00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DegasTyson54 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,816,675 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-28 19:30:33

At 9/28/07 07:25 PM, Kuro wrote: Fuck, I just realised how similar my new signature picture is to yours.

Now I feel unoriginal.

Not only that, but undead Pycal is a much cooler than Hansel and Gretel.

Regular alive Pycal was a lameass who died horribly after a mere episode, zombie Pycal gets an entire OVA to show off his magician-type awesomeness.

Albeit with CGI crows...

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-28 19:33:35

At 9/28/07 07:30 PM, Gendo wrote: Not only that, but undead Pycal is a much cooler than Hansel and Gretel.

I was planning on going with Sawyer, since she seemed by far the most interesting of the bounty hunters, but with my Revird profile as that, it seemed too boring.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-28 19:35:28

At 9/28/07 07:33 PM, Kuro wrote: I was planning on going with Sawyer, since she seemed by far the most interesting of the bounty hunters, but with my Revird profile as that, it seemed too boring.

Your Revird profile was a pleasant surprise.

Also, chainsaws are badass.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-28 19:39:59

At 9/28/07 07:35 PM, Gendo wrote: Your Revird profile was a pleasant surprise.

Also, chainsaws are badass.

Not only that, but she had her throat slit, and talks with an UltraVoice.

She's an awesome character, but I really have no idea why she'd be employed as a bounty hunter.

But still, Hansel and Gretel make up the most poignant part of the series thus far, so they deserve mention.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-28 19:46:57

At 9/28/07 07:39 PM, Kuro wrote: Not only that, but she had her throat slit, and talks with an UltraVoice.

UltraVoices are oddly cool.

She's an awesome character, but I really have no idea why she'd be employed as a bounty hunter.

Yeah, seems like a tad odd an individual for such a job.

But still, Hansel and Gretel make up the most poignant part of the series thus far, so they deserve mention.

That's for damn sure.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-28 19:52:32

At 9/28/07 07:46 PM, Gendo wrote: UltraVoices are oddly cool.

I'm sure they'd get quite annoying in real life, however.

Yeah, seems like a tad odd an individual for such a job.

Well she can block bullets with a chainsaw, so that's a plus.

That's for damn sure.

Kirei da wa...

Sora...

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-28 19:54:41

At 9/28/07 07:52 PM, Kuro wrote: I'm sure they'd get quite annoying in real life, however.

Oh, no doubts there.

Well she can block bullets with a chainsaw, so that's a plus.

It makes for some zazzy fighting.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-28 20:02:05

At 9/28/07 07:54 PM, Gendo wrote: It makes for some zazzy fighting.

She's like a young, gothic Leatherface.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-28 20:58:14

At 9/28/07 08:53 PM, Mendou wrote: Left to do more military training, he put me in charge while he's gone.

Oh sure, YOU'RE in charge.

smc....why do i come back to find you making a bit of a scene for about a page?

I'm pretty sure that's his function in this club.

Like releasing a raptor into a playground.

Gendo, Matt wants you on msn

Nobody ever wants to talk to me on MSN.

I just finished Trigun a few minutes ago....and holy shit i forgot how those last few episodes get to you..., pretty damn compelling stuff though i admit the change from light hearted comedy to dark drama did seem abrupt. But hey that didn't stop me from enjoying it.

I thought the addition of Knives seemed too quick, and forced.

The series was going along fine with this far more awesome Legato guy as a villain, and then they suddenly had to introduce this whiny irritating bad guy.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-28 20:58:33

At 9/28/07 08:53 PM, Mendou wrote: Gendo, Matt wants you on msn

How unsurprising...

I'll be on soon, blah blah blah, etc.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-28 21:46:22

At 9/28/07 09:34 PM, Mendou wrote: I would talk to you more but you never seem all that interested in trying to chat with me.

I never remember who anyone is on MSN.

All the names confuse me.

OH LORD AM I SENSING A POWER STRUGGLE!?

I know of only one way we can settle this.

