00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

out-of-pocket just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

3d Artists Over Here!!!

112,374 Views | 1,138 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-15 15:22:50

At 6/15/07 02:35 PM, NeillS wrote:
Z Brush is for professional moderlers who know how to use it. I did say he should learn to model. And use Z Brush for the small details. Think before you speak, if you know nothing of the program.

dude, youve made a few guns.. I think you should calm the fuck down. you are far from pro,

and even pros dont come off as much as an asshole as you do.. relax man, your shit ain't that great and if wanna give crits be constructive or fuck off.

N E ways.. back to what matters.. postin stuff..
this was the look I was going for with SOC.. this is a seriously old render. and theres some errors. but its still pretty good for somthing that supposed to look hand made/.

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-16 01:42:08

At 6/15/07 03:22 PM, MindChamber wrote: this was the look I was going for with SOC.. this is a seriously old render. and theres some errors. but its still pretty good for somthing that supposed to look hand made/.

Seems like you used physicue to rig Optimus, I think physicue doesn`t work well with robots, because it bends metal parts unrealistically :D You know, just use link I always say...

Also, I built this wiimote to prove how skillful I am :P

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-16 02:56:28

nice i like the robot. cant say anything about it im afraid. nice style.

Forum sig? Whats that.. 3D art thread, My art thread

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-16 08:14:36

At 6/16/07 01:42 AM, Supi wrote:

ut its still pretty good for somthing that supposed to look hand made/.

Seems like you used physicue to rig Optimus, I think physicue doesn`t work well with robots, because it bends metal parts unrealistically :D You know, just use link I always say...

Also, I built this wiimote to prove how skillful I am :P

the wiimote is pretty badass, and yeah.. I figured out linking to late for that picture :-p

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-17 10:57:20

Here's that Lizard I started a few pages back.

hes all textured, Rigged, and ready for some gamin..

I rendered this in max, and used the skylight for shadows and glows.

gonna be animating him for the most part of the day.

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-18 03:38:17

cool! but did he really have to be so bright and half flouro coloured?

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-18 03:45:55

nice dinosaur

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-18 10:25:06

At 6/18/07 03:38 AM, Krayon wrote: cool! but did he really have to be so bright and half flouro coloured?

lol, thats all you can find eh?

nah I washed out the lights. it was simply a choice I made,

kinda like the choices you make to render out the tutorials ^_^

anyways.. heres a darker one with a bit more contrast..

I'll see if I can make a gif of some of the animations.

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-18 11:04:01

At 6/15/07 03:22 PM, MindChamber wrote:
N E ways.. back to what matters.. postin stuff..
this was the look I was going for with SOC.. this is a seriously old render. and theres some errors. but its still pretty good for somthing that supposed to look hand made/.

Holy ball sacks. That was made in 3d? Thats insanely good. My god that is so nice. I love the hand drawn style. Have you got any animations in that style it would look sooooo good in motion.

lol, thats all you can find eh?
nah I washed out the lights. it was simply a choice I made,
kinda like the choices you make to render out the tutorials ^_^
anyways.. heres a darker one with a bit more contrast..
I'll see if I can make a gif of some of the animations.

Also very very nice. I'm just curious but what platform are you creating these for? There very nice with the anatomy and the like but couldnt you do more high poly renders?

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-18 11:09:34

At 6/18/07 11:04 AM, RedHotPoker wrote:
Also very very nice. I'm just curious but what platform are you creating these for? There very nice with the anatomy and the like but couldnt you do more high poly renders?

probably, I just hard since I dont have the time I would need to get really down and dirty with a high poly render.
this model is for a fun lil game a friend of mine is making, he uses an engine called
3dgamestudio. http://www.3dgamestudio.com/
it isnt a powerhouse of an engine, but it can hold its own.

I also keep things low poly so it runs perfect on all comps.

one day tho, I would love to block out a week and bang out a high poly render.

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-19 01:46:25

yeh high poly is so much better but it screws with your computer speed, how long have you been doing 3d for?

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-19 17:55:56

At 6/15/07 11:59 AM, s1nt3ch wrote: z brush is just only slightly worse than using poser. it teaches you nothing about actual modelling it's just push and pull on a smooth surface and make something out of a blob.Kinda like virtual clay. Learn programs like MAX and MAYA first, and learn the fundamentals, then use z brush once you know what you're doing

I agree with you about learning the fundamentals first, but comparing Zbrush to Poser is stretching it. With Zbrush you start from nothing, and you have to make it all from scratch - or use a base mesh from maya, whereas in poser you take ready made human models. Unless you want to spend hours pushing vertices on high poly models to accomplish what you could do in a single stroke with Zbrush. It is extremely inefficient to do high poly modelling in programs like max and maya. Programs like these are good for making low poly meshes, rendering, arranging uv's, and animating, but Zbrush kicks their ass in high poly.

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-19 21:05:21

looks like crap compared to all your 3d stuff but anyways....
This is a 3d double sided axe i made not too long ago freehand( no colors).

(image had to be resized to fit ng's limitations).

3d Artists Over Here!!!

LvBombLvBombLvBombLvBomb

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-20 04:50:16

now what you do is render it in 3d and post that.

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-20 11:07:46

At 6/19/07 09:05 PM, GlueyMcGee wrote: looks like crap compared to all your 3d stuff but anyways....
This is a 3d double sided axe i made not too long ago freehand( no colors).

(image had to be resized to fit ng's limitations).

I think you missed the point of this thread

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-20 16:18:06

hey mindchamber.. you ever think about becoming a professional video game model creator. cause a lot of your work is on par with some of the video game model's i've seen.

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-21 06:27:45

At 6/20/07 12:10 PM, blackvector wrote: We should make a 3d Main maybe? Comments? I have a very good setup if we do. Comments first thought because most mains fail.

yes we should, that would be good, if you can set it up then a 3D main will be a good place for 3D artists to go rather than this thread.

oh yes mindchamber you should become a professional video game designer.

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-21 09:15:00

At 6/21/07 06:27 AM, Krayon wrote:
At 6/20/07 12:10 PM, blackvector wrote: We should make a 3d Main maybe? Comments? I have a very good setup if we do. Comments first thought because most mains fail.
yes we should, that would be good, if you can set it up then a 3D main will be a good place for 3D artists to go rather than this thread.

so far theres only 3 to 4 of us posting here, so that likely isnt gonna happen

oh yes mindchamber you should become a professional video game designer.

Theres way to much stuff I dont know to even consider that, Im happy flashin, and 3d'n on the side.

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-21 16:42:22

At 6/21/07 09:15 AM, MindChamber wrote:
Theres way to much stuff I dont know to even consider that, Im happy flashin, and 3d'n on the side.

Well i think you'd be perfect for it man. I read a fair few articles and in general for artists adn perticularly animators they look for a strong 2D ability, above a good knogledge of 3D. I've heard of people that got signed simply on the basis of their 2D work and had no experiance in 3D what so ever. You have the 3D section already under your belt so youd be perfect.

You my friend have enough talent in 2D to take down 2 jobs at the same time. You really should try out for some jobs. Your work in sprites for NG Rumble and your individual animations are more than enough. You have such talent man.

Just knock up a portpholio and take it round to some of the companys. Theres no harm in trying. Also i seem to remember you wrote on your web page that Nintendo refused the GBA game becuase of the gameplay stateing that there were "good graphics but no gameplay".

If nintendo are paying you copliments then you must have something man. Please for my sake get a job in the games industry, the style of recent titles is lacking and i would love to see your art work graceing my console. Please do it for me.

:3

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-21 17:53:21

At 6/21/07 04:42 PM, RedHotPoker wrote:
At 6/21/07 09:15 AM, MindChamber wrote:
If nintendo are paying you copliments then you must have something man. Please for my sake get a job in the games industry, the style of recent titles is lacking and i would love to see your art work graceing my console. Please do it for me.

thanks for the love man, hell you got me amped!! :]

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-21 21:10:50

At 4/26/07 06:06 PM, Vortex00 wrote: 3D Studio Max 8

Tits or GTFO! Just joking... Anyways.. looks nice.

Tits would be nice tho...

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-21 21:17:16

alright... redrapter broke up that sappy moment quite nicely...

i got a question for the blender users...
i've got a .py script sitting on my desktop, and the website said it could export it to .swf from blender.
i can get as far as modelin something in max, importing it to blender, but how do i use the script?

i'm still learning, can anyone help me?

(it's called sflender )

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-23 23:41:00

Here are some 1 - 2 hour sketches I made - started both from a sphere

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-24 00:03:59

very nice
what r they for?

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-24 00:30:20

At 6/24/07 12:03 AM, Krayon wrote: very nice
what r they for?

nothing, they're just the random crap that came out of my head :)

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-24 03:40:04

At 6/24/07 12:30 AM, J-D-S wrote:
At 6/24/07 12:03 AM, Krayon wrote: very nice
what r they for?
nothing, they're just the random crap that came out of my head :)

incredible detail very nicely done, you really are getting the hang of that program.

this is a quick 3d head of pico I did while I was trying to figure out the program.

hopefully Ill get the hang of it.

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-24 16:46:32

It's atleast 3D,well sort of since you are seeing it on a 2D suface it really isn't.Well im not very good,this is my first ever 3D artwork.I know alot about the 2 dimesions,and the 3rd one.Whats sorta like time and space,I really wish i could get a teacher...*stares at people in room*.But anyway you cant beat the old traditional 2D,inkpen and cells...When your all older including me...they would all be able to do 3D,but only a few people will be able to really draw.

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-24 16:48:35

oops...my bad.Anyway....im a fast learner...

Its a meteor...

3D takes time,2D takes skill.

3d Artists Over Here!!!

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-24 21:54:15

At 6/24/07 04:48 PM, bird-man wrote: oops...my bad.Anyway....im a fast learner...

Its a meteor...

3D takes time,2D takes skill.

Invitation to flame, no?
Anyway, not a bad meteor for someone your age. Not bad at all.
Looks like a scallop, though.

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2007-06-25 03:47:50

Im the same age as you...

Im 14...

BBS Signature