00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GrawlixMan just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,814,165 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-10 17:55:36

my two favorite animes are cowboy bebop and neon genisis evangelion

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-11 02:24:33

At 6/10/06 05:55 PM, Doobiemaster123 wrote: my two favorite animes are cowboy bebop and neon genisis evangelion

I'm not sure if you're a member, but just to be safe;

To join, you must post your top 5 favorite anime, and a character of the same gender as you to represent yourself. to see all the names that are taken, click on my sig pic. The list isnt automated, so dont freak out if you dont see yourself for a little while. Here, I'll aslo give an example.

Five Fave Anime
1. Record of Lodoss War: CotHK
2. Outlaw Star
3. Trigun
4. Rah-Xephon
5. Case Closed
6. Evangelion
7. Ghost in the Shell: SAC
8. Cromartie High
9. Gungrave
10. Lupin the 3rd

And I'm going to be Gene Starwind from Outlaw Star.

Ok, so maybe I couldnt limit myself to just 5.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-11 06:02:44

At 6/11/06 03:01 AM, Hammer_and_Sickle wrote: and i have a request...can i change my character( i changed my name from marchingtyrants to hammer_and_sickle)

so i wanna be......how bout Kurozaki Ichigo from Bleach?

Relist your five favorite anime and I'll make the changes.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-11 06:06:03

At 6/11/06 06:02 AM, mr_trivia wrote:
At 6/11/06 03:01 AM, Hammer_and_Sickle wrote: and i have a request...can i change my character( i changed my name from marchingtyrants to hammer_and_sickle)

Sorry for the double-post, but the list states that Noctroler is Ichigo. Do you have any other characters in mind?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-11 08:07:23

At 6/11/06 06:06 AM, mr_trivia wrote:
At 6/11/06 06:02 AM, mr_trivia wrote:

Sorry for the double-post, but the list states that Noctroler is Ichigo. Do you have any other characters in mind?

OMG... the day I come back to check on things and you almost give away my character... anyway, I guess I owe this club something for maintaining an epic absence...

Well I GUESS I could tell you guys how AN was... but you'll have to wait till later today for my hangover to clear-up!

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-11 08:15:56

At 6/11/06 07:14 AM, Hammer_and_Sickle wrote:
At 6/11/06 06:06 AM, mr_trivia wrote:
meh....
1. Bleach
2. Naruto
3. Gunslinger girl
4. Inuyasha
5. One Piece

funny...i didnt see any "ichigo" on the list

how bout..... Sosuke Aizen, 5th captain of the gotei 13. one of the most powerful characters in Bleach

That'll work. I've already updated your name on the memberlist, so now I'll update your character.

At 6/3/06 10:41 AM, DarkAlex0706 wrote: Can i join?

My favorite Animes are:

Yu-Gi-Oh
Yu-GI-Oh GX
Digimon
Zatch Bell.

Will Oban: Star Racers count as an Anime?

I'm inclined to let it slide because it's heavily anime-based. Go ahead and choose a character to represent you; there's a link in my sig to a list of characters already taken.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-11 09:42:55

Hey everyone. It seems that I haven't been able to postin this club for long while. Not that I'm a bastard or anything, lol. I do manage to lurk once in awhile, check what's been going on.

So I'll give out random animes you might to watch =D

Appleseed:
*CG animation. Very fluid and smooth.
*contains mecha (if you're a fan of giant exploisons and violence)
*Very nice storyline/plot

M.D. Geist: Director's cut
*Extreme violence
*Somewhere in the future/glalatic war
*Mecha
*Closeups on face crushing/ body smashing/ etc
*More mechas, this time eating people =O

Thats all I have to say. See-ya

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-11 14:42:28

At 6/11/06 09:42 AM, Angel_Ramiel wrote: So I'll give out random animes you might to watch =D

Appleseed:

Hell yeah. That movie rocks. I want to check out the original some time.

I watched a few episodes of Slayers at my friend's house last night. He only had the first four episodes on a VHS. It's a pretty neat show.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-11 15:38:51

At 6/11/06 09:42 AM, Angel_Ramiel wrote: So I'll give out random anime you might to watch =D

Appleseed:
*CG animation. Very fluid and smooth.
*contains mecha (if you're a fan of giant exploisons and violence)
*Very nice storyline/plot

Do you mean the old version or the new version?

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-11 18:59:21

At 6/11/06 03:38 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote:
At 6/11/06 09:42 AM, Angel_Ramiel wrote: Appleseed:
Do you mean the old version or the new version?

The new one. I have the Limited collector's edition. It came in a metal graphic container

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-11 19:15:21

Appleseed is pretty cool, me and my dad picked up the collectors edditon awhile ago.Besides that I've started watching Chobits. The only reason I started watching it was because CLAMP usually has good story lines but now I'm addicted to the zany adventures of Hideki and Chii that show is just awesome.

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-11 19:28:17

I guess I'll join. I just got back into watching anime recently.

1. Ninja Scroll
2. Perfect Blue
3. King of Hell (book series)
4. Hellsing
5. Outlaw Star
6. Trigun
7. Cowboy Bebop
8. Slayers
9. Ranma 1/2
10. FLCL

If we have to have a character, I'll take Jubei from Ninja Scroll.

XBL GT: ELTON JOHN 1111

ALSO, DICKS.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-11 20:28:38

WOW i havent posted here in a long while.
I wonder if im still part of this group?
well anyways can someone tell me what happend in Elreka 7 last night,
or tell me what episode it was so i can watch it on youtube thanks.

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-11 23:29:13

At 6/11/06 02:42 PM, -Fumetsu- wrote:
I watched a few episodes of Slayers at my friend's house last night. He only had the first four episodes on a VHS. It's a pretty neat show.

Pretty neat doesn't begin to describe it.
I'm sorry, but you just entered into my little "realm of expertise," so to speak. I'm more familiar with that anime than I am with any other, but I'm thinking Doctor Hyakuningirl might know more than me.
Speaking of which, fuck it. I think I'll just change my character. I'll be Zelgadis Greywords from Slayers.

Top Five Anime (No particular order):

- Slayers (Including Slayers Next and Try)
- Yu Yu Hakusho
- Lost Universe
- Narutaru
- Detective Conan

Character: Zelgadis Greywords from Slayers.

Now, Trivia, is the new member list the Wiki one in your sig? If so, do you want us to change our characters ourselves or do you want to it to avoid confusion?

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-12 06:44:30

At 6/9/06 08:27 PM, Dr_HyakuNinGiri wrote: Mmmmm....

Record of Lettuce War (salad)
FLCLub Sandwhich
Ramen 1/2
Those Who Eat Chicken
Rare Steak S: Bloodlust
YuGi O's (cereal)
Full Vegie Alchemist (vegie meal)
Final Fantasy Fries
20 Winged Angel (buffalo wing platter)

Well done; you came up with an entire menu with a clever theme. I wonder why I didn't think of that.
I was actually considering the use of dishes that were featured in episodes of anime series. For example, Jet Black often stir-fries bell peppers and serves them as Bell Peppers and Beef (the beef is often left out of the dish because apparently meat is expensive in 2071). If there are any other recipies in anime episodes, I'd love to hear them.

At 6/11/06 11:29 PM, psykolord wrote: I think I'll just change my character. I'll be Zelgadis Greywords from Slayers.

Top Five Anime (No particular order):

- Slayers (Including Slayers Next and Try)
- Yu Yu Hakusho
- Lost Universe
- Narutaru
- Detective Conan

Character: Zelgadis Greywords from Slayers.

Now, Trivia, is the new member list the Wiki one in your sig? If so, do you want us to change our characters ourselves or do you want to it to avoid confusion?

I think I'll do it; I seem to have some other changes to make and it'll be easier to take care of it in one fell swoop.

At 6/11/06 07:28 PM, -CM- wrote: I guess I'll join. I just got back into watching anime recently.

1. Ninja Scroll
2. Perfect Blue
3. King of Hell (book series)
4. Hellsing
5. Outlaw Star
6. Trigun
7. Cowboy Bebop
8. Slayers
9. Ranma 1/2
10. FLCL

If we have to have a character, I'll take Jubei from Ninja Scroll.

Welcome to Anime Club, -CM-

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-12 11:26:24

At 6/11/06 02:42 PM, -Fumetsu- wrote: I watched a few episodes of Slayers at my friend's house last night. He only had the first four episodes on a VHS. It's a pretty neat show.

I love Slayers, I had a VHS copy of ther last four episodes and I watched it to death.
I lent it to a friend three years ago, then I move out of province before he returned it and he says "It sucked, come back and take it...well, fly back and take it".

I still have yet to get it back, I'll demand he bring it when he visits this summer...

Oh, I also decided to tally up all the manga that currently resides on my shelf....
Cowboy Bebop Vol. 2-3
Cowboy Bebop: Shooting Star Vol. 1-2
Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 1-3
Naruto Vol. 1
Ranma 1/2 Vol. 1-5
Samurai Champloo Vol. 1

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-12 12:52:10

I thought it was cool when Lina made the trolls implode with that spell...whatever she calls it.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-12 17:37:05

Me and my friend where talking one day and it eventually led to asking him what animes had the best endings.

.....he said he hasnt seen any good ending yet....

So what does everyone think are the best anime endings?

I like the endings of Slayers Next, Cowboy Bebop, Betterman, and FLCL.

Some endings are bad, yet good. Like when some of the main characters die in the end.

I made this:

Anime Club

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-12 22:46:07

At 6/12/06 05:37 PM, Dr_HyakuNinGiri wrote: Me and my friend where talking one day and it eventually led to asking him what animes had the best endings.
Some endings are bad, yet good. Like when some of the main characters die in the end.

I agree, like the end of Yuyu Hakusho but not the movie
***SPOILER ALERT***
Near the ending, where there was another tournament in demon world that the voctor will be known as the demon king. I was expecting more but none of the main characters emerged as the demon king, and a pathetic looking demon became the winner

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-13 12:46:10

At 6/8/06 04:13 PM, -Fumetsu- wrote: damn. sorry to hear that, BigFan. That really sucks...

It must have been loud as hell when that happened.

Yes... yes it was... given that my room was right under where it struck.....

Well i have a new T.V. and a DVD/VHS player, phone line now. all i need now is a new modem and roof top antenna.

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-13 17:26:37

I have the first season of Slayers. It's a good series.

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-14 04:43:25

At 6/13/06 05:26 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: I have the first season of Slayers. It's a good series.

Slayers is great, does anyone here own the mangas too?
Cause they're like, sold out here. Are they as good as the anime (maybe even better?).

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-14 11:52:09

At 6/12/06 05:37 PM, Dr_HyakuNinGiri wrote: So what does everyone think are the best anime endings?

Well, I thought Outlaw Star had a good ending. It was a happy ending and it showed that the gang was back together.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-14 13:00:02

At 6/14/06 11:52 AM, -Fumetsu- wrote:
At 6/12/06 05:37 PM, Dr_HyakuNinGiri wrote: So what does everyone think are the best anime endings?

The end of Evangelion, enough said.

Anyhow, can I join?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-14 13:55:46

At 6/14/06 01:00 PM, Morphox wrote:
The end of Evangelion, enough said.

Anyhow, can I join?

Of course. Just click the link in my sig to read the rules, then list your five favorite anime series and choose a character to represent you.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-14 14:50:58

Of course. Just click the link in my sig to read the rules, then list your five favorite anime series and choose a character to represent you.

Cool. Em, here goes...

My top favourite anime :

1 - Neon Genesis Evangelion.
2 - Ghost in the shell [Stand alone complex].
3 - Love Hina (the manga is better, though).
4 - Naruto.
5 - Ninja Scroll.

Anime choice's, apart from Evangelion and Love Hina were selected from random, they all deserved to be in my top 5 but... But ya' know... Hehe..

Representative character :

Keitaro Urashima (from Love Hina) - I'm this character because we share the same personality traits, unfortunately. =[

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-15 03:53:31

Well, I thought Outlaw Star had a good ending. It was a happy ending and it showed that the gang was back together.

MAJOR ENDING SPOILERS FOR A FEW ANIME, AVERT YOUR EYES!

I have to agree about it being a happy ending, and it is one of my all time favorite series of all time, but I like a more dramatic ending. Like where people die. like in DBZ how everyone is so powerful and when there's no threat, they just train meaninglessly. I find that annoying. After the whole climax it just dies. I liked lodoss because after it all, they were still just soldiers and still went on into battle, lead armies and kindoms, but the fight ws never over. I like Scryed because Kazuma and Ryuho(I'm almost positive that thats spelled wrong) wher locked in a never ending battle with each other, giving each others existance meaning. Or how Spike went out in the end of Cowboy bebop.... though they did kinda leave Jet all alone.

Oh, I actually liked the end of Samurai Champloo's ending. The final clash of swords, and the parting of their ways, no boubt Mugen would be getting into all kinds of trouble, and Jin would no doubt be hunted by all his masters other pupils along his journeys. This one left alot for the imagination.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-15 05:51:50

WELCOME Morphox!
Btw GUNGRAVE has one of the best endings ever, very sad, but great!

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-15 05:57:49

At 6/15/06 05:51 AM, AUb wrote: WELCOME Morphox!
Btw GUNGRAVE has one of the best endings ever, very sad, but great!

I never actually saw the last episode. When I watched it on G4, it seemed like it kept cycling from the the beginning to the end and looping back to the beginning as if the story was supposed to do that. I always seemed to see the same few episides. I dont know. Maybe I did see the end and forgot, it wouldnt have been the first time I've did that. could some one post aspoiler for me to see if it rings any bells?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-06-15 06:59:49

ahhh! an anime club! FLIPPIN' SWEET! lol, yes you've already known that. who here likes fruits basket say HEYYY!! ^_^ of course, that's not the only anime i like, but it's one of the best. hehe. what about you?

Save a dinosaur, ride a paleontologist.

BBS Signature