00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,813,664 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-04 07:38:06

At 11/3/07 10:11 PM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
At 11/3/07 10:10 PM, 10000000000000000000 wrote: can i join
Based solely on your username, I'm saying no. And whoever tries to tell you otherwise in this club better hope that Satan is looking out for them.

I concur. 10 Quintillion, not only is your username too cumbersome for me to quote in this post, but zero of your twenty posts on record display adequate grammar. For these reasons, your application is rejected.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-04 13:06:54

Ugh, didn't get ten seconds of sleep last night....

The hurricane's finally passed, so now the power's back on and I can relax by the fire with some shitty old weeaboo cartoons.

Too bad my fucking laptop isn't working properly...

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-04 13:31:09

At 11/4/07 01:15 PM, Mendou wrote: Be sure to look fancy and have a smoking pipe

Pipes aren't fancy.

Monocles are fancy.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-04 14:15:22

At 11/4/07 01:15 PM, Mendou wrote: Be sure to look fancy and have a smoking pipe with to solidify that fanciness, it makes you look sexy when your watching a jap cartoon about transsexual martial artist.

Pipes are cool and all, but Kuro is right, monocles are indeed much more fancy.

However, it's easier to obtain a pipe than a monocle in this here town.

I think it's time you put Davy down for good man.

My only other computer is a decomissioned office PC with an 18 gig harddrive and pathetic RAM.

I do not have the money for a new desktop at the moment.

I FUCKING NEED THE LAPTOP, MAN! I NEED A GIG OF RAM, TONS OF FREE SPACE AND A DVD-ROM DRIVE!

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-04 20:11:07

At 11/4/07 07:39 PM, Mendou wrote: Got anything close to those in your house?

I could snap my glasses in half and use a wallet chain to make myself a monocle.

Well what exactly is wrong with it, or is it something unexplained?

Corrupted RAM, according to Windows error report service.

But the goddamned diagnostic program refuses to work, so I'll need to have a professional look at it.

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-04 22:00:00

At 11/4/07 02:15 PM, Gendo wrote: However, it's easier to obtain a pipe than a monocle in this here town.

Monocles are indeed a dying breed.

Where are the Colonel Klinks of this age?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-04 22:06:33

At 11/4/07 10:00 PM, Kuro wrote:
At 11/4/07 02:15 PM, Gendo wrote: However, it's easier to obtain a pipe than a monocle in this here town.
Monocles are indeed a dying breed.

Where are the Colonel Klinks of this age?

He could have a monocle, and an eye patch, and a pipe. Go for the ultimate butler look.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-04 22:20:19

At 11/4/07 10:06 PM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: He could have a monocle, and an eye patch, and a pipe. Go for the ultimate butler look.

I'd be somewhat hesitant to hire a butler with both a monocle and an eye patch.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-06 10:33:56

Elfen Lied. i so love that anime, blood and gore ^^

Anime Club

I doesh Roleplay like a mad man XD

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-06 15:23:50

At 11/6/07 10:33 AM, 112524 wrote: Elfen Lied. i so love that anime, blood and gore ^^

I don't think Gendo will be too happy with this...

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-06 15:32:51

At 11/6/07 03:22 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 11/6/07 10:33 AM, 112524 wrote: Elfen Lied. i so love that anime, blood and gore ^^
Go watch Fist of the North star or JoJo's Bizarre adventure if you like mindless violence and some gore.

If you like gore go watch the movie "The hills have eyes" or play the video game Doom 3.

At 11/6/07 03:23 PM, TwilightFox wrote: I don't think Gendo will be too happy with this...

MOAR LIEK "GENDO."

...wait a minute! OH SHI-!

112524 are you just commenting on your opinion or do you wanna join?

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-06 16:20:02

At 11/6/07 03:23 PM, TwilightFox wrote: I don't think Gendo will be too happy with this...

He hasn't managed to try and make a pathetic defense for it, so I am not bothered.

I also may have fixed my laptop.

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-06 17:17:37

At 11/6/07 03:45 PM, Mendou wrote: OR SINCE THIS IS AN ANIME CLUB.......GIVE HIM ANIME SUGGESTIONS AND WHAT NOT.

Hellsing?

112524 are you just commenting on your opinion or do you wanna join?
Probably will never be returning.

I hate people who just post in clubs like this, "Hey guys I love super smash brothers!!!" or something like that and never post in the club again.

At 11/6/07 04:20 PM, Gendo wrote: I also may have fixed my laptop.

I note that you said 'may', did your labtop just suddenly start working again possiably or no?

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-06 17:24:21

At 11/6/07 05:17 PM, smc316 wrote:
At 11/6/07 03:45 PM, Mendou wrote: OR SINCE THIS IS AN ANIME CLUB.......GIVE HIM ANIME SUGGESTIONS AND WHAT NOT.
Hellsing?

Pff... why would we talk about anime in an anime club? That's just stupid.

At 11/6/07 04:20 PM, Gendo wrote: I also may have fixed my laptop.
I note that you said 'may', did your labtop just suddenly start working again possiably or no?

Well if he doesn't answer, we know it's still broke, don't we?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-06 17:31:40

At 11/6/07 05:17 PM, smc316 wrote: I note that you said 'may', did your labtop just suddenly start working again possiably or no?

I reinstalled and re-registered my operating system (the system file was supposedly corrupt), and that seems to have solved the problem.

If it stops working again sometime within the next few hours, then I'll have to take it in for professional advice and/or repairs.

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-06 17:38:39

And that is going to cost a pretty penny to fix it. Oh and has anyone seen any good animes lately.

Member of the Anime club, Vet in Bleach club, Death note club, Instrument club,

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-06 18:37:55

At 11/6/07 05:38 PM, deidara783 wrote: And that is going to cost a pretty penny to fix it.

No it won't.

I'm not stupid, I have a warranty. It's a Sony laptop, Sony is infamous for making so-so electronics.

Oh and has anyone seen any good animes lately.

No, because I've seen everything worth watching on TV and I do not magically produce DVDs.

Stop asking the same question like every goddamn time you post.

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-06 18:42:02

At 11/6/07 05:38 PM, deidara783 wrote: And that is going to cost a pretty penny to fix it. Oh and has anyone seen any good animes lately.

I haven't watched anything new within this past month or two other than keeping up with bleach like usual, black lagoon and berserk.

I have several animes I plan to start soon;

Maison Ikkoku(I was on episode 3 at one point then something came up in my life and I couldn't continoue with it at first, then I forgot about it. Since Mendou and the rest of ya like it I guess I should watch more.)

That anime kuro is watching. (Don't know why but that title sounds so interesting.)

Card captor sakura.(I stopped watching around episode 60 because I was bored with it, i'm gonna try and watch the last 15 or so episodes just for the hell of it.)

At 11/6/07 05:43 PM, Mendou wrote: Aside from my usual Maison Ikkoku answer, sadly no. Come Christmas though.....oh lord i'll have something to actually post about.

I sense several more pages than normal per day come late december and early January.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-06 18:45:44

At 11/6/07 06:42 PM, smc316 wrote: Maison Ikkoku(I was on episode 3 at one point then something came up in my life and I couldn't continoue with it at first, then I forgot about it. Since Mendou and the rest of ya like it I guess I should watch more.)

Firstly, I was the first Ikkoku whore in this club.

Secondly, myself and Mendou are the only users here who like the series.

Thirdly, must our names end up mentioned in the vast majority of your posts?

That anime kuro is watching. (Don't know why but that title sounds so interesting.)

Serial Experiments Lain.

Good series, a friend of mine just started it recently and is enjoying it.

The art style is quite impressive.

Card captor sakura.(I stopped watching around episode 60 because I was bored with it, i'm gonna try and watch the last 15 or so episodes just for the hell of it.)

You stopped watching it?

Jesus Christ, end your life now.

I sense several more pages than normal per day come late december and early January.

Hardly, he'll likely be too busy watching to post.

Not to mention the majority of things he wants for Christmas are things I told him to watch, so even if there is more activity it will pretty much just be us prattling about minor shit related to a ton of unpopular shows.

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-06 19:10:01

At 11/6/07 07:03 PM, Mendou wrote: Holy shit we are.......

It's not too surprising.

The series is a solid zero on the popularity scale outside Japan.

Iv been wondering that myself...

He's a total crushboy.

Why would you stop after watching 60 episodes? FINISH IT DAMN IT.

Yes, especially since it's actually a fucking great series.

Wait, probably.

You and your "marathoning a 100+ episode series in a matter of days" thing sort of scares me.

I can take weeks, even months, to suck back 12 episodes.

Sadly....it's always been like that.

I MADE YOU

I CAN DESTROY YOU

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-06 20:06:02

At 11/6/07 07:38 PM, Mendou wrote: LOL whats a Fist of the North Star?

They had a fucking funeral for Raoh.

Like 2,000 people attended.

Yet not a single person in North America seems to know of or care about the series.

It must be my sexy sideburns

Mine are sexier.

SRSLY, it's just way too adorable to hate.

Yes.

I'm trying to not finish it quickly, although unfortunately im up to episode 35.

Jesus fucking Christ, have you nothing else to do?

Even I have other things to do besides sit around watching anime.

(oh lord im so close until the dub change, can't wait for good old Bradley Swaile and his whiny voice.)

Gotta give Viz credit for digging up the other 2/3s of the series and having it dubbed..... several years after the initial batch of episodes was released.

Half-hearted commitment at its finest.

GARY: JOSH WATCH BLACK JACK

JOSH: WELL IM KIND OF BUSY WITH MAISN IKKO-

GARY: THATS NO EXCUSE YOU FAG, WHEN I TELL YOU TO WATCH SOMETHING, YOU BETTER FUCKING WATCH IT.

Well it is no excuse.

With the exception of the somewhat recent BJ TV series (which ran for like fifty episodes), all incarnations of Black Jack are rather short (the ONA series was 12 very short episodes, the handful of movies are of no great running time, 21 has 17 episodes, Clinical Chart has 10 hour-longs, the Four Miracles of Life has....well, four) and fairly easy to obtain.

It's a vicious cycle i tell ya.....

Yep, Godbless it.

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-06 20:15:11

At 11/6/07 06:45 PM, Gendo wrote: Firstly, I was the first Ikkoku whore in this club.

Congratulations?

Secondly, myself and Mendou are the only users here who like the series.

Oh really? Well i'm only on episode 3 or so, so I guess i'm not really far enough to be classified as a real fan of the series.

Thirdly, must our names end up mentioned in the vast majority of your posts?

......mabye.

Serial Experiments Lain.

Thats it.

Good series, a friend of mine just started it recently and is enjoying it.

The art style is quite impressive.

Cool.

You stopped watching it?

Yeah, I watched like all the episodes in like one week and it gets kind of boring if you cram that much of one anime into that short of a time period.

Jesus Christ, end your life now.

I've tried before, all of which I stopped abruptly due to the fact I am a coward.

At 11/6/07 07:10 PM, Gendo wrote:
Iv been wondering that myself...
He's a total crushboy.

Pfft You only just figured that out now?

You and your "marathoning a 100+ episode series in a matter of days" thing sort of scares me.

Sounds like me when i'm single and dead bored in the summer.

I can take weeks, even months, to suck back 12 episodes.

O_O Do you just not have the time or do you like keep rewatching the same episode over and over until you have absorbed every little bit of information available?!

And if you guys haven't noticed I said I was planning on finishing CCS after I watch berserk and if I manage to get my hands on some volumes, the manga too.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-06 20:26:33

At 11/6/07 08:22 PM, Mendou wrote: Bullshit, you could not have watched 60 episodes in one week.

True, mabye it was more like a month.

Sorry to hear about ones attempt to leave this world.

Why? Its a fucked up world.

You were not single at one time?

I have had several girlfriends.

No he just doesn't rush, not to mention he likes to do other things you know. Draw, fap, GTA, spend time with family and friends etc.

I notice you put fap before spending time with family and friends.

And if you guys haven't noticed I said I was planning on finishing CCS after I watch berserk and if I manage to get my hands on some volumes, the manga too.
Okay, have fun getting volumes of 60+ episode tv series.

You misunderstood, I was offering to the berserk manga, not the CCS manga.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-06 20:40:40

At 11/6/07 08:15 PM, smc316 wrote: Yeah, I watched like all the episodes in like one week and it gets kind of boring if you cram that much of one anime into that short of a time period.

That's really fucking dumb of you.

I've tried before, all of which I stopped abruptly due to the fact I am a coward.

That's why seppuku is the best method of suicide.

Because even if you don't have the balls to gut yourself, the other guy's gonna cut your fucking head off anyway.

Pfft You only just figured that out now?

You send incredibly mixed messages.

Seriously, some days I can't tell if you're in awe of my awesomeness or in fear of my brutality.

Sounds like me when i'm single and dead bored in the summer.

You internet weeaboos scare me.

In the summer, chances are I'll be too busy outside/on vacation/sleeping in 'til God knows when to watch cartoons.

O_O Do you just not have the time or do you like keep rewatching the same episode over and over until you have absorbed every little bit of information available?!

I only compulsively re-watch a few things.

Namely Silence of the Lambs, The Critc, Hellsing II, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, season one of House and episode 40 of Ranma 1/2 (which is the greatest half-hour in television history).

At 11/6/07 08:22 PM, Mendou wrote: Bullshit, you could not have watched 60 episodes in one week.

It's entirely possible.

Just incredibly stupid.

No he just doesn't rush, not to mention he likes to do other things you know. Draw, fap, GTA, spend time with family and friends etc.

Yep, doodling random shit and playing videogames (two things I had stopped doing for months) are starting to take up my free time.

Not to mention I'm making an effort to be more socially and physically active. Spending time out of the house fucking beats lying around watching femme-fag cartoons all day.

I tend to only watch anime if it's on TV (which these days equates to Shin-chan on Monday nights, since there are no other series airing on Canadian TV that I have not seen at least once that are of any interest to me at the moment) or when I have fellow weeaboos in the house (visiting friends or NS /A/ meetings).

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-06 20:47:57

At 11/6/07 08:40 PM, Gendo wrote: Seriously, some days I can't tell if you're in awe of my awesomeness or in fear of my brutality.

Usually both.

You internet weeaboos scare me.

My what?

At 11/6/07 08:36 PM, Mendou wrote:
You were not single at one time?
I have had several girlfriends.
Were they obesse?

No, they weren't ugly or obesse. I have had 7 gfs in my whole life, none were below average and only one was above average. The other 6 would be classified as "healthy" by perverts, I usually go for personallity and intellegence more than looks. As long as they are at least average though.

Finish the TV series first.

Yes I know.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-06 22:09:39

At 11/6/07 03:32 PM, smc316 wrote: If you like gore go watch the movie "The hills have eyes" or play the video game Doom 3.

OR MAYBE YOU COULD GO WATCH OR PLAY SOMETHING GOOD.

The Hills Have Eyes is a terrible pile of horrid shit, and serious gorey video games are terrible as a rule (with the exception of a few, but they're generally not great).

Go watch... Braindead (Dead Alive) or play... I dunno, God of War or something. Maybe Mortal Kombat.

At 11/6/07 06:37 PM, Gendo wrote: Sony is infamous for making so-so electronics.

My PS1 and PS2 have been functioning well since their release dates.

At 11/6/07 06:45 PM, Gendo wrote: The art style is quite impressive.

The only thing about the art style I've found particularly impressive in the series so far is the walking to school sequences.

There's something about the ridiculously minimalist style that appeals to me.

Though the purple shadows kinda ruins that to a degree.

At 11/6/07 08:15 PM, smc316 wrote: O_O Do you just not have the time or do you like keep rewatching the same episode over and over until you have absorbed every little bit of information available?!

It took me about a year and a bit to get through Cowboy Bebop.

But that's just mostly because when I rented the second DVD it didn't work, so I decided I'd wait until they got a new one.

They never did get a new one.

Later on I discovered they had a video of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-07 03:46:46

At 11/6/07 07:38 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 11/6/07 07:10 PM, Gendo wrote:
Why would you stop after watching 60 episodes? FINISH IT DAMN IT.
Yes, especially since it's actually a fucking great series.
SRSLY, it's just way too adorable to hate.

I hate it. But then I hate everything that people claim is "adorable." Actually, I just hate everything that exists. And many things that don't.

Stupid cat in a box.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-07 05:34:11

At 11/7/07 03:46 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
Stupid cat in a box.

I'll continue to refuse to understand Schrodinger's cat.

I do however understand the Cat in the Hat.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-07 05:42:20

At 11/7/07 05:34 AM, Kuro wrote:
At 11/7/07 03:46 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
Stupid cat in a box.
I'll continue to refuse to understand Schrodinger's cat.

Has to do with the nature of the universe. Something to do with "for something to exist it has to be observed." But then you realize that nine tenths of the universe is unaccounted for, but we know that it has to exist, therefore, things both exist, and don't exist simultaneously. Observing defines which state they are in.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-07 08:39:22

I was wondering: How many anime series are about hot cyborg women? My Netflix queue isn't quite filled to the brim, so I'm still looking for something good.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature