00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Interloping just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,855,351 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2015-02-27 11:20:05

At 2/27/15 07:06 AM, DCMegaFan wrote: Oh, goodness, I was just wondering if I would be able to join. May I?

Yes, you can join. Have a nice time here.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-02-27 15:05:09

At 2/27/15 01:28 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 2/27/15 07:06 AM, DCMegaFan wrote:
At 2/26/15 11:04 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 2/26/15 08:38 AM, DCMegaFan wrote: How about me?
Did I miss something? What about you?
Oh, goodness, I was just wondering if I would be able to join. May I?
Of course, you can.

Welcome to the anime club.

Arigato!

Response to Anime Club 2015-02-27 20:52:17

At 2/27/15 12:39 AM, AzuneMadness wrote:
At 2/26/15 08:05 AM, TheMaster wrote: I started watching Watamote and it might be the funniest TV show I've ever seen.

Getting real Peep Show vibes from it.
Great show, made me cringe so much at times though ^.^

Finished it off today. Watched a lot of it through my fingers, some genuinely painful stuff in there.

Didn't enjoy the last 1/3 or so of the series as much as the earlier stuff because it just gets so fucking depressing.

Picked up these on my way home from work today, so that's my weekend sorted.

Anime Club

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-02-28 18:27:22

At 2/22/15 11:53 PM, orangebomb wrote:

The one thing that I don't get about this genre is all of the hate that it gets and the accusations that they are "ruining" anime. Granted not a lot of them are special or anything like that, but there is no harm in watching buxom/lolicon/crossdressing girls showing skin now and again. Not to mention that they're more or less following Go Nagai's footsteps anyway, and he's a legend for extreme content {and Mazinger Z}

High School DxD easily is my favorite of the bunch, as it actually has a MC who enjoys being in a harem with women {and Kiba} that don't view him as a piece of meat, mostly at least, and it's actually refreshing to see everyone in the story approve of Issei's perverted behavior.

I like it too but it gets dragged out so much. It's not until the end of Season 2 that Lucifer realizes that Issei's "power source" is his feelings for these women, which cracks me up. If only I could get strong and powerful thinking about having sex with different girls, I'd be ultra successful by now.

Response to Anime Club 2015-02-28 21:07:30

At 2/28/15 08:39 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
Just wondering, are you going to watch the new season of High School DxD that's coming out in April?

I am. I wonder where it is going to be when it first comes out.

Response to Anime Club 2015-02-28 21:11:27

Has anyone trolled this club because they think we are losers who watch cartoons or is that shit over now?

Response to Anime Club 2015-02-28 22:25:00

At 2/28/15 10:04 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 2/28/15 09:07 PM, supra187 wrote:
I am. I wonder where it is going to be when it first comes out.
I pretty much already know everything that's going to happen in the new season. I've read the light novel and gone ahead, but that's still not as great as seeing it animated.

I tried reading the light novel but I don't like how there are no pictures.

Response to Anime Club 2015-03-01 12:49:51

Just came across "Kiss x Death" and after going deeper into the first chapter, the whole thing is getting weird...now if only Migi shows up.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-03-01 19:32:49

At 3/1/15 02:35 AM, AzuneMadness wrote: Who's watching Parasyte? I'm kind of sad it's ending soon, best anime released in a while. But it is madhouse so that's to be expected.

I am watching and I like it so far. Is anybody else?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-03-01 20:18:08

At 2/28/15 10:40 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 2/28/15 10:25 PM, supra187 wrote:
I tried reading the light novel but I don't like how there are no pictures.
I agree, there should be more pictures. At least we got to see what Rossweisse looks like and she looked great in the anime trailer for the third season.

Yeh I might get around reading it. Not sure.

Response to Anime Club 2015-03-02 01:48:03

I'm looking for a good horror series besides When They Cry, I finished Another recently, and was realllly dissapointed in it

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Response to Anime Club 2015-03-02 10:05:14

At 3/2/15 06:34 AM, ShiroRiza17 wrote:
At 3/2/15 01:48 AM, Tropzilla wrote: I'm looking for a good horror series besides When They Cry, I finished Another recently, and was realllly dissapointed in it
I don't know other horror animes besides Another but I am interested to watch another horror anime. And Another was not that bad, can I ask why are you disappointed of that anime?

Just kind of seemed to drag on, and just felt too Final Destinationy, but wasn't Final Destination. Also the theme song was terrible.

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Response to Anime Club 2015-03-02 11:30:20

Hmm,I see. I think I like the anime because I'm a scaredy cat,lol XD I like both the story and the theme song. But do let me know if you found another horror anime^^/

I'll keep you updated, but for now if you think you can handle it, When They Cry is far superior

Response to Anime Club 2015-03-02 19:47:57

At 3/2/15 01:48 AM, Tropzilla wrote: I'm looking for a good horror series besides When They Cry, I finished Another recently, and was realllly dissapointed in it

Boogiepop Phantom

Hundred Stories A.K.A Requiem From the Darkness

Paranoia Agent

and Blood Reign: Curse of the Yoma has a bit of horror mixed with action

I think those are all really good anime and aside from maybe Paranoia Agent, they're very underrated IMO. Definitely recommended to everyone.

Oh, and Vampire Hunter D could sort of be considered horror/fantasy/action. That's one of my favorite movies. I love the atmosphere of it so much. Bloodlust is good, too, but it doesn't have that.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-03-02 21:26:28

At 3/2/15 07:47 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
Oh, and Vampire Hunter D could sort of be considered horror/fantasy/action. That's one of my favorite movies. I love the atmosphere of it so much. Bloodlust is good, too, but it doesn't have that.

Appreciate it!

Response to Anime Club 2015-03-02 23:34:54 (edited 2015-03-02 23:37:53)

At 3/2/15 06:51 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
Have you seen Corpse Party: Tortured Souls? It's an anime OVA series based on a game and it's very short with only four episodes. It's actually more disturbing than scary.

I've added it to my list recently, I love the games. someone also suggested Deadman Wonderland

Response to Anime Club 2015-03-03 11:15:06

At 3/3/15 08:39 AM, ShiroRiza17 wrote: @Tropzilla I'm watching When They Cry and so far so good, I'm already three episodes in! I'm watching the dub version by the way but it wasn't too bad.

I saw it, and the dub version is okay. Let us know your thoughts as you keep watching it.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-03-03 13:01:45

Turns out the Forbidden Planet near me has a massive manga section hidden, and it's all on 3 for 2 at the minute.

Grabbed the first two books of Dragon Ball (actually the first 6 volumes, as they're big 3-in-1 collections) and volume six of Watamote yesterday, probably going to go back for more later in the week.

Dragon Ball is fun so far. Like it more than Dragon Ball Z, although I've only seen the show of that, so maybe the books are better across the board.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-03-03 13:31:09

At 3/3/15 01:01 PM, TheMaster wrote: Dragon Ball is fun so far. Like it more than Dragon Ball Z, although I've only seen the show of that, so maybe the books are better across the board.

Dragon Ball is fantastic, I've been slowly rewatching it lately and I'm really having a lot of fun.

As for Z, the manga is a small step up from the show, but it's still far inferior to Dragon Ball. I've always been disappointed that DBZ gets all the attention when the original is so much better.

Response to Anime Club 2015-03-05 01:21:11

guess who is watching Zatch Bell? this guy

Response to Anime Club 2015-03-05 10:31:07

At 3/5/15 07:23 AM, AzuneMadness wrote:
At 3/5/15 01:21 AM, StayCalm wrote: guess who is watching Zatch Bell? this guy
How is it? it's been in my plan to watch for god knows how long.

he is tooo cute <3333

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2015-03-05 12:55:26

I am going to continue to take advantage of the 3 for 2 on manga at my local store and buy 6 volume ones to try out tomorrow, or 9 volume ones if I don't buy True Detective as well.

I'm thinking Berserk, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Fullmetal Alchemist and Attack on Titan.

Any suggestions to plug those last two holes? Will probably just get more Dragon Ball if not.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-03-05 14:14:27

At 3/5/15 12:55 PM, TheMaster wrote: I am going to continue to take advantage of the 3 for 2 on manga at my local store and buy 6 volume ones to try out tomorrow, or 9 volume ones if I don't buy True Detective as well.

I'm thinking Berserk, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Fullmetal Alchemist and Attack on Titan.

Any suggestions to plug those last two holes? Will probably just get more Dragon Ball if not.

Berserk is the only manga I ever commited to and paid money to collect volumes of until I realized it was going for like 20 years and still had no ending in sight. If I were to get into a manga now, I'd try Gantz or Akira myself. I've wanted to, but I just never bother with comics anymore.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-03-05 14:46:13 (edited 2015-03-05 14:49:51)

This forum collected the joke chapters that appeared in the manga volumes of FMA. For some reason sites like mangahere removed most of them so...

Remember the miniskirt joke from the first series? Only difference is that the final 4koma panel with that joke ended with Mustang getting KIA and it was implied he was fragged.

Some are still untranslated though, including how Basque Grand was killed.

Edit: http://fma-omakes.tumblr.com/volumes

Never mind, here's a better source.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-03-05 19:01:23

At 3/5/15 02:14 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:

Berserk is the only manga I ever commited to and paid money to collect volumes of until I realized it was going for like 20 years and still had no ending in sight. If I were to get into a manga now, I'd try Gantz or Akira myself. I've wanted to, but I just never bother with comics anymore.

Could be worse, I looked up on Glass Mask and found out it's still ongoing despite debuting in 1976. I looked it up because of a joke panel on the FMA manga where Roy Mustang was portrayed as a bullied shoujo character and someone on the comments section mentioned that it's a parody of Glass Mask.

Then you have Doraemon (1969) which outlived its creator.

Anime Club

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-03-06 11:13:13

At 3/5/15 07:01 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Then you have Doraemon (1969) which outlived its creator.

Doraemon was an great work. I really enjoyed it.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-03-06 11:15:17

At 3/6/15 11:13 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 3/5/15 07:01 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Then you have Doraemon (1969) which outlived its creator.
Doraemon was an great work. I really enjoyed it.

Yes, the anime series happens to be one of the first I watched.

I have a feeling that even if the original author had lived for another hundreds of years, the series would still have been ongoing so either way, there's no end in sight.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-03-06 19:08:40 (edited 2015-03-06 19:09:12)

Just found something that was somewhat famous over deviant art...what the hell did I just read?

http://naokoelric2250.deviantart.com/art/A-Rant-On-Fullmetal-Alchemist-181630838

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-03-07 00:03:05

At 3/5/15 12:55 PM, TheMaster wrote: I am going to continue to take advantage of the 3 for 2 on manga at my local store and buy 6 volume ones to try out tomorrow, or 9 volume ones if I don't buy True Detective as well.

Berserk and Jojo are good

FMA is fine but lesser than the above mentioned

AoT is pretty mediocre

I personally would pick Jojo over Berserk but I wouldn't fault either choice.

At 3/5/15 01:21 AM, StayCalm wrote: guess who is watching Zatch Bell? this guy

Gash Bell, filthy gaijins

Anyway Gash Bell remains probably my favorite manga of all time but not too many people have read it

The anime cuts short so if you want to continue you'll have to read it

Response to Anime Club 2015-03-07 02:13:55

Just got into reading Glass Mask and other than that joke page Arakawa drew along with the omake about Roy Mustang, I can see where Skip Beat! gets its inspiration from.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature