00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RestiveTrooper5153 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Playstation Empire

265,563 Views | 6,100 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-07-27 16:18:50

Well i went out and rented the new Sonic game and it is actually pretty good. But i havent really got that far in it yet but i think Silver is my favorite character on there him and Knuckles.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-07-31 18:39:34

For those who miss it....

Member List

1) Dark-knight *
2) Odyssic *
3) Dave /
4) Frostbreath /
5) Lebastic *
6) Crashman /
7) Delirium *
8) Phildo99 /
9) Bahamut /
10) Dejanus /
11) DarkSoldier *
12) Ancient-Evil /
13) XwaynecoltX /
14) hardD /
15) Gamedude107 /
16) Quickbeam /
17) I-Love-Caityln */
18) Marsupial *
19) Dude1548 /
20) stickarenaman12 /
21) Seamonky *
22) Pseudonym95 /
23) Joker-Inc /
24) blackbat2 /
25) DaSadGirl */
26) Doctor-Doom /
27) roboplumber /
28) BigBlueBalls /
29) Guszy /
30) kewldude174 /
31) StrangeBoy /
32) ninjaking333 /
33) WolfmanX /
33) Piromano *
34) ng40 /
35) hooglyboogly /
36) pube-flakes /
37) FrankTheHedgehog /
38) ThelastPichu /
39) chris-the-stick2 /
40) TheLighterShadow /
41) Jesse-Ray /
42) gizmo12345 /
43) TheSnakeSkull /
44) Darkness-Platinum /
45) ShortMonkey /
46) Black-Flame *
47) Jedabazza */
48) Bow2yurmaster /
49) Morextremist *
50) Supa-Weegi /
51) LtSurge659 *
52) Frenzy /
53) Geohunter /
54) DarkWolf-94 /
55) PimpinDizzle /
56) Phantom /
57) Abyssus *
58) MrCritical */
59) PoJoX /
60) wwwyzzerdd /
61) AngelicBunny /
62) Kronik-The-Hedgehog *
63) Twilight-Knight *
64) Lovegod /
65) D13Daniel /
66) jervic /
67) PowerPrower *
68) timrings2 /
69) M-to-the-C /
70) C-Dizzle44 *
71) Dante-Son-Of-Sparda/
72) oddworth /
73) zef7 /
74) ReliableZero/
75) idiot-monarch*
76) JakeMegna /
77) Harryj /
78) Heppo /
79) theabyss /
80) loggers */
81) Lockout*
82) Origina-l/
83) Akatsuki321*
84) HATEGRIND*
85) MegaGamer2 *
86) XD0042006 *
87)Gu-rrilla *
88) Killers123
89) Fire-Flake *
90) Tekken9292 *
91) Dark-critical *
92) Dead-Body-Man
93) Aleconte0
94) Gagsy
95) vdviking
96) PhilHarrsion
97) g-muff
98) SpeedMetalSandwich
99) wiidude
100) hongkongexpress
101) DarkSamurai-Oblivion

* = Active
/ = Not-active
*/ = Post sometimes

Admins on forum

- DarkSoldier
- Marsupial
- Odyssic

Mods on forum

- Quickbeam
- Lebastic
- Piromano

It's very oout-of-date, so, If I forget someone, just PM me

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-01 18:39:49

Man! I FINALLY completed Final Fantasy IX again. I started the save AGES ago and only just got around to finishing it lately. Now to finish off FF VII again.

Gamertag: BlackFlameNG Xbox 360 Club

Gamerscore: 25,275- last updated 23/February/09

Steam ID: BlackFlameNG

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-02 12:49:21

MGS4 is not multi platform goddamn it. The date on that article says May 30 2007, and it's August and Konami confirmed it's a PS3 exclusive. ):<

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-02 13:27:21

Why is that bad?
Think what would happen if MGS was announced non exclusive at this point, the PS3 would not benefit and so won't it's future games.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-02 13:43:57

At 8/2/07 12:49 PM, Abyssus wrote: MGS4 is not multi platform goddamn it. The date on that article says May 30 2007, and it's August and Konami confirmed it's a PS3 exclusive. ):<

Yeah, and Konami also has said the company was "open" to taking the franchise to other platforms just recently.