Let's scrap it out.

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-28 22:06:12

At 9/28/07 10:00 PM, Mendou wrote: The Jesus one is me.

What a boring name.

Then again, I've seen worse.

I summon Gendo to do my dirty work.

Chainsaw'd.

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-28 22:25:19

At 9/28/07 10:00 PM, Mendou wrote: I summon Gendo to do my dirty work.

Dude, Sawyer can block bullets with her chainsaw.

Bad move.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-28 22:39:05

Then I take Rei.

...oh, wait, I was supposed to choose someone to FIGHT?
Oh!

Well, fuck.

Anyways, so yeah, now at home for the weekend. Hopefully I'll have the first bits of Hellsing by the end of next week or the week after.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-28 22:45:03

At 9/28/07 10:25 PM, Gendo wrote: Dude, Sawyer can block bullets with her chainsaw.

Bad move.

...!?!

!!!!!!!!!!?!?!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!.......

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-29 03:10:51

Just read all of Phantom Blood (the first Jojo's Bizarre Adventure series) in one sitting.

I was quite impressed with every aspect of the manga, but the similarities to (read: blatant plagarism from) Fist of the North Star (samey character designs, similar plot devices, etc.) keep it from being pure genius.

Lack of originality aside, I'd rate it a 9/10, since everything else about it is sheerly amazing.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-29 03:22:29

At 9/29/07 03:10 AM, Gendo wrote: Just read all of Phantom Blood (the first Jojo's Bizarre Adventure series) in one sitting.

What's that... Five (average sized) books?

How long did that take?

I tend to lose interest in comics after one of them, and then tend to have a break for about a week or two.

Save Sandman, though I only just finished it a few weeks ago (I got a large fine on my library card which I didn't want to pay). Masterpiece.
P.S. Go back to comic books, Neil.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-29 03:35:14

Hey guyz, How many episodes was Ginban Kaleidoscope had? Because it's quite short! Just asking though!

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-29 10:42:50

At 9/29/07 03:22 AM, Kuro wrote: What's that... Five (average sized) books?

Yes, around 150+ pages a book.

How long did that take?

About two and a half hours.

I tend to lose interest in comics after one of them, and then tend to have a break for about a week or two.

I only do that if I can't get a hold of more.

If I have a complete series in front of me, I'm going to read it all in the shortest amount of time possible so as not to forget important but seemingly minor plot points (like tiny bits of foreshadowing).

Save Sandman, though I only just finished it a few weeks ago (I got a large fine on my library card which I didn't want to pay). Masterpiece.

Sandman is very awesome stuff.

Also, library fees are brutal, they're the main reason I never go to the library anymore.

P.S. Go back to comic books, Neil.

Much agreed, we need Gaiman back.

At 9/29/07 03:35 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Hey guyz, How many episodes was Ginban Kaleidoscope had? Because it's quite short! Just asking though!

Odd....

We're not Wikipedia, search menial info like this up yourself.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-29 14:15:23

I just read the wiki article on that Ginban Kaleidoscope thingy....isn't that the exact same plot/premise for some disney movie? I remember watching it back in middle school...some ice skater loses conciousness, gets taken over by another person somehow...or something like that.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-29 15:36:23

At 9/29/07 03:10 AM, Gendo wrote: Just read all of Phantom Blood (the first Jojo's Bizarre Adventure series) in one sitting.

I was quite impressed with every aspect of the manga, but the similarities to (read: blatant plagarism from) Fist of the North Star (samey character designs, similar plot devices, etc.) keep it from being pure genius.

Lack of originality aside, I'd rate it a 9/10, since everything else about it is sheerly amazing.

I envy you. Where did you read it? Because obviously Viz sucks, and doesn't like fans, so yeah. Also. DANNY! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-29 16:14:09

After playing Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble on my DS, I started to research the franchise, when I discover that Viewtiful Joe has an anime adaptation. The wikipedia article was rather vague about it's quality, though. So I'd like to ask if you guys know anything about it, and wether or not to use my time in watching it.

"If you had what normal men had, I wouldn't need batteries anymore!"

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-29 17:45:49

At 9/29/07 10:42 AM, Gendo wrote: If I have a complete series in front of me, I'm going to read it all in the shortest amount of time possible so as not to forget important but seemingly minor plot points (like tiny bits of foreshadowing).

I've got the Nausicaa series in front of me, and I've been putting off finishing it for two years.

I forgot what happened in the comics I read, so when I last wanted to finish it, I had to start from the start (though I was unsuccessful in that venture).

I have a reasonably low attention span for things that don't have colour.

At 9/29/07 04:14 PM, DepressedStone wrote: After playing Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble on my DS, I started to research the franchise, when I discover that Viewtiful Joe has an anime adaptation. The wikipedia article was rather vague about it's quality, though. So I'd like to ask if you guys know anything about it, and wether or not to use my time in watching it.

From what I just read up on it, I wouldn't bother.

Though it does have ridiculously mixed reviews on Anime News Network (no bell curve?), and a 6.8 on IMDb, so it could be okay. I just don't think it would be.

At 9/29/07 03:35 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Hey guyz, How many episodes was Ginban Kaleidoscope had? Because it's quite short! Just asking though!

It had 12 episodes.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-29 18:11:20

Hey mendou wasn't your orignal username Akatskui321?! Aren't the Akatskui a thing from naruto?

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-29 18:14:25

At 9/29/07 06:11 PM, smc316 wrote: Hey mendou wasn't your orignal username Akatskui321?! Aren't the Akatskui a thing from naruto?

Yes, what of it?

I told you to stop fucking asking worthless questions, so why can't you listen?

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-29 18:24:04

At 9/29/07 06:14 PM, Gendo wrote:

Don't be a jerk over every single thing. Although I find it a bit ironic you guys flaime me for liking bleach yet you stick for him yet he likes naruto. I'm starting to think you guys are just jerks, not people who just dislike my taste in anime.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-29 18:44:02

At 9/29/07 06:24 PM, smc316 wrote: Don't be a jerk over every single thing. Although I find it a bit ironic you guys flaime me for liking bleach yet you stick for him yet he likes naruto. I'm starting to think you guys are just jerks, not people who just dislike my taste in anime.

When was the last time Mendou said he likes Naruto?

If there's no opportunity to tell someone off, why make one?

Perhaps the fact that he changed his name from Akatsuki signifies something.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-29 18:59:33

Oh wow, so because someone's name USED to be a reference to an anime, it MUST mean the person still loves the anime greatly. I mean, seriously, I'd bet he just changed the name to hide is amazing love for it.

And, I don't think they've ever bashed you for liking bleach SMC...I know they've bashed bleach itself, and it deserves the bashing half of the time. They bash you because of how stupid you act, and of all of the idiotic questions you're always asking. You're not contributing, you're just trying to make yourself look good, or whining about how you aren't treated good. It's the internet. It doesn't matter. Now go away.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-29 19:18:14

At 9/29/07 06:24 PM, smc316 wrote: Although I find it a bit ironic you guys flaime me for liking bleach yet you stick for him yet he likes naruto.

I'm willing to bet that your appreciation of Bleach has little to do with them disliking you. Also, I used to like Cyberchase when I was younger. That doesn't mean that I have to enjoy it now (Although I do watch it from time to time, since I lack cable/sat TV :3)

I'm starting to think you guys are just jerks, not people who just dislike my taste in anime.

You're not being forced to post here.

"If you had what normal men had, I wouldn't need batteries anymore!"

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-29 19:43:14

At 9/29/07 06:44 PM, Kuro wrote: Perhaps the fact that he changed his name from Akatsuki signifies something.

True but in 7 months since he became a member can you go from liking something to hating it?

Also why are you guys such assholes to me!? God damn it name five fucking things I have done to deserve being flaimed!

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature