00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MonkDrunkey76 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,855,203 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-02 09:34:55

At 10/2/16 02:37 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: You must of really enjoyed it.

Fuck yeah dude

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-02 18:41:09

At 10/2/16 09:34 AM, NightRaid-NG wrote:
At 10/2/16 02:37 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: You must of really enjoyed it.
Fuck yeah dude

It is not bad, but I enjoyed Attack on Titan better.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-06 20:40:58

Gundam IBO S2 started off somewhat ok, nowhere near as good as the prior season. There's some QUALITY here and there, but it's forgivable. I'm hoping it doesn't drop the ball hard like S1 did and make me drop it -- the second Gundam series, after AGE, to make me do that. ZZ had a poor first half, too, but had a much better cast to carry it through to the better parts. IBO doesn't have much good characters so I'm not expecting much.

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-07 22:18:58

Anyone still play yugioh ?

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-08 03:18:24

At 10/7/16 10:18 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote: Anyone still play yugioh ?

The card game was okay, but the cartoon was better.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-08 13:43:54

Tonight will be a sad episode of Toonami, the last One Punch Man. Check it out, before they replace it with another show.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-09 08:02:53

At 10/8/16 01:43 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Tonight will be a sad episode of Toonami, the last One Punch Man. Check it out, before they replace it with another show.

By "another show," you mean JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. From what I've heard over the years here in Anime Club, these shows are of equivalent awesomeness. Besides, it's not exactly the last One Punch Man; Season 2 has been confirmed and will possibly air next year.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-14 12:29:59

At 10/9/16 08:02 AM, MrTrivia wrote:
At 10/8/16 01:43 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Tonight will be a sad episode of Toonami, the last One Punch Man. Check it out, before they replace it with another show.
By "another show," you mean JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. From what I've heard over the years here in Anime Club, these shows are of equivalent awesomeness. Besides, it's not exactly the last One Punch Man; Season 2 has been confirmed and will possibly air next year.

I know what you mean, but it is still sad when a show goes away. Just like it is a good thing when a new show starts. I will give JoJo a chance and see what happens. Season 2 of OPM had better be amazing.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-16 14:33:06

This is a no spoilers zone. From what I have seen, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, is a strange anime. There are two guys, and one of them is a major hater. There is also a mask that keeps being shown. I think one of them will end up wearing the mask. I was also very upset about the one death. No spoilers.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-16 17:02:06

At 10/16/16 02:33 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: This is a no spoilers zone. From what I have seen, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, is a strange anime. There are two guys, and one of them is a major hater. There is also a mask that keeps being shown. I think one of them will end up wearing the mask. I was also very upset about the one death. No spoilers.

Have you read the manga before? Bizarre is in the name, of course it'll be a strange show.

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-16 17:36:27

At 10/16/16 05:02 PM, towelie101 wrote:
At 10/16/16 02:33 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: This is a no spoilers zone. From what I have seen, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, is a strange anime. There are two guys, and one of them is a major hater. There is also a mask that keeps being shown. I think one of them will end up wearing the mask. I was also very upset about the one death. No spoilers.
Have you read the manga before? Bizarre is in the name, of course it'll be a strange show.

No. I have not. I am watching this for the first time. That is why I did not want any spoilers to ruin it.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-16 18:59:44

At 10/16/16 05:36 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: No. I have not. I am watching this for the first time. That is why I did not want any spoilers to ruin it.

I already watched it subbed, but it gets way better in the later parts. This is only the prologue to all the cool shit that happens throughout the series.

Is the dub any good?

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-16 22:03:02

Which 3 manga series do you think will end first? Berserk, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, or Glass Mask?

Either way, I won't be holding my breath for either one...

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-17 22:01:29

At 10/16/16 06:59 PM, towelie101 wrote:
At 10/16/16 05:36 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: No. I have not. I am watching this for the first time. That is why I did not want any spoilers to ruin it.
I already watched it subbed, but it gets way better in the later parts. This is only the prologue to all the cool shit that happens throughout the series.

I understand that, it would have to get better at this point. I was just giving my reactions to the first episode.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-18 22:10:02

At 10/18/16 08:05 PM, Vinnyy wrote: What do you guys think of fall 2016 anime? I think this season is pretty disappointing so far. I'm watching a lot of new shows coming out this season but I might drop a few of them, particularly Occultic;Nine, Lostorage Incited WIXOSS, and Keijo. These shows either make no sense, don't appeal to me, or are just really cringey.

For now, I'll continue watching Shuumatsu no Izetta, Drifters, 3-gatsu no Lion, and Hibike! Euphonium 2nd second. I hope they won't disappoint me.

I read the manga of drifters way back but kind of stopped reading it because it took so long for new volumes to come out, im jumping back to it with the anime. i like stories that take place in the after life and all the different historical figures interacting with eachother, so definitely a fun show.
i also watched the first episode of yuri on ice which is about figure skating, i enjoy most sports series and this one seems good so far, nice animation and some may or may not be subtle homosexual undertones.

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-19 15:37:49

At 10/18/16 10:10 PM, DeIirium wrote: I read the manga of drifters way back but kind of stopped reading it because it took so long for new volumes to come out, im jumping back to it with the anime. i like stories that take place in the after life and all the different historical figures interacting with eachother, so definitely a fun show.

Manga can be dragged out, and take a long time for new ones to be released. If you like it, you just have to be patience and wait.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-22 21:00:36

Another live Toonami tonight, and the second episode of Jojo tonight.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-24 15:33:25

Started the Space Adventure Cobra TV series last night. First anime I've started since ZZ Gundam killed it for me. Watched the first four episodes in a row last night, which is a large amount for me. Usually I can't do more than two or three without feeling like I'm wasting time and get the itch to do something else.

It's pretty good fun so far, we'll see how it progresses. I think I'm bound to watch any series with a jazzy '70s-'80s opening like this, though. I'm a sucker for 'em. If I end up liking this enough I'll probably go for the film and OVA next.

Speaking of '70s-'80s, I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one in this thread that watches old mecha/sci-fi stuff in this vein. My posts are a bit out of line from the norm here.

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-24 16:25:12

This is a no spoilers zone. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, episode two made a little more sense. There was a large jump forward in time. They showed what the mask does. It had plenty of action. It still seems average. Not sure why it has such a large following? No spoilers.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-26 15:19:30

At 10/25/16 05:02 PM, Vinnyy wrote: Has anyone seen the anime music video Shelter that came out recently?

I can't stop re-watching it. Everything about it is amazing, especially the visuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzQ6gRAEoy0

I checked it out. It was better than I thought it would be. Thanks for the link.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-26 23:14:28

At 10/26/16 11:08 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
No problem. This was trending on Twitter a few days ago and many anime YouTubers were talking about it. I'm glad I introduced you to it.

If you find more like this, feel free to share it with us.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-27 17:44:17

At 10/27/16 03:46 PM, Vinnyy wrote: Of course I will. Part of this anime club is about introducing each other to new, cool stuff.

That is true. I have been enjoying Hunter X Hunter. It was nice at first, but has really grown on me.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-28 01:13:34

At 10/27/16 07:36 PM, Vinnyy wrote: If you don't mind me asking, when did you first become interested in anime?
I've known you for a while and I see you here all the time so I'm just curious.

I think it was Gundam Wing and DragonBall. I liked them before I knew they were anime. lol

How about you?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-10-31 23:24:55 (edited 2016-10-31 23:29:12)

Finished Space Adventure Cobra last night. The Golden Boy and Rugball arcs were leagues ahead of the other episodes, but I liked most of it well enough. Only episodes I didn't really enjoy were the ones with the Swordians. The way things suddenly became serious 4 episodes from the end was a bit jarring too, but Cobra getting together with all his buds was neat. It was a fun watch, but I think I'm gonna hold off on the film and OVAs for a bit.

Up next for me is the Dirty Pair TV series. The only taste of Dirty Pair I've had is a single OVA episode that I passively watched in some livestream, so I suppose this is a bit overdue. Six episodes in so far, and I've enjoyed all of it. The stories have had good variety and they all feel fresh and interesting, and Kei and Yuri are really likeable characters. Mughi outshines them both though.

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2016-11-01 09:26:43 (edited 2016-11-01 09:27:39)

At 10/31/16 11:24 PM, Oolaph wrote: Finished Space Adventure Cobra last night.

How do you drum up the enthusiasm to get through these somewhat long old series, and in a fairly short time? I have trouble getting through 13 episode anime nowadays, even current series that I find interesting, nowhere near this older stuff.

I pre-ordered a figure from Your Lie in April many months back, it's releasing in like a week now after several delays and I still haven't even finished the series. Kids on the Slope, Kill la Kill, Code Geass, even Gurren Lagann, all really cool series that I never finished. There's just so much shit I try to keep up with, games, movies, TV, and anime always goes on the back burner for me. Watching a whole 80's anime is basically never going to happen even though a lot of them look good.

Response to Anime Club 2016-11-01 10:25:43

At 11/1/16 09:26 AM, Jackho wrote:
At 10/31/16 11:24 PM, Oolaph wrote: Finished Space Adventure Cobra last night.
How do you drum up the enthusiasm to get through these somewhat long old series, and in a fairly short time? I have trouble getting through 13 episode anime nowadays, even current series that I find interesting, nowhere near this older stuff.

Usually I don't, but I guess I've been in the mood lately. I mentioned earlier that 1-2 eps is normally my maximum for a day, but I sat down after work and watched 6 eps of Dirty Pair in a row last night.

I pre-ordered a figure from Your Lie in April many months back, it's releasing in like a week now after several delays and I still haven't even finished the series. Kids on the Slope, Kill la Kill, Code Geass, even Gurren Lagann, all really cool series that I never finished. There's just so much shit I try to keep up with, games, movies, TV, and anime always goes on the back burner for me. Watching a whole 80's anime is basically never going to happen even though a lot of them look good.

I haven't been up to date with games since I was 16, I rarely play anything at all these days. Movies and TV aren't a big interest either, so anime and some old tokusatsu stuff is really my only "TV time".

Response to Anime Club 2016-11-03 18:43:09

So, I've been getting into Naruto a lot lately. I actually like it more than Dragon Ball and One Piece put together. XD

Love is not necessary, power is the only true necessity.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-11-04 01:55:40

At 11/3/16 06:43 PM, Se7en wrote: So, I've been getting into Naruto a lot lately. I actually like it more than Dragon Ball and One Piece put together. XD

Original Naruto, or part two?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-11-04 13:45:31

At 11/4/16 01:55 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 11/3/16 06:43 PM, Se7en wrote: So, I've been getting into Naruto a lot lately. I actually like it more than Dragon Ball and One Piece put together. XD

A bit of both. I like Part One more.

Love is not necessary, power is the only true necessity.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-11-04 19:00:26

At 11/4/16 01:45 PM, Se7en wrote:
At 11/4/16 01:55 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
A bit of both. I like Part One more.

Part one does a nice job telling the setting and characters.

BBS Signature