00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

3d Artists Over Here!!!

112,136 Views | 1,138 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-01-16 20:16:25

At 1/16/10 08:08 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: ......do it..... you know you want to

Buttion? Is it french?

It must make a spy pop out of nowhere!

This text is in bold, which makes me aweso and your statement irrelevant.

ArtThread. Deviant. NGcar. SnowmansLand

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-01-16 20:26:56

At 1/16/10 08:16 PM, Snowman wrote:
Buttion? Is it french?

It must make a spy pop out of nowhere!

oops I thought I fixed that >.>...
my bad..... it was made in like 5 minuets

yeah it's french I'll blame it on the french.... what are they going to do, act snooty to americans for ever...oh wait......nvm

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-01-16 20:27:22

At 1/16/10 08:16 PM, Snowman wrote: It must make a spy pop out of nowhere!

Oh no, not this again!

Gentlemen! ...

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-01-16 20:35:06

At 1/16/10 08:14 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
I have no idea what a buttion is, but I'll press the BUTTON

Jonny wins a prize..........
internet cookie?
sorry guys I only had one :'(

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-01-22 11:36:47

Hey everyone! I've recently finished a short 3D animation and thought I'd share it with you. It was made mainly as a way to beef up my show-reel, but has a potentially interesting storyline to explore. However, what I have animated so far is merely an introduction to said story and might feel a little slow since there's not a lot of action and it's mainly dialogue driven. Anyhow, you still might be interested in checking it out though :)

Check it here - LINK

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-01-26 17:07:19

This is a scene from a project I recently finished. (more images can be found on my profile) I will add some more images over the next couple of days once I finish the descriptions for them.

The vault of Knowledge contains a large amount of dusty books scattered around the floor and various bookshelves. The sunken wooden floor alcoves with large bay windows offer a tranquil setting to sit and ponder the ancient text. The ceiling is supported by large marble columns that reach out of the floor and lift the wooden beams high above. While claw shaped light fixtures cut through the dusty air bathing the room in a warm peaceful glow.

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Well he was evil, but he did build alot of roads. - Gogglor

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-01-26 18:36:35

Just messing around and learning Maya a bit more, that and I was bored.... Made using only Nurbs to practice with them some.

3d Artists Over Here!!!

"There is no Real Life, only the AFK"

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-01-28 21:50:21

just a dragon i made in 3ds max, if anyone is interested in helping me rig it up so it moves around and shit it would be greatly appriciated, im not to great with rigging models yet.

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-02-04 20:55:57

A clock tower environment I'm working on... will be uploading more shots of it in my Profile as well

3d Artists Over Here!!!

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-02-04 21:02:46

At 2/4/10 08:55 PM, Geadaan wrote: A clock tower environment I'm working on... will be uploading more shots of it in my Profile as well

hey pretty sweet, I would like to see some better lighting on it though. some nice dramatic lighting could really put this over the top.

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-02-04 21:11:53

Thanks, yeah im working on lighting now actually.. adding in lights from the clock face ( remaking the clock face) torches etc... heres another part of it i finished today

3d Artists Over Here!!!

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-02-04 21:14:21

At 2/4/10 09:11 PM, Geadaan wrote: Thanks, yeah im working on lighting now actually.. adding in lights from the clock face ( remaking the clock face) torches etc... heres another part of it i finished today

I see some beveling on the edge of that gear, it's bothersome. It appears to be convex instead of concave, if you could get that fixed it would be great. also the floor looks a little flat at this angle, perhaps you should get a bump map on it, if you have one already, increase the out put, it'll give the texture some extra added life.

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-02-08 21:39:55

hello..I've just recently animated a character that I made awhile back as part of my showreel. Just a short sequence of dialogue.

Check it out! - LINK

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-02-08 21:44:50

At 2/8/10 09:39 PM, Zandoid wrote: hello..I've just recently animated a character that I made awhile back as part of my showreel. Just a short sequence of dialogue.

Check it out! - LINK

in all honestly I don't feel her talking, at all.
sure she opens her mouth, but hey don't make the letters she should.
this causes a defect in the realism and and breaks the illusion.

I would suggest studying the mouth deformations of someone speaking and then reanimate the lip sync.

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-02-08 22:21:17

At 2/8/10 09:44 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 2/8/10 09:39 PM, Zandoid wrote: hello..I've just recently animated a character that I made awhile back as part of my showreel. Just a short sequence of dialogue.

Check it out! - LINK
in all honestly I don't feel her talking, at all.
sure she opens her mouth, but hey don't make the letters she should.
this causes a defect in the realism and and breaks the illusion.

I would suggest studying the mouth deformations of someone speaking and then reanimate the lip sync.

I appreciate your feedback. I think what was really limiting about the mouth animation from my experience was that her rig wasn't flexible enough for me to get certain mouth expressions - (this is something that I'd be inclined to work on more next time) - as for studying mouth deformations - I certainly did. I think what makes you not "feel" anything could be the lack of expression that surrounds the mouth - such as lack of facual creases, etc. But for the mouth itself, it's fine for what it is, otherwise, I must talk weirdly.

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-02-08 22:45:28

At 2/8/10 10:21 PM, Zandoid wrote:
At 2/8/10 09:44 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: I would suggest studying the mouth deformations of someone speaking and then reanimate the lip sync.
But for the mouth itself, it's fine for what it is, otherwise, I must talk weirdly.

No, I agree with Kinsei. There's just something not right about her mouth. She almost talk's like a puppet, her lips not forming any sounds.

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-02-09 04:14:07

At 2/8/10 10:21 PM, Zandoid wrote: I appreciate your feedback. I think what was really limiting about the mouth animation from my experience was that her rig wasn't flexible enough for me to get certain mouth expressions - (this is something that I'd be inclined to work on more next time) - as for studying mouth deformations - I certainly did. I think what makes you not "feel" anything could be the lack of expression that surrounds the mouth - such as lack of facual creases, etc. But for the mouth itself, it's fine for what it is, otherwise, I must talk weirdly.

Actually your mouth does not form properly. It had very little to do, or even nothing at all with the surrounding facial features.
When a person speaks the mouth deforms in certain ways to makes certain "Letters" usually this is very little except when makeing letters like "M," "B," "O," "C," "E," and a few others.....
When doing lip sync, don't forget to make sound charts, rough out by hand (or get reference of certain mouth positions) a mirror to look at your own mouth making the sounds. Lastly practically memorise the lines you are trying to do...

if the model lacks features to make the deformations needed to do proper speech then the rig needs to be fixed or scrapped.
know it seems like I am being a little harsh on this, but it needs to be done.
In all honesty the reason it is easy to notice all of this is because it is a close up of the model. it it wasn't such a close up and it was moving or even walking you could have "Cheated" or "Cut corners" (we all do it, don't feel bad....) and almost no one probably have noticed.

model still looks nice though....

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-02-09 06:01:04

yep, that's fine. My bad. Could you show me some of your lip sync animations?

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-02-09 08:17:50

At 2/9/10 06:01 AM, Zandoid wrote: yep, that's fine. My bad. Could you show me some of your lip sync animations?

I only have one on the net, and it's in my demo reel. and not my finished Reel sadly.
it starts at about 00:50 and is only about 15 seconds long, still it was more then enough to get an A during character animation.

Hogan rig by P.J. Leffelman. the hogan rig is a excellent animation tool to help you get good solid character animations with out having to worry about modeling. It's one of the most common rigs to practice 3d character animation.

have to give credit, Ai won't back me if I don't

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-03-26 21:04:30

bumping by request...

3d Artists Over Here!!!

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-03-26 23:18:44

I do 3D also. This is a small part of a scene I'm currently working on in my spare time.

3d Artists Over Here!!!

D:

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-04-19 15:18:14

HI guys, I just need some critque on this, it is for final aniamtion in my 3d class. I only have a few weeks to finish.

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Newgrounds Gallery: click image.

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-06-02 16:06:05

Hey, don't know if anyone uses this thread still, but does anyone know a place where i can find a tutorial to get up-and-running with Blender?

(Also, is there a way to connect the models into to XNA?)

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-06-02 16:08:17

At 6/2/10 04:06 PM, kernalphage wrote: Hey, don't know if anyone uses this thread still, but does anyone know a place where i can find a tutorial to get up-and-running with Blender?

This thread gets an update from time to time.
googling tutorials is one way. I tend to use Tutorialized for kind of a one stop tutorial place for all programs
Here is a link to the Blender page.

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2010-06-02 17:38:16

At 6/2/10 04:06 PM, kernalphage wrote: Hey, don't know if anyone uses this thread still, but does anyone know a place where i can find a tutorial to get up-and-running with Blender?

youtube it, theres loads, one of ems bound to help you

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2014-01-17 14:36:02

I'm resurrecting this thread.

Here's a thing I made from scratch in one night.

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2014-01-24 20:45:25

Here is one of mine. you can see more of my work at http://www.thoseguys-studio.com/#!page2/cjg9

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2014-01-24 23:53:03

Sculpture I'm working on at the moment, he's gonna hold a staff with a little working lamp on top of it.
It's based on one of my earlier scultptures, but a lot bigger this time.
Painting is almost done now, still working on the staff and wiring.

Knock knock.

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2014-01-24 23:54:19

At 1/24/14 11:53 PM, b0em wrote: Painting is almost done now, still working on the staff and wiring.

Sorry for double posting but the pic did not upload for some reason.

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Knock knock.

BBS Signature