00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mihaithecool just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

RPG club

720,756 Views | 21,492 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to RPG club 2003-04-27 22:47:28

At 4/27/03 10:38 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote: So how many of us could get on-line to play some multiplayer games.

I doubt I could. I spend too much time on the net as it is, last month my parents had to pay an extra $25 (Australian) for my over-usage.

That time zone thing still has to be resolved.

Yeah, living in Australia has it's disadvantages.

That would be cool if we became a force in the on-line world of games.

Oh yeah, another thing, I've NEVER played online before. As in, I've never played a videogame online. I've played games hosted on internet sites, but I haven't connected to the internet playing a game I own, if that makes sense. It was a bitch to explain.

When Age of Empires II came out I went nuts. I immediately took a liking to the Franks (as you know by now), and spent day after day immersed in multiple wars.

I haven't played any AoE games. I have 4 Command and Conquers though.

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-27 22:53:52

At 4/27/03 10:47 PM, Mr_James wrote: I haven't played any AoE games. I have 4 Command and Conquers though.

Haha! Mr_James, don't ask me why but I could never get into that series. I've played the 1st one & have a complete understanding of the game dynamics, but it just... bored me. Maybe it was the graphics, I don't know. Anyone played the Starcraft series?

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-27 22:59:44

ya starcraft is cool

RPG club

Response to RPG club 2003-04-27 23:01:38

At 4/27/03 10:53 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote:
Haha! Mr_James, don't ask me why but I could never get into that series. I've played the 1st one & have a complete understanding of the game dynamics, but it just... bored me. Maybe it was the graphics, I don't know. Anyone played the Starcraft series?

The graphics are greatly improved through the series. By Red Alert 2 (the latest one I own) the graphics are spectacular compared to the original. It's like a whole new game.

It wasn't my choice to get them all though. I got them as a Christmas present from an Aunty. All 4 of them, in one special bargain pack. The original C&C, Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 1 and 2. I find them thoroughly enjoyable, but hey, we all have different tastes.

And no, I have not played Starcraft. Geez this club could just about be called the "Strategy Game Club" or maybe "The Gaming Club"

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-27 23:15:02

At 4/27/03 11:01 PM, Mr_James wrote: And no, I have not played Starcraft. Geez this club could just about be called the "Strategy Game Club" or maybe "The Gaming Club"

RPG has lost it's meaning of board game (from my time, god I suddenly feel old), and come to mean video game. I guess that's why I lost a few of you on the video & non-video terminology. This could also be called the Rocket-Propelled Grenade Club haha (military term for RPG).

RPG club

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-27 23:18:29

At 4/27/03 10:59 PM, CHEESE-GOD wrote: ya starcraft is cool

Who was your favorite race CHEESE-GOD? I thought the Protoss had wicked potential. Their ground batteries (guns) were great as they could hit both land & air targets.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-27 23:22:26

At 4/27/03 11:18 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote:
Who was your favorite race CHEESE-GOD? I thought the Protoss had wicked potential. Their ground batteries (guns) were great as they could hit both land & air targets.

Leaving me out eh? Yes, the Protoss had potential, but over all they were no match for the Zerg :)

Response to RPG club 2003-04-27 23:36:39

At 4/27/03 11:22 PM, SeikenSamurai wrote: Leaving me out eh? Yes, the Protoss had potential, but over all they were no match for the Zerg :)

Yeah right, you're the freakin' leader. The Zerg were tough opponents. That regenerating ability was a pain in the ass if you were fighting against them. I used that to my advantage when I played them. I can't remember the name of the medium attack warrior but he spit acid (another piece that could attack land & air), I'd create two full strength units then attack with the first wave. After they'd taken a fair bit of damage I'd pull them back a ways, submerge them into the ground & attack with the next wave. Once these guys had taken a pounding, pull back, submerge. Bring up the first rank and hit them again. By this time the 1st rank had healed considerably and it was like a new 3rd rank!!! Unfair! Unfair!

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-27 23:41:00

At 4/27/03 10:38 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote: So how many of us could get on-line to play some multiplayer games. That time zone thing still has to be resolved.

Yeah the time zone thing is a slight dilemma. I'm normally online from the time I got home from school, to the time I go to bed (About 5p.m. EST to about 12a.m. EST) So if anybody else works by those same hours, you'll be sure to catch me.

That would be cool if we became a force in the on-line world of games.

That would be pretty neat. The elite force of "Enter cool, well thought up name here".

When Age of Empires II came out I went nuts. I immediately took a liking to the Franks (as you know by now), and spent day after day immersed in multiple wars.

The more and more you guys talk about those games, the more and more I want in on them. I have a serious load of game shopping to do, but I think I'm gonna hold out on most of it till I can afford a new computer.

Response to RPG club 2003-04-27 23:46:48

They were called Hydralisks if I remember :)

Response to RPG club 2003-04-27 23:47:18

At 4/27/03 11:18 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote:

ya my fav were the protoss 2

Response to RPG club 2003-04-27 23:52:54

I like playing Final Fantasy 10. So... Sinny...

Response to RPG club 2003-04-27 23:55:28

Fuck. I just sit down to post and an alarm goes off. Later.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-27 23:56:14

ive never played any final fantasy, wut u do in them?

Response to RPG club 2003-04-28 00:00:46

At 4/27/03 11:15 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote: RPG has lost it's meaning of board game (from my time, god I suddenly feel old), and come to mean video game. I guess that's why I lost a few of you on the video & non-video terminology. This could also be called the Rocket-Propelled Grenade Club haha (military term for RPG).

most video game RPGs arent even RPGS, u dont roleplay at all in them. so i dont really recognize them as RPGS.dont feel old

3-1 minnesota, those fuckers!

RPG club

Response to RPG club 2003-04-28 00:01:42

Mow em' down Recon_Rebel!!!!

Response to RPG club 2003-04-28 00:10:58

At 4/27/03 11:52 PM, Shadow_the_hedgehog wrote: I like playing Final Fantasy 10. So... Sinny...

Hey Shadow_the_hedgehog, have you played FF7?

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-28 00:11:40

Alarm?? What happend?

Response to RPG club 2003-04-28 00:12:45

At 4/27/03 11:56 PM, CHEESE-GOD wrote: ive never played any final fantasy, wut u do in them?

They're great. I've only played 2 but want to get some more. Try Final Fantasy 7. Most people say it's the best in the series.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-28 00:14:51

ok, ty

Response to RPG club 2003-04-28 00:17:49

FFX is good too. I need to go out and buy a second copy of it though, damn little brother wrecked my first one.

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-28 00:17:59

At 4/28/03 12:11 AM, SeikenSamurai wrote: Alarm?? What happend?

This place has alarms up the hoop. Some are so sensitive if I slap my hand on the desk I can trip a glassbreak alarm. Pretty tight security. The alarm was a fridge. Certain temperatures must be maintained & if they fall or rise too much an alarm goes off. A lab tech was in the building & was obviously in the suspect fridge. The temperature was already returning to normal when I got there. Gonna cruise the forums for a bit. Back in a bit.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-28 00:19:14

Shoulda said this in my previous post, but anyway.

Mr_James signing out...

Error - it looks like you are trying to double-post. Go to the topic page and you'll probably find that this message was just posted. Please go back and try again.

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-28 00:40:57

At 4/28/03 12:12 AM, Recon_Rebel wrote: They're great. I've only played 2 but want to get some more. Try Final Fantasy 7. Most people say it's the best in the series.

The FF series was always one of my favourites. I just found everything to be kinda...Deep. From the soft soothing music, to the very emotionally involved characters. I remember when a buddy of mine first got FF7. I was over at his place all the time, it was undoubtedly one of the best.

Response to RPG club 2003-04-28 00:43:56

At 4/28/03 12:19 AM, Mr_James wrote: Mr_James signing out...

Goodnight Mr_James. Catch ya here or there.

RPG club

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-28 00:46:54

At 4/28/03 12:40 AM, _redruM_ wrote: The FF series was always one of my favourites. I just found everything to be kinda...Deep. From the soft soothing music, to the very emotionally involved characters. I remember when a buddy of mine first got FF7. I was over at his place all the time, it was undoubtedly one of the best.

Yeah, I had a crush on Tifa Lockheart!

RPG club

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-28 00:52:18

Sometimes I hate being so good at video games... It takes the fun right out of them...

Response to RPG club 2003-04-28 00:56:10

At 4/28/03 12:52 AM, SeikenSamurai wrote: Sometimes I hate being so good at video games... It takes the fun right out of them...

Naaawww. You just crank up the difficulty setting to "impossible" and have at her!! Hey SeikenSamurai, your next post will be page 15. Say something witty.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-28 00:57:42

At 4/28/03 12:56 AM, Recon_Rebel wrote:
At 4/28/03 12:52 AM, SeikenSamurai wrote: Sometimes I hate being so good at video games... It takes the fun right out of them...
Naaawww. You just crank up the difficulty setting to "impossible" and have at her!! Hey SeikenSamurai, your next post will be page 15. Say something witty.

Wait! My mistake, I counted wrong! Hold that thought!!

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-28 00:58:47

Well, I submitted my earlier work... As a joke under a different name... Sword vs. Man, lol... The first time it got .06, then Sword vs. Man 2!! Got .089!! I am very proud of my work.