are positive. I may manage another chapter tonight, but that's unlikely. However, 7 chapters in a few days should keep you all going.

Thanks for the positive comments. I may be adding a few more people, but sadly they won't be detailed as the main characters who I am trying to make like I know them.

Sadly, Mast3rmind, Zen, & TBF don't seem to post on NG anymore.

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-11 05:04:47

Hm. This is quite interesting :p

It's a bit like something you'd find in one of Asimov's books, y'know? There's definitely some fiction in it, but it's got a plausible, futuristic socio-political background to it as well.

So far so good, I believe. The story's fairly captivating, the wide variety of characters with their own personalities to develop is always a plus, and the dystopian scenario is also pretty interesting.

Pm me when you come up with New installments?

plz? :(

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-11 16:09:31

At 7/8/07 12:28 PM, Sarai wrote:
In addition there aren't many strong females on the BBS interested in writing. Jade has written some great things and it's my honour to feature her as a lead character again. If you're interested in reading the last thing I put her in, please go check it out

Well yeah. That I can understnad.
But 7 out of 10 BBS Stories will have either:

Jade, Maus, or Canas as main characters. I remeber reading a story where jade was a vampire posing as a slut to gather victims. (Legend of Something)

And 8 out of 10 BBS Stories will have MODS as main characters.

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-11 17:25:07

Chapter 8

Zen was busy exploring the periodicals section of the store. The majority of magazines and papers were either rotten, mouldy or aged too-much to warrant much interest. However he smiled when he saw that the adult magazines on the to-shelf were mostly intact as they were protected in a water-proof wrapper. They weren’t his kind of thing but these little touches of civilisation were a reminder of the ups and downs of life.
Zen had had a hard life even before the program. Things hadn’t gone great for him in his peer group or later. He’d always found it hard to trust a person and that had meant friendships were hard to come by and relationships with girls had almost been out of the question, especially the casual kind; he just wasn’t ready to open up yet. Never-the-less this sojourn into Hawaii gave him a sense of well-being, especially around people dedicated to a particular cause like he was.

“Hey guys, over here!” Monocrom’s voice echoed over the aisles.

The other two made their way to where he sounded like he was coming from. Fin’s pockets were already stuffed with miniatures of whiskey, vodka and other spirits.

“Hey, policeman where are you?” he shouted.

“Up here! Through the hatch above you!”

“What’re you doing up there?!” Zen looked around for a way to get up but couldn’t see anything easy, “How did you get up there!”

“I’m coming down now but watch out below, got something interesting! Dodge!” Without further warning an object dropped through the hatch followed by a coil of cable attached to it. Monocrom followed like a cat, he carefully dropped onto the top of an aisle before shimmying down to the ground.

“What is it?” Fin kicked the bundle on the floor, “Looks electric”

“It’s a video-camera… But not a standard 7-11 camera… Well, even if it was, it wouldn’t have been on…”

“It was on?!”

“Yeah… With power and everything. I think it was motion activated as well, spun round when I popped up through the hatch. I don’t think it got my face, might’ve though…”

“Who’d leave a camera up here?” Zen asked.

“Someone wanting to keep track of this place… But more importantly why? There’s no one else here… or meant to be, except us and the original group.”

“Let’s take it back to Mind, show him and see what he says.”

“Fine, let me get the wires off it.” Monocrom ripped the wiring from the back of the unit and stuffed the camera in his utility belt. “Got the booze Fin?”

“Sure thing fuzz”

“Fuzz?”

“It’s an English thing PC Plod”

“?”

“Nevermind”

The trio left, camera, booze and in Zen’s back pocket a box of fine cigars. A good haul for an easy day.

Meanwhile with Mick

“Uhh hi..” there was a pause, “This is the ‘Loch Ayre Scottish bar?” A further pause, “I’ll take that as a no.” Mick was trying to speak to the bar-man at the dingy bar. But he wasn’t having much luck.

“This is”

“Oh, you do speak,” another pause, “Or Not.”

“Hey, can I help?” A young man of about 22 walked up to Mick, “My name’s Sonx… I am probably the only authentic Scottish thing in this place… No offence to Danny-boy behind the bar.”

“Great, uhh… I was actually looking to meet someone here… Wait… You’re not… Fuck me.”

“Yeah, sorry about that, EciliahSerrana was my ALT on Newgrounds…”

“You’re a queer?”

“Nothing of the sort, harmless fun, teenage hormones. That kind-of-thing… It all stopped when the program came in of course. Sad Days.”

“Right…”

“Anyway, I’ve got that information you wanted. I’ve got my ears pretty close to the ground you know, so if you’d like I can help. There’s just one catch.”

“And that is?”

“I’m coming with you.”

“With me. Where exactly are we going?”

“Hawaii. Sun, surf… something else beginning with S… That kind of thing.”

“Sand?”

“Nah. So we got a deal?”

“I guess, who else am I going to find out in this country who can help.”

“True”

“So nice to meet you Ecilah… Or Sonx… Or whatever you want to be called.”

