00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Etwig just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

DAG messages

20,994 Views | 792 Replies

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 13:41:05

At 6/3/03 01:38 PM, antiqkk wrote:
I already did email Nirvana13666. Thing is I don't use AOL. What do i need to join the group page? Some AOL queer plug-in or messenger? Or is it just simple?

I don't use AOL either it's pretty simple.

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 13:42:47

At 6/3/03 01:38 PM, antiqkk wrote: I already did email Nirvana13666. Thing is I don't use AOL. What do i need to join the group page? Some AOL queer plug-in or messenger? Or is it just simple?

alright, all you have to do is sign up for an AIM username. You don't have to download AIM, you just need a username and password BEFORE you are invited in. The invitation goes by username, so an invitation to someone without one wont work.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 13:49:32

At 6/3/03 01:42 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 6/3/03 01:38 PM, antiqkk wrote:
alright, all you have to do is sign up for an AIM username. You don't have to download AIM, you just need a username and password BEFORE you are invited in. The invitation goes by username, so an invitation to someone without one wont work.

Ok just did it. Screen name is antiqkk

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 13:57:28

Welcome aboard!
Kill all those opposed right?!!!
j/k

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 15:24:26

I don't mean to be insulting, but in the interests of knowing the difference, let's just drop all pretenses for a minute.

The DAG has a good deal less "quality control". The PC is open minded, but the DAG is open minded and open. They'll really let anyone in.

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 16:01:27

At 6/3/03 03:24 PM, Ted_Easton wrote: I don't mean to be insulting, but in the interests of knowing the difference, let's just drop all pretenses for a minute.

The DAG has a good deal less "quality control". The PC is open minded, but the DAG is open minded and open. They'll really let anyone in.

As for the PC well they are full of "Quality control" being a organization of the critical and judgemental minds, they then assign a GAD to haunt you and break down annalyze your post and see if your decent enough for the harsh humiliation of a private vote,after that you are consumed by lies of the PC.Were you forget about NG and retreat to the land of pricks...Snooble.

Your feeble remark was pointless implying that we are open as in slutty...hahaha..good one.
<High fives ted>

Hey ted i dont mean to be insulting but,"your an ass"
Just because you say "i dont mean to be insulting" before a sentence doesnt mean it makes it less insulting.

Ted the DAG will unleash a evil that you will not be able to contain:
CANNIBAL ATTACK!!!

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 16:05:05

At 6/3/03 03:24 PM, Ted_Easton wrote: I don't mean to be insulting, but in the interests of knowing the difference, let's just drop all pretenses for a minute.

Agreed. I think there is a great deal of misunderstanding here. The PC is not some goon squadron that requires everyone to agree, nor is it a "club for those who wish to simply be in a club". It is also not for people who never wish to admit they're wrong. Nor is it some pseudo-corporate organization bent on pushing our beliefs upon everyone. We aren't some "wanna-be street gang for anti-social agoraphobes". Indeed, that does not describe either group, and if it did, I believe it would describe the DAG better.

In any event, the fact is that every ideal the DAG is based upon is modeled after the PC. And the DAG has kept changing it's stance and it's own foundations to suit the arguement at hand. And that's silly. I commend you, Shih and Funk, for trying to at least honestly represent the PC in Anti's queries, but some of the lines like "We're more open-minded" and "We're more agressive" Aren't true, and you know it. If they are, then tell me how you quantify "open-mindedness" and agressiveness.

"A witty quote proves nothing."

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 16:23:27

At 6/3/03 04:01 PM, nitroxide wrote: Ted the DAG will unleash a evil that you will not be able to contain:
CANNIBAL ATTACK!!!

oh shit, we're still cleaning up the mess from LAST time......

BBS Signature

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 16:23:49

At 6/3/03 04:01 PM, nitroxide wrote: As for the PC well they are full of "Quality control"

You make this sound like it were a bad thing

being a organization of the critical and judgemental minds,

And no one in the DAG is either of those. Good joke.

they then assign a GAD to haunt you and break down annalyze your post and see if your decent enough for the harsh humiliation of a private vote

If you will have your feelings hurt by someone online, or by a small group of people online, then you don't have what it takes to be in the PC. The completely spineless aren't welcome at all.

after that you are consumed by lies of the PC.

What lies? Tell me the lies. I guess since I'm in the PC I'm too brainwashed to understand, huh? Seriously. What lies? Let's hear 'em. Out with it.

Were you forget about NG and retreat to the land of pricks...Snooble.

No body has forgotten NG. And I'd like to add that in the past, Snooble has only seen more posts from us than NG when we first set up shop there. For one damn month.
And just because you don't get along with a couple of PC members does not mean we're all pricks. I honestly thought you knew better.

Just because you say "i dont mean to be insulting" before a sentence doesnt mean it makes it less insulting.

But sometimes things have to be said.

CANNIBAL ATTACK!!!

No one in the PC is scared of canibal. I'd say that no-one on NG is or possibly could be scared of the little ankle-biter.

~
The one and only....
'THE "I have come to show you the FUCKING light, NOW LOOK!" SHRIKE'

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 16:29:34

*sigh* the reason the dag matters and should exist doesnt really matter in its policy, it matters so that the pc does not monopolize the forum, thats all. guys this is only the internet, don't take yourselves to seriously. thats another reason i like the dag.. MORE FUN FOR EVERYONE

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 16:31:47

We assign a GA to make sure a person isn't a one-month wonder, and hasn't simply made a few half-decent posts. We do this, and we endure the stigma of being "close-minded", "elitist", and "judgemental", because the ying yang you see in our sigs means we are of high quality. That symbolizes they have passed the scrutiny of others and have been deemed worthy of the mark of respect.

And I know saying "I don't mean to be insulting" doesn't make it less insulting, but it does mean I'm saying things that are meant to be more than insults.
If I wanted to insult you, I wouldn't have any respect for you. The only reason I have some respect for the DAG is because of FUNK, who I have a little for.

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 16:39:48

We do this, and we endure the stigma of being "close-minded", "elitist", and "judgemental", because the ying yang you see in our sigs means we are of high quality.
\
Did someone dare beckon the horrible name of CANNIBAL??? oh gee, what do we have here...p.c., huh, coming to start a war with the awesome power of the dag...you only wish you were "elite" you silly teddy bear. In reality, you are a bunch of nerds who got picked on too much in high school, bunched up together thinking you are all strong now. Bring it on! The yin yangs in your sigs make me wanna fuckin barf, they symbolize losers who think they are smart and high class...Lock all you doors, grab your children and wives, the four horsemen are on the loose now. Why would you come on this thread, and try to start something? How fuckin stupid are you? We aren't afraid of your numbers!

*grabs a knife, carves an X in forehead*
I have x'd myself out of your society

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 16:43:14

At 6/3/03 04:05 PM, TheShrike wrote:

Agreed. I think there is a great deal of misunderstanding here. The PC is not some goon squadron that requires everyone to agree, nor is it a "club for those who wish to simply be in a club". It is also not for people who never wish to admit they're wrong. Nor is it some pseudo-corporate organization bent on pushing our beliefs upon everyone. We aren't some "wanna-be street gang for anti-social agoraphobes". Indeed, that does not describe either group, and if it did, I believe it would describe the DAG better.

In any event, the fact is that every ideal the DAG is based upon is modeled after the PC. And the DAG has kept changing it's stance and it's own foundations to suit the arguement at hand. And that's silly. I commend you, Shih and Funk, for trying to at least honestly represent the PC in Anti's queries, but some of the lines like "We're more open-minded" and "We're more agressive" Aren't true, and you know it. If they are, then tell me how you quantify "open-mindedness" and agressiveness.

Right off the bat I'd like to say as tactlessly as he put Nitro's right Ted saying "I don't mean to be insulting" and then insulting the person isn't just condescending it's offensive, I'm asking you to at least openly insult the DAG if you must, don't try and be subtle about it assuming we won't notice Ted.

As far as "quality control" goes you're right we don't believe in it because everyones beliefs on topics like politics are valid even if we don't agree with them. WHen saying we're more open-minded than the PC I mean that while the PC as group tends to agree with each other (this is not an all inclusive statement I realize you do vary on some issues but not having access to Snooble can make it difficult to tell how much) the DAGers rarely agree on anything in the political spectrum.
When it comes to being aggressive we tend to be much more militant in our viewpoints than the PC. I don't say this is always a good thing or always a bad thing it's solely and observation.

We've never changed our stance simply because the DAG has no stance, it's goal is to promote chaos and therefore thought. Our foundations have always been as such and never changed. I see the way of doing this differently than FUNK or Canni or any other DAGer, and I believe people will join for different reasons than they do just as they're opinions differ from mine. That's what the DAG is about though differences. I'm not saying the PC is conformist simply that it has a much more similar member base than we do.

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 16:44:45

No one in the PC is scared of canibal. I'd say that no-one on NG is or possibly could be scared of the little ankle-biter.

oooohhhh big words shrikey, you know I have never had a problem with you man, I thought we were cool. guess not. p.s. it is spelled CANNIBAL, learn to spell dipshit! Bring all you got p.c. like I am afraid of any you! People will back me on this too, I am not alone, just ask NITRO!!!

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 16:50:37

Quantify openmindedness and aggressiveness. Ok, Ill give it a shot.

Agressiveness (for the sake of the argument)=topic maintenance without flaming. DAG topics, while fewer in number, tend to be DAG dominated. Hell, even non-DAG topics that DAGers like tend to stay at the top of the chart, for the simple fact that most DAGers are prolific posters. I post all day at work, and Shih, Nitroxide, Cannibal, and Lyddiechu are pretty commone names in the forum. We may be small in number, but the letters "DAG" blaze across every worthwhile thread around.

Open mindedness. The DAG is willing to accept any train of argument, provided it has a valid base and lacks flame. Pro-Fascism? As long as you support your argument with valid reasoning (ie, Fascism is a very efficient and progressive form of government), be assured a DAG will be willing to agree with you.

But the main perk of being a DAG is that there are always people willing to give a good arument. PCs generally dislike us, creating a catalyst for great bi-partisan debate between the two styles. PC-style; which is support your own view, and attack the opposing view, and DAG-style; find common ground with your opponent and use their arguments to build a conclusion both sides can agree upon.

BBS Signature

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 16:52:19

I want you to get up and scream, hold your hands in some stupid saying, I want you to get up and burn an X in your heads. Do as I have done.

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 17:00:04

At 6/3/03 04:39 PM, cannibal7878 wrote: oh gee, what do we have here...p.c., huh, coming to start a war with the awesome power of the dag...

LOL don't make me laugh. Only an idiot would see what has been posted and mistake it for some sort of war.

you only wish you were "elite" you silly teddy bear. In reality, you are a bunch of nerds who got picked on too much in high school

A little background on TheShrike...
He used to eat idiot punks like you for breakfast, and still does when he feels like wasting his time.
I'm a geek. A fucking 6'2", 190 lbs of muscle, black belt karate geek. I've ten times your mental capacity, and you woulding stand a chance in the ring with me. And my comrades? You must have this group mistaken for somone else. Little jimmy is probably the only one you'd be able to take on.

bunched up together thinking you are all strong now. Bring it on! The yin yangs in your sigs make me wanna fuckin barf, they symbolize losers who think they are smart and high class...

And your little 666 and devils' paraphenalia symbolize the fact that you've always been a social outcast, and now you want to try and use somthing the masses fear to bring about respect for yourself. The fact is that you're probably some nobody loser who just wants attention. Oh? I'm wrong?? Prove it by not responding to me.

Why would you come on this thread, and try to start something? How fuckin stupid are you? We aren't afraid of your numbers!

Again:
Only an idiot would see what has been posted and mistake it for some sort of war.

*grabs a knife, carves an X in forehead*
I have x'd myself out of your society

And now you try and make the fact that you have no life, no place in the real world cool. Go you!

I have respect for everyone here but you, canibal. You're just a trash talking fool with an IQ lower than the current temperature (Of Antartica)

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 17:05:28

and you woulding

Thanks for proving my point black belt wanna be shrike, learn to spell correctly before you insult someones iq...K P.S., like I care if you are a black belt in karate...oooohhhh*runs scared* please, go back to your dojo

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 17:07:43

At 6/3/03 04:44 PM, canibal wrote: oooohhhh big words shrikey, you know I have never had a problem with you man, I thought we were cool. guess not.

Wassamatta? Don't like being called an ankle-biter? Ooohhh ankle-biter Ooooooohhh....
Big fucking deal. You were called an ankle-biter because of your mental midget attitude and the fact that you don't ever contribute to an intelectual debate or argument.

p.s. it is spelled CANNIBAL

Ok, whatever you say, canibal.

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 17:11:49

Ok, whatever you say, canibal.

hmmmm, I'll allow you to go and count how many spelling errors you have. I argue my point all the time, yet it is always unpopular, so you all say it isn't intellectual. Big deal, I really don't care what you or the p.c. call me, gee mommy, I am so scared. Give me a fucking break.

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 17:26:05

I did have a post defending caNNibal to post, but he seems to be doing fine on his own.

BBS Signature

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 17:41:14

ANKLE BITERS UNITE!!!! im 5'5"(and a half!) of angry muscle and breast tissue... fear my female wrath! i may not know karate or how to streetfight or any of that shit but when im pretty effective when enraged and carrying an iron rod!

seriously tho.. peace people, peace is nice. shrike may be arrogant and cannibal may be deranged.. but we are all human beings of equal worth here.. right? riiight?? *crickets chirp*

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 17:46:46

At 6/3/03 05:41 PM, Lyddiechu wrote: ANKLE BITERS UNITE!!!! im 5'5"(and a half!) of angry muscle and breast tissue... fear my female wrath! i may not know karate or how to streetfight or any of that shit but when im pretty effective when enraged and carrying an iron rod!

Ahh look at the little barbarian. She's so cute.

*Pats her on the head with remaining hand*

Does the littl MOTHER OF ALL THAT'S GOOD ADN HOLY MY OTHER HAND!!!!!!

Any final witty comments have been replaced by massive tissue trauma and arterial bleeding.

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 17:47:07

I dont know, I'm pretty worthless all in all....

Except for my studio, my drums, and my new apartment. Sadly, only the first two go together. Anyone got a spare room they want a studio in? Will jam for space!

BBS Signature

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 18:06:41

I would like to say that I am a PC member that has very contrasted views when compared to those of my fellow comrades. I have nothing against DAG and I actually think the concept of DAG is a great idea. the PC has standards because we wanna have members that will contribute intellectual debate. I find myself alone when debating my views and often even find myself debating other PC members. Me being a member clearly shows that it has nothing to do with what views you have but the way you choose to express them. I think this flame war is rather childish and i admit it can be entertaining at times but you guys really do have some kind of hate for one another. I find Cannibal to be very intelligent when he wants to be, Nitro to be informative, and the main reason DAG gets any respect is because of Funk and Shih. I admit many of the PC members are very judgemental but those are personal characteristics. I get along great with all of the PC and the DAG shows me much love. This type of back and forth bashing belongs in the general. Can't we all just get along?

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 18:13:00

God I wish so, but probably not.

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 18:14:10

At 6/3/03 04:31 PM, Ted_Easton wrote:
And I know saying "I don't mean to be insulting" doesn't make it less insulting, but it does mean I'm saying things that are meant to be more than insults.

Ok so then take what i said:" Ted your an ass" as more than just an insult

If I wanted to insult you, I wouldn't have any respect for you. The only reason I have some respect for the DAG is because of FUNK, who I have a little for.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!! Find out what it means to me...

Basically what im saying is we know how to party and your a bunch of uptight anal retentive assholes!!!

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 18:19:45

At 6/3/03 03:24 PM, Ted_Easton wrote:

Shrike i have no personal problems with you.Tell me something are we the ones altering the foundation of our group?We dint propose a alliance...

The PC fears us we will consume the forum we will invade your once stable land and we will flood the threads with DAG views.Like it or not!!!

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 18:31:20

At 6/3/03 04:23 PM, TheShrike wrote:
At 6/3/03 04:01 PM, nitroxide wrote: As for the PC well they are full of "Quality control"
You make this sound like it were a bad thing

Nazi=Quality control

being a organization of the critical and judgemental minds,
And no one in the DAG is either of those. Good joke.

Im glad you enjoyed.

they then assign a GAD to haunt you and break down annalyze your post and see if your decent enough for the harsh humiliation of a private vote
If you will have your feelings hurt by someone online, or by a small group of people online, then you don't have what it takes to be in the PC. The completely spineless aren't welcome at all.

The only trait you need to have to be in DAG as funk and shih will agree is thick skin wich contradicts what your saying.

after that you are consumed by lies of the PC.
What lies? Tell me the lies. I guess since I'm in the PC I'm too brainwashed to understand, huh? Seriously. What lies? Let's hear 'em. Out with it.

Its like sucking on a titty with a bra on...theres no point.why waste my time.

Were you forget about NG and retreat to the land of pricks...Snooble.
No body has forgotten NG. And I'd like to add that in the past, Snooble has only seen more posts from us than NG when we first set up shop there. For one damn month.

Yet the DAG still owns the forums...

And just because you don't get along with a couple of PC members does not mean we're all pricks. I honestly thought you knew better.

The land of pricks not all the residents are pricks themselves but it highly populated by asses.Not you.I never said that.

But sometimes things have to be said.

Im glad we agree.

CANNIBAL ATTACK!!!

CANNIBAL ATTACK!!!You fear what you do not understand.

'THE "I have come to show you the FUCKING light, NOW LOOK!" SHRIKE'

"I am here to give thee,the poisons of pleasure"-Chemical Master of the DAG

Response to DAG messages 2003-06-03 19:45:45

Ugh I'm back and what do I see! 2 new pages of pointless name calling. I might be relatively new around here, but still clearly don't get why there could even be a problem between DAG and PC? Why threaten and challenge each other in such a childish way, arguing about what organisation is more "elite" or open minded. Every member is of course more proud of his own, and just simply because I posted my comments and inquieries on the DAG thread doesn't mean this should lead to some pointless argument.