00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

vestik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pico Day 2007 Winners!

44,295 Views | 198 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 21:59:41

Ranking the Pico Day submissions is really unpleasant; I'm so appreciative of everyone who participates in Pico Day, it pains me to have to put them in order, knowing a lot will get snubbed.

First place was especially difficult this year, as we had two amazing contenders. The-Swain and Toonimated were the front-runners for most of the day, but EvilSeed joined the fray late in the day and was a total stunner as well. A lot of thoughts went through my mind when trying to choose between these two. Ultimately, Flashback 00 was just packed with so much NG goodness, from the perfect depictions of popular NG characters (I love the giant P-Bot), to the eerie Pico flashbacks, to even including sounds from the original Pico game (such as the machine gun and Hanzo's night vision)... Not to mention the NG level icon weapons being rattled in the crowd... It was such a celebration of everything "cool" about NG, it managed to snag the #1 prize.

1. FlashBack 00

Time Tank is one of the best looking Flash movies you'll ever see, so be sure to watch it too! While I love it that most the Pico Day submissions utilized the Audio Portal, I was also very impressed with The-Swain's original soundtrack.

2. Pico's Time Tank

Zombie-Pimp managed to repeat last year's victory, once again snagging the third place spot. This was an extremely close race for third, so ultimately it was hedged by the audience vote.

3. Uberkid's Revenge

Tim Frommeyer's submission was the subject of much debate here at the office, with some of the guys considering it the #1 Pico Day entry. It's totally quirky and packed with great NG references. It also gets points for being the most insane of the Pico Day entries! It's like Story of Khale on crack, or worse.

4. Pico Unleashed 2.007

While the top four happens to reflect the audience voting, the game submissions tended not to score as well as the movies, so I decided some re-arranging was in order, to give the games their dues. Therefor, I bumped Pico's Blam Jam up a few notches from what the audience voted.

5. Pico's Blam Jam

I also decided to bump up Pathway Through NG. The first impression of this submission is misleading; I'll admit it didn't look as polished as some of the other submissions, but it's loaded with heart and tons of NG nostalgia, earning it a higher spot in the rankings.

6. PicoDay: PathwayThroughNG

If you haven't played Pico's Surprise Party all the way through, you're missing out! Just remember, only shoot the bat when it's about to attack! The auto-targetting is totally hot; it's like a side scrolling version of Pico 2, only it's actually been released.

7. Pico's Surprise Party

Herpes Escape is the second most insane entry of Pico Day - be sure to click the "Continue" button in the beginning or you'll miss the rest!

8. Pico: Herpes Escape

Pico of the Dark Ages was a great game... The themes weren't completely Pico'ish, but it was totally Pol'ished.

9. Pico of the Dark Ages

I was excited to see a continuation of Pico's School the Movie, since I love where Lalo is going with it.

10. Pico's School the Movie 2

The $200 "Almost in the top 10 if not for those pesky games" awards go to the ultra-cool PiCo ..vs.. DaRnELL and Reblammed!

A $100 "Better late than never" prize goes to Pico Sim Date 2 (v.1)!

A $100 "Best Pre-Loader" prize goes to Pico Day Incursion! It was just too funny to not win something.

I'm also giving a $200 "Pico Spirit" prize to Darnell's burn 'em up! It was beaten by other games, but it warmed my heart (fire pun not intended) the most.

Just to prove there is no favoritism at NG, Luis, TrueDarkness and BoMToons won nothing this year. And yeah, I do feel like I have a black heart. They made amazing games!

I would love to shower more money on everyone, but in case you haven't noticed, there are barely any pop-ups on NG anymore. :(

At this time I would like to ask EVERYONE who participated in Pico Day to PM our CSS / spreadsheet wizard, Bob (that's his username: Bob) with the following info:

1) Your full name.
2) Your mailing address.
3) Your t-shirt size (S, M, L, XL, 2XL) and color pref (Black, Gray or Blue w/ NG logo - or red AngryFaic).

If you were part of a team, be sure to include how you want the money divided!

The top 10 prize winners will get an immediate prize pack, but we're putting together a second prize pack (won't be ready for a few weeks) that we'll send out to a bunch of people who participated on Pico Day... Not EVERYONE who participated, most likely the top 30 who happen to respond with their info.

For those of you who don't know what the hell Pico is, you can watch The History of Pico. :)

Once again, congrats to the winners and my sincerest apologies to everyone who didn't win. I hope I've done a reasonable job at picking the winners. It's a bittersweet ending to my favorite day of the year!

Pico Day 2007 Winners!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:00:54

Pico gets a boner should at least get a T-Shirt :(

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:01:08

Cool. I liked all of those submissions

Gamertag: Smileyfaceman23

My second favorite website

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:01:38

Lucky winners. Good luck to them.

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:02:11

Heh. There were a lot of good submissions.

Want to play something or just chat? Click here. For all the daily shit that happens in my life, click here.

Achievement Whore Status: 47th place as of 05/18/09

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:02:12

Good job to everyone that won!

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:03:50

Congrats to the winners. It was a great Pico day

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:04:57

A huge congrats to the creators of FlashBack, which was, quite possibly, the single greatest movie to ever grace Newgrounds, made even more awesome because it was about the site.

And a big congrats to all the winners! :-D

Can't wait til next Pico Day!

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:07:21

As long as Tim Frommeyer won some money, I'm happy ;P

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:10:07

Congrats to all winners.

what

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:10:59

Too bad my music didn't get used in any submissions :( but congrats to all that flash artists who won anyway ^^

(P.S. Flash artists, use my music next year, you'll win for sure ;P)

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:12:24

#1 place should get free stickers... That would be kewl.

Proffesional lurker.

I only post in topics I deem worthy.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:15:43

At 5/2/07 10:07 PM, MadCow wrote: As long as Tim Frommeyer won some money, I'm happy ;P

Yeah he REALLY deserves it.

I love Pico Unleashed 2.007 with a passion.
No guts, no gore. Just some luff <3 for Newgrounds.

Go Timmay Frommeyer.

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:18:39

Tom, where do you get all the money?

I dont have a signature, stop bugging me.

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:20:32

At 5/2/07 10:15 PM, MisterDielectric wrote:
At 5/2/07 10:07 PM, MadCow wrote: As long as Tim Frommeyer won some money, I'm happy ;P
Yeah he REALLY deserves it.

I love Pico Unleashed 2.007 with a passion.
No guts, no gore. Just some luff <3 for Newgrounds.

Go Timmay Frommeyer.

I love his shit. It's so funny and artistic.
There's just something very unique about his style.

Like I said, I'm glad he won :)

And congrats to all the others that won too!

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:24:07

It was great participating, thanks again tom!

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:24:56

At 5/2/07 10:00 PM, JoeMation wrote: lol ouch, idk who the last 2 names are though

Thanks =p

Congrats to all the winners! Awesome stuff, really, really awesome stuff this year. Can't wait 'till next already :o

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:30:05

At 5/2/07 10:12 PM, thombom1931 wrote: #1 place should get free stickers... That would be kewl.

Yahh, instead of an assload of money he should get FREE stickers.

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:30:46

WOOOOW, crap, i felt like fainting, i mean, after dissapointing with a short incomplete entry, i wasnt expecting much, just a 2 minute flash....

damn i feel so honored, seriously ill try to do my best to remake pico's school as AWESOME as i can do it XD

thank you tom, thanks for eveything you said bout me in that post : )

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:31:24

I'm going to lie, and say I participated to get another free shirt!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:32:08

A day where spam and hard work collide. Congrats to all the winners, you sure as hell deserve it.

skittles

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:32:58

This was by far, THEE BEST Pico Day yet (probably because I paid more attention to it). It had a ton of great flashes, thanks to everyone for creating the greater flashes! It's really cool seeing the winners, I agree with Flashback being number one.. The preloaders owned...

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:37:25

Wow, everyone's getting really good at those fancy anime battles :p

Grats all around guys. Still feel kinda bad I didn't get anything together for it this year..
ah well, always next

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:38:53

I think they'll be able to tell if your lying if you have no Pico Day 2007 submissions in your profile ;).

Let's all catch thumbtacks on our bare eyes!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:42:32

Last year was better, merely because of Luis's sexy Convict.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:43:06

Woot, 6th place! $1000, that's awesome.

Although calcoA and I are splitting it... lol

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:44:34

At 5/2/07 10:43 PM, calcoA wrote: Woot, 6th place! $1000, that's awesome.

Although calcoA and I are splitting it... lol

Congrats, liked your flash.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:45:02

At 5/2/07 09:59 PM, TomFulp wrote: I'm also giving a $200 "Pico Spirit" prize to Darnell's burn 'em up! It was beaten by other games, but it warmed my heart (fire pun not intended) the most.

Ah that's very cool you'd say that. Thanks Thomas :). I just got out the shower and thought i'd check whether 'DRUKQs disc 2' had burned, and see this. Glad you liked it Flumpy, shall sleep happy.

And if we are all posting pictures..

Pico Day 2007 Winners!

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:47:00

Congratulations to all the winners! I had a feeling Flashback 00 would win.

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2007 Winners! 2007-05-02 22:47:35

wtf tom u fukin noob picture spmmin and SHIT

YA'LL BEST RECOGNIZE. I'M THE SHIT, GUYS. TRIED TO COMPARTMENTALIZE, BUT I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANT.