00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,914,516 Views | 60,181 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-28 18:04:06

At 1/28/08 05:45 PM, ArthurGhostly wrote: I always thought the plural of Lego was Lego.

"Legos" just sounds ugly.

Yeah, I always say Lego. Legos is a silly word. It sounds like a Greek island.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-28 18:09:23

LEGO

OMFG LEGO :OOOO

I still play with lego(s) to this day and I'm not afraid to say it. Lego are just awesome, It doesn't matter what you're building or why you're building it, it's fun as hell.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-28 18:20:28

so THAT's why google went all blocky on me today

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-28 19:00:59

At 1/28/08 06:58 PM, hashbrown wrote: actually down here in california almost all guys have fur on their hoods, its like a fashion. you also gotta have he tight pants so fat people are left out.

I refuse to be a part of that trend. I hate tight pants >:C

iamcoreyg.com // campnorth

Need a website? music? graphics? CONTACT ME.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-28 20:20:38

For anyone that cares Mastermind 1 has climbed to #13 all time.. purely based on changing the icon to tits..... LMAO.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-28 20:20:41

Coffee
I've started drinking coffee on a more frequent basis, and I find my alertness quite startling. Anyone here a coffee drinker? NO frappacinos don't count.

At 1/28/08 07:26 PM, hashbrown wrote: i like em :3

Hashie I never knew you were such a Socal punk :P. Where do you hail from?

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-28 20:20:57

At 1/28/08 07:26 PM, hashbrown wrote:
At 1/28/08 07:00 PM, atomic-noodle wrote:
I refuse to be a part of that trend. I hate tight pants >:C
i like em :3

DUN.. DUN.. DUUNNNNN.......

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-28 20:29:06

At 1/28/08 08:20 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Coffee
I've started drinking coffee on a more frequent basis, and I find my alertness quite startling. Anyone here a coffee drinker? NO frappacinos don't count.

I don;t drink it regularly, but a few years ago I taught myself to like it anyway (no sugar, but a lot of cream). I drink decaf when I do, so only for the taste.

I drink caffeinated stuff on purpose only every once and a while. If you gain a dependence for it, that isn't good. But it tastes good so I do drink it on occasion.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-28 20:36:08

At 1/28/08 08:29 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: If you gain a dependence for it, that isn't good. But it tastes good so I do drink it on occasion.

Like heroin!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-28 20:42:36

At 1/28/08 08:20 PM, Luis wrote: For anyone that cares Mastermind 1 has climbed to #13 all time.. purely based on changing the icon to tits..... LMAO.

Maybe we should all change our movie icons to tits.

:U

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-28 20:43:01

At 1/28/08 08:20 PM, Luis wrote: For anyone that cares Mastermind 1 has climbed to #13 all time.. purely based on changing the icon to tits..... LMAO.

Hello strategy! >:3
Well If I could changed the icon for The Duders: Weather I'd so totally change it to tits right now... :(

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-28 20:57:57

At 1/28/08 08:48 PM, Kanadian-Keith wrote:
watch this, you may like it, you might not:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nCpmMdOTTP8

he did the same thing to prove a point and that video is him talking about thumbnail using lol

God i can't stand people who do a youtube blog or presentation in front of their camera. 'Oh look at me how well-spoken and charismatic i am, hee hee.. I am the shit here on youtube but once there are more than 2 people in a room and i have to talk i am just a shy little shit who stares at the ground replying only with yes, no and uhuh'
It's probably the number 1 thing that pisses me off most in this world followed closely by using a deodorant spray instead of a roller and losing my luggage on an airport. \

/END RANT

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-28 21:17:35

At 1/28/08 08:48 PM, Kanadian-Keith wrote:
watch this, you may like it, you might not:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nCpmMdOTTP8

he did the same thing to prove a point and that video is him talking about thumbnail using lol

Reminded me of Dr.Cox from Scrubs, but with a British/Australian accent.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-29 00:03:18

Weird rewarding things.
I'm workin' on a game here right, (dang programming gets me confused. :S) anyway I still got a lot to do but after stepping back and checking it out and quite pleased and I just got a nice rewarding feeling about it for some weird reason... ya ever get that guys?

Linky to game demo thing. (Arrow keys move, spacebar shoot) (Would've used Spamtheweb but it's nav bar won't take me to the uploader for some reason. :*()

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-29 00:47:21

I just got a nice rewarding feeling about it for some weird reason... ya ever get that guys?

Yes, I know exactly how you feel, that's why I like coding stuff, you can get fairly regular rewards from seeing your work in progress....animation is sooo tedious.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-29 04:12:38

At 1/29/08 12:47 AM, BoMToons wrote:
you can get fairly regular rewards from seeing your work in progress....animation is sooo tedious.

Dang... ya'll you coders are the ones that been getting the better end of the steak. I need to start rethinking my professions... >:(

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-29 04:24:32

Man, yesterday from the time i got home (around noon) i watched the entire series 6 of scrubs :P (DVD)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-29 04:27:14

At 1/28/08 12:19 PM, jmtb02 wrote: What did Adobe promise? I am curious about that... I've always been on the wall about switching over or not.

They said the new VM runs code about 10 times faster than the old one, and it actually does, if not even faster. Most of my speed test on large, practical applications (not just setting a variable 10000 times) gives a speed boost of around 8-12 times better than AS2

Tom-

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-29 10:08:28

At 1/29/08 04:27 AM, The-Super-Flash-Bros wrote:
At 1/28/08 12:19 PM, jmtb02 wrote: What did Adobe promise? I am curious about that... I've always been on the wall about switching over or not.
They said the new VM runs code about 10 times faster than the old one, and it actually does, if not even faster. Most of my speed test on large, practical applications (not just setting a variable 10000 times) gives a speed boost of around 8-12 times better than AS2

I can also tell you from personal experience that the game I'm developing in it is running a hell of a lot smoother than experience tells me it would in AS2, both in and out of browser.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-29 10:35:45

At 1/29/08 10:08 AM, Paranoia wrote: I can also tell you from personal experience that the game I'm developing in it is running a hell of a lot smoother than experience tells me it would in AS2, both in and out of browser.

That's something to remember by the way: The Debug version of the flash player (the one flash opens when you test, and probably the standalone player you have installed) can run at as bad as half the speed of the release player (browser plugins)

You can tell if you're looking at a debug player by right clicking - if you see "Show Redraw Regions", you're looking at the debug player.

It used to be that browsers ran flash slower. Oh, how times have changed...

Tom-

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-29 10:50:56

This is old, but fucking cool.

we were shown a tech demo video for a thing called seadragon in a lecture today. its basically technology which allows an unlimited amount of (ridiculously hi res) images to be displayed on a screen, moved about and zoomed.

It sounds pretty lame, but just watch the video.

Another, perhaps more impressive part of the video shows the same technology being used with photosynth, to sweep flikr for every image of a certain thing and create a 3D model of it from just using the images.

Its hard to explain, so yeah, watch the video, its seriously impressive!

Sorry that this is old, youve probably all seen it anyway :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-29 11:14:48

Re: Seadragon

At 1/29/08 10:50 AM, J1mp wrote:
Sorry that this is old, youve probably all seen it anyway :D

Oh yeah. Real old. But awesome nonetheless...

Re: Debug Player?

At 1/29/08 10:35 AM, The-Super-Flash-Bros wrote: You can tell if you're looking at a debug player by right clicking - if you see "Show Redraw Regions", you're looking at the debug player.

Thats... interesting... all my browsers have Show Redraw Regions...
... how do I turn it off Debug mode then? And an even better question - how do I ensure all my site users are running it in non-debug mode?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-29 11:29:59

At 1/29/08 11:14 AM, KaynSlamdyke wrote: Thats... interesting... all my browsers have Show Redraw Regions...
... how do I turn it off Debug mode then? And an even better question - how do I ensure all my site users are running it in non-debug mode?

Go here to install the latest player clean on your browsers.

Only users who have the Flash IDE installed would ever have the debug version at all, and then only a few of them would have installed it to their browsers. Most users will have the regular player.

Tom-

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-29 11:44:30

At 1/29/08 10:35 AM, The-Super-Flash-Bros wrote: You can tell if you're looking at a debug player by right clicking - if you see "Show Redraw Regions", you're looking at the debug player.

It used to be that browsers ran flash slower. Oh, how times have changed...

Tom-

Wait, really? So, Flash runs slower or about as fast in Test as in Firefox now? If that's the case, then AS3's working out even more efficiently than I thought :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-29 17:53:45

holografika

pretty cool no? Requires no glasses, no head tracker - also working for any number of people, and gives a perfect 3d projection out of the screen. I wouldn't mind having one if someone payed for it :P they have an openGL wrapper to intercept messages to openGL to render whatever is being rendered on the screen aswell.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-29 17:56:57

At 1/29/08 05:53 PM, dELtaluca wrote: holografika

pretty cool no? Requires no glasses, no head tracker - also working for any number of people, and gives a perfect 3d projection out of the screen. I wouldn't mind having one if someone payed for it :P they have an openGL wrapper to intercept messages to openGL to render whatever is being rendered on the screen aswell.

I found this on Digg the other day..

Link.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-29 17:58:02

At 1/29/08 05:56 PM, SweetSkater wrote: I found this on Digg the other day..

Link.

yeh seen it, but that only allows there to be a single viewer, the one wearing the head-tracker, and having multiple head trackers just doesn't work. This display allows any number of people to view it from whatever angle they want.

not that the wii-headtracker aint cool :P

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-29 18:14:09

How do you know it wouldn't have been rated highly without the bewbs icon? I watched it because I got an email saying Swain had submitted a new movie, I rarely look at the front page. We need to visit some parallel universe where it isn't a boobs icon to see what would have happened otherwise :)

Although I'm not denying the icon had a small influence on the score

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-29 18:25:12

At 1/29/08 06:14 PM, edit-undo wrote:
Although I'm not denying the icon had a small influence on the score

Go back a few pages. The icon was changed after it made front page and a benchmark number of views was obtained... Even an email to all of Swain's fans wouldn't have provoked the huge leap of views...

I'm sure Tom can get us stats of how many of these click throughs were from the Front Page...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-01-29 18:39:51

At 1/29/08 06:25 PM, KaynSlamdyke wrote:
Go back a few pages. The icon was changed after it made front page and a benchmark number of views was obtained... Even an email to all of Swain's fans wouldn't have provoked the huge leap of views...

I'm sure Tom can get us stats of how many of these click throughs were from the Front Page...

Yeah the number of views skyrocketed, but i also doubt whether the boobs icon affected the score. A lot of views doesn't really mean a high score. Somehow the stuff on the frontpage gets a high score, but once it's off the score drops rapidly even if it's still watched a lot.

BBS Signature