00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

neojuge just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,830,743 Views | 59,823 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-04 20:48:24

At 10/4/04 08:46 PM, psykolord wrote: On a completely unrelated note, anyone know if Ranma 1/2 is going to start airing on [adult swim]?

From what I've heard about the show, it seems unlikely. But then, I thought they wouldn't put Trigun on adultswim and they did, so I guess I'm not that reliable when it come to these matters.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-04 20:51:17

Hey, you gotta admit, Trigun is a kickass show. Ranma, not exactly. I think it might be a while before they consider that.

Wonko, I'm sorry if I offend you by being nice to the other people, I thought that was what people do in here, but I'm afraid I was wrong.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-04 20:53:30

At 10/4/04 08:51 PM, MisguidedTerran wrote: Hey, you gotta admit, Trigun is a kickass show. Ranma, not exactly. I think it might be a while before they consider that.

The dub of trigun sucked, and ranma is too old for [as]

Wonko, I'm sorry if I offend you by being nice to the other people, I thought that was what people do in here, but I'm afraid I was wrong.

IT'S NOT BEING NICE, IT'S SPAMMNIG THE DAMN THREAD! THE MODS ALREADY HATE ALL CLUBS AND CREWS, AND YOU'RE GIVING THEM EXCUSES TO LOCK US DUMBASS.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-04 20:53:54

At 10/4/04 08:51 PM, MisguidedTerran wrote: Wonko, I'm sorry if I offend you by being nice to the other people, I thought that was what people do in here, but I'm afraid I was wrong.

Bit of advice: That doesn't work. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. When something like this happens, don't persue it with apologies. Just change the subject to something on topic and forget about it, and they will, too.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-04 20:54:40

At 10/4/04 08:51 PM, MisguidedTerran wrote: Hey, you gotta admit, Trigun is a kickass show.

Any show can kick ass as long as they don't have men who
dress like women and crappy dubs

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-04 20:56:07

At 10/4/04 08:45 PM, MisguidedTerran wrote:
It's just something to talk about, not spam. Sheesh. By the way, who the hell are you? Trying to get me kicked out or what?

Don't cry about it but this club's name isn't "HEY GUYS! WANNA KNOW HOW I CAME UP WITH THIS SUPER COOL ALIAS!!!" The name of the club is "Anime Club."

Anyway, an anime club just started in my school and were trying to come up with some good anime related activities to try out during club meetings.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-04 20:58:53

At 10/4/04 08:54 PM, secret_toad wrote:
At 10/4/04 08:51 PM, MisguidedTerran wrote: Hey, you gotta admit, Trigun is a kickass show.
Any show can kick ass as long as they don't have men who
dress like women and crappy dubs

There's a trick to make crappy shows with crappy dubs become good shows! Watch it in Japanese! Isn't that the coolest idea you've ever heard?

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-04 21:17:44

At 10/4/04 08:43 PM, Twin_Uzis wrote: It's sickening how many people have not heard of Full Metal Panic.

Yes it is. Awesome anime with a great plot and funny characters that is often overlooked. I rarely see anyone around these days mentioning the greatness of FMP!. Good to find another fan.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-04 21:18:55

At 10/3/04 11:53 PM, BigFan7 wrote:
At 10/3/04 11:29 PM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: Bigfan, The other guy is Negi, this isn't helping you get into the club as a complete member.
He said i could have Negi as my rep. he changed his to Kazuki Sendoh.

Hey bigfan, It's your best bro Mike M. "the redneck", M_A_N_D_M, etc. Call me asap, tell me about that anime.
Have you seen all of Mirounio Kenshin?
Peace.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-04 21:21:11

At 10/4/04 09:18 PM, AmericanOutlaw wrote:
Hey bigfan, It's your best bro Mike M. "the redneck", M_A_N_D_M, etc. Call me asap, tell me about that anime.
Peace.

What the fuck just happened.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-04 21:26:49

At 10/4/04 09:21 PM, Noctroler wrote:
At 10/4/04 09:18 PM, AmericanOutlaw wrote:
Peace.

I have no idea whatsoever. I wish that someone would tell me though.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-04 21:28:42

I'm still looking for anime related activities for my school anime club.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-04 21:29:58

At 10/4/04 09:28 PM, Noctroler wrote: I'm still looking for anime related activities for my school anime club.

School anime clubs aren't worth it. but since you seem to want to join one, you could all make idiots of yourselves by coming to school in cosplay.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-04 21:33:41

At 10/4/04 09:29 PM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
School anime clubs aren't worth it. but since you seem to want to join one, you could all make idiots of yourselves by coming to school in cosplay.

I wouldn't dare cosplay. I'd never hear the end of it from the football team. Plus, I got messy red hair and side burns, I just ain't cosplay material. The chicks seem to dig cosplay though.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-04 21:50:18

If you could have any Robot from anime, as a slave, who woudl it be. and why?

Mine would be Chi from chobits cus shes so cute >.>

A Veratech from Robotech. Who wouldn't want a transforming plain that could blow up stuff huh?:-) Although a persocom is a nice idea it could never replace a real anime girl.....err i mean a real anime girl......damnit! I MEAN A REAL GIRL!!!!!

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-04 21:50:35

At 10/4/04 09:33 PM, Noctroler wrote: The chicks seem to dig cosplay though.

That they do that they do.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-04 21:52:31

At 10/4/04 09:50 PM, DeathgiverX wrote:

Never seen a hot chick cosplay though.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-04 21:58:13

At 10/4/04 09:52 PM, Noctroler wrote:
At 10/4/04 09:50 PM, DeathgiverX wrote:

You haven't, huh? You should read EGM sometimes. They have had so many pictures of hot chicks in cosplay that it's not even funny.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-04 21:59:21

At 10/4/04 09:33 PM, Noctroler wrote:

I have although some choose to dress up as guys from anime such as Wolfwood or Chrono. And when you meet one of those chicks then its kinda creepy. But some chicks cosplay real well and they look really cool in their costumes. I have been to Otakon 2004 and Anime Expo 2004 so I have seen quite a bit of cosplayers.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-04 22:46:00

At 10/4/04 09:26 PM, psykolord wrote:

I love it how you gave a me a chance to make fun of you for spaming with such a post like that. Congrats! You spamed, feel better now?

I have no idea whatsoever. I wish that someone would tell me though.

Wow I can not belive that you followed him on the damn spaming thing, just forget that guys post, it was in no way dericted at you.

Anyway BigFan have you heard of the manga xxxHolic? I am just asking because no one else in here seems to know it, I thought perhaps you would know.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-04 22:53:45

Another manga to review: R.A.V.E. Master

When you start reading it, the author just flings you into the universe without any info or stuff. The kid finds a dog/bug thing, which turns out to have helped out this old guy beat the bad guys, and whatnot. This old guy gets the crap kicked out of him in front of the kid, the kid inherits the powers, and avenges his living ass. Then some more stuff happens, he leaves his island, his sister becomes sad, blah blah blah. It's an ok manga, just not for everyone. I would reccomend this for people who like to jump straight into the action without much of that backstory crap.

What'd you guys think about it?

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-04 23:20:52

Anyway BigFan have you heard of the manga xxxHolic? I am just asking because no one else in here seems to know it, I thought perhaps you would know.

I've heard of it and seen it being sold at anime cons, but sorry i have never read it. :-P I have the same problem with the anime Figure 17. I have only met a couple of people besides me who have seen it.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 08:44:26

That was what I meant, Ranma you put my words exactly. Plus, they've already got Inuyasha, so I don't think they would like putting on two animes from the same person, but who knows?

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 09:09:53

At 10/4/04 11:32 PM, _Ranma_Saotome_ wrote:

Ranma 1/2 was and still is a very popular anime, in fact I believe its more popular then Trigun especially the manga. The problem with putting it on Adult Swim is that theres a lot of nudity scenes and they wouldent be able to cut them without destroying the anime. They could paint batheing suits on like Tenchi Muyo but they dont want to bother.

Wanna know something funny... I didn't know they put the swim suits on the girls in Tenchi Muyo, until I got the DVD and they were naked.

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 09:27:43

Okay, so Ranma 1/2 probably won't show up. My friend was saying some crap about [adult swim] only showing anime that was published by Funimation. I don't think that this is true however. Hey, does anyone think that Record of Lososs War or Love Hina may make it to [adult swim]?
And yes there was nudity in Tenchi I know that because I've seen the uncut second movie Daughter of Darkness or whatever it's called. Haven't seen much Tenchi in a long time though:( Maybe Tenchi will go (back?) to [adult swim]!

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 09:33:00

At 10/5/04 09:27 AM, psykolord wrote: Okay, so Ranma 1/2 probably won't show up. My friend was saying some crap about [adult swim] only showing anime that was published by Funimation. I don't think that this is true however. Hey, does anyone think that Record of Lososs War or Love Hina may make it to [adult swim]?

They might, but not anytime soon. I really hope they bring Naruto to AS, it doesn't have a lot of bad things in it to cut, but do we really want them to mess up naruto with voice overs and bad translations?

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 10:32:25

Sorry for boring u again with my pointless posts, but I just wanna know if I´m in or out the club. I took a look at the member list and nobody took Camus, can I consider that I´m in? W8ing for an answer... tks.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 10:42:31

I was really bored so I made this! But since this is about Anime... who is everyone's favorite character from Naruto?

Mine is Lee Rock, or Rock Lee - it just depend, because some say first name, family name and others say family name, first name... its mainly a western vs. eastern thing.

Anime Club

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 10:49:34

I'm sorry that I haven't posted in a long time, I broke my neck, so I'm at home posting this and working on my Kagome fansite!
It's an addiction, so sue me!
Oh, and does your nickname have to be specifically a characters name?
'Cause I wanna use something like "Kagome's #1 Fanboy" or something.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 10:52:25

At 10/5/04 10:49 AM, CoachDante wrote: I'm sorry that I haven't posted in a long time, I broke my neck, so I'm at home posting this and working on my Kagome fansite!
It's an addiction, so sue me!
Oh, and does your nickname have to be specifically a characters name?
'Cause I wanna use something like "Kagome's #1 Fanboy" or something.

Yes, it has to be a specific character, and it has to be the same gender you are, incase you wanted to be Kagome.

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature