00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,813,805 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-08 04:51:01

At 11/7/07 10:31 PM, smc316 wrote: So your a really old user then, around when did you take over the club?

Well lets see, I have an '02 sign-up date. I've been posting on the BBS since before we had a C&C Section. I've been posting since before we had mods. I've been posting since before we had rules. I've been posting longer than 3/4 of all the mods we have now.

No, I'm a fucking n00b.

As to your question, the answer is complicated. See, first the club was made by that jack-off whose name is still there, I forget what he calls himself now I just always called him Kouga. Kouga decided to make Inuyasha also a leader. And Miroku, oh and also Tink (who was represented by the character Kagome, see a pattern here?) So we had four leaders. I had already joined and left several times by this point, and had started posting on the clubs own forums, where I was so good at bitching at everyone and correcting them that I was made a mod. Shortly thereafter Inuyasha disappeared and Miroku was disappearing, so I got made a leader too. I got pissed off at being Kouga's bitch and over threw him. Then I left the club, leaving Tink and MrTrivia to pick up the mess. Then I came back as Second-in-Command, a position I still technically hold. After a while Tink disappeared too and I said "fuck it" and made myself the leader. Later, I proclaimed myself the God-King.

Also, to whatever keeps calling Dr_Hyakuningiri a woman, he's a guy.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-08 05:16:49

At 11/8/07 04:51 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: Then I came back as Second-in-Command, a position I still technically hold.

You mean you are not the leader?

I have been lied to.

My morals have been abused, stolen from me and corrupted.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-08 20:51:58

I noticed that this is one of the LARGEST club thread/posts in this BBS section.
HOORAY FOR ANIME FOR SPREADING ITS BLISSFUL WONDERS UPON US ALL!!!!!!!!!
I'm in!
w00t w00t!!!!!!!!

Let Chaos Reign Supreme...

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-08 21:55:32

At 11/8/07 01:07 AM, smc316 wrote: Gendo was acting really humble! I was amazed at how small and insignifficant you were then! Hell my postes were drawing more attention than yours!

You sure do love to talk shit mindlessly, don'tcha?

Also, how are the two posts about 4chan a surprise? I still go on the site and it is the source of a fair bit of my spam pics.

At 11/8/07 01:35 AM, Kuro wrote: How much are you supposed to change in half a year?

Shit-tons, apparently.

Speaking of which: Only one more chapter of Tokyo Red Hood to go.

Fabulous.

At 11/8/07 03:20 AM, jasminRamsey wrote: Ranma1/2 - About a guy who becomes a girl.
Card captor sakura - I liked this when I was little, I still find it oh so adorable!
2.) What kind of animes do you dislike?
Shonens.

Something tells me you'll get along just fine here, young one.

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-08 22:00:26

Man we just got a lot of members in just on page guess its a great day in the anime club.

Member of the Anime club, Vet in Bleach club, Death note club, Instrument club,

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-09 00:02:43

At 11/8/07 10:00 PM, deidara783 wrote: Man we just got a lot of members in just on page guess its a great day in the anime club.

Die in a fire. We need not your mindless blather about obvious things.

Now if you'll all excuse me, it's 2 pm and I need to get drunk.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-09 00:07:16

At 11/8/07 09:55 PM, Gendo wrote: Something tells me you'll get along just fine here, young one.

I remember watching Cardcaptor Sakura.

Then I remember being ashamed that I watched it while continuing to watch it.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-09 02:11:38

At 11/9/07 12:07 AM, Kuro wrote:
At 11/8/07 09:55 PM, Gendo wrote: Something tells me you'll get along just fine here, young one.
I remember watching Cardcaptor Sakura.

Then I remember being ashamed that I watched it while continuing to watch it.

It's actually connected to Tsubasa Chronicles via xxxholic, which is a kick ass manga.

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-09 02:32:53

At 11/9/07 02:11 AM, supyohos123 wrote: It's actually connected to Tsubasa Chronicles via xxxholic, which is a kick ass manga.

So it's what... A shonen version of Cardcaptor Sakura?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-09 08:26:09

At 11/7/07 10:16 PM, smc316 wrote: So when did you guys first sign up in this club?

I first asked to join on page 2, and chose a character to represent me around page 15. Since I've never quit, that makes me the longest continuous member of this club.

By the way, I'd still like an answer to my question about the cyborg hotties.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-09 12:38:14

At 11/9/07 02:32 AM, Kuro wrote:
At 11/9/07 02:11 AM, supyohos123 wrote: It's actually connected to Tsubasa Chronicles via xxxholic, which is a kick ass manga.
So it's what... A shonen version of Cardcaptor Sakura?

