00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NobeastcanDefeatme just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sprite Club

505,235 Views | 8,375 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-12 08:48:50

http://www.freewebs.com/the_catalyst

Not a new comic just an update lol

Anyway what ya all up to today? =)

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-12 09:17:20

Ghaleonx5z

At 8/12/04 08:48 AM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: Not a new comic just an update lol

Sounds cool! I'm sure it'll be better than the Matrix sequels! ;)

Kaosboy
I know it's not a sprite of me, but here's the preliminary sprite of the character I would like to appear in Pixelated Dreams. There's a few tweaks I'll be taking care of on the overall design and I have a couple of costume and color variations I'd like to try, but this is basically it. When I've got 'im to how I want him, I'll start spriting his animation steps.

His name is Dohickey (Dooey, for short) and he's a crash test dummy. Most of the time, he's paranoid of things hitting him which makes him a perfect candidate for chief of security aboard the sprite ship Grand Illusion (comic relief, of course - if that works for you). He's constantly losing his head (literally!) and, when he finally musters up the courage, he'll fight any foe with any weapon close at hand. He's been known to pull his own arm off and beat villains with it from time to time for lack of a good stick.

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-12 09:27:07

Cool sprite

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-12 09:30:41

At 8/12/04 09:17 AM, DocMonster wrote: Ghaleonx5z
At 8/12/04 08:48 AM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: Not a new comic just an update lol
Sounds cool! I'm sure it'll be better than the Matrix sequels! ;)

lol Here is hoping lol

Oh and cool Crash Dummy lol

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-12 09:38:53

At 8/12/04 07:16 AM, DocMonster wrote:
Thanks for giving us the link! I really dig the "lighting" in the Merman pic! It really drives home the feel of being underwater. Excellent job! I also like the forced perspective with blurring the fish and the guy he's about to eat in the background. Trapjaw looks pretty good as well. Next time, enlarge the hand and the feet a bit to bring them into proportion. I dig the Spikor design and I'd really like to see you color that bad boy since you've got a good eye for color. Keep us updated!

Thanks for the comments, Doc. I'm glad you liked "MerMan loves Octavia!" I'm especially pleased with how that turned out myself. :)
And I knew there was something wrong with TrapJaw's hand. I just couldn't put my finger on it. :p

I once went through a MotU phase ... back in the 80's ... I think I'm going to go cry now ... ;)

lol, cheer up, Doc! I had my first motu phase in the eighties too. I'm just a born again He-Fan :)

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-12 11:07:21

Ryan914

At 8/12/04 09:27 AM, Ryan914 wrote: Cool sprite

Thanks, compadre!

Ghaleonx5z

At 8/12/04 09:30 AM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: cool Crash Dummy

Thanks! I've been wanting to add those toys to my collection, but my problem is I want everything, so there are certain things I have to do without. :(

-Rook-

At 8/12/04 09:38 AM, -Rook- wrote: cheer up, Doc! I had my first motu phase in the eighties too.

Thank the gods! Now I don't feel so old ... Hey! Wait a minute! Your profile says you're currently 20 ... He-Man first aired in 1983 ... so that means ... carry the one ... divide by eleven ... multiply by the square root of orange ... you were either born on (if you haven't had a b-day this year) or the year after He-Man hit the airwaves! I was 14! *Tries to hang self with uncooked spaghetti ... finds it impossible to tie ... cooks it ... adds sauce ... has lunch instead*

Seriously though, I'm sure you've seen this, but in case you haven't, check out this site. I think you'll dig it!

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-12 11:31:47

At 8/12/04 11:07 AM, DocMonster wrote:
-Rook-
At 8/12/04 09:38 AM, -Rook- wrote: cheer up, Doc! I had my first motu phase in the eighties too.
Thank the gods! Now I don't feel so old ... Hey! Wait a minute! Your profile says you're currently 20 ... He-Man first aired in 1983 ... so that means ... carry the one ... divide by eleven ... multiply by the square root of orange ... you were either born on (if you haven't had a b-day this year) or the year after He-Man hit the airwaves! I was 14! *Tries to hang self with uncooked spaghetti ... finds it impossible to tie ... cooks it ... adds sauce ... has lunch instead*

Seriously though, I'm sure you've seen this, but in case you haven't, check out this site. I think you'll dig it!

Yeah, I was born in 84. I got my first He-Man toys when I was 2 or 3, and watched the show until it got cancelled on YTV in the late eighties. Sure, I was only a kid, but I kept my He-Man collection until I was 12, and have never stopped loving the product. And now I'm buying the new line :D

And I'm a proud member of the.org. Check out the MotU Redesign Challenges I hold in the FanArt section of the forum every two weeks. We're currently working on Gwildor, the little troll from the live action movie :)

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-12 12:23:23

hey, i made some comics. you probably wont like them, but i will see anyways.

www.freewebs.com/ac500below/comics.htm

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-12 12:37:59

i wonder were my brother is with his digi-cam...>.>

well, anyway, now that i'm into drawing again, i will try to work with action poses now...now i know how hard it is for those ho do it for a living.

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-12 16:25:20

At 8/12/04 11:07 AM, DocMonster wrote: Ghaleonx5z
At 8/12/04 09:30 AM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: cool Crash Dummy
Thanks! I've been wanting to add those toys to my collection, but my problem is I want everything, so there are certain things I have to do without. :(

Yeah me too lol It's annoying not to be able to at times. Well I don't know if I want Everything, maybe just 90% of everything XD

What would you get or do first then if you had all the extra cash?

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-12 21:46:32

-Rook-

At 8/12/04 11:31 AM, -Rook- wrote: I'm buying the new line [of He-Man toys]

I gotta admit, they're pretty SHWEET! lookin'!

I'm a proud member of [He-man.org.] Check out the MotU Redesign Challenges I hold in the FanArt section of the forum every two weeks. We're currently working on Gwildor

I checked it out. There's a lot of talent there, but I like 2-Bad's the best; he gives it a nice, gritty feel. "Beast Man Jr." is right! LOL!

Kaosboy85

At 8/12/04 12:21 PM, Kaosboy85 wrote: Awesome sprite! I'm thinking an "Omg! They killed Dooey!"

Thanks! I like the idea! Funny stuff!

INT. CAVE OF THE EXPLODING THONG WEASELS. Dooey has been blown to his component parts and is laying in a pile of himself.
Capt. - "Oh my God, they killed Dooey!"
Dooey - "No, no ... I'm fine ... just a bit ... disorganized."
Capt. - "What vile creature could look upon this youthful visage and wish to dump buckets of painful hurt upon him? Is there no mercy left on this soulless rock?!"
Dooey - "Has anyone seen my pancreas?"
Officer - "You don't have a pancreas, Dooey."
Dooey - "As in 'anymore'?"
Capt. - "It's as if Satan himself scourged this planet of all compassion and crushes it still in his hot, horny grip!"
Officer - "As in 'never had'."
Dooey - "Ah, thanks. My foot then, has anyone seen my foot?"
Capt. - "Hey! Is anyone listening to me or is it okay to go off script?"

Darn I started ANOTHER project!

All I have to say is be careful of doing so many projects at once. It could get to the point where you end up getting nothing done. "He who travels in many directions at once, goes nowhere fast."

AC500BELOW

At 8/12/04 12:23 PM, AC500BELOW wrote: i made some [sprite] comics. you probably wont like them

I think they're H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!!! "There was this hot lizard hoe that I asked out ... she said no ... so I killed her!" That is comedic gold right there! I laughed out loud! I appreciate that kind of twisted humour! Great job!

Anti-Majin-

At 8/12/04 12:37 PM, Anti-Majin- wrote: Now that i'm into drawing again, i will try to work with action poses ... now i know how hard it is for those ho do it for a living.

Believe it or not, you're doing the hardest part of the job right now and that's waiting on much needed equipment. I remember when I needed a system upgrade, but I wasn't making the money yet to buy a new comp. My old system was so slow that work was getting harder. I was SO relieved when I was finally able to order a new Mac. Drawing action poses may seem hard at first, but with practice, you'll get the hang of it. Honestly, it becomes automatic after a while.

Ghaleonx5z

At 8/12/04 04:25 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: What would you get or do first then if you had all the extra cash?

Nothing too exciting. The very first thing I'd do is pay off our household debt. Once that's clear, the first fun thing I'd do with the cash is buy a state-of-the-art entertainment system so my wife and I would never have to go to the theatre again. How about you?

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-12 23:04:52

I am now currently making a Megaman Juno Sprite

Megaman Juno is MegaMan Legends 1 Final boss

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-12 23:16:51

I finished it

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-13 00:57:35

Updated sprites

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-13 05:03:57

At 8/13/04 12:57 AM, Ryan914 wrote: Updated sprites

if only i played megaman legends... :,(

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-13 08:14:56

Sprite Club
I most likely won't be on for the rest of today since work came in yesterday. Unless I get up super-early, I won't be on during the weekend since we're gonna be busy. I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

Ryan914

At 8/12/04 11:16 PM, Ryan914 wrote: I finished [a Megaman Juno Sprite]

I'm not familiar with the character because I've never played a MegaMan game (I know, it's my shame), but I like the sprite! Is that 100% from scratch? I like the simple, but effective, shading on the hair and the smug little smile on the face. The bottom half of the "body" looks like a Dalek from Dr. Who. Is the rocket supposed to be spinning? If it is, you may want to smooth out the animation a bit by adding a step in between the two you've provided and one after them. Each step can show the design on the rocket shifting more an more to the left. Overall, I think you did a really good job!

Kaosboy85

At 8/13/04 01:01 AM, Kaosboy85 wrote: Doc I'm loving the dialoge!

Yep! That's why they pay me the big bucks ... *... okay, I almost made it through that without laughing! The only reason they pay me the big bucks is because, in the grand scheme of "the big bucks", I'm fairly cheap. Thanks for the compliment!

Heres an updated picture of the cast [for] Pixilated Dreams

I checked it out and noticed Dooey looks incredibly hammered. I realized you had to shrink him down because he was originally far too big. Having him tower over the red armoured guy by 6 pixels (that's a lot when you're talking sprites) would not have been acceptable to me. Thanks for posting that cuz now I realize I'll have to resize my sketches. I'm going to make him around the size of Ghaleonx5z's guy all the way on the right.

Be sure that when you finally write Pixelated Dreams, "pixel" is written correctly. Not that I think they'd notice, but PIXIL is actually a registered trademark of Century Software, Inc. and I wouldn't want them to give anyone unnecessary grief.

Ghaleonx5z
By the way, did any of the names I suggested for your characters back on page 135, 9th post down help you out at all? Just curious.

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-13 08:36:59

I don't want to join, but I am curious of sprite websites. There are two I am currently searching for.

1. Kirby Sprites, any at all.
2. A monster called Onox from Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages.

Does anyone know where I can get more of kirby and one of Onox?

This is the only sprite I've made. What you guys think?

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-13 09:00:05

Doc Monster- the part on the bottom doesn't spin

I am hoping to make a Bola or Klaymore sprite sheet

( Bola and Klaymore are from Megaman Legends 2 )

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-13 09:04:15

At 8/13/04 08:36 AM, Alkador wrote: I don't want to join, but I am curious of sprite websites. There are two I am currently searching for.

1. Kirby Sprites, any at all.
2. A monster called Onox from Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages.

Does anyone know where I can get more of kirby and one of Onox?

Good sprite

Here's the onox sheet:

http://tsgk.captainn.net/sprites.php s=gameboycolor&g=zeldaoracleofseasons

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-13 09:08:46

At 8/13/04 09:04 AM, Ryan914 wrote: Here's the onox sheet:

Oracle of seasons. And it was, http://tsgk.captainn.net/sprit...lor&g=zeldaoracleofseasons

Thanks a heap. This site will be useful.

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-13 09:21:15

You guys are good, this is the best I can do

Sprite Club

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-13 09:48:09

Doc-The first thing I'd do if I could is fly over to Sweden to meet up with a friend of mine.

But thats doing somthing, the first thing I would actually buy would be the anime Hellsing.

Amd yeah some of the names did help thanks =)

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-13 09:58:25

At 8/13/04 09:48 AM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: Doc-The first thing I'd do if I could is fly over to Sweden to meet up with a friend of mine.

But thats doing somthing, the first thing I would actually buy would be the anime Hellsing.

Yeh, Hellsing is a really good anime

Amd yeah some of the names did help thanks =)

What names are you talking about?

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-13 10:06:45

At 8/13/04 09:58 AM, Dr_HyakuNinGiri wrote: What names are you talking about?

For some of my characters

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-13 10:11:53

At 8/13/04 10:06 AM, Ghaleonx5z wrote:

I haven't been sleeping well, and keep forgetting things. What characters did I help you out on, and your welcome anyways.

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-13 10:20:46

At 8/13/04 10:11 AM, Dr_HyakuNinGiri wrote:
At 8/13/04 10:06 AM, Ghaleonx5z wrote:
I haven't been sleeping well, and keep forgetting things. What characters did I help you out on, and your welcome anyways.

No , I meant DocMonster

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-13 10:24:34

Damn I look stupid, other people call my dr. and stuff like that, I knew I never talked to you before, sorry

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-13 10:54:54

No worries man, bound to be some confusion.

And Kaos, back and forth lol

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-13 16:40:33

At 8/13/04 12:57 AM, Ryan914 wrote: Updated sprites

It's a good sprite but to be honest, it's pretty under-shaded...
I'll try to make some edits, expect them soon...

Response to Sprite Club 2004-08-13 17:50:08

Here is a servbot I made, tell me what you think

Sprite Club