00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

jdixxy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,852,792 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 10:58:13

Shit!
I can't think of anything, and that list back a coupla pages just confused me, give me a sugesstion please!

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 11:15:43

At 10/5/04 10:58 AM, CoachDante wrote: Shit!
I can't think of anything, and that list back a coupla pages just confused me, give me a sugesstion please!

Well what animes do you like? Most of Inuyasha's characters are taken I think though.

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 11:21:33

At 10/5/04 11:15 AM, Dr_HyakuNinGiri wrote:

::

Well what animes do you like? Most of Inuyasha's characters are taken I think thoug

\
Really all I saw was that Kagome and Kouga taken I might be mistaken.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 11:27:36

At 10/5/04 11:21 AM, secret_toad wrote:
Well what animes do you like? Most of Inuyasha's characters are taken I think thoug
\

I think Sesshomaru and Shippou are also taken but I'm not sure...

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 11:30:27

If those are taken, I wanna be Inuchan!

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 11:35:46

At 10/5/04 11:27 AM, AUb wrote:
At 10/5/04 11:21 AM, secret_toad wrote:
\
I think Sesshomaru and Shippou are also taken but I'm not sure...

Wow, I can't believe Inuyasha isn't taken, or Miroku... I was sure that Master_Inuyasha would have Inuyasha, but I really don't care enough to look at whose who

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 12:02:58

who did master Inuyasha get as a representeive.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 12:15:31

I in!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Thanks guys!

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 12:23:34

Congraulations and Welcome new friend
Lets be good friends.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 12:26:18

Has anyone read Tokyo Tribe II, it was written by Santa Inuoe. It combines american pop culture with Manga. It is on Discovery channel right now. He wants to make a video game and an animated movie of the manga by 2005.

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 12:33:34

Sounds cool,

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 15:08:30

Just to let everyone know, I've started a betting pool on our forums. For more details, go to tinksanime.hyperboards.com

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 16:08:16

At 10/5/04 12:15 PM, CoachDante wrote: I in!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Thanks guys!

There are rules governing joing and changing character, none of which you have followed, so you aren't in.

At the time master inuyasha was in the club, I was inuyasha, so he couldn't be. He got himself kicked out right before I changed to sasuke. And I'm gonna assume that "Inuchan" is a smaller inuyasha, well you can't have one little transformation of a character. it's like letting one person join as male ranma, and another as female ranma. it doesn't work, it's still just ranma.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 20:43:22

At 10/5/04 10:32 AM, Halfling_br wrote: Sorry for boring u again with my pointless posts, but I just wanna know if I´m in or out the club. I took a look at the member list and nobody took Camus, can I consider that I´m in? W8ing for an answer... tks.

if you have listed your top 5 favorite animes and have chosen an anime character that hasn't been chosen then you're probably in.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 20:56:14

At 10/5/04 12:33 PM, CoachDante wrote: Sounds cool,

dude. lets stop it with the two-word posts. it gets annoying. believe me, i used to do it all the time.

and, post your 5 fav anime
then choose a character to rep. you

then your in, as long as that character hasnt been selected.
so...yeah.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 20:59:52

At 10/5/04 08:56 PM, The-Seeker- wrote: dude. lets stop it with the two-word posts. it gets annoying. believe me, i used to do it all the time.

That makes you a hypocrite! Hahahaha! No, not really. But, yeah, you do have a valid point. It does get annoying. I'm really trying to cut down on it, myself. I usually have to repeat myself in a different way to keep it from being too short.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 21:02:22

At 10/5/04 08:59 PM, Twin_Uzis wrote: That makes you a hypocrite! Hahahaha! No, not really. But, yeah, you do have a valid point. It does get annoying. I'm really trying to cut down on it, myself. I usually have to repeat myself in a different way to keep it from being too short.

Somehow I feel like your post had nothing to do with anime *sigh*

Oh well anyway BigFan in your opinion which would you perffer the most, Anime or Manga?

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 21:10:24

Oh well anyway BigFan in your opinion which would you perffer the most, Anime or Manga?

I don't prefer one over the other. I like them both so much! When i can't watch T.V. I read manga and vis/versa. Although manga tends to show more "fanservice" than the anime because of lesser restrictions on book cencorship. Anime lets you hear and see the anime characters move and talk. Like i said before i prefer one over the other.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 21:16:39

At 10/5/04 09:10 PM, BigFan7 wrote: I don't prefer one over the other. I like them both so much! When i can't watch T.V. I read manga and vis/versa. Although manga tends to show more "fanservice" than the anime because of lesser restrictions on book cencorship. Anime lets you hear and see the anime characters move and talk.

Ah it's always good to hear what you have to say about such matters. Well very well I see your point, I think I myself actually perfer manga a bit more, depends on what my mood is :/

Like i said before i prefer one over the other.

Wait I thought you said you don't.......

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 21:17:51

At 10/5/04 09:10 PM, BigFan7 wrote: Anime lets you hear and see the anime characters move and talk. Like i said before i prefer one over the other.

Don't forget the soundtracks. :)

Something about girls cosplaying as guys...

I saw a girl (Don't think she was more than 15 years old) cosplaying as Duo, from Gundam Wing, at Megacon 2004. She really pulled it off although it wasn't much of a hard costume. Black hat, pants, shirt, and a ponytail.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 21:34:47

At 10/5/04 09:17 PM, ProtoBassX wrote: I saw a girl (Don't think she was more than 15 years old) cosplaying as Duo, from Gundam Wing, at Megacon 2004. She really pulled it off although it wasn't much of a hard costume. Black hat, pants, shirt, and a ponytail.

Hmm... If I'm thinking of the right guy guy, than it sounds like she got lazy.
P.S. Was she fat with black hair?

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 21:55:45

At 10/5/04 09:34 PM, Twin_Uzis wrote: Hmm... If I'm thinking of the right guy guy, than it sounds like she got lazy.
P.S. Was she fat with black hair?

Some cosplays are just that simple. I guess she was a tad lazy for going as Duo though... Cosplays can go from the heavy-accesorized Naruto costume, to a simple dress-Sakura costume. o_O

She had brown hair, and no she wasn't fat... although there was a not-exactly-thin-Kagome sitting in front of me in the costume contest at Megacon 2004.

I wanted to go cosplaying as Rock Lee, I can grow my hair long enough, but I'd need to get a green jumpsuit of a sort. Friend of mine (ironically RockLee-) is going as Sasuke. He already has the hair for the cosplay. :)

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-05 22:46:18

At 10/5/04 09:55 PM, ProtoBassX wrote:
At 10/5/04 09:34 PM, Twin_Uzis wrote: stuff about cosplay and anime conventions

Does anyone know of some cheap conventions in California? I've been trying to find one to go to but can't.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-06 01:34:39

Like i said before i prefer one over the other.

Wait I thought you said you don't.......

Opps sorry. Typo. I ment I don't prefer one over the other.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-06 01:39:55

At 10/5/04 10:46 PM, psykolord wrote:
At 10/5/04 09:55 PM, ProtoBassX wrote:
At 10/5/04 09:34 PM, Twin_Uzis wrote: stuff about cosplay and anime conventions
Does anyone know of some cheap conventions in California? I've been trying to find one to go to but can't.

Which part of california? Just this weekend you missed ani-magic in Valencia (I normally work as staff at that con, but this year I didn't even bother attending)

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-06 05:29:59

I figured out of all the topics, it would be best to post this here.

One of the Animes I have found myself getting into as of the past few months, is Inuyasha, it is a rather solid show, enough fight scenes to keep it action packed, but enough storyline to keep the fights scenes from becoming repetitive. The storyline itself is quite good, though a tad silly at times, and the dialog can be a bit redundant (I assume this is due to the fact that I am watching the "dubbed" version). However, there seems to be a flaw that is rather apparent in the storyline. The origins of Inuyasha’s discovery of his ultimate technique, "The backlash wave"
which he figures out how to wield during his battle with that one giant demon/dragon creature. However, I notice now, he seems to have forgotten how to use this move, as well as even the lesser "Wind Scar" move, when he meets up with the swords smith who forged his Tetsiga, then soon after, forced into battle with his brother. In the next upcoming episode, it seems as though he will be able to "master" one of these techniques which he already learned, and seemingly forgot.

When I saw this, I was all like "WTF". So I figured someone here would be able to enlighten me on this subject. Did the creators just get lazy, and assume we would forget, or am I missing something?

Mike

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-06 05:39:37

At 10/6/04 05:29 AM, Baron_Von_Bad_Guy wrote: Did the creators just get lazy, and assume we would forget, or am I missing something?

Maybe they showed the episodes in a different order, because Inuyasha does not know those techniques before he meets the forger guy. Or could the series have started over?

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-06 10:13:48

At 10/6/04 05:29 AM, Baron_Von_Bad_Guy wrote:
When I saw this, I was all like "WTF". So I figured someone here would be able to enlighten me on this subject. Did the creators just get lazy, and assume we would forget, or am I missing something?
Mike

Hey man, try reading the manga, I don´t remember well the order of facts, but sometimes the anime don´t have enough time to show everything that really happened, the manga don´t have time limit like the anime so it can show the whole facts. If u have alredy read the manga and still is still like "WTF", hope the other guys can help.
Hey guys, just wanna ask ur opinion bout sumthing, I´m part of an anime group, and we´r gonna do an event oct 31st, take a look on the animes, and tell me what do u think. Should we show ore animes, different ones etc...

Ranma 1/2
Puni Puni Poemi (I don´t know this one)
Naruto
Elfen Lied
RahXephon
-Break- Anime music videos
Fushigi Yugi
Ayashi no Ceres
Angelic Layer
Show of a band called Bakuhastu
Cosplay
Tks.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-06 10:35:54

At 10/6/04 05:29 AM, Baron_Von_Bad_Guy wrote:

:Stuff about InuYasha and the Backlash Wave.

Dude, InuYasha only unleashed the Wind Scar once, accidentally I mght add, before meeting the swordsmith. He learned the Backlash Wave later on, during the battle with the dragon that defeated his father. Apparrently, the episodes were out of order.

Byt hte way, in response to an earlier post, I'm asking about conventions in the San Joaquin valley, near Merced and Modesto.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-06 11:00:31

Inu Yasha can only use the "backslash wave" (which is really called Bakuryuha) only to "slash back" the energy of a youkai combined with his own power.