I wouldn't really call it a shonen, their are fights but the fights are all realitively short and only last mabye five minutes at the absoulate most. The only exceptions for this is the last few episodes with Chaos which is way to dragged out and the fights with the robots at the end of the first season which was one episode long I believe.

It contains romance but not boyfriend/girlfriend romance, more of a crush romance.

It has its humor, you can get a real kick out of some of the scenes but all in all it isn't anywhere near haruhi S. level humor.

It also has suspense, tenision and a realitvely good plot at times. Their are very feww filler episodes, although most of the second season despite mainly not being filler feels like a long drawn out filler. They drag it out way to much, pretty much the first 12 or so episodes in the first season and the vast majority of the second season are shit. All though a few scattered episodes in the second season and the later parts of the first season are quite good.

All in all it isn't that good of a series, the manga is much better although even that isn't that great overall.

At 11/8/07 08:51 PM, Unfortunatewinner88 wrote: I noticed that this is one of the LARGEST club thread/posts in this BBS section.
HOORAY FOR ANIME FOR SPREADING ITS BLISSFUL WONDERS UPON US ALL!!!!!!!!!
I'm in!
w00t w00t!!!!!!!!

Who cares about how large the club is?

At 11/9/07 08:26 AM, MrTrivia wrote: By the way, I'd still like an answer to my question about the cyborg hotties.

Don't have any, sorry.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-09 14:59:33

I started watching Hokuto No Ken, AKA Fist of The North Star. It's fucking amazing. Kenshiro is a goddamn pimp. YOU WA SHOCK!!!!

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-09 15:02:47

At 11/9/07 02:57 PM, Mendou wrote: Only 5 minutes? Pffffffff

Better than spending 75 episodes fighting the same bad guy.

That pisses me off, just fucking admit your feelings already and stop being a pussy about it.

Agreed, but the anime isn't entirely like that only every now and then. But it pisses me off too.

Still sounds like crap.

The later half of the first season is good, the rest is shit. Not to mention the first 5 or so episodes are incrediably cheesey!

Then...why did you even bother with it?

A little thing called 'boredom.'

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-09 15:28:36

At 11/9/07 12:38 PM, smc316 wrote: It contains romance but not boyfriend/girlfriend romance, more of a crush romance.

Oh, you mean the "childish, unsatisfying, ludicrously angtsy" kind?

Ick, no thanks.

At 11/9/07 02:59 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: I started watching Hokuto No Ken, AKA Fist of The North Star. It's fucking amazing. Kenshiro is a goddamn pimp. YOU WA SHOCK!!!!

I've been watching the original film and a few of the newer flicks lately.

Goddammit, they amaze me.

I should try and commit to finishing the TV series someday.

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-09 15:42:51

Do you guys know that if they release DVD boxes of Bleach in the US someday, and if they do would it probobly include a subed Jap versian, cus I do not want to watch the english Dub.

BTW Gendo, I made a thread about you.

Sig made by azteca89

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-09 16:37:57

At 11/9/07 03:13 PM, Mendou wrote: You could always use your free time to......oh i dunno.....watch a GOOD anime for once.

At the time this was the only anime I heard about and haven't watched.

At 11/9/07 03:42 PM, Zoraxe7 wrote: Do you guys know that if they release DVD boxes of Bleach in the US someday, and if they do would it probobly include a subed Jap versian, cus I do not want to watch the english Dub.

I doubt they'd ever release anything other than the dub in the US if they ever do release it. Perhaps if it comes out in japan you can always buy a subbed verision of the jap on ebay or amazon.com.

Also wikipedia.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-09 17:20:30

At 11/9/07 05:13 PM, Mendou wrote: They just came out with the first 16 episodes of Bleach all in one little boxset, that includes dub and sub.

Now keep the Bleach faggotry out of this club.

oh please you have to be kidding me for some reason i just don't watch bleach anymore i lost the habit of watching that why is that but you have a point this club is not meant for bleach

Orihime proud member of the Bleach club and the Anime club yippee!!

Go Read Cericons8Smico's blogs or else they are awsome

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-09 17:22:00

At 11/9/07 05:20 PM, 0rihime wrote: why is that but you have a point this club is not meant for bleach

This club is for the anime which a certain few people like.

All others are null.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-09 17:25:36

At 11/9/07 05:22 PM, Kuro wrote:
At 11/9/07 05:20 PM, 0rihime wrote: why is that but you have a point this club is not meant for bleach
This club is for the anime which a certain few people like.

All others are null.

true for example death note sux no offense to those fans but it just isnt worth watching when you can watch better anime

Orihime proud member of the Bleach club and the Anime club yippee!!

Go Read Cericons8Smico's blogs or else they are awsome

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-09 17:26:13

At 11/9/07 03:28 PM, Gendo wrote: Ick, no thanks.

I was placing more emphasis on xxxholic than Tsubasa Chronicles. It crosses Cardcaptor Sakura with Tsubasa Chronicles. I love the three main characters: Yuko, Watanuki, and Domeki. It's about the spirit world and shit (It's about Yuko's wish shop).

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-09 18:07:59

At 11/9/07 05:24 PM, Adidaas wrote: Wonder why so many freaking people like it then. Guess seeing random characters from Chobits and X talking to each other is enough to make people go all gay over it.

It isn't that popular if I am one of the very few users on newgrounds who watches it. Its pprobably what you said combined with the homosexual relationship between fye and kurogane.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-09 19:24:29

Hey guys! Still lively as ever eh.. well if anyone of you remember me, i had to move to my college hostel that does not have internet for the past 2months. Blame the exams.. ugh..

So well, all in all, i kinda bought a whole new package of DVDs for my upcoming holiday, i'm already watching some of them as we speak. (yay!)

-Sola
-Nana
-Blood+
-Rozen Maiden: Träumend
-Gungrave
-Koi Kaze
-Ouran High School Host Club
-Ichigo 100% *immunity*

Still waiting for the dvd release of 5 centimeters per second.. Aside from that, i've only finished Lucky Star recently.. i'm so slow. Also, surprisingly sola was a pleasant surprise for me, looking forward to finish it tomorrow. Any takers on sola?

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-09 19:32:53

At 11/9/07 05:25 PM, 0rihime wrote: true for example death note sux no offense to those fans but it just isnt worth watching when you can watch better anime

Is it really that fucking hard to types "Sucks" instead of "sux?" I mean, it's only three extra letters. Also, punctuation is your friend, we are not writing in Ancient Greek.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-09 19:40:48

At 11/8/07 09:55 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 11/8/07 03:20 AM, jasminRamsey wrote: Ranma1/2 - About a guy who becomes a girl.
Card captor sakura - I liked this when I was little, I still find it oh so adorable!
2.) What kind of animes do you dislike?
Shonens.
Something tells me you'll get along just fine here, young one.

Does that mean I can join? What about my brothers? I swear to god we're not alts!

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-09 19:45:59

At 11/9/07 07:24 PM, Vysual wrote: So well, all in all, i kinda bought a whole new package of DVDs for my upcoming holiday, i'm already watching some of them as we speak. (yay!)
-Nana
-Ouran High School Host Club

Hello, have I told you I love you? If not, I love you.

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-09 19:50:02

I watched the first four episodes of Tsukihime Lunar Legend. It's interesting so far. I should be finishing the series tomorrow.

At 11/9/07 02:59 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: I started watching Hokuto No Ken, AKA Fist of The North Star. It's fucking amazing. Kenshiro is a goddamn pimp. YOU WA SHOCK!!!!

dadadadadadadadadadadada! waTAAAAAAAAH!

I still haven't collected all the DVDs released by Manga. I only have the first two volumes, the movie, and the New Fist of the North Star OVAs.

I really suck at the Hokuto no Ken SNES fighting games. I can't win a single match. :(
And I really wish the PS2 game were released in the US. that and the Berserk game for PS2. Plus, it sucks that the other Berserk game was only for Dreamcast.

Speaking of Berserk, I hope Miura finishes the manga before he freaking dies.

Also, I wonder if the new Holuto no Ken movies/OVAs will be released here.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-09 20:32:44

^ hmm, weren't you the one that recommend that to me 10-20pages earlier?

but anyway, worth the buy, so you should check it out.

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-10 00:27:39

At 11/10/07 12:19 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Today was my lucky day.

Hell yeah it was! I wish I had that great of a deal.....HELL, I wish I had a store that sells manga or anime dvds at all that isn't a two hour drive from where I live.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-10 10:03:46

At 11/10/07 12:19 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: The price came out to $50, which is the amount I usually spend for 2 mangas. I'll finally have something to keep myself occupied for the weekends.

damn. 50 bucks for 2 mangas? That;s some expensive stuff. I remember collecting Berserk and each volume only cost like 12 dollars or so.

I'm currently not collecting it because I'm wondering if the series will ever even be finished.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-10 12:53:59

At 11/9/07 08:18 PM, Mendou wrote: For those who have seen it, would it be recommended?

I've heard some good things about it but not that many. I think it's due to the bad end that Gainax gave it. But whatever it maybe I suggest looking into it by research.

How I get a lot of my information is just lurking on /a/ and other related forums/sites. Here too...

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature