00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,855,582 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-18 21:29:28

At 8/18/05 09:23 PM, Fumetsu316 wrote:
not everyone turns out like that. what you're reffering to are those creepy cosplaying otakus. i don't understand people like that.

wow when your not calling me an anime hating retard you seen different

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-18 21:33:07

At 8/18/05 09:29 PM, ThinksWithBrain wrote:
At 8/18/05 09:23 PM, Fumetsu316 wrote:
not everyone turns out like that. what you're reffering to are those creepy cosplaying otakus. i don't understand people like that.
wow when your not calling me an anime hating retard you seen different

i'm being nicer because you're being nicer.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-18 21:35:38

At 8/18/05 09:33 PM, Fumetsu316 wrote:

I have my eye on you. but I guess I shouldnt be spamming you guys as much anymore.

peace?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-18 21:40:28

At 8/18/05 09:35 PM, ThinksWithBrain wrote:
At 8/18/05 09:33 PM, Fumetsu316 wrote:
I have my eye on you. but I guess I shouldnt be spamming you guys as much anymore.

peace?

if you're serious...i guess so.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-18 21:42:48

At 8/18/05 09:40 PM, Fumetsu316 wrote: if you're serious...i guess so.

Alright then. Although I will keep fighting the good fight against anime I will never spam you guys again.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-18 22:01:22

At 8/18/05 08:27 PM, Yusuke-Urameshi wrote: can sombody tell me exactly what happen in paranoia agent last saturday i didnt pay attension well lol more like at all

well, you could watch it tonight on adult swim, but if you want an explaination now...

~~MAJOR SPOILER!!~~
After a failed attempt at defeating Lil' Slugger (who changed into an abnormal form), Maniwa turns to the old man for help. He says something about dancing with a rabbit and then dies. Maniwa heads to Misae's house after hearing her on his radio equipment. When he arrives, he discovers that Lil' Slugger and Maromi are the same. While contemplating, he hears a voice calling to him. He discovers a doll in a playboy bunny suit as she asks him to follow her. Maniwa reaches the apartment of an otaku with a big collection of dolls. With their help (their animate to Maniwa and the otaku isn't aware of his presence), he discovers that there was another incident similar to the Lil' Slugger attacks. The incident took place ten years ago and the victim was Tsukiko! Maniwa goes to Tsukiko's father and discovers the truth behind the attack. Back at M&F, Maniwa contacts Tsukiko and tells her that he knows everything. However, Maromi cuts the line as Lil' Slugger suddenly appears. Maniwa appears in time as he fights Lil's Slugger. In the meantime, Maromi leads Tsukiko to Ikari's world. Soon, figures, images, and merchandise of Maromi disappear as some of the victims of Lil' Slugger fall back into their state of paranoia.

~~END OF MAJOR SPOILER!!!~~

btw, i copied that from an episode guide i got online. its not 100% accurate, but its a pretty good description of the episode. i think its utterly fascinating about how lil' slugger changes in the eyes of the public and the eyes of the people personally involved with him as the show goes on. i was browsing online (in a fashion not unlike radical edward [first person to tell me which anime thats from gets a cookie!]) and i found this forum where they were having a serious philosophical discussion about paranoia agent as it was airing each week. it was freakin amazing what they came up with and how intelligent they all were. it made me sad that i was only subscribed to here where an idiot will come in and lurk around your thread just to flame you like an ass... :*(

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-18 22:09:35

sorry for the double post (unless someone already posted before me) but i get the feeling that some people might think that my last comment on my last post was directed at one particular person. i shouldve been clearer. i had meant for that comment to represent all of the flamers that do that sort of thing, not anyone in particular.

so as long as thats cleared up, anyone here seen all of the paranoia agent episodes that have aired on adult swim? what do you guys think of that show? i personally love it. theres soo many things that you have to connect, soo many things that you can get hopelessly sidetracked on and soo many things that you think you know, but then are completely wrong about, that it just takes ahold of you and doesnt let go. im currently obtaining all 13 episodes right now and i wanna discuss the show cause i have it on my mind. so heres the first discussion topic: what exactly IS lil' slugger?

"you must not look away...
you must not turn your back on him.
he comes for people who have been driven into a corner and no where to go.
you must not talk about him...
you must not think about him...
rumors help him grow...
imagination...
and paranoia NURTURES HIM...
no where to go..."

that haunts my mind... 0.o

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-18 22:12:48

At 8/18/05 08:51 PM, ThinksWithBrain wrote:
At 8/18/05 08:48 PM, ThinksWithBrain wrote:

well actually the only reason I spam is because Im angry at the fact that there is no anime club
I meant anti

Then go ahead and make an anti-anime club, and when the mods lock it and ban you, do Newgrounds a favor and don't come back.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-18 22:27:21

dont be an ass plz! sorry but i just had to say that

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-18 22:28:01

At 8/18/05 10:12 PM, mr_trivia wrote: Then go ahead and make an anti-anime club, and when the mods lock it and ban you, do Newgrounds a favor and don't come back.

he's agreed to stop spamming already.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-18 22:31:58

yes, thats why i double posted. ill be the first to say it: its always a good idea to have a second window open to the thread to refresh before you post so you may make changes to your post before its posted (if that makes sence:p)

anyway, does anyone wanna discuss lil slugger?(refer to my last post)

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-18 22:32:02

At 8/18/05 10:01 PM, neogeo0823 wrote: i was browsing online (in a fashion not unlike radical edward [first person to tell me which anime thats from gets a cookie!])

Radical Edward, full name Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrosky IV, is from Cowboy Bebop. She's known as the greatest hacker on Earth, which isn't too hard to achieve since practically everyone who could has left the planet.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-18 22:37:08

At 8/18/05 10:32 PM, mr_trivia wrote: Radical Edward, full name Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrosky IV, is from Cowboy Bebop. She's known as the greatest hacker on Earth, which isn't too hard to achieve since practically everyone who could has left the planet.

congratulations! just like i promised, you get a cookie! lol

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-18 22:59:42

so isnt anyone going to discuss paranoia agent with me? maybe if i refeined the question.

"what exactly is lil slugger with respect to:
1. the general public
2. maniwa(after he is off of the case)
3. the people directly attacked by him before he goes lethal
4. the people directly attacked by him after he goes lethal
or
what does lil slugger represent symbolically throughout the series?"

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-18 23:10:23

At 8/18/05 10:59 PM, neogeo0823 wrote: so isnt anyone going to discuss paranoia agent with me? maybe if i refeined the question.

"what exactly is lil slugger with respect to:
1. the general public
2. maniwa(after he is off of the case)
3. the people directly attacked by him before he goes lethal
4. the people directly attacked by him after he goes lethal
or
what does lil slugger represent symbolically throughout the series?"

um im guessing he represents everybodies inner demons perhaps? lol im guessing hehe

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-19 00:07:59

At 8/18/05 07:28 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: There's a game based on it on Gameboy, I think.

There's certainly one on the Famicom...
Though I have not heard of any Gameboy release of it.

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-19 01:46:32

BTW, did anyone here go to Otakon 2004?

I technically did, for the last 2 or 3 hours, my Summer Study Penn State buddies and myself snuck in and toured the room inside the entrance. ALOT OF COSPLAYERS. Downtown Baltimore was filled with anime fans and cosplayers climbing into the fountains.

However, this year, for Otakon 2005, college students are getting the shaft... It's a week earlier than last year and completely ruined my summer and other college students.

However, Katsucon will be in my area and there is VERY good chance I will be going to it if I can find people who will go with me.

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-19 01:52:11

At 8/19/05 01:46 AM, Kouga-kun wrote: BTW, did anyone here go to Otakon 2004?

I technically did, for the last 2 or 3 hours, my Summer Study Penn State buddies and myself snuck in and toured the room inside the entrance. ALOT OF COSPLAYERS. Downtown Baltimore was filled with anime fans and cosplayers climbing into the fountains.

However, this year, for Otakon 2005, college students are getting the shaft... It's a week earlier than last year and completely ruined my summer and other college students.

However, Katsucon will be in my area and there is VERY good chance I will be going to it if I can find people who will go with me.

BTW, we were in downtown Baltimore because the assholes that run Johns Hopkins University wouldn't give our Summer Study a guided tour of the campus.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-19 01:55:26

hey inuyasha rocksssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooo

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-19 02:13:38

At 8/19/05 01:55 AM, masterinuyasha wrote: hey inuyasha rocksssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooo

Please dont come in or club and spam it. please and thank you.

Founder of the Xbox 360 Club.XBL Gamer tag-Poowheat

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-19 02:27:41

Random question. What do OVA and OST stand for? That has been bugging me for a while now.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-19 02:43:39

At 8/19/05 02:27 AM, -TheFaces- wrote: Random question. What do OVA and OST stand for? That has been bugging me for a while now.

Original Video Animation / Original Anime Video
Official Sound Track

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-19 02:52:51

At 8/19/05 02:43 AM, Kouga-kun wrote:
At 8/19/05 02:27 AM, -TheFaces- wrote: Random question. What do OVA and OST stand for? That has been bugging me for a while now.
Original Video Animation / Original Anime Video
Official Sound Track

Okay thank you for explaining.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-19 12:36:13

At 8/19/05 12:58 AM, Brewtality wrote: Just ignore spammers from now on.

Brew is right, just like he has been time and time again. I'll have to include that in the rules which I wish people would read. Tink didn't make all those rules just be 'pfft' at.

Another rule that will be included is to multi quote instead of making 3 posts VS one post where you put all who you are quoting into one big post. If you don't know how to do this yet go to the General Forum and practice it. Hell, you should know how because I just told you how.

At 8/19/05 01:52 AM, Kouga-kun wrote:
At 8/19/05 01:46 AM, Kouga-kun wrote: BTW, did anyone here go to Otakon 2004?

In my mind I did

I wouldn't be surprised that there was alot there. It's in a good area and convient for travel as well. Kinda how it is with the convention every September here in Atlanta. It's always crawling with people from the surrounding states because it's easy to get to.

Bummer.

That or you can go by yourself and make new friends. I'm sure there will be some people in your area who will be there.

BTW, we were in downtown Baltimore because the assholes that run Johns Hopkins University wouldn't give our Summer Study a guided tour of the campus.

Geez, any reason they gave you as to why they didn't?

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-19 12:42:05

Today I may get a few Animes on DVD.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-19 13:38:21

At 8/19/05 12:42 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: Today I may get a few Animes on DVD.

Which ones might you be getting then? I myself would love to get the entire series of Witch Hunter Robin and G Gundam, but that's off in the future that is. :*(

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-19 14:04:07

At 8/19/05 01:38 PM, Master_Inuyasha wrote:
At 8/19/05 12:42 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: Today I may get a few Animes on DVD.
Which ones might you be getting then? I myself would love to get the entire series of Witch Hunter Robin and G Gundam, but that's off in the future that is. :*(

i always thought Gundam had an overuse of what i like to call "anime eyes", but that's just me. Witch Hunter Robin was always good i thought though, are they coming out with a Paranoia Agent DVD or did i miss it?

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-19 14:31:07

And here's to another of my "Too much spare time" Sprites.

===NOT SO SPOILER===

Anime Club

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-19 15:30:09

Hey, first post! I am a big Anime fan! I've collected all of Final Fantasy Unlimited, Zone of the Enders, Fist of the North Star and .Hack//sign.

Am currently collecting Chobits, Angelic Layer, Witch Hunter Robin and Haibane Renmei, Vampire Princess and CardCaptors!

Anime films I've got: Lady Death, Vampire Hunter D (both of em), Princess Mononoke, Dark Fury, Spirited Away, Blood: The Last Vampire, RayEarth, Appleseed and Zone of The Enders: IDOLO!

Hope to go to Ayacon next year, as we couldn't afford it this year, wanna buy some cheap animation merchandise, including my quest for a teddybear Grunty and Chocobo!

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-19 15:49:22

hey, i posted a thread in the anime club forums (on hyperboards.com) but hardly anybody goes there anymore. i had a question about saiyuki. does anyone know how many volumes there are on dvd?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature