00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,855,507 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-13 18:49:09

At 9/13/07 06:45 PM, smc316 wrote: also you have never seen the anime "Zyaphloic" from the early 80's have you?

Never even heard of it, I haven't seen all that many early 80s series.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-13 18:51:42

Fighting--cut it out.

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}

A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-13 19:02:56

Sorry jade, gendo and mendou.......

At 9/13/07 06:49 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 9/13/07 06:45 PM, smc316 wrote: also you have never seen the anime "Zyaphloic" from the early 80's have you?
Never even heard of it, I haven't seen all that many early 80s series.

Cool. I can't find that series on youtube, dailymotion, veoh or Tv link.com, do you know anywhere I might be able to watch it? Personally I think that is the best anime ever and the last time I watched it was somewhere between 2001 and 2003......

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-13 19:08:46

At 9/13/07 07:02 PM, smc316 wrote: Cool. I can't find that series on youtube, dailymotion, veoh or Tv link.com, do you know anywhere I might be able to watch it?

OH NO, NO, NO, NO!

Ix-nay on the iracy-pay iscussion-day.

Seriously, I can't give you an answer other than to import it straight from Japan.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-13 19:12:02

At 9/13/07 07:08 PM, Gendo wrote:
Ix-nay on the iracy-pay iscussion-day.

Um......what? And you insulted my english at one point......

Seriously, I can't give you an answer other than to import it straight from Japan.

K.........um........will ebay work or do many japs not know about ebay?

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-13 19:17:55

At 9/13/07 07:12 PM, smc316 wrote: Um......what? And you insulted my english at one point......

Pig Latin, motherfucker.

K.........um........will ebay work or do many japs not know about ebay?

Hahahahaha, oh man.

eBay is far from obscure, I assure you many Japanese folks sell there.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-13 19:19:20

I saw no results regarding that anime, i typed it on Google and nothing came up, either you spelt it wrong or your just lying to us.

Well look at the name, does it look like the kind of name you can remeber how to spell after about five years without typing it or watching the anime?!

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-13 19:58:06

Sssh, don't bug Gendo, he's mad because he's tired of being the evil glass-wearing genius who does nothing but smile whenever anything happens. ANYTHING. Even his own castration, I'd bet. :P

Now, after a few horror movies, I have...

The Hellsing Series.
Hellsing Ultimate.
Blood the Last Vampire

On my Netflix rental list.
This will be pure win. :D

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-13 20:05:19

At 9/13/07 07:58 PM, psykolord wrote: Sssh, don't bug Gendo, he's mad because he's tired of being the evil glass-wearing genius who does nothing but smile whenever anything happens. ANYTHING. Even his own castration, I'd bet. :P

SO WHAT IF I'M EVIL AND GRIN ALOT?!

On a relevant note, I actually own and sometimes wear rose-tinted sunglasses, and I've got the whole neckbeard going on (albeit with a mustache).

The Hellsing Series.
Hellsing Ultimate.

Mmm, very win.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-14 00:17:12

At 9/13/07 06:23 PM, smc316 wrote: Even if you have watched like 50 animes almost all animes are either girl animes

Are you implying that girls have an inferior taste in things by that?

Because otherwise, I cannot see what exactly is wrong with liking things that girls like.

It's not as if boys are impeccable in their tastes, that shonen things like Naruto and Inuyasha are exquisite.

Perhaps your mind is stuck in a 7 year olds mentality that boys and girls are entirely separate, and that "BOYS SHOULD LIKE THIS, AND GIRLS SHOULD LIKE THAT".

really good 14 episode long animes like the mechanoly of haruhi something that are good but shouldn't be counted since their so short and hentai animes......

Almost all good anime's I've seen have been 26 episodes long and under.

I'd rather watch 10 20 episode long series' than 1 200 episode long series.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-14 00:24:08

At 9/14/07 12:17 AM, Kuro wrote: ownage

You raise many valid points, friend, but he is a lost cause. No point in continuing to waste time on him.

As for your remark about the better series you've seen being of reasonable or short length, I agree completely. I've only seen two shows over 100 episodes long I actually consider to be great, the rest of the lengthy shows I've seen have been either hit-and-miss or subpar.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-14 00:29:48

At 9/14/07 12:24 AM, Gendo wrote: You raise many valid points, friend, but he is a lost cause. No point in continuing to waste time on him.

That's what they said about Alex DeLarge.

As for your remark about the better series you've seen being of reasonable or short length, I agree completely. I've only seen two shows over 100 episodes long I actually consider to be great, the rest of the lengthy shows I've seen have been either hit-and-miss or subpar.

I tend to just get bored of a series if it drags on too long.

I'm more likely to watch one if it's on at a certain time, so watching becomes a habit.

Even with a show as long as Fullmetal Alchemist, I got more bored nearing the end and just wanted it to finish (though that could be because it actually did get worse near the end).

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-14 00:41:09

At 9/14/07 12:29 AM, Kuro wrote: That's what they said about Alex DeLarge.

But the aversion therapy nearly ruined his life.

IT WASN'T A WISE DECISION!!!

I tend to just get bored of a series if it drags on too long.

I've actually just plain stopped watching any anime on TV longer than 26 episodes, because I lose track of my place during re-runs and other programming changes and then lose interest in the show in general (like Eureka 7, which likely would have enjoyed a great deal more than I did if it wasn't for all the re-runs, gaps between new episode airings and timeslot switches).

Last lengthy TV show I watched from the first episode onward was Lupin III, and it got fucking cancelled after like 60 out of the 100+ episodes aired (not to mention a programming gaffe resulted in a raw Japanese episode airing).

I'm more likely to watch one if it's on at a certain time, so watching becomes a habit.

I'm all about specific times.

I used to watch G4's Anime Current religiously since it was always weekdays at nine thirty PM, then they changed it around, wildly varying the times and added like five new shows to the block. With the schedule out of whack and my favourite show gone, I gave up on G4.

Even with a show as long as Fullmetal Alchemist, I got more bored nearing the end and just wanted it to finish (though that could be because it actually did get worse near the end).

Same here, the late arc was just plain not as good as the rest of the series, which certainly made slogging through randomly scheduled re-runs and timeslot switches in order to finish it less appealing.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-14 00:50:10

At 9/14/07 12:41 AM, Gendo wrote: But the aversion therapy nearly ruined his life.

IT WASN'T A WISE DECISION!!!

He did get a nice cheque though.

Though I may be incorrect.
I've actually just plain stopped watching any anime on TV longer than 26 episodes, because I lose track of my place during re-runs and other programming changes and then lose interest in the show in general (like Eureka 7, which likely would have enjoyed a great deal more than I did if it wasn't for all the re-runs, gaps between new episode airings and timeslot switches).

It's like when I used to watch Dragon Ball Z.

Halfway through the Frieza Saga (or Namek saga) they decided to go back to halfway through the Saiyan saga.

They did it again a little after Trunks came back.

Last lengthy TV show I watched from the first episode onward was Lupin III, and it got fucking cancelled after like 60 out of the 100+ episodes aired (not to mention a programming gaffe resulted in a raw Japanese episode airing).

That sounds like a series I'd watch.

IF I COULD FIND IT ANYWHERE.

I'm all about specific times.

I used to watch G4's Anime Current religiously since it was always weekdays at nine thirty PM, then they changed it around, wildly varying the times and added like five new shows to the block. With the schedule out of whack and my favourite show gone, I gave up on G4.

The only anime block which is on here is adult swim (not counting the shit ones that they put on at other points of the day (you know the ones)), which is on at around 12-1am.

The only anime I ever bothered to watch on it was Fullmetal Alchemist, and I got bored of having to watch it so late.

Now I think it's all complete shit (Gundam Seed, Inuyasha etc.), but I haven't checked.

Same here, the late arc was just plain not as good as the rest of the series, which certainly made slogging through randomly scheduled re-runs and timeslot switches in order to finish it less appealing.

I just decided to move on to renting the DVDs about halfway through.

It's much more effective.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-14 08:48:31

I'm happy. Adult Swim is putting Cowboy Bebop back on. No matter how many times I see that show, I never get tired of it.

I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.

Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-14 08:55:30

Halfway through Last Exile and I've finally found something I hate about it:

Every bloody episode makes me want to see the next one immediately.

Bloody cliffhangers.

Though as a result it does seem like the sort of series you could watch in some sort of marathon easily.

Other than that, if it keeps up the standard, then it's on the fast tract to shooting up to near the top of my list of best anime's.

Though I would prefer it if the plane sequences were in 2D; the 3D looks a little out of place sometimes.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-14 21:04:18

At 9/14/07 08:55 AM, Kuro wrote: Halfway through Last Exile and I've finally found something I hate about it:

Every bloody episode makes me want to see the next one immediately.

Bloody cliffhangers.

Though as a result it does seem like the sort of series you could watch in some sort of marathon easily.

I found the R.O.D. TV series was the same, every episode ends with a nerve-wracking cliffhanger....

Also, I've been meaning to check out Last Exile for months, I should hurry up and rent a volume or something.

Though I would prefer it if the plane sequences were in 2D; the 3D looks a little out of place sometimes.

I've found out-of-place CGI to be an epidemic these days.

It killed the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure prequel OVAs, and the past few Lupin III productions have had sloppy 3D scenes (CGI CROWS?!).

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-14 21:19:30

At 9/14/07 09:04 PM, Gendo wrote: I've found out-of-place CGI to be an epidemic these days.

Well it's okay to a degree in Last Exile.

You barely notice it when it's concerning the battleships.

But with the vanships, it goes from a still picture of the ships when it's showing the characters, to 3D straight after when the vanship movies, which is a little distracting.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-14 21:28:44

At 9/14/07 09:17 PM, Mendou wrote: Which is why im glad i watched the majority of it in one fell swoop, i don't think i could take all those cliffhangers and have to wait for the next night to see what happens...or worse a week.

The Friday night episodes were always the most tense, so Mondays in November were must-see TV.

Fortunately, G4 favoured the five episodes a week approach, which made the tension a tad easier to bear.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-14 21:47:03

At 9/14/07 09:43 PM, Mendou wrote: and i just love it when they play with you by airing a recap episode

Shows should just act more like Dragon Ball Z, in which you only have to watch every 3rd episode.

LAST TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z (5 minutes).

NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z (5 minutes).

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-14 22:33:18

At 9/14/07 09:47 PM, Kuro wrote:
At 9/14/07 09:43 PM, Mendou wrote: and i just love it when they play with you by airing a recap episode
Shows should just act more like Dragon Ball Z, in which you only have to watch every 3rd episode.

LAST TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z (5 minutes).

NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z (5 minutes).

Next Time on Dragon Ball Z:

Narrator: Goku makes a wish on the Dragonballs. What will he wish for?

Goku: I wish that the farmer with the shotgun Raditz killed was brought back to life?

Farmer: I'm gonna get mah shotgun!

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-14 23:02:42

At 9/14/07 10:33 PM, supyohos123 wrote: Goku: I wish that the farmer with the shotgun Raditz killed was brought back to life?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Farmer with a shotgun was the epitome of sheer badass.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-14 23:14:02

yo does any1 even still watch Mobile Suit Gundam?

Anime Club

"May god have mercy upon my enemies because I won't"-Me-"Life is a Burrito. . .Chew Well"

"Everyone dies,. . .but since nobody's paid me to kill you. . .Sleep Well"-Boba Fett

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-14 23:15:27

At 9/14/07 08:48 AM, TacticalShoe wrote: I'm happy. Adult Swim is putting Cowboy Bebop back on. No matter how many times I see that show, I never get tired of it.

Why not just buy the DVDs?

At 9/14/07 11:02 PM, Gendo wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-15 01:41:29

a midnight opera is pretty kick ass also I love halloween is a good one too

friend code:0001-3483-6829

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-15 10:15:38

For some reason I stopped watching Naruto....

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-15 12:23:10

At 9/14/07 11:14 PM, HomicideJack wrote: yo does any1 even still watch Mobile Suit Gundam?

Yes, I watch it sometimes, still.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-15 13:14:02

At 9/15/07 10:15 AM, BlackNinjaWarrior93 wrote: For some reason I stopped watching Naruto....

And what a great choice you made!

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-15 14:06:40

At 9/15/07 01:15 PM, Mendou wrote: Looking back......i don't see why i liked that series so much in the first place.

The show was great back when Sasuke wasn't missing.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-15 14:17:28

At 9/15/07 02:06 PM, Dark-Phire wrote:
At 9/15/07 01:15 PM, Mendou wrote: Looking back......i don't see why i liked that series so much in the first place.
The show was great back when Sasuke wasn't missing.

Fuck Sasuke! He should have been stabbed with a LINOLEUM KNIFE in the first episode he was introduced in.