I'll agree with you, that article is not legit. I still think, however, that it's quite likely it might go to the 360.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-02 19:01:04

At 8/2/07 12:49 PM, Abyssus wrote: MGS4 is not multi platform goddamn it. The date on that article says May 30 2007, and it's August and Konami confirmed it's a PS3 exclusive. ):<

And it was ANNOUNCED in the OFFICIAL XBOX MAGAZINE saying that it IS coming out multi-platform.
Expect the articles to pop up within a month.

Gamertag: BlackFlameNG Xbox 360 Club

Gamerscore: 25,275- last updated 23/February/09

Steam ID: BlackFlameNG

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-03 07:05:58

At 8/2/07 07:01 PM, Black-Flame wrote:
And it was ANNOUNCED in the OFFICIAL XBOX MAGAZINE saying that it IS coming out multi-platform.
Expect the articles to pop up within a month.

NO IT WASN'T! They said they had a 'reliable source' about it. Just look at the twenty minute demo! Snake controlled Otacons robot with a Sixaxis for gods sake! It may come to 360, but they haven't even started on developing for it. You may get it in two years time, but not now.
This is the playstation crew anyway...

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-03 12:20:09

At 8/3/07 07:05 AM, Abyssus wrote: NO IT WASN'T! They said they had a 'reliable source' about it. Just look at the twenty minute demo! Snake controlled Otacons robot with a Sixaxis for gods sake! It may come to 360, but they haven't even started on developing for it. You may get it in two years time, but not now.
This is the playstation crew anyway...

As far as the sixaxis controlled metal gear goes, it probably wouldn't be too difficult to switch it with a 360 controller. They also could just leave it if they wanted. You have no idea if Konami is developing the game for the 360. Companies don't announce everything their doing because it can be bad marketing strategy. They'll announce it when they feel it is the best time, if it is actually true. Now, if the magazine is true, the game will come out a few months after the PS3 version.

I hope it doesn't. I'm a PS3 owner, but it's quite possible. Also, discussing the exclusitivity of MGS4 is quite related to Playstation and can be discussed in the Playstation Crew.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-03 17:34:08

At 8/3/07 12:20 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote: I hope it doesn't. I'm a PS3 owner, but it's quite possible. Also, discussing the exclusitivity of MGS4 is quite related to Playstation and can be discussed in the Playstation Crew.

September is when all will be reveled, in the Tokyo games show. Also, join the PS3 lounge.

Not much going on in October with GTA delayed, Lair is back four weeks too ):

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-03 18:16:53

At 8/1/07 06:39 PM, Black-Flame wrote: Man! I FINALLY completed Final Fantasy IX again. I started the save AGES ago and only just got around to finishing it lately. Now to finish off FF VII again.

THAT'S interesting....
I'm thinking about talking about old PS1 games to make this club more active....
So, who remembers syphon philter(I don't remember how to spell it)??

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-03 20:31:28

Hey everybody! Well i got a few new games here recently. And that is Nascar: 2008 and NCAA 2008 as well. But i love the new Nascar game cause of everything you can do in it and the graphics are awesome. And well i guess handling the Car Of Tomorrow will take some getting used to but it is still fun none the less.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-03 21:46:54

At 8/3/07 08:31 PM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote: Hey everybody! Well i got a few new games here recently. And that is Nascar: 2008

OH that's a good game!

Yeah the graphics looks awesome and the game looks super fun.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-04 00:00:41

Okay, a couple of things that I think deserve some discussion.

First of all, An alaylist named Patcher believes the GTA4 delay is because of the 360. I find this hard to believe since a few months ago, the 360 was the console that was limiting the game.

Also, about Lair. As many of you have probably heard, the EGM magazine (supposedly) reviewed Lair and gave it a 6.0 Shortly after, Factor 5 announced Lair would be delayed until September. Sony has affirmed that the two have no connection. I'm not quite sure what to make of this. EGM's major hit on the game is how it controls and the combat system. On other sites, however, they say the preview addition they received felt really good and controlled well. I guess I'll just wait until it gets closer to launch.

And as far as the GTA4 delay goes, I don't care too much. A lot of people will miss it, but it's not like there won't be enough game coming out this holiday season.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-04 04:47:38

Its anoying all these delays but i dont mind as i dont have a PS3 yet... and wont get one tilll one of those games comes out , GTA IV or Metal Gear 4 & Resident Evil 5... man does resident evil 5 look good

"He Who Devours Your Entrails & Enjoys It" : Lobo

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-04 09:36:20

Resident Evil 5 Does look awesome but I'm scared of people claiming it's racist since he's killing african americans and then it will have to change the location of the game or worse :< not even make the game >_< but Let's hope that it doesn't come to that.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-04 11:57:30

Ive been playing Tomb Raider Anniversary on the PC. Its not mine but I think its pretty epic. IS the PS2 version the same as the PC one? Anyone know? Also Jon, you depositing for me?

At 8/4/07 09:36 AM, loggers wrote: Resident Evil 5 Does look awesome but I'm scared of people claiming it's racist since he's killing african americans and then it will have to change the location of the game or worse :< not even make the game >_< but Let's hope that it doesn't come to that.

Similair shit is happening with Mercenaries 2. the Venezulean government isnt exactly happy with their turf getting blown up in the game. But maybe the incident has blown over while I wasnt paying attention...

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-04 14:08:09

At 8/3/07 09:46 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: Yeah the graphics looks awesome and the game looks super fun.

Yeah it is an awesome game. Some of the challenges are pretty hard and very strict but it only makes you a better and cleaner racer in the end. But what i think is awesome about it is you have to complete these challenges to get licenses to race on tracks and get contracts by all the big companys in Nascar.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-04 15:52:27

O wow man I have always been a fan of the dynasty warriors series on the PS2 from the second game all the way to the last and now Koei is finnaly showing us some gameplay of the next on the PS3 yay ^_^
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23124 .html

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-04 16:22:24

At 8/4/07 03:52 PM, loggers wrote: O wow man I have always been a fan of the dynasty warriors series on the PS2 from the second game all the way to the last and now Koei is finnaly showing us some gameplay of the next on the PS3 yay ^_^

Looks nice, was also announced on 360 I think...I'm still holding out Lair will not be a flop and prove those reviewers wrong.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-07 14:27:25

At 8/4/07 04:22 PM, Abyssus wrote:
At 8/4/07 03:52 PM, loggers wrote: O wow man I have always been a fan of the dynasty warriors series on the PS2 from the second game all the way to the last and now Koei is finnaly showing us some gameplay of the next on the PS3 yay ^_^
Looks nice, was also announced on 360 I think...I'm still holding out Lair will not be a flop and prove those reviewers wrong.

I'm actually Quite concenred about Lair it seems like an empty pretty very colourfull shell of a game to me for some reason :( Hope I'm wrong though and that it will be precieved amongst it's fans as a hit :).

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-07 23:15:15

Hey guys! Well it seems like i cant pull myself away from Nascar 08. But the challenges and stuff i am running to on there are getting pretty hard and i think i might just have to cheat alittle to be successful. But anyway i like in the game how you have to earn licences then you have to earn contracts from some of the biggest names in Nascar. Me personally i went for the Hendrick Motorsports contracts as soon as i had them unlocked. But i am having one hell of a time trying to get Jeff Gordon's car into my garage. So hopefully i can get that completed here pretty soon.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-08 00:02:08

At 8/7/07 02:27 PM, loggers wrote: I'm actually Quite concenred about Lair it seems like an empty pretty very colourfull shell of a game to me for some reason :( Hope I'm wrong though and that it will be precieved amongst it's fans as a hit :).