Later with Mind’s group

“This is very serious…” Mind looked at the camera on the ground, "Someone might be watching us."

The group didn't know how true that was. A few miles away CD stood with two of the guards, Sarai, a technician and one of the subjects from the experiment.

"Now you see, I've programmed this one to be nothing more than a walking time-bomb. If this demonstration works I'm one step closer to an army." he motioned to the prisoner, "If you notice, his hearing has been disabled, I believe due to the extreme programming I've put into him this is needed. Human vocal interaction from the other group might disrupt his task."

"Which is?" Sarai asked.

"Don't be silly. You know, killing, that kind of thing."

"Anyway, away with the hound", he motioned to the Tech, "Send Ron there on his way."

The Technician injected the last sequence of the modification serum into the restrained man, pointed him in the right way and gave him a little shove. The subject known as Ron stumbled away down the hill in the direction of Mind's group.

"This is going to be great" said CD.

End Chapter

Sorry for being a bit shorter than I would like. Comments please if you like, or don't. I try and change in response to comments.

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-12 02:05:48

Thank you for the comments. I've now discovered Lord-Sonx is at 8,999 posts and doesn't want to waste his post here *_* Heh.

Mick's away in Europe

Zen's a non-poster on the BBS along with TBF and Mast3rmind...

Steve doesn't exist....

Hehe, well, better get focused on Fin, Monocrom & Jade :) + CD.

Next chapter: ACTION!

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-12 02:24:48

Great story. As much as I'd like to be in the story, I read better when I don't grin crazily at the sight of my username.

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-12 02:26:25

At 7/12/07 02:05 AM, Sarai wrote:
Hehe, well, better get focused on Fin, Monocrom & Jade :) + CD.

Ha, I get a smilie-face. I WIN!

Next chapter: ACTION!

YAY!

Will there be secks/kissing/groping/touching anytime soon? :)

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}

A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-12 05:21:30

At 7/12/07 02:35 AM, KemCab wrote: I read it, it's very cynical, and a very depressing view of the future.

In any case, I happened to like it.

I am actually quite a cynical person. I try and be a bit sassy and smiles on the outside, but time and age do things to you. I also live on Newscasts and papers and Private Eye and stuff, and jsut get depressed with the world.

Part of me wants to be back in China isolated from those matters above through the blanket of state control. But now a part of me is forever Westernised and I have feelings about things that I didn't use to care about at all.

Thank you though for your comments.

Group sex is probably a no-no. However individual LOVING relationship, maybe.

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-12 06:05:12

I didn't make the Link that you were the auditor, but now the sexual tension between you and CD is very apparent.

This story is among the most compelling i've seen on Newgrounds, I especially thought the introduction was interesting. The different spin on the Totalitarian regime of the USA in the story is nice to see as well - Not just another weak rip off of George Orwell or Ray Bradbury.

I have a minor request, could Mick get a random beating off a Protestant, not fatal, just enough to let him know that Rangers are going to Win the league next season.

BBS Signature

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-12 11:04:33

I've been on vacation so I haven't read any of this until now. So I was wondering, the character Zen in the story, is that me?

You Are Free To Sever The Chains That Bind You.

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-12 11:37:33

Ah, another sweet chapter.

And you can focus on me all you want. :)

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-12 11:50:24

bah, i got so involved in my story i completely forgot about this one, and it's turned out quite well. what i don't get though is how you went on such a massive writing spree and kept it sounding good

Response to Our Place (bbs Story) 2007-07-12 12:18:15

Chapter 9

“I’m gonna wake up… I’m gonna keep this secret….” Jade mumbled under her breath,

“What’s that Jade?” Matt asked.

“A song, from a while ago… Great lyrics… ‘I’m break the cycle, I’m gonna shake up the system…’ fits with what we’re doing right?”

“Right on.”

The group moved in double-file down the road. Mind had assured them that there was only a few more miles to go. The sun had reached its zenith in the sky and the travelers were generally hot, sticky and bothered. The road although cracked and in places over-grown with weeds was sticky as the tarmac went slightly squishy under the glare.

“Hey there’s someone coming this way!” Monocrom’s Eagle Eyes spotted a figure in the distance. That’s weird he thought, Mind had said that no one was meant to be around until later.

“What do we do Mind?” Jade asked, “Is it a native?”

‘Not very likely, nor very likely to be Government, not by him or herself. It’s probably someone from the village. Perhaps going for a walk…” he shrugged, “Anyway, there are lots of us, nothing to be worried about.”

Ron ambled towards the group at a steady pace, his every pace was measured and his movements betrayed no wasted energy.

“Hey Mind, isn’t that Ron from the first lot we took over?” Monocrom walked towards the approaching figure, “I wonder what he wants.”

“This is unexpected. Something has not gone well”

“Hey RON, Ron you idiot. What are you doing here?”

And Ron kept coming and he didn’t stop when he got to Monocrom. With one of his legs he swept Monocrom from his feet before planting his heel in Monocrom’s sternum. Monocrom stayed down his condition unknown.

“Monocrom!” Jade shouted and then there was panic. Some of the group ran to help Monocrom, others fell back while the rest scattered to both sides of the road.

And Ron kept coming. Fin raised his fists and attempted to box but his first right hook was caught in Ron’s own grip. Ron twisted and Fin cart-wheeled left down into the ditch by the side of the road. He scrambled to his feet before realizing that at best his wrist was sprained if not fractured.

“Bastard! My guitar hand” He took a swing from behind Ron. His left jab connected in the mans’ kidneys and although it should have been a top-class blow Ron just granted and turn and started to pummel Fin with both his fits. His muscles straining Ron picked Fin up and threw him against a tree.

Matt and Zen had meanwhile come at Ron from different sides. Zen was armed with a heavy brick while Matt had a small knife. On one of the distant hills CD and Sarai watched through field-binoculars.

“You see. No weapons and he’s already taken two out! Just imagine if I had had more time to physically condition him. Imagine if he had real strong muscles, perhaps through some kind of steroid enhancement…” CD trailed off and went back to watching.

Without warning Zen lunged forward with the brick raised. He connected it against Ron’s swinging fist with a sick crunching sound of bones breaking. Ron dropped down, but not because of the injury. On all fours he dived at Matt’s legs and brought him to the ground and wrestled for the knife.

Zen and another guy called Macer grabbed both of Ron’s arms and pulled him off Matt. But Ron had got the knife and he slashed in a deep circular motion across Zen’s stomach. Zen fell back as blood seeped through his t-shirt. He staggered then collapsed.

Jade had managed meanwhile to get over to Monocrom and try and help him. She saw that his windpipe wasn’t crushed but he was struggling for breath.

“What can I do?” She leaned closer to hear.

“be fine,” cough, “soon… get taser.”

“Taser?”

“belt” he coughed up some blood, “Go”.

She fumbled around his utility belt until she found what she assumed was the taser. A black polished weapon with yellow warning signs at one end and two little dart sockets.

“Got it.” She ran back towards the melee.

Meanwhile on the hill

“So your report? What is it going to say” CD had stopped looking at the fight. Sarai meanwhile ignored him and watched the distant girl retrieve some kind of weapon.

“She’s armed herself with something”

“That’s not important, your report is.” CD had come closer and with no warning of his intentions slid his hand down Sarai’s skirts waistband and squeezed her backside, “I can make a good report worth-while… Or I can…” He pinched painfully hard through her underwear, “Make things very difficult for you here.
She ducked away from his grasp and held the binoculars in-front of her as if in defense while the others looked passively on.

“You all saw that! This is not proper!”

“Don’t you think asking for help from the people you may cause to lose their jobs… or go to prison… is a bit rich?”, he smiled lopsidedly, “Your report… What’s in it?”

Meanwhile somewhere in Maryland

“So your da’ was a pilot?”

“Not just a pilot, a crop-duster…”

“That sounds an arcane profession” Mick looked doubtfully at the two seater plane in the barn, “That plane looks Arcane.”

“Nonsense, she flies well enough. Anyway, how else you want to get there quickly?”

“Boat?”

“Wrong coast silly. The Northern passage may well be free of ice these days, but I’ve not got months just to get there” Sonx walked over the plane and removed the chocks from beneath the tyres. “So, lets get ready?”

The two Scotsmen pushed the plane out onto the field that served as a runway. The plane was old, but did actually appear to Mick to be quite well maintained. There were two separate seats built into the single wing fuselage. Both had piloting controls and instruments.

“You’re flying right?”
“No problems Mick. I used to fly with my Da’ all the time before he was retired and I was given the job to take-over. However recently what with all the agricultural being automated there’s less and less chances. I’d had a feeling I was getting re-assigned soon.”

“You didn’t want that to happen?”

“No. I’ve got things to do and people to say hello to. Oh and I’ve got you to help.”

Mick wondered in which order those tasks lay. But he said nothing and waited as Sonx completed some checks on the plane. About ten minutes later Sonx nodded and motioned Mick to take a seat in the rear cupola. Mick grunted and clambered into the air-frame.

Sonx moved around to the front of the plane and started to crank the propeller.

“Press the button marked fuel start!”

“Uhh ok”

With coughing and spluttering the engine caught and the plane started. Sonx quickly ran round the side and jumped in as the plane inched forward.

“There we go… Us fabulous men in our flying machines”

Meanwhile

“STOP!” Jade screamed as Ron’s good fist smashed Zen to one side. Zen was groggy on his feet, but only just. “I’ll shoot you!”

Ron turned and lumbered towards her. “STOP!” she shouted again.

“Just shoot him!” Matt shouted.

She closed her eyes and squeezed the triggers. The two darts shot out of the gun and buried themselves in the rapidly approaching Ron. But nothing happened.

“What do I do!?” Jade clutched the gun in her hands…

End Chapter

Comments welcome

Got Rice?

BBS Signature