00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

RPG club

719,182 Views | 21,492 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 01:09:44

So far we have...

RPG Club:

Owner/Member #1 - SeikenSamurai
2nd In Command/Member #2 - Recon Rebel
Member #3 - CHEESE-GOD
Member #4 - _redruM_
Member #5 - WheezingDragon
Member #6 - Mr_James
Member #7 -
Member #8 -
Member #9 -
Member #10 -

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 01:10:29

At 4/24/03 12:29 AM, CHEESE-GOD wrote:
At 4/23/03 11:42 PM, _redruM_ wrote:
I've heard of D&D of course, but I'm too young to have ever played it.

yur as old as me and ive played it

Well, I think I have played it, actually. A buddy of mine used to own a D&D game, years ago, and many things Recon has mentioned has rang a bell. It was so long ago though, my memory of it is very vague.

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 01:11:11

I hope more people join when the site goes up. What I think would be cool is if all of us got a online game we could play together...

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 01:14:58

At 4/24/03 01:09 AM, SeikenSamurai wrote: So far we have...

RPG Club:

Owner/Member #1 - SeikenSamurai
2nd In Command/Member #2 - Recon Rebel
Member #3 - CHEESE-GOD
Member #4 - _redruM_
Member #5 - WheezingDragon
Member #6 - Mr_James
Member #7 -
Member #8 -
Member #9 -
Member #10 -

Shaping up quite nicely. If we want more people to join though, we need to make it more interesting. I don't know how it would work, but maybe we could assign characters for ourselves. Or perhaps we could do our own D&D scenarios, like Recon was talking about. We could just elect a DM each time, and carry on from there, when enough people are online. Then when someone has to log off, they could say they've set up camp or whatever, and then continue where they left off when they sign back on. Anyone hearing anything of interest here?

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 01:17:33

I like that, but it won't be easy. The special name idea sounds very good, I like it. But you have to remember not everyone will be online at once, so it would make things pretty confusing.

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 01:27:46

At 4/24/03 01:17 AM, SeikenSamurai wrote: I like that, but it won't be easy. The special name idea sounds very good, I like it. But you have to remember not everyone will be online at once, so it would make things pretty confusing.

That's true, but I think if we set it up in such a way that everyone could be off on their own mission, it could work. Either that, or we could have more than one DM, and as long as a DM were online, you could go about following their instructions. Like perhaps a group of us could set out together, then one could collect firewood, another could set up camp, others could go out and hunt, etc.. Then eventually we could all split up and go about on our own. Nonetheless, it would take a great deal of work, and I'm pretty tired to think into too much detail right now.

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 01:29:23

At 4/24/03 01:17 AM, SeikenSamurai wrote: I like that, but it won't be easy. The special name idea sounds very good, I like it. But you have to remember not everyone will be online at once, so it would make things pretty confusing.

Yeah, especially if you live in different time zones. The leader of the 'Where is/How to? Club' is the_phantom_spancker. He lives in Britain so he's usually logging on when I'm logging off. If I get up early enough I get a fair amount of time to talk to him.

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 01:33:06

You should go to bed we all should, I will keep this in mind. It's a very good idea and I know it will spice things up. SeikenSamurai signing off.

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 01:39:39

At 4/24/03 01:33 AM, SeikenSamurai wrote: You should go to bed we all should, I will keep this in mind. It's a very good idea and I know it will spice things up. SeikenSamurai signing off.

Yeah, I'd like to but I still have another hour of work left. I'm gonna go make a coffee and crank the tunes (tough job). Goodnight SeikenSamurai.

RPG club

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 02:50:01

At 4/24/03 01:33 AM, SeikenSamurai wrote: You should go to bed we all should, I will keep this in mind. It's a very good idea and I know it will spice things up. SeikenSamurai signing off.

Later, Seiken. I'd like to go to bed as well, but I'm procrastinating. I'm not looking forward to the adventure down my stairs, it's gonna be hell limping all the way.

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 02:56:29

dnd is turn based so it is possible. go 2 www.wizards.com 4 info on dnd and roleplayin games
i also have a msn group on dnd (pretty much abondoned)

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 14:23:26

Good morning crew. I hope your foot is feeling better _redruM_. Hey CHEESE-GOD, the system I'm speaking of is 1st edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons. There were more versions after that but my 30 - 40 year old buddies and I think 1st edition was the most detailed. For a little more info, your created a character with multiple statistics on paper, used 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 and 20 sided dice to determine anything from hit points to damage delivered. Earned experience to reach higher levels & thus more abilities. Gain gold, magic items and/or spells to impose your will. Trust me when I say this can be a very addicting game.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 15:25:09

At 4/24/03 02:23 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote: Good morning crew.

Good morning to you, as well.

I hope your foot is feeling better _redruM_.

Thanks, it is starting to feel a little better, at least. It'll be a week before I can go anywhere, or do anything, though.

For a little more info, your created a character with multiple statistics on paper, used 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 and 20 sided dice to determine anything from hit points to damage delivered. Earned experience to reach higher levels & thus more abilities. Gain gold, magic items and/or spells to impose your will. Trust me when I say this can be a very addicting game.

Wow, the possibilities are pretty much infinite. Sounds like one hell of a substitute for something like "quarters", for a party game.

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 16:50:39

At 4/24/03 03:25 PM, _redruM_ wrote: Wow, the possibilities are pretty much infinite. Sounds like one hell of a substitute for something like "quarters", for a party game.

Well, this is from memory but I'll try to explain a little further. You start by picking your race (each has its penalties & bonuses) and then generate your 7 basic abilities. Strength, Intelligence, Wisdom, Dexterity, Constitution, Charisma, and Comeliness. These are rolled with 3 to 4 six sided dice using a number available methods (using the 4 dice method you only get to keep the best 3). Scores will be anywhere from 3 - 18 points (yes they can go higher or lower) and these scores will directly determine what class (profession) you may pick. If you're still interested or have any questions just shout. Gonna see what's happening on the portal.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 18:13:17

Howdy, not too good at RPG's but i love me. I will be glad to join.

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 18:36:06

At 4/24/03 06:13 PM, CUBErt wrote: Howdy, not too good at RPG's but i love me. I will be glad to join.

Alright, sounds good, CUBErt. I believe the way Seiken runs it, is by having him or Recon_Rebel check you out, before allowing you membership. In the meantime though, follow this guideline:

1. Name
2. Favourite RPG
3. Why you want to join.

I'll try to contact either of the above members, so just hold tight.

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 19:32:56

Hey guys, I hope you've been feeling better then me, I just woke up a little while ago and feel like shit. Any ways, hope you guys had a good sleep and I hope your foot is better _redruM_. About your awesome idea, would we fight each other, or fight other things? CUBErt, we'd be glad to have you, just fill out the information and I'll contact you about your number.

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 19:52:27

I am still not to sure how this will work.. But we should establish a few things i.e. A battle system, how much exp we get from monsters, what items we get from monsters, how much damage our abilities do per level, a world map, how much str, dex, mana, life or whatever we get per level, how/what our characters will be like. I could draw the world map, I am pretty skillful in that art. That's all I have for now... I know there is more to tag on so feel free.

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 19:56:43

At 4/24/03 06:13 PM, CUBErt wrote: Howdy, not too good at RPG's but i love me. I will be glad to join.

_redruM_ is right. Just follow the guidelines, tag your BBS sig (I believe you're member #7) and you're in! I'll continue from where I left off. Next you choose a class and hopefully you've rolled the scores you need. If not adjustments due to race (like elves getting a +1 to their dexterity or dwarves getting a +1 to their constitution), age, class, proficiency in weapon or non-weapon skills can further modify certain abilities. Okay the main classes (yes there's a ton more) are as follows: Cleric, Druid, Barbarian, Cavalier, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger, Magic-User, Illusionist, Thief, Thief-Acrobat, Assassin, Monk, and Bard. Check back later to see if you're still interested.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 20:55:41

Think CUBErt's coming back?

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 21:12:51

At 4/24/03 08:55 PM, SeikenSamurai wrote: Think CUBErt's coming back?

Don't know. He sounded interested. Wow. There's still a lot of D & D stuff on the net. Not much info on 1st edition but some wicked galleries. Here's what a paladin might look like. Paladins are your typical knights in shining armor. They get some serious abilities from their class like... Detect evil up to 60' away, +2 on all saving throws, immunity from all diseases, cure damage & disease by touch (increases with level), protection from evil aura at a 10 ' radius round the paladin, turn back undead through holy power, dispel magic at 10' if equipped with holy sword, ability to cast holy spells. Tough character 'eh? They have very strict rules they must live by or be forever stripped of all mentioned powers. Despite the harsh rules this was easily my favorite class.

RPG club

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 21:13:15

Hey all. This game idea you've all got going is great! It's going to take a helluva lot of work and effort though. I'm willing to occassionally be a DM, as I love to spin stories. I'm not too keen on making myself a character because it all seems so complicated and confusing.

On a seperate note, will there be any limits to our recruiting? Or are we aiming for a large group? They both have their good and bad points, I'm just wondering if anybody else has been thinking on this issue.

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 21:23:55

THATS AWESOME! I wanna by a Paladin!!!

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 21:27:37

It depends if we get a mature group or an immature group. So far everyone is perfect, I'm not worried.

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 21:48:10

At 4/24/03 09:23 PM, SeikenSamurai wrote: THATS AWESOME! I wanna by a Paladin!!!

Haha! That's what I said when I started to learn how to play. Mr_James is right though, this would take some serious effort to play on-line. I haven't picked up a computer yet and my on-line time at work has to be juggled around my job. If you want to know about another class just ask and I'll try to find a decent picture to go with the description. I actually dug out some 1st edition D & D material last night. By the way the paladin description was far from complete. They have a lot more abilities, especially concerning their skill in handling warhorses & fighting while riding.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 22:16:09

At 4/24/03 07:52 PM, SeikenSamurai wrote: About your awesome idea, would we fight eachother, or fight other things?

It could work either way. We could fight as a team, in pairs, or independently. We could fight eachother to train, or gain levels and such.

I am still not to sure how this will work.. But we should establish a few things i.e. A battle system,

That's a biggy, more than likely it'll be turn based. That would work best, in my opinion.

how much exp we get from monsters, what items we get from monsters,

There could be a large array of monsters, each giving their own set amount of exp after defeat. Items would be random, but we should think up a bunch, ie: potions, elixirs, the odd weapon or armour.

how much damage our abilities do per level, a world map, how much str, dex, mana, life or whatever we get per level, how/what our characters will be like.

The damage, and abilities would of course be dependant on character class. We could either do the same amount of damage each time, dependant on method of attack, or roll some dice to randomize the damage given, and taken.Each time we level up, we could roll a die or two again, to see how many points we get to add on to our attributes.

I could draw the world map, I am pretty skillful in that art.

Alright, cool. I think I have a fairly good idea of how things would work, so if people would specify on certain things, I may be able to clarify.

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 22:24:33

That's cool, think you can tell me somethings about the Barbarian? They seem cool too :). Also about the game thing, we would need some formulas like Damage to a level 5 player from a lvl 9 monster know what I mean? Damage divided by defense and such... I could make an on-line dice program lol, so everyone would take turns; plus no one would cheat that way.

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 22:28:37

I'll join, and I'll have an class of Dragoon Knight.

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 22:34:13

Theres no such thing, also you have to be accepted you can't just join.

I was going to do this after 10 members but I think its time now. Every new member after #6 has to be voted in, he must get 51% + votes to be accepted, 50% = Revote the next day.

Response to RPG club 2003-04-24 22:35:56

At 4/24/03 10:28 PM, Dragon_Knight_470 wrote: I'll join, and I'll have an class of Dragoon Knight.

I don't see any problem with you joining, but we're still in the process of figuring everything else out. Once we do, though, you'll be able to have your pick of classes.