The way people are receiving Lair is pretty interesting. Everyone panicked after the EGM review. I'm not really sure if I can trust them though. The main things EGM complained about, controls and combat system, seem to not be an issue for a lot of the site previews I've read. I don't know, it just seems kind of odd that people feel so differently about it. Hopefully, I'll at least like it.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-09 06:44:55

At 8/7/07 02:27 PM, loggers wrote:
At 8/4/07 04:22 PM, Abyssus wrote:
I'm actually Quite concenred about Lair it seems like an empty pretty very colourfull shell of a game to me for some reason :( Hope I'm wrong though and that it will be precieved amongst it's fans as a hit :).

I reckon it'll be allright, looks fun enough. Half the time games are near as good as they are estimated to be; so even if it looked mindblowing it will have its flaws

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-11 09:25:46

Does GOW for the PSP add something new to the game?
Like I mean in terms of new stages new story new moves magics and weapons for dear old kratos?
Does it continue from the main game story on the PS2 or is more kind of a stand alone title which has the name looks and feel of the game but not a continuation from the story?

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-11 14:35:12

NEWS

Pachter Says Next PS3 Price-Cut With GTAIV

When "analyst" Michael Pachter talks, we usually don't want to listen. But because it is our job, we still do it. So when the Wedbush Morgan "analyst" said that he believes Sony will drop the price of the PlayStation 3 next March to coincide with the release of Gran Theft Auto IV and Metal Gear Solid 4, a horde of gamers from message boards all across the internet let out a collective "duh" - thanks for telling us something we could've predicted ourselves.

Yes, it's no secret that the delay of GTAIV may actually play to Sony's advantage, allowing them to drop the price of the PS3 some more just in time for a number of huge blockbuster releases. And further down the list of 'duh' statements, Pachter believes that Sony will finally give into price-dropping the PlayStation 2, possibly into the magic $99.99 field.

"Although we do not expect another PS3 price cut this year, we think a price cut for the PS2 is possible," Pachter said. "Any hardware price reduction could serve as a catalyst for sales growth later in the year."

To Pachter's credit, I can't say he's 'wrong' about any of this, but he is stating the obvious, though.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-11 16:57:48

SIGN ME UP!!!!!!

P.S. How Do U Make A Word Clickable [Link-wise]

When The German Shepard Wasn't Looking...... ACHTUNG!

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-11 18:11:01

At 8/11/07 02:35 PM, Piromano wrote:

I heard that a few days ago. Good news and choice.
Stick in the war now and have a chance later on, or risk failing now and losing forever.

Also Konami wanted a price cut so MGS would sell better /:

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-14 10:00:34

At 8/11/07 04:57 PM, Megaman-FireX wrote: SIGN ME UP!!!!!!

P.S. How Do U Make A Word Clickable [Link-wise]

like this

All I did was when your making a post and you've got
Username: ...
Password: ...
Thread Mood: ...
Quick Html: (Link) Click on that write down a website's name or adress to something you'de like people to go when they click on it then press enter then write the word which will be highlited and pressed upon to go indicated Place, I know I didn't make it look very simple but trust me it's easy anyone could do it no worries.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-08-14 10:18:19

THAT'S interesting....
I'm thinking about talking about old PS1 games to make this club more active....
So, who remembers syphon philter(I don't remember how to spell it)??

hey i want to join this club, oh yeah and i actually still have/play my old ps1 for time time, i have a shit load of ps1 games, although i dont have syphon philter but i have Tiny Tank which is an awesome shooting game if ur familiar with it. I also have the Legend of Dragoon which is one of those medieval magic/adventure type games its 4 disc long. Anyone familiar with those games?

BBS Signature