00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mibrudabot1225 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Programming Regs Lounge

717,082 Views | 15,737 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-25 04:55:50

Welcome back from me also.

About camps. Putting kids in camps is such a wierd idea to me. Sounds like a prison camp type idea. I know their all about fun and character building and learning experiance and what not. But I dont see why parents have to send their kids away to a camp just so they can shag for a few weeks during the summer.

Gie them a fiver and tell them not to come back untill its dark. All you need it a football and you get your dinner from the ice cream van. (Here they sell more than ice cream) simple. Probaly even cheaper.

PHP Main :: C++ Main :: Java Main :: Vorsprung durch Technik

irc.freenode.net #ngprogramming

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-25 04:56:29

At 4/24/08 10:10 PM, SpamBurger wrote: Do you have a problem with nerdy kids lacking social skills?

Not at all. It's there choice, theres nothing wrong with it, and it's not harming me in any way.
Not something for me though. Programming and the net in general is great and all, but nothing beats a good chinwag with friends.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-25 07:54:09

Thanks!

About camps. Putting kids in camps is such a wierd idea to me. Sounds like a prison camp type idea. I know their all about fun and character building and learning experiance and what not. But I dont see why parents have to send their kids away to a camp just so they can shag for a few weeks during the summer.

Have you ever been to summer camp? Most kids that go to summer camp (especially here in the states) go to camp to escape from the lives. They may be in foster care or may have been adopted and have issues and need a break from the every day routine. That and it also gives the parents a break for a week or two.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-25 08:16:26

I havnt personaly been in one. But I know friends a few years back who have. They didnt like it because they had to do stuff they didnt want to do. Or couldn't be bothered doing. But they said it wasnt all bad as they got let loose in the woods most days. Thats just a big game of hide and seek right their :)

Its interesting you mention kids that live in foster homes go to camps. Their was one guy that was in my school years ago that lived in a foster home. Most of the time he just hung out with us. Nothing wrong with that, people cant do anything about their parents being screwed up. No reason to pick on somebady as a few people seem to think it is.

But I guess its different in the states? Camps must just be an easier way of doingthings now that I think about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-25 11:05:09

At 4/25/08 08:16 AM, Jon-86 wrote: But I guess its different in the states? Camps must just be an easier way of doingthings now that I think about it.

It depends on the camp. The camp that I worked at was structured but other camps may have a different way of operation where you can sign up to do things at certain times or whatever.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-25 13:08:39

Well I've got back into lighting a lot more now, doing some gigs for a local venue. Got a show tonight, off out in like 10 mins. Wish me luck, it's been a while since I've used any of the kit to that spec - it should be fun :)

Also wb Jessii <3

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-25 13:58:22

At 4/25/08 01:08 PM, smulse wrote: Also wb Jessii <3

Thanks! It felt kinda weird to start posting again after not being able to post for a week. It still feels weird but I probably still won't be around much because I'm really behind with homework and other stuff :/

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-25 14:04:28

Hrmm, I'm a little pissed off at my car stereo. I bought it because of its built in USB port, so I could take an external HD with my music on it with me (40GB+).
Problem is it seems to have a rather small buffer (I'm guessing 128 songs or so), which is annoying as rescanning every once in a while takes about 2-3 minutes.

Guess I'll pick up an 8GB USB stick or so and put the essentials on it, but that's so limiting :(

"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. " - Unknown

[ FluxBB developer | Quickmarks 0.5.1 | Strings & Ints - my blog ]

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-26 00:05:38

My car stereo sucks :(

It won't even read my burned CD's unless it's in the mood to.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-26 05:59:38

Last night while I was doing lighting (before the show) we accidentally started a small fire on stage. LOL. It wasn't my fault. One of the other techies had moved one of the back curtains and it was touching one of the lights and it all started smoking and flaming hahaha.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-26 08:48:35

At 4/26/08 05:59 AM, smulse wrote: Last night while I was doing lighting (before the show) we accidentally started a small fire on stage. LOL. It wasn't my fault. One of the other techies had moved one of the back curtains and it was touching one of the lights and it all started smoking and flaming hahaha.

lol, dumbfucks.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-26 09:36:03

At 4/26/08 08:48 AM, RiotFlash wrote: lol, dumbfucks.

Not really. It's more to do with the set guys anyway - all the curtains should be fireproof or at least sprayed with flame retardant (lol). The lights and curtains touch all the time, just usually don't set on fire.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-26 09:39:12

At 4/26/08 09:36 AM, smulse wrote: Not really. It's more to do with the set guys anyway - all the curtains should be fireproof or at least sprayed with flame retardant (lol). The lights and curtains touch all the time, just usually don't set on fire.

Yeah but that doesn't work when you have fireworks http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast/02/
21/deadly.nightclub.fire

I do realize that this happened at a nightclub but it can happen anywhere.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-26 10:19:28

At 4/26/08 09:39 AM, Jessii wrote: Yeah but that doesn't work when you have fireworks http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast/02/
21/deadly.nightclub.fire

I do realize that this happened at a nightclub but it can happen anywhere.

That's true, but they are two completely different scenarios. Pre-show there were only about 20 people in the room (2000 seater) made from concrete and metal (as a posed to the 250+ people in the wooden building in the article). The fire there was caused by pyrotechnics and sound proofing foam (flammable) rather than a flame proof curtain.

I say flames for dramatic effect, it was smouldering and melted the gel (a special kind of plastic colour put in front of a light).

Plus we weren't using pyros.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-26 10:58:47

Anyone need some quick PHP work done? I'm a tad short on cash atm, so I could use a bit of work while I have some free time.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-26 12:22:47

At 4/26/08 11:29 AM, SpamBurger wrote: I finally got SmartFox working and made a cool chat program in Flash :D
http://helnet.org/chat

Looks awesome :)

iamcoreyg.com // campnorth

Need a website? music? graphics? CONTACT ME.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-26 13:15:11

Going drinking on a boat tonight, bye guys.
Love you all, espesially Sam :)

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-26 13:51:09

At 4/26/08 12:22 PM, atomic-noodle wrote: Looks awesome :)

I agree. Now you should add some features to it like changing the color of the text, font style, etc.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-26 15:13:56

At 4/26/08 11:29 AM, SpamBurger wrote: I finally got SmartFox working and made a cool chat program in Flash :D

Connecting...

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-26 15:52:28

Planet Terror pwns.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-26 18:43:25

I've started posting some pictures of Atlanta on my website if anyone's interested. However, the pictures that I have on there right now are of JFK airport in NYC, so I'm not technically in Georgia since I'm still on the ground in NY.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-26 18:56:48

At 4/26/08 03:13 PM, Relish wrote:
Connecting...

Worked fine for me. Plus you can post images(/html) in there lol :)

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-27 03:32:00

Great guitar players:
Dick Dale, Eric Johnson, Jimmy Paige, Tom Morello
Great drummers:
Stewart Copeland, John Bonham, Keith Moon

Just as an off-topic aside there.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-27 07:07:53

Woogie, woogie, woogie. Bad woogie. You forgot Ritchie Blackmore, Tony Iommi, Carlos Santana, Eric Clapton and so many more.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-27 07:32:30

At 4/26/08 02:06 PM, yhar wrote:
At 4/26/08 01:15 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Going drinking on a boat tonight, bye guys.
Love you all, espesially Sam :)
Presumably you mean Smulse, but you should specify!
There's so many Sam's!

I did it on purpose, just so you both felt loved.

Twas a really good night actually. Men sat around drinking beer while feeling manly.
My two favorite parts of the night were discussing in a detailed sleazy way every girl we new from school/college and rating them :)

The second part I feel the need to go into depth about.

Twas about half nine and I made the post above at 6ish. I'd already had three (off date) beers so you can guess how I was at 9.30 :) Anyway, we were meeting a mate at ASDA to buy more beer but he phones us up and tells us it shuts at ten. So we start running and during the running I thought it might be insperational if I start singing the 118 song. Running along, all happy, and then see a bunch of chavs across the road. One of them starts immating me singing the song to which I shout "NO NO NO YOUR DOING IT WRONG!" You know how chavs are, always looking to start something so they start yelling "dickhead" and "knobhead" at us. Times of the essence here so we keep running, not to mention they were three of them compared to two of us and one of them had what looked to be half a snooker cue.

Running, running, running, then I decide enoughs enough. Walk over to them and demand to know which ones shouting these vulgar insults so I can have it out with him. All three of them instantly start backing away and saying it wasn't them. I finally turn on a female that was with them and after she says it couldn't of been her, I say of course not, your a woman.

My mate decides this might be a good time to come drag me away, as times ticking on. I agree and we set of running again. Low and behold, back come these three chavs, shouting again. Fuck ASDA comes to mind, these guys need sorting out. Start sprinting at them slurring "come and 'ave a go if you fink your hard enuf". All three of them decide they've bitten off more they can chew and start sprinting away. My mate decides he's had enough as well and decides to follow me in the pursuit of them.

All that remains is the original girl who reminds me I can't hit her because she is afterall, a girl. I slur an insult about women and periods and begin on the road to ASDA again :)

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-27 07:49:34

At 4/27/08 07:35 AM, yhar wrote: Haha, did you get to ASDA in time?
We're all dying to know!

Damn right. With about seventeen seconds to spare :)

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-27 09:00:31

lol why didnt you carry a empty bottle to ditch at them

Web Hosting: Free! Premium!

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-28 13:34:32

GTA4 comes out tomorrow, so don't expect to see me around too much for a month or so :)

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-28 14:59:05

GTA4 has been out for 2 days already 26th. In Scotland anyway :) And because someone likes me they are actually getting a loan from he bank just to buy little old me a PS3. Rockstar knows their will be people like me so I love them to bits now they are doing a PS3+GTA4 for only %u0408320 and today in the paper that deal was %u0408300 on play.com and delivery is free!

Cant wait untill my degree project is over. In a weeks time I will have this and a big 50" HDTV and the living room will be my new domain with junk food and a crate of redbull to boot.

Mabey I will see people in the multiplayer after I complete the story :D

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-04-28 17:07:06

I know I'm behind the times, but I just downloaded San Andreas :) Working through downloading the rest of the audio files for it. Though I am actually considering buying a 360 at the moment. I have the money, just would have a to buy a nice TV as well, but I was considering getting myself a 25" or something for in my bedroom. Meh. Depends if I go away or not this summer.

I should probably work on getting myself a job anyway. Could do with some steady income. I don't put myself out there enough for web design.

Funny story, this guy I know sold mis 360 for £30 ($60) to another one of my mates because it didn't work. He opened it up, fixed it, got himself a 360+ games for £30. What a win.

BBS Signature