00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ChaoticGimp just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,886,723 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 00:50:06

At 3/19/08 12:27 AM, El-Presidente wrote:
At 3/19/08 12:13 AM, Jamrock wrote: RE: Second Post
...hell I'm a NG idiot right now. Anyways, it's not like you've come a huge way from 2-53 posts, as opposed to some of the 2-4000.

haha, you're so right presidente, wtf is this noob talking about!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 03:10:02

First Posts...

Posted: 08/07/05 08:34 PM
PLEASE HELP

At 5/21/05 03:11 AM, ClownUnit02 wrote: Nah, looks too much like an older Gohan from DBZ. You could get some serious flamage for that.

Flamage? whats that?

Hahahhh. the glory. "Flamage? whats that?" I was such an annoying kid back in the day. Especially the impatient type that keeps bumping a thread saying "HELPPPPPPP."

hahhhh

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 03:26:17

First Post

At 11/27/05 05:46 AM, fionmaster wrote: Okay so heres the scene:

I'm trying to make a birds' eye view kinda game(like age of empires). At this stage I have created two good guys that can be moved around with the mouse, a bad guy that can kill them and be killed and I'v also mad it so the two good guys can go to a forest and pick up wood and a gold mine and pick up gold then return to base and it goes to the stockpiles. So heres the problem, I've made it so that each time you click a character their information and a picture appears in a display box but when you do this it displays the amount of wood at that time and if they get more wood it doesnt show up until you click on them again. And here's the catch, I've done all this on Flash 5. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I realised I haven't gone into any of my coding but I think it better that you just ask what you need to know rather than me putting up a lot of pointless crap.

Many thanks in advanced

Posted here
Liam goes on to help me with the problem and I pretty much get pissed at him just because he didn't give me the exact code.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 06:09:21

Adobe Bordeaux and Adobe Thermo
http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/The rmo
http://visualrinse.com/2007/12/18/adobe-
cs4-and-adobe-bordeaux-hmm-very-interest ing/

Anyone else feel that with Flex, Thermo, Bordeaux and Illustrator that Adobe's kinda making a program we all know and love a bit... obselete? Course this is all fairly old hearsay now, but I'd like to hear anyone's thought on the matter.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 06:33:11

At 3/19/08 06:21 AM, BritishMoose wrote: Get back to work, you hobo.

Sod you. It's Easter soon and I get my teeth removed in 24 hours time.
I don't want to work.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 10:25:51

Seeing as I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow I have two questions:

1. Where do you think I'm going?

2. Could you tell me what you think of this...
I am working on a "multiplayer" [2 People 1 Keyboard] and I want to see if it works all right. So go grab a friend, a sibling, or someone [that is if you know anyone]. So what I want you to do is just see if the keys work out all right. I mean, there are a few excessive combinations of like 5 or so keys that won't work, but mostly they will.
PLAYER 1
WASD+F[punch]+G[grab+throw barrels]
PLAYER 2
ARROWS+J[punch]+K[grab+throw barrels]
I haven't incorporated the kick in yet, and the enemies don't attack you, but I just want to make sure it's not really uncomfortable to do. Don't do it yourself, since it won't be the same.
Sorry for the ULTRA slow NGUP

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 12:04:51

You guys have it so much better off now. Flash 6 was sloowwwww. Here is my first post:

"Is there any way to calculate what the difference will be in frame rate between the flash player and the browser? By habit I just multiply the frame rate by 1.5 when i publish to web... but is there any set standard? It gets somewhat annoying sometimes..."

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 12:04:55

eBay

I just won something on eBay. I've never won anything before. I've always been real skeptical of people just taking the money and never sending the item...isn't it super easy to do that? Seems like you gotta put a lot of trust in someone you don't know.

The item wasn't that much, but still, that shit better come, I don't want to waste money for nothing.

Do any of you frequent eBay?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 12:16:00

At 3/19/08 12:04 PM, Senti wrote: Do any of you frequent eBay?

I used to love eBay, but recently I have found that it's only become a good place to buy things that you cannot find locally. I buy all my NES games from Ebay since Gamestop owns the video game industry and refuses to sell games before PS2. However, I have found that a lot of things on Ebay are just the same price as you can find them in Amazon or other online retailers, and they ship within the week. Ebay sellers are NOTORIOUS for taking upwards of 6 weeks to get you something.

I offload used video games on Ebay too, it's a lot better deal most of the time then trading in at local video game stores. I once had a game that Gamestop offered $3 for, and I sold it on Ebay for about $15.

Overall Ebay is pretty good... it's just risky at times in terms of quality and ship times.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 12:21:12

RE: ebay
I dont use much ebay nowadays, but aside from the occasional slow shipper i've never had any problems.. I think its best when you buy shit that isnt of high value or a pain to ship. Also paypaling it is the way to go.. also avoid anything being mailed from hong kong ... its most likely fake and they will gouge the shipping costs yet try to sell it at rediculous cheap.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 12:48:12

Translated leaked games - LOL

Any of you gamemakers have your game up on a spanish site with translated game description/title?
I find them humorous sometimes:

Castle Crashing the Beard
Ayuda a este caballero a acabar con un señor barbudo. Según la historia del juego Tom Fulp lleva meses sin afeitarse por estar viciado al juego Castle Crashers de X-Box 360

'Help this knight finish off with a bearded man. According to the game's history Tom Fulp has been going months without shaving because of his obsession with the xbox 360 game Castle Crashers'

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 12:51:38

RE: Translated game
Heres another for pico's school:

Juego Pico's School
En la escuela hay niños que estan muy locos pero éste los supera a todos, salvate como puedas encontrando el arma escondida.

In school there are kids that are very crazy but this one can overcome them, save yourself how ever you can, searching for THE hidden weapon.

LMAO

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 12:51:59

lol :(

anyways. wooh :(

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 13:18:28

First Posts

Aha. I don't even remember this but yeah..

"

At 8/9/05 10:15 AM, Dark-Phire wrote: There called not Called Logo Experts, unless you want us to Rate them then no.
I don't think anyone here is a Official 'Pro' at PS.
But here.

I am - seriously - ps and programming r my source of income"

Lol, what a noob I was. I was.. 13? When I posted this.

Another, embarrassing, thing I have found while browsing through is actually a tutorial, which is still on AS Main I stole under the name '-Ryu-'... I fail :(

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 13:31:18

first post

My first post was a query into the workins of the blam points system.

Second post was in a thread showing off my A* pathfinding implentation and some other thing.

good ol days :'(

I also used to spell 'your' and 'you're' as 'yur'

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 13:43:46

first post
In one of my first posts I said I learn ActionScript quickly and I think it was authorblues who said he was impressed by me.
That made me cry of joy!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 13:55:08

BLAAH!!

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/8785 27

People like this make me sick.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 14:02:00

At 3/19/08 01:55 PM, dELtaluca wrote: BLAAH!!

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/8785 27

People like this make me sick.

Not only is he impatient etc. he also doesn't have a clue about AS.
No one help him. Hes not worthy :3

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 14:08:58

At 3/19/08 02:02 PM, UnknownFury wrote: No one help him. Hes not worthy :3

Shit, blame me and GuyWithHisComp.

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 14:22:10

At 3/19/08 02:08 PM, El-Presidente wrote:
At 3/19/08 02:02 PM, UnknownFury wrote: No one help him. Hes not worthy :3
Shit, blame me and GuyWithHisComp.

BUMP.

trying to keep the reg lounge noticable !

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 14:53:47

At 3/19/08 02:43 PM, BritishMoose wrote: How many of you guys have ever suffered from Nosebleeds?

I know I have!

Made me laugh.

I love your colouring :)
How do you choose colours like that?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 14:59:17

At 3/19/08 02:43 PM, BritishMoose wrote: How many of you guys have ever suffered from Nosebleeds?

I know I have!

Awesome! Although was slightly short :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 15:01:41

At 3/19/08 02:59 PM, adman1993 wrote: Although was slightly short :(

You're really on the ball today, aren't you?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 15:39:52

At 3/19/08 03:01 PM, UnknownFury wrote: You're really on the ball today, aren't you?

All day long baby ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 16:30:44

I know I have!

I have..I have some sort of condition where my nose bleeds VERY easily. Such as if i were to flick (pretty hard) it in the right spot, it'd bleed. Or if i swing my head back and forth too fast.

iamcoreyg.com // campnorth

Need a website? music? graphics? CONTACT ME.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 16:40:54

my dinner tonight

for my dinner tonight i made my self a strange bastardisation of a pancake.

a normal english pancake mixture, but with a bit more egg than usual, all in the pan at once. allow half to cook, pour over some jam, fold it over and seal edges by pressing down to cook the seal. then fold over, allow to cook through

english style mix, ommelette style with the folding over and extra egg, american style in that it was rather thick

but lovely :P

I didn't want too much -> hence extra egg since i didnt want to waste it
I couldn't be arsed to stand and cook multiple pancakes, so i did it all in one
couldnt be arsed to do jam afterwards, so put it in middle

:D

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 16:40:56

At 3/19/08 04:30 PM, atomic-noodle wrote:

I know I have!
I have..I have some sort of condition where my nose bleeds VERY easily. Such as if i were to flick (pretty hard) it in the right spot, it'd bleed. Or if i swing my head back and forth too fast.

Me too, it can get pretty irritating, especially when i get nosebleeds on a plane (which happens pretty often).

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 16:43:20

i usually go through a period of a couple of months a year where i will constantly get very very heavy nose bleeds, sometimes multiple ones a day. and by heavy i mean losing almost half a pint of blood and lasting bloody ages -> often makes me passout after a while.

thankfully this year *touch wood* it seems ive somehow skipped it

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 16:47:56

At 3/19/08 04:30 PM, atomic-noodle wrote:
I know I have!

I have the exact same thing! If someone hits my nose with a bat in the right spot my nose starts to bleed. It's really annoying

Pancakes
Since when is that dinner?

Secret BUMP!

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-19 16:57:15

At 3/19/08 04:47 PM, El-Presidente wrote: Pancakes
Since when is that dinner?

Since the only food in my house is cat food, milk, cereal, eggs, flour, jam :P and i already had cereal for breakfast and lunch