00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,855,462 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 00:28:13

ok... lets see here.

in no order:
s-CRY-ed
inyasha
full metal alchemist
samurai champloo
read or die

and for a character... hmmm... that list is updated, right? lets see here... how about mugen (sp?) from champloo. if thats taken, then ed from full metal. if THATS taken, then how about jin from champloo?

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 00:33:07

At 8/11/05 12:16 AM, HaroFreak wrote:
At 8/11/05 12:02 AM, neogeo0823 wrote: umm... this might be kinda late... but i think i wanna join your anime club. i dont like how people can always just flame anime because they think its just cartoon sex.

Not only that, but some people seem to think it's nothing but kid's shows!

That's because many idiots don't know what they're talking about.

Pretty much! and some people have only seen children's Anime, so for some reason they think ALL Animes are like that!

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 00:41:32

it seems that you guys all agree with what i said earlier. its defiantely a different feeling to not see at least one person posting "OMG your a creepy sex pervert who jerks to cartoon sex you sick freak!"

...im not used to seing that here at newgrounds... 0_o

anyway as for my above post, is that ok?

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 00:47:19

At 8/11/05 12:28 AM, neogeo0823 wrote: ok... lets see here.

in no order:
s-CRY-ed
inyasha
full metal alchemist
samurai champloo
read or die

and for a character... hmmm... that list is updated, right? lets see here... how about mugen (sp?) from champloo. if thats taken, then ed from full metal. if THATS taken, then how about jin from champloo?

I beleve they are all taken. The list I think has not been updated in a while so dont get your hopes up you did pick popular names. So I would think of some more jsut in case.

Founder of the Xbox 360 Club.XBL Gamer tag-Poowheat

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 00:58:16

At 8/11/05 12:41 AM, neogeo0823 wrote: it seems that you guys all agree with what i said earlier. its defiantely a different feeling to not see at least one person posting "OMG your a creepy sex pervert who jerks to cartoon sex you sick freak!"

Like I said before, there's not only that reason! Canada doesn't have a lot of Anime fans, becuase most Canadian channels air children's Anime, and some people seem to think Anime is nothing but children's shows! I have need to ask them, "Do you REALLY think ALL Anime is like that?!"

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 01:03:10

hmmm... how about... miroku or muso from inuyasha, or kimishima or cougar from s-CRY-ed, joker(aka carpenter) or junior from r.o.d., scar or armstrong(strong arm alchemist) from full metal.

are any of those still free?

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 01:06:20

At 8/11/05 01:03 AM, neogeo0823 wrote: hmmm... how about... miroku or muso from inuyasha, or kimishima or cougar from s-CRY-ed, joker(aka carpenter) or junior from r.o.d., scar or armstrong(strong arm alchemist) from full metal.

are any of those still free?

Miroku is taken and mabe muso but the rest I think are free. So pick one of them and When ever Tink comes back or who ever is going to edit the list then it will be for sher. So for now pick one and I gess that will be it.

Founder of the Xbox 360 Club.XBL Gamer tag-Poowheat

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 01:10:06

At 8/11/05 12:58 AM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: Like I said before, there's not only that reason! Canada doesn't have a lot of Anime fans, becuase most Canadian channels air children's Anime, and some people seem to think Anime is nothing but children's shows! I have need to ask them, "Do you REALLY think ALL Anime is like that?!"

true, true. i will admit that i used to watch some fairly immature and/or childish animes like pokemon and yugioh. i stopped watching them when i realized that there are way more entertaining animes out there. shows like that only really appeal to the younger generation (kinda like barney, blues clues, etc. etc. are all "american" shows that appeal to the same age set) its shows like these that ruin it for the rest of them. i mean, yugioh mightve been pretty good, but it was way too much talking and not nearly enough movement, so to speak. the show moved along like a slug in january.

but thats enough of my rambling. i do get what your saying, i just find that the steriotype of anime as nothing but perverted sex shows is more prevalent than the anime for kids steriotype in my part of the u.s.a.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 01:12:40

now i have too many choices... aww i hate having to choose from a long list. ok, who do you guys think is cooler, cougar or scar, or junior? those are my three top choices. whichever one gets the majority of the first 5 votes, will be my choice.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 01:19:06

yeah thats cool

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 01:24:09

I asked a while ago why Ed clapped his hands before doing alchemy and they just said why today. It is to start up the alchemy through his body and make it quicker for him to do alchemy, thus not needing a circle.

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 02:02:25

I can change my ID right? Is Tetsuo taken?

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 02:10:13

i've seen a few Animes that aren't in Canada, like Ghost In The Shell, Melty Lancer, and Naruto. I do plan on watching Trigun, Hellsing, Read or Die and Cowboy Bebop.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 02:26:05

oh man, i forgot about ghost in the shell. what ever happened to that anime, huh? adult swim stopped airing it. (yeah, i know, but its my main source of anime) i loved that opening song to. i have it saved on my computer. *nods head* i dont even think they aired all the episodes either. oh well...

hey, which do you guys think is better? kenshin or champloo? i never watched much of kenshin, i just didnt get into it too much. but i think that champloo is great! that time when mugen and jin, while both were hungover, sliced two (im assuming) lemons in half from the top of fuu's head! then her hair all fell out of its ties! freakin hilarious! ill never forget the look on her face. (0.0)

hahaha! classic!

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 03:15:33

Well, call it pic spamming if you must, but this pic must be sharred with you all. Bask in it's lol-ness ^_^

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 03:16:47

At 8/11/05 03:15 AM, Shadow_God_X wrote: Well, call it pic spamming if you must, but this pic must be sharred with you all. Bask in it's lol-ness ^_^

Damn, hit the post button instead of the browse....sorry for the double

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 04:45:42

At 8/11/05 03:16 AM, Shadow_God_X wrote:
At 8/11/05 03:15 AM, Shadow_God_X wrote: Well, call it pic spamming if you must, but this pic must be sharred with you all. Bask in it's lol-ness ^_^
Damn, hit the post button instead of the browse....sorry for the double

That's pretty funny! I wonder if they'd actually do a comercial like that!

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 09:31:22

At 8/11/05 12:33 AM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: Pretty much! and some people have only seen children's Anime, so for some reason they think ALL Animes are like that!

Because they're stupid and shallow nuts.

Worst of all would be the material edited by 4Idiots (You know who I'm referring to). They're the morons who edit things to the extent of them being stupid edits as well as making them "Kid Friendly" to the point it's suitable for even kids aged 1+.

They obviously fail to see the fact that not all cartoons are intended for children due to complicated and/or disturbing content. But like the money and rating whores that they are, they butcher good series anyway.

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 09:50:57

Part 2 of me having too much spare time.

And no cookies even if you know what scene it is since it's too obvious. XD

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 10:51:10

At 8/11/05 12:58 AM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote:
At 8/11/05 12:41 AM, neogeo0823 wrote: it seems that you guys all agree with what i said earlier. its defiantely a different feeling to not see at least one person posting "OMG your a creepy sex pervert who jerks to cartoon sex you sick freak!"
Like I said before, there's not only that reason! Canada doesn't have a lot of Anime fans, becuase most Canadian channels air children's Anime, and some people seem to think Anime is nothing but children's shows! I have need to ask them, "Do you REALLY think ALL Anime is like that?!"

Dude, some of the anime intended for adults sucks too with it's lack of plot and funny translations. Some examples, AKIRA (it's a classic so you should see it anyway), Ninja Scroll, Hellsing, and there are plenty others.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 10:55:55

At 8/11/05 09:31 AM, HaroFreak wrote:
At 8/11/05 12:33 AM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: Pretty much! and some people have only seen children's Anime, so for some reason they think ALL Animes are like that!
Because they're stupid and shallow nuts.

Worst of all would be the material edited by 4Idiots (You know who I'm referring to). They're the morons who edit things to the extent of them being stupid edits as well as making them "Kid Friendly" to the point it's suitable for even kids aged 1+.

They obviously fail to see the fact that not all cartoons are intended for children due to complicated and/or disturbing content. But like the money and rating whores that they are, they butcher good series anyway.

Another annoying excuse I keep on hearing from DBZ, Naruto, Outlaw Star and various other fans. In their uncut form *gasp* they aren't really that bad when compared with Gantz, Evangelion, Ichi The Killer episode Zero or even Berserk and there are plenty more.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 11:53:52

At 8/11/05 09:50 AM, HaroFreak wrote: Part 2 of me having too much spare time.

And no cookies even if you know what scene it is since it's too obvious. XD

Oh yeah, way too obvious

******Spoiler for naruto's latest eps******

Level 2 Cursed Seal Sasuke and Level 2 Kyubi Naruto going Chidori to Rasengan over the lack at the bottom of that waterfall. Great scene!!!

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 12:14:50

At 8/11/05 01:12 AM, neogeo0823 wrote: now i have too many choices... aww i hate having to choose from a long list. ok, who do you guys think is cooler, cougar or scar, or junior? those are my three top choices. whichever one gets the majority of the first 5 votes, will be my choice.

ok, so does anyone have an opinion? eh... i guess my character will be cougar. i like his altar abilities anyway. and what do you guys think is better, kenshin or champloo? refer to my above post

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 12:37:34

At 8/11/05 10:55 AM, Dudeman05 wrote: Another annoying excuse I keep on hearing from DBZ, Naruto, Outlaw Star and various other fans. In their uncut form *gasp* they aren't really that bad when compared with Gantz, Evangelion, Ichi The Killer episode Zero or even Berserk and there are plenty more.

The hell? None of those you mentioned are dubbed by 4Kids.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 12:53:41

At 8/11/05 10:55 AM, Dudeman05 wrote: Another annoying excuse I keep on hearing from DBZ, Naruto, Outlaw Star and various other fans. In their uncut form *gasp* they aren't really that bad when compared with Gantz, Evangelion, Ichi The Killer episode Zero or even Berserk and there are plenty more.

The point I'm trying to make is that 4Kids is literally 4Lame.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 13:26:58

Actually the *uncut* thoery is true. I'm actually watching the new uncut versions of DBZ and I have to say, I actually want to see every episode now. Its just the whole swearing, more blood and action, makes DBZ alot more mature than it seems to be. \

4Kids has raped my childhood anime. That's why I'm so frickin glad they didn't get the license for Naruto. They would have butchered it. Naruto is still gonna suck though because they're airing it on Toonami when it should be on Adult Swim.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 13:46:46

At 8/11/05 01:26 PM, Renewman wrote: They would have butchered it.

And at the same time, triggering 90% of the "Anime Fan" population to march towards their HQ in protest and possible violent acts.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 16:50:12

At 8/11/05 12:53 PM, HaroFreak wrote: The point I'm trying to make is that 4Kids is literally 4Lame.

What I don't believe is that Shonen Jump would actually 4Kids do that to his Animes/Mangas!

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 17:51:34

At 8/11/05 12:14 PM, neogeo0823 wrote: ok, so does anyone have an opinion? eh... i guess my character will be cougar. i like his altar abilities anyway. and what do you guys think is better, kenshin or champloo? refer to my above post

I think Champloo is the best anime i have seen... Something about the characters, storyline, and how they present the show on the dvds just really appeals to me...

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 19:59:16

hi im new im a fan of anime and i c alot of people whatcing what i like
o and any one like trigun?