00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bam76pixon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Resident evil club

180,918 Views | 4,658 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-08 22:58:35

At 2/8/06 10:48 PM, --MRED-- wrote: REVIEW!

OH NOZ NO TOPIC EXISTS!!!!! PLAN B????

BBS Signature

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-08 23:06:06

At 2/8/06 10:58 PM, Warhammer_40K wrote:
At 2/8/06 10:48 PM, --MRED-- wrote: REVIEW!
OH NOZ NO TOPIC EXISTS!!!!! PLAN B????

oh fuck

why do the mods do shit like this >:(

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-08 23:07:28

Hello, Im --MRED-- and well im here to Review a Real Good'n (*yes i said GOOD'N*)

I was Recently Lucky enough to purchase RE:DS (*Resident evil 1 for the DS*)
In this review im gonna cover the ups and downs of this Game :D

First things first, The storyline
Its basically Resident evil 1, All the way down to the creepy mansion,and the cheesy voice acting and opening sequence

Gameplay- This game plays pretty much like the original, Resident evil for the ps1, the only difference is the controls are alot less chunky then before, still chunky, but its pretty good this time around, one of the new features is the "1st Person Knifeing" sequences which is a pretty good direction from the general gameplay, its Good, but sadly it can't be switched on the fly :'(, new puzzles are implicated for the touchscreen, and the microphone feature is really really Enjoyable (*lets just say i got light headed when i had to use it XD*), and the new puzzles fit the game REALLY REALLLLLY well, and they add a new point of view to the game

Graphics-It looks just like the Original RE for the ps1, except the game models look alot better, and the renders are alot cleaner then before, Some of the landscape is Realtime 3-d, be it good,or bad

Sound-Same creepy music, and same creepy Athmosphere, Hell i've still jumped on certain parts (*the dogs are still as scary as they used to be :X*), music is fucking creepy, and everything else is in check

Multiplayer and features- The muliplayer had me confused at first, all of the people you play with via-wifi lan are shown in the game as Transparent stars, at first i was pissed that they chosed to do this, until i got up and played RE:OUTBREAK's online, and i see why they did the whole transparent stars thing, They whould overall block your view, thus make it REALLY REALLY hard to hit your target, thus ruining the muliplayer, There are 2 muliplayer modes, CO-op , or VS, in CO-op you are given 15 mins to fight your way out of the mansion, and the thing is, you don't really want to die, reason?, each player shares 1 huge healthbar, so if you die, you screw over your WHOLE team,And in VS mode, you each are given 15 mins to escape the mansion, and the cool thing is, each enemy you kill, makes the enemys on your opponents side of the DS, ALOT HARDER AND CHALLENGING

And one of my favs features in any Resident evil game is the MERC mode, and all of the Fav characters are there (*including wesker btw :D*)

Overall- when i comes down to it RE:DS is really just RE 1 with a bunch of new features, new looks, and alot more options, if you have already played RE1 regardless, the new features, and enemy placements should really be a challenge to even the most pro Resident evil veteran, and if you haven't played RE 1 then this is a perfect place to start :D

Score- after throughly playing this game i give a 9.50/10

Found it yay

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-09 00:06:46

well im off to goto sleep and play some RE 1 before i take a nappy :D

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-09 11:07:02

At 2/8/06 04:21 PM, DevilsSin666X wrote: oh, just wait for some more cut-scenes. that acting is HORIFYING.

Heh, seeing that surviving police officer as a zombie was scary. Also, those red monsters coming out from the window when I picked up one of those chess plugs. The dogs in the police department basement did scare me as well. I'm very happy with the scary stuff on RE2 so far.

but seriously, there are a few freak-out moments. have you seen the zombie-arms burst though the wasll and grab you? that still scares me and i've played re2 god knows how many times...

Do you mean those wooden planks?

sweet...didn't know that. but you know what else is fun? if you gonna turn re4 off, first
buy a rocket launcher from the merchant, back up a few paces and fire it at him. it's friggin' hilarious.

Yeah, I found that quite funny, especially he just made a dying noise instead of exploding.

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-09 12:45:56

At 3/3/03 09:27 AM, -Majin-Wilder wrote:
At 3/3/03 09:20 AM, Eponick wrote: I will join :)

I think there will be a part 2 in RE Movie.
i think it will be called "resident evil:nemesis"

there is a RE 2 movie its called resident evil 2:apocalypse
and the guy in the 1st 1 called matt is nemesis and i dont wanna spoil it but the nemesis becomes good.....near the end!

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-09 15:33:13

At 2/8/06 11:07 PM, --MRED-- wrote:
Score- after throughly playing this game i give a 9.50/10

Found it yay

And thus shall be our final decision on RE DS. In depth review ands shows potential even if we have played RE 1 this sounds like a nifty little addition. I agree that the multiplayer has its milestones but from outward look , doesn't look to bad. Thank you for the review, hope we get your next review on RE5.

BBS Signature

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-09 17:25:17

At 2/8/06 10:24 PM, Warhammer_40K wrote:
At 2/8/06 09:40 PM, Zer0_exy wrote: Double post but oh well,just downloaded the RE4 soundtrack.The Mercenaries:Hunk song is just so addictively cool!
Gotta link? I'm very much interested.

I got it as a torrent file,so unless you have Bit Torrent or somehting similiar my link won't work for you.But I can try putting them all in a rar folder and sending them to you via email if it isn't too big if you want.

Zer0_exy

The Dark Lord of The 13th Realm

The 13th Realm

BBS Signature

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-09 17:33:32

At 2/8/06 09:40 PM, Zer0_exy wrote:

I can try putting them all in a rar folder and sending them to you via email if it isn't too big if you want.

I don't mind if its too big. E-mail is fine. Thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-10 09:30:13

At 2/9/06 05:33 PM, Warhammer_40K wrote:

I can try putting them all in a rar folder and sending them to you via email if it isn't too big if you want.

I don't mind if its too big. E-mail is fine. Thanks.

I divided em up into 4 different rars and its still too big to email.Got AIM?Or MSN?

Zer0_exy

The Dark Lord of The 13th Realm

The 13th Realm

BBS Signature

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-10 15:17:50

At 2/9/06 11:07 AM, Bahamut- wrote:
Heh, seeing that surviving police officer as a zombie was scary.

yeah, lol, he gave me a nightmare or two.

Also, those red monsters coming out from the window when I picked up one of those chess plugs.

oh yeah, i remember that. i just recently got over jumping when that licker comes crashing through the window.

The dogs in the police department basement did scare me as well.

i wish there were more cerberuses in re2. i think you only see 'em like trice. i could be forgetting something, though...but i don't think so. (and yes...thrice is a word. might've spelled it wrong, but it's the word for "three-times.")

I'm very happy with the scary stuff on RE2 so far.

re2 is a freaky game. i'd go play it right now if i knew where it was. (not the first time i lost it. i have it for n64 and we all know how easy it is to loose one of those cartriges.)

could you give them to me, too? i love re music.

and hey, speaking of resident evil...dose andyone own that sexy resident evil 4 gamecube. you know, the silver one with the black and silver controlers that says resident evil 4 instead of gamecuber on it? i saw it once on ebay, but was too dumb to bid and now i can't find it...:(

[RE Club]:[SSB Crew]:[Free Hentai Exchange Club]

Want animated Signature Pics back? Copy this Sig Pic as protest!

BBS Signature

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-10 15:39:45

At 2/10/06 03:17 PM, DevilsSin666X wrote:
re2 is a freaky game. i'd go play it right now if i knew where it was. (not the first time i lost it. i have it for n64 and we all know how easy it is to loose one of those cartriges.)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!
i just found it! i'm gonna go play now. see you mother fuckers later!

i'm sooooooooooooooooooooo fucking happy right now!

BBS Signature

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-10 17:45:06

I divided em up into 4 different rars and its still too big to email.Got AIM?Or MSN?

AIM- VidWing

BBS Signature

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-10 17:54:14

Rhys's Resi Rant:

Old or New?

isit me or are the old resi styles scarier than resi 4? i've put this down to one thing. Guns. the guns in resi 4 make a hell of an impact and you can properly aim. it actually feels like you're killing your enemy, not just capping them with a pea shooter.

Piss pot.

am i the only person who can't play resident evil while needing the toilet? if i do i REALLY need to take a piss or some spikey dumpster monster (re4) will jump out, kill me, and give me a dark stain on my trousers.

Krauser.

yey! i havent killed him but i've spoken to him in the knife fight and god damn was that fun! the whole dodging shit while talking was great and then he was all like 'umbrella' and my eyes lit up. the ending of this game is gonna blow my mind i know it.

so yeah. not really a rant as much as a few things that happen when i play the games. also, ive put re0 on hold while i try to complete 4, as i cant get away from it. i'm not gonna play it anymore tonight cause i'll probably poo myself.

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-11 07:35:53

Great, I completed RE2 with Leon. It didn't last so long, but hopefully playing through Claire's story will be good and make the game feel a little longer.

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-11 13:51:55

At 2/11/06 07:35 AM, Bahamut- wrote: Great, I completed RE2 with Leon. It didn't last so long, but hopefully playing through Claire's story will be good and make the game feel a little longer.

well, you get a new enemy in that at least...mister X.
he will say hello too you in a friendly way.(a face full of fist)

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-11 16:57:47

i finally completed RE4. and i gotta say. the ending dissapointed me.

SPOILERISH

- you dont see wesker.

- you dont know what umbrella is planning to do.

- leon refuses a bunk-up with ashley.

- uber long credits.

Killing krauser was great though. salazar was really easy once you know what do to. which was s light let down. gonna play 'The Mercenaries' now though. that should keep it lively. or i may start on RE1 finally.

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-11 18:39:27

I finally got around to buying Resident Evil Zero Hour... I though it was worse that the other Resident Evil books... Anyone else read it?

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-11 19:20:38

At 2/11/06 07:35 AM, Bahamut- wrote: Great, I completed RE2 with Leon. It didn't last so long, but hopefully playing through Claire's story will be good and make the game feel a little longer.

cool. the second scenario in re2 is a cool feture. mr. x is a total bitch, but a few acid rounds will put him in his place.

by the way, you know about that trick to fight brad vikers as a zombie? well i was just playing the leonb scenario today, and a went to where you see zombie-brad and found a note called brad's note. part of it read, "oh no! that monster in the black suite found me again! why is it chasing me?" did capcom have re3 planned out already or something?

At 2/11/06 04:57 PM, Arch_Angel_Rhys wrote: i finally completed RE4. and i gotta say. the ending dissapointed me.

i feel your pain...

SPOILERISH

- you dont see wesker.

pissed me off. i need some more weskidge

- you dont know what umbrella is planning to do.

total gayness. as an u,brellaholic, i'm dying to find some more shit out. i want to buy that new book about umbrella. what is it called again? ima gonna look for it on ebay. (ebay is soooooo cool!)

- leon refuses a bunk-up with ashley.

he's gotta be the only guy in history to think with his head insted of his dick. hell, if she said that to me, i woulda wipped it out on the jetski. :)

- uber long credits.

i thought the credits, although long, where pretty cool. i liked how the pictures told a story. fisrt it just showed some pictures of the villagers back when they where human, then it show sadlar comeing to town and spreding his...religion...and than it showed the villagers trandforming into ganados. i thought that was pretty cool.

Killing krauser was great though. salazar was really easy once you know what do to. which was s light let down. gonna play 'The Mercenaries' now though. that should keep it lively. or i may start on RE1 finally.

mercinaries is fun, but beating the wwhole thing is a bitch...i can't do it.

BBS Signature

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-11 19:28:50

At 2/11/06 07:20 PM, DevilsSin666X wrote:
part of it read, "oh no! that monster in the black suite found me again! why is it chasing me?" did capcom have re3 planned out already or something?

no, it's becuse you are playing the N64 version of RE2.
RE2 on the N64 came after RE3, and some things in the N64 version got changed.
like, in a later stage, one of the passwords is "nemesis".

he's gotta be the only guy in history to think with his head insted of his dick. hell, if she said that to me, i woulda wipped it out on the jetski. :)

no, ashly was going to give him overtime, without telling her father.
over time get's paid 1,5 times more then normal hours. XD

i thought the credits, although long, where pretty cool. i liked how the pictures told a story. fisrt it just showed some pictures of the villagers back when they where human, then it show sadlar comeing to town and spreding his...religion...and than it showed the villagers trandforming into ganados. i thought that was pretty cool.

...and killing there own children...

mercinaries is fun, but beating the wwhole thing is a bitch...i can't do it.

lol, i will show you guys a tutorial later.

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-11 19:48:45

http://video.google...mp;q=resident+evil+4

^tutorial^

once you get fealing of chain killing, it's easy.
but this tutorial can't beat my record of a cain of 51 kills in a row. XD

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-12 05:27:08

At 2/11/06 01:51 PM, -Majin-Wilder wrote: well, you get a new enemy in that at least...mister X.

Well, Mr X, whoever the fuck he is. Meh, I'm a little stuck on RE2 with Claire at the moment. There are some parts where I need a lighter and unfortunately, Claire doesn't have a lighter. :| I'll check out an FAQ to know what to do here.

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-12 06:45:38

i havent even got through the first stage of mercenaries yet. the hell maries with chainsaws keep killing the shit outta me. which is good cause i never got touched by captain baghead in the actual game. so at least i keep getting to see the cool deaths.

speaking of which. what's everyones' favourite death scene?

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-12 13:33:46

At 2/11/06 07:48 PM, -Majin-Wilder wrote:
^tutorial^

cool, i'll check it out. i realy want that fucking hand cannon, though i doubt i'll ever use it.

once you get fealing of chain killing, it's easy.

i just can't beat it with ada because of here crapy weaponry. i can't hold on to a combo for very long with her.

but this tutorial can't beat my record of a cain of 51 kills in a row. XD

mine is somewhere in there, i think it's eighty, but i'm probobly way off. (even if it is 80, i did it with krauser and his ass-load of arrows, so it was easy as hell.)

At 2/12/06 05:27 AM, Bahamut- wrote:
Well, Mr X, whoever the fuck he is. Meh, I'm a little stuck on RE2 with Claire at the moment. There are some parts where I need a lighter and unfortunately, Claire doesn't have a lighter. :| I'll check out an FAQ to know what to do here.

i know in the claireA scenario, it's on the sofa in the 2nd floor waiting room. hope that helps.

At 2/12/06 06:45 AM, Arch_Angel_Rhys wrote:
speaking of which. what's everyones' favourite death scene?

when your're fighting the blind guy with claws, (is it garador, or is that something else? dun remember...) i love it when he impales you in the face (right through your eyes!), lifts you up, impales you in the stomach with his other hand, then throws you across the room. it's so cool! :)

for the other games, some of my favs are:

resi1(the remake)-getting impailed by the tyrant and thrown off the roof.

resi2-let's see...there's gatting your throat ripped out by cerberuses, getting impailed by the tryant at the end of the B scenarios, and others that i can't think of right now.

BBS Signature

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-12 14:21:58

Playing RE2 over the weekend was a little fun addition as seeing how far RE has progressed although I didn't see as big of a chaneg in RE3 it still had its moments good or bad. RE2 really set the bar as it introduced new elements that previous survival games ( yes you silent hill) should of came with. Liked the voices instead of horrible voice acting from RE ( bad memories). First game really to take unlocking seriously as to beat the games six times in a total of the scenarios with both Leon and Claire to unlock Tofu which was fun but the knife made it almost impossible seeing as how your left with a small amount of healing items and the only reward you get for beating 4rth survivor with tofu are bragging rights and thast as far as it goes but overall great storyline and wonderful approach on survival gameplay. Graphics at the time weren't too bad either. Still play it. Still love it.

BBS Signature

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-12 15:25:41

it's easy to get a 5* rating in mercenaries on the village level. run to the shed and pick up the 30 extra seconds. turn around and run round the back of the house and pick up an extra 30 seconds. go back by the shed and turn around. smash through the window and pick up the 90secs. open the chest and grab the 30 sec bonus kill time. smash the barrel if you need health. then go by the bed and stand in the corner at the foot of the bed. now you cant be snuck up on. hordes of enemies will come piling through the window and door. as they die (which is usually in waves) you'll give yourself enough time to grab all the health and ammo they drop. when the chainsaw wielding hell maries bust in just grab your shotty, or in ada's case, the rifle and take em out. with ada, keep your punisher for the hordes of enemies as this will save ammo (going through two people an all).

hope this helps you guys a lil :)

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-12 16:40:07

At 2/11/06 06:39 PM, -Superman- wrote: I finally got around to buying Resident Evil Zero Hour... I though it was worse that the other Resident Evil books... Anyone else read it?

Yes, I've read it. As a matter of fact I just got numers 5 and 6. I thought it was pretty good especially if you compare it to the actual game and see how accurate the book is!

IMA HACKEN YUR NG

BBS Signature

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-12 16:58:20

resident evil books? sounds pretty good to me. where can i get em and which ones should i get/avoid?

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-12 18:14:08

Finally completed RE4 on pro mode, got the Laser weapon (cool to use but useless), bought that machine gun with ultimate ammo and the infinite rocket launcher, now all is left is to get the handcannon and the collection becomes complete.

Btw did somebody said before that they completed RE4 just with a knife or were they talking about something else? Am just wondering would it be possible to do it in any of the resi games

Response to Resident evil club 2006-02-12 18:33:00

At 2/12/06 04:58 PM, Arch_Angel_Rhys wrote: resident evil books? sounds pretty good to me. where can i get em and which ones should i get/avoid?

Barnes and Nobles my friend. I recommend purchasing a gourmet cinnamon and a green tea frapachino. Recoomend the first RE book. Caliban Cove is also good. City of the dead #3. Start with those. If you like those then move on to the others but please without hesitation visit the cafe section. Avoid sitting in the middle of the cafe or else you'll look silly. Enjoy

BBS